Old 04-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Dee-have had similar funny scenes at my house with dogs falling off the couch, bed, etc. I can imagine.

You might want to read Potatoes not prozac. Even if you don't follow the plan, it might give you some insight into why you do the things you do sometimes with your diet. BTW, if you do decide to do the plan, you can eat a sweet potato. When I get to that point that is what I'm planning to do.

Curly-good job staying on plan. Never tried those chicken strips. Might make a good wrap too.

Yes, the price of gas is getting ridiculous and I have a gas guzzling Jeep Cherokee. I don't want to get a new car until they sort out what direction we are going with alternative fuel. Sort of like being afraid to buy a Beta VCR.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #122  

Dee-I ordered some of the Tankabars. The smallest number you could order was a dozen so I hope I like them.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #123  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default checking in...

Wow Dee way to go on your test...rub a lil bit of the smarts off on me plz! I have finals friday and saturday and then I am FREEEE!!!!!!

Cant wait to be free to do what ever i want to in the evenings again..

Hostess & lays.... No no no... if I have to stay OP so do you! I know I keep repeating this but with high protein and low carb you can eat a lot of food.. and as hard as it is to believe those cravings go away... I feel 100% better... no headaches.... ok I will step off my low carb soap box...

I have a big jar of vlassic pickles in my desk drawer for when the munchies hit!

just finished up my paper for biology-- 10 pages, Shoot i think i am afraid to eat anthing now-- my paper was on the use of antibiotics as growth stimulators in livestock and the resulting antibiotic resistance in humans..... (yawn...) it was interesting tho!

got my walk in sunday... the outside kitties (down to 3) were calling for their breakfast... don't ask me why... but i am in the habit of double checking the back door when i go out cuz chai can turn the doorknob... (dogs are too smart!) so off i went fed the cats then realized that yes i had locked the door and the keys were inside... lucky tho i gave my parents a spare key........ however did i mention i was barefoot and in my pj's ... yep off i trekked 2.5 miles each way..

Petra sorry to hear Tammy didn't get her certificate.. but i think she did a great job.... and next time she will ace it!

petra have you thought about getting a lil hoopty for running to work? the best car i ever had was a geo metro 4 cylinder it got 40 mpg! maybe a small used car in good shape and use your jeep on the weekends.

my dad has a used toyota corolla that he drives for everyday.. and then a newer larger car for travel...

oh and i am still op ... have not gotten the scale out... gonna stay op for a while then get brave and step on the scale...

ok ladies if you dont hear from me in the next few days .. i will be back after finals!... " why did i go back to college?"

p.s. oh btw my hair is this short now! lol towel dry in the am now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (3.9 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-29-2008 at 09:56 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #124  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hey Girls!

I can't wait to hear what you think about the Tanka Bars Mary! I just loved them. I'm kind of still trying to talk the owner into getting some. I think, even if we have to get a lot (for wholesale pricing), they will sell. LOL He tried them too, and really liked them- but he's thinking the two of us will get sick of them when they don't sell. BTW, you should be getting the others soon.

I may check at the library to see if I can get a copy of the book. I"m just not sure if knowing why I do what I do will even help me. I feel like I just need to do right, and stop trying to analyze myself so much.???? It's like, by the time i'm in that funk it really doesn't matter whether I know why I"m there because by that time I just don't give a darn. I'm intelligent enough to know the obvious, but then, emotional Dee takes over and bops intelligent Dee on the noggin and just takes over. LOL Know what I mean??? Regardless, you guys' (did I apostrophe that right?) just being some support is great. ALL PIC's ROCK!!!!

Curly~ About the hostess and Lays..... it's not even a craving for them that got to me. It was just the fact they were there! They've been there now for a couple weeks and I'm over it! I think I may have broke down and got some plain ol potato chips last week, but I will only stock the lunch size packages so the damage was minimal- and the small bags satisfied my desire. As a matter of fact there is still 1/2 the bag in my car. I'm working on a plan of "nearly" everything in moderation so I don't get that panic of wanting something I CAN'T have. It seems to be working. Slowly, but working.

I'm sending alla my test smart vibes to ya GF!!! Good Luck. I can't wait to see more of you over the summer! OMGOODNESS!!!! I can't believe you've gotten your hair so short. I bet it's adorable. I just remember that first cut you were so nervous about a while back. I love short hair. YAYYYYYY for towel drying!!!!

OK< back to the car cleaning!
Dee~
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #125  

Good luck on your finals Curly. I'm sure you'll do great. I got my hair cut short too. I find it takes more time to style with it short which I find annoying. It gets so stinking hot here in the summer that it was just a practical decision.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #126  

The Tankabars arrived today. The taste sort of like jerky but with a different texture. They are okay but I'm not sure I'd want to eat them all the time.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #127  

Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't been around. My modem was broken for a while.

I've been ok. Still evercising with my DVDs everyday. Eating is ok. I hate to admit I'm still doing some binging. I eat well for a few days and then sneak something like a huge bag of chips. I know it's stress related. I've been being canceled from work more often then not. Money is tight and my efforts looking for a new job are not doing well.

