Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Okay, I'm gonna say this cause I am on the tall girl board...
I find myself beating myself up when I see a 5 ft tall or 5'1" person on a show that looks visibly overweight and I am still heavier than that person. Like the little one on Biggest Loser when here I still lurk over 200lbs. Uuugghhh....

I know that I have nine to ten inches on these people, but it still makes me feel like an amazon. Like I'm a giant. And I'm only 5'9 but the tallest woman I know. Maybe it is the area that I live? And yes, I wear a 12 shoe and I've *****ed about that already all over this site.

The good news is that my weight loss visibly shows. Most people think I've lost more than I have. Both my parents thought I weighed less than 200. I do carry it well, but I don't want to carry it at all...

I want to have one part of my body be petite, but I think even my toenails are probably bigger than average. OK, end rant.

BTW, those of you talking about potato chips. Tried PopChips? You can get them at Target and they are way better for you and less sodium than a potato chip. They even have a sea salt and vinegar flavor, and the sodium is less than 300mg I believe...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 176/175/155

Height: 5"10

Iam 5'10-5"11. I have always had a problem with clothing, they were eather to big in the waist so they would fit my hips, or too short in the legs but great on the hips. My waist is like 34 mabie, but i have huge child bearing hips LOL at about 40 inches. and after having my son almost 2 years ago that belly has got to go. Im 175 right now which is not too bad for my height, but i see where i can loose it, belly and thighs. Droping weight should not be to hard, as i was 195 the day i gave birth and in less then 2 months after having my baby i was back to 173. Id like to be 155-160, anything smaller makes me look like a meth head. I eat like a bird very small amounts but several times a day. My major problem is soda. I drink a 2L every day, more if i have it. which is horrible. any tips on helping with the caffine headache when i stop drinking it, i mean im drinking over 800 calories a day in just soda. God bless and happy holidays
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Honeybee, You may be a bit of a shorty here (j/k ), but frustration is frustration no matter what height you are. So I feel ya. Just an opportunity to turn that anger and whatnot into positive energy to get you where you want to be! Good luck to you, you can do it!

fattymcfatty, can I call you Mcf for short? As for feeling and looking like a giant... I saw a pic of me standing next to an obviously overweight shorter man when I was decked out in my halloween (pink muskateer) costume and I flippin looked absolutely gigantic. I might as well have been twice his size. That's life for us though! Key is that we're healthier than they are because there's more of our body for the fat to be distributed -- so that's good right?
I've compensated for the height difference I have over the majority of women/men by wearing 4" heels. If I'm going to be an amazon, I might as well do it right! Just sayin.

pookiebean, Sounds like we have a similar shape. Small waist, big hips. Add a butt for me too. Anxiously looking forward to when I'm 175! As for the caffeine headaches -- is it possible for you to just wean off the soda a bit and replace with tea? That cuts the calories but still gives the caffeine. And it's probably easier to cut down on tea as it doesn't have the asparatame/sucralose that's so addictive.
I personally have a travel mug of coffee every morning while driving to the office and I found I was slammed with a mini migraine when I switched to decaf 2 weeks ago. When I realized it was because of the decaf, I self medicated with tea whenever I felt the headache. Now I'm drinking decaf coffee and I'll have one green tea when at the office. It would be so important to take in 800 healthy calories instead -- potentially life saving. Hope something works for you!

Last edited by prepping; 12-02-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 176/175/155

Height: 5"10

thanks my fello canadian "preppingbride", good advice. at least im not eating all the newfie food anymore or id have way bigger issues LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

hello there,
chips are only bad for me about once a month. Otherwise I have no trouble with them. Also, I never drink soda. I eat healthy for the most part...just way to much of it. lol
Right now it's coming up to that TOM. AAARGH> I hate it. My cravings are out of control and with Christmas coming there's way to much junk food around. We've been given a huge gift basket full of chocolate. TOM and chocolate...now that is a recipe for disaster!!!

FattyMcfatty...I love your name by the way. Hopefully you can change it soon I had to laugh about your toenail thing cuz i have always thought the same thing. My fingernails as well are much larger than anyone else.

One thing I really enjoy about being tall is that the little elderly ladies at the grocery store just love me!! I have no problem reaching the top shelf for them. lol
Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #441  

pookiebean, although I've never been to Newfoundland (yet), my dad's a newfie so I have a sense of what you're talking about.

So, today's the first day of the week that my weight has not gone down. I'm fine with that as I was wondering when it would happen after 4 days of consistent drop. It just reinforces that as of Monday I will only be checking my weight once/twice a week so that I don't freak when I see it go up.

I've met my first obstacle of why it's a little difficult to stay on plan. I was getting home at 8:30pm last night and am told that chinese food is being ordered. I thought that would totally blow my whole day but I was able to influence the order to my advantage. I had a bunch of sauteed veggies with some chicken and a bowl of hot and sour soup. Who knows how many calories that all came to but I know it's not as bad as it could have been with deep fried chicken balls, etc. I consider it to be a win for me.

So maybe that's what I have to do for the rest of the season? Because I know for a fact that this will happen again and again with Christmas feasts coming every weekend and all the goodies that are everywhere. I'll partake with smaller portions and skip over the obviously bad for you stuff. Is that what normal people without weight problems do?

Last edited by prepping; 12-03-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Prepping bride, I love your boxer baby!!!
I have two Boston Terriers who are often mistaken for miniature boxers, cause of their mooshed faces. It would definitely be my breed of choice if I ever got a large dog
Old 12-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 360/303/199

Height: 6'2''

About being big-boned...

I don't think I'm one of those, although I have a large frame.
What I mean, is that even if all the flesh would be stripped from my body, both my hips and collarbones would have to be broken in order to fit a size 0 dress on the skeleton. (yeah, I know... that sounds gross...)
In addition to being large-framed, I'm also of a mismatched shape. I have large boobs, but my waist&hips are at least a size or two smaller. Or that was the case when I graduated from High School... my BMI was around 22, and my bra size was 34DD. As I've gained a lot of weight, I really don't have a waist as such... my hips are actually smaller than my waist... and my bra size has gone up to 40I...
It'd be lovely to have smaller, firmer breasts... but without plastic surgery that AIN'T going to happen

I also know that my arms and legs are longer than average... My arms are actually the same length as my boyfriend's... and he's a bit over 6'8''!

---
I think I'm cursed!
This is the second scale this year that I've broken. And neither of 'em were destroyed because of "over-load"...
I know I'm a bit clumsy at times, and those digital thingys are a bit sensitive... It's only logical that tripping on them will eventually lead to the destruction of the tiny little parts inside. (or, in case of the previous scaly, shattering the LCD screen completely)
Old 12-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #444  

McF, aw, I have a soft spot for any dog with a smushed in face. Jampa (in avatar) is 6 years old and we're due to pick up our little brindle baby boxer boy after Christmas! I'm anxiously awaiting when we get to see him for the first time this weekend.

JMsTyra, who needs to be size 0 anyway? I still don't think that number exists. And wtg on finding yourself a bf that's 6'8"! My hubby is 6'1" so he's a bit of a shorty when I put my heels on. As for the scales... well... that's crummy luck! I slide mine under the shelving in the bathroom otherwise I'd definately be tripping over it too.

Well, this weekend was pretty okay. Not the best food choices in the world but not too bad either. Our friends hosted a christmas dinner so I loaded my plate full of veggies, skipped the bun, and tried to stay away from the dessert table. I did over-indulge in wine when we got home. Oopsy. Otherwise, I did well. I'll be weighing in tomorrow so I'm hoping that I'll be down regardless as this will be the first real weigh in after getting back on the wagon!

My exercise this weekend consisted of walking a bunch as we were Christmas shopping and shoveling the driveway twice. not exactly structured exercise, but still had me moving!

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #445  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwards View Post
So ... this is going to be an annoying question that probably doesn't have an answer buuuttttt.... how do you get rid of belly fat? lol

I am a 'tall girl' 5'10. I am about 175 right now. I have pretty skinny legs but am larger on top. I don't have huge boobs or anything but I feel I have somewhat broader shoulders, large-ish rib cage and a GUT. It's annoying. I am top heavy lol. I have NO butt ... so I feel like I have a rather awkward body shape. I need to get rid of the extra belly flab though as it's supposedly the worst kind to have (health wise).

Though I'm not actually expecting some scientific answer to this ... I appreciate you listening (reading) my rant!
Check out the "I Can Do It" diet by Dr. Don Colbert. It specifically targets the belly area and he also tells you how you need to exercise to burn the white body fat. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #446  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

I was born at 10 lbs 6 oz and very long. When I graduated HS, I was 5' 11 3/4" tall and wore a size 11 shoe. Since I had my son (12 years ago), I have shrunk to 5' 11" and I now wear a size 12 shoe. I am finally, after 12 years, happy with my shoe wardrobe. It was rough, starting over again just after having a baby!

My DH is only 5' 9" on a good day, so I don't wear more than a 2" heel very often. I tend toward low heeled or flat shoes anyway, because I am not very graceful.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #447  

LadyKnight, Welcome to the thread!

So! How is everyone doing?? I'm hanging in there.... my weight seems to be flopping around but I expect it'll be dropping by next week. Counting on it actually. I Have a goal of being a solid 184 lbs.

I bet I'm not the only one with lots of stuff going on with Christmas coming up. I'm finished my Christmas present shopping at least! And really am looking forward to seeing family, friends, and getting a little time off. And getting our puppy in 2 weeks!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Last edited by prepping; 12-17-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #448  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Hello all,
checking in at 5' 10'' with large feet lol

Anyways, I have a question about frame size and was wondering if anyone had the same questions arise...
So when I calculated wrist size i am about 6.5 or 6.75 it's been a while I know I am under 7 and more than 6.5 which is a Medium frame

However,

My index finger and thumb touch and even overlap a bit which is a small frame...

I am just so confused....help!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #449  
In the TARDIS

S/C/G: 368/ticker/168

Height: 6'0"

I don't understand all of the 'measure your frame by the size of your wrist' thing. I have massive hands (and feet) which means that my thumb/finger overlap by more than a half-inch. But my frame is gigantic, obviously.

I have a question to all of you other tall chicks, did you have a sudden growth spurt when you were young, or did your steadily grow?

I had both. My growth spurt rivaled my male cousins', and never stopped. Not that I mind, I would love to be even taller. The only thing that would make me happier would be the ability to find more cute size 12 heels. I'm a fan of five-inchers, which are almost impossible to find.

Last edited by LaceyCen; 01-04-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #450  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

LacyCen - I had two big growth spurts, I would stay one height until everyone caught up then I would get taller. the first one was when I was 11 I was 4'11 then before I was even 13 I was 5'3 I was shocked! then when I was 15, I reached 5'7, everybody was shocked I got this tall because I was always smaller than everyone in my family and my doctor even predicted my height to be at the most 5'5, but hey I like being tall.
Closed Thread