I'll try to stop in more often.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #128  
Remember Why I'm Here

((((((Val))))))!!! Great to see you. I'm so glad you got the modem fixed. I've been wondering how you've been.

Petra~ I liked the idea they were so jerky like, but moister. I only had a taste at the show, not even a whole bar. I still want to get them at the store. I think for the calorie/carb benefit, they would do well. Just have to talk the boss into it lol.

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 05-01-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #129  

Dee-my package arrived today and when I pulled it out of the mailbox and saw the return address sticker I thought "who on earth is that?" For a second I thought I had gotten a package from the unabomber. I'm on call this weekend so I'll probably take one to work with me as a snack.

Val-good to see you again. Nice to have the whole group back again. Now we need to attract some others to the group.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #130  

Hi everyone!

I went out to eat 3 times in the last three days! Well it is my birthday weekend. Wednesday is my actual birthday.

My cat pockeyway is really going downhill. She's 20 years old. She's been loosing a lot of weight. Having trouble eating and stopped using the litter box. She's stuffy and congested and coughing. I was really hoping she would die on her own peacefully but I think I'm going to have to make a decision soon.

Just for once I wish I didn't have to make this decision
Old 05-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #131  

Val. So sorry to hear about your kitty. I remember how difficult that is. Try to enjoy your birthday.

Dee-I've been carrying the seitan around in my bag at work but I haven't eaten it yet. I'll let you know when I try it.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #132  
Remember Why I'm Here

LMAO Unibomber of Gualala!! I'll be curious Petra what you think. I always liked the mesquite Lime one that you didn't want to try. Go figure lol.

Val, I went thru that with Annie last year. I had made the decision that if she made it thru the weekend, I was going to take her to the vet. I awoke that Sunday morning and she had passed peacefully at the foot of the bed. It is so hard. My thoughts are with you

BTW Happy belated... i mean EARLY Birthday

Lee & I went to Livermore on Sunday for an "oh so exciting" Ham radio swap meet. LOL... actually it was quite fun and I got to meet a bunch of the guys he talks with every morning. We went after work on Saturday- 4 hours on big freeways through the East Bay area . There was some big wine festival in town, so major streets (the ones mapquest told us to take) were blocked off and we got lost. Finally found a motel that looked friendly and clean, and got a good night sleep. Up at 5 for breakky, then on to the meet. Afterwards we all went to a chinese buffet. There were 17 ppl at the table! I did ok I guess. We are so limited in restaraunts here, it's really hard for me when we get away. I want everything! Prime rib w/ff on the way there Sat Night.... then a small normal eggs and toast breakfast. The lunch was amazing with all the choices. I mostly kept to meats- one small helping of fried rice. Before you all say where were the veggies, I'll just say I know, I know lol but dang the spread was just tooo tempting. I guess I have more work to do on myself. I decided if we go again next year I'm promising myself to hit the Mongolian grill bar there first!!! oh, and after all that, it looks like I'm up a pound ....

All of you have a wonderful wonderful day!!!!

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 05-06-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: To wish Val a Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #133  
Remember Why I'm Here

OK here's the latest. I found this in a trade magazine I read about natural foods trends.... And even tho I don't care for pickles, I'm thinking of bringing these into the store lol..... It's called PickleSickle. Frozen treats made from freshly squeezed pickles.

Curly, I know you are a little pickle fiend already... would this appeal to you?

They sound weird, even maybe a bit gross- but personally if I saw one at a store I'd probably get it, if only for the name lol.... Anyway, it says once people try them they are hooked.

Petra, do you know of any actual health benefits of pickles?? It states that studies have shown pickles blunted blood sugar spike by as much as 30% after a high carb meal. ( I hadn't heard this and I wont carry them if the advertising is misleading/false). They have no fat and less than 1g sugar.....

I am so intrigued lmao

VAL~ Today is really the HAPPY BIRTHDAY day!!!! Hope it's a good one!

Dee~
Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #134  

Dee-haven't heard anything about the health benefits of pickles. That does sound kind of gross to me personally but I suppose some people might like them. I tried the seitan. I don't like the texture-too chewy. I guess it's a good thing I tried it first before I made a whole batch and discovered I don't like it.

My vet has decided to go ahead and treat Tammy for inflammatory bowel disease so we started prednisone this week. Every day since we started it I have come home to diarrhea in the sunporch where they stay while I'm at work. Fortunately, it has a tiled floor. Today we had diarrhea and vomit. However, I'm not sure it's related to the prednisone. She didn't want dinner tonight so I didn't give her any medication either. I think there is a limit to how much she can eat at one meal without getting sick.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #135  

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I put Pockeyway to sleep the day after my birthday. It was very sad. She was very unhappy and crying and yowling while being given the shot. Not a very peaceful ending. She was always a mean kitty at the vet.

She was my lap cat. I miss her

20 years is a good long life though.