Old 09-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #151  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Thanks, sat and thought about this last night and this morning. I think this sounds great. Will help keep me on task. I put 5 things on a list for myself 3 of them I am already doing but I want to make sure I do them everyday. The other 2 things on the list are kicking things up a peg, which is something it is time to do.

I am the one who goes forward or back wards on this journey I am making. I can't do it for anyone else. I have to do it for myself. I can blame no one when I don't reach my goals and no one can take the credit when I do reach them. This is about me and for me. This is not about anyone else or for anyone else. God is the only one that is with me every second of the day.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-15-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #152  

Hey Shy, you are right, you are the one in control. But don't forget, you are not alone! We are here to support you and we know you can find something with in yourself to get it done! Lets go!!

I wasn't really on a diet yesterday, week-ends are going to be hard. But I did get the exercise in, which is alse hard on week-ends. So that was day 4 I think. I really didn't want to pause so early, or start over. That's what motivated me. Yeah!

Hello to Red, DJ, Shy and Utah! Hope you are all having a nice week end!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #153  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 9 & 10 - good - Practice portion control at dinner - 2 pauses left
Day 9 - pause - Exercise everyday - 2 pauses left
Day 9 - good - Exercise everyday - 1 pause left
Day 10 - good - Minimum of 64 oz water - level 3
Day 11 - pause - Minimum of 64 oz water - 2 pauses left

Well I guess I'll keep going with these challenges. I didn't do as badly as I thought I might. While in Yellowstone yesterday we hiked a lot! I will count that as my exercise and because we hiked so much I managed to drink lots of water. Also managed to make a decent choice for dinner even though we had to eat out.

Yellowstone was so much fun. I'd been there before but not for a few years. We even saw a grizzley bear which was so cool! It was from a distance but the video camera was able to zoom in on it.

Shymoment!

Apple - I know what you mean about the weekends being hard! They're my worst!

djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #154  
Rennie

UPDATE
Day 12
Did my walking video
Didn't have the one can of pop I allow myself a day
Didn't have the one snack I allow myself a day
Have eaten at least 3 times today.
Wrote everything down in my daily log

djs
Oh please enjoy yourself. Haven't been to Yellowstone in years. The place is so beautiful. Enjoy your walks for me too, I would love to be there.

Apple
You are so right. This site is so great. So many people here encouraging each other. Can't do a lot of exercises right now until this lung thing clears us. Right now just walking up a flight of stairs makes me start to cough up a lung. Am going to start my walking if I feel better later today.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-28-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #155  

Day 11 - good - Practice portion control at dinner - 2 pauses left
Day 10 - pause - Exercise everyday - 0 pause left
Day 11 - good - Minimum of 64 oz water - 2 pauses left

Well I took my last pause on the exercise. I was so tired yesterday after our Yellowstone trip the day before. I'll try to keep that challenge going but it's back to Yellowstone on friday to bring my husband some supplies (and of course enjoy the park!) so it's going to be another tough one.

Shy - Yep, Yellowstone is very pretty. That was only me second time being there myself. Funny thing is that we live only about 2 hours away and we never go! I'm looking forward to going back up again this weekend though and doing more hiking.

Hope you're feeling better!

Hi Apple & Red! Hope all is well.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #156  

Hello. I need to figure out what day I'm on...hmmmm....after my save on Saturday, I had to pause on Sunday. Inspiration only trickles in here...I think today was day 6 with the pause. I know I'll be able to get through the week but I'm going to have a busy week-end. It will be stress filled so I should really try to find some time to go walking BY MYSELF each day....
Diet? Well, the time does not seem right. Shoot, if I could get on a roll with both at the same time I'd be....skinnier!!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #157  

Day 12 & 13 - good - Practice portion control at dinner - 2 pauses left
Day 12 & 13 - good - Minimum of 64 oz water - 2 pauses left

Well, have to start over on the exercise and I'm not going to do it until next week I guess. Yesterday I had to make another trip to Yellowstone to bring my husband some stuff he decided he had to have. My day ended up being spent shopping for him and driving up there and back. We are also going up again this weekend and I've got so much to do!

Apple - I know what you mean about doing both the diet and the exercise! I'm really good at the exercise part. The diet part is another story. Somehow we both need to get that one figured out. Good job on the exercise though!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #158  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Heh all. Sorry to have gone AWOL... I've been having way too much to eat, too little exercise...sigh. I'm going to go simple again. It's always the best way to get back in the game. Let me think a bit and I'll see you soon. I haven't read the posts yet. Hope all's well.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-23-2007 at 07:46 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #159  
Never give up

OK!! Here's the new challenge. I MUST write everything down, exercise and food and vitamins and drinks. Too much, WAY too much is going into my mouth!!! Day 1 here I come!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #160  

Hi Red! Glad to see you back and to hear you're getting back on track! I'm doing the same. Just started back up yesterday and am going to try really hard to keep up with things no matter how crazy life gets! I'm still having to make trips to Yellowstone every week to bring my husband supplies until this job he is on is over, but I'll get through it. It's just hard when I'm on the road, and then staying in the camp trailer where he's got so much junk food!

My challenges:
Day 1 - Count calories!!!! - good - level 3
Day 1 - follow exercise plan - good - level 3

Old 09-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Hi Girls.
I missed you all and I am going to try to come back.
Last month was packed with new things.
Work, social life, etc.
I need to watch better when I eat and what I eat. In general I am not very bad: dinner is protein + salad + dressing. If I could only cut the dressing now, and have that dinner earlier. Cannot complain to much, my new boyfriend cooks, and does it quite well. I only cooked 3 times during the last 4 weeks.
We go for a walk daily, but need to get the gym back into the routine. May be next week, he is willing to fight with me, which is great.
For now I will make a committement to post everyday.
CBETA.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

One more note, I did loose like 5 pounds over this month.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #163  
Rennie

CBETA
Nice going
Old 09-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #164  

Wow! You guys went a few days without posting! Well, I have been busy with my husbands side of the family here for about a week now. It has pretty much made it impossible to find time for myself and I haven't been taking care of this poor body AT ALL. The bad news is that I'm going away in about a week and so that will continue to make it hard. I'm going to try to be good until I leave. Although this week-end might be tough again. Ughhh. I have to think of a challenge that won't be too hard over my trip.
Well, right now I'm going to take a walk. Bye!
Hi again CBETA!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #165  
Never give up

Hi dj! Good to see you. You're one of the few holding this space together. And you're the reason I'm posting now. I've been shirking my duties too long!!! Yesterday started out well, then it was downhill because of a bash for two people leaving the office. I think I can still remember what I put in my mouth, of course, not the quantity!!! Sigh. But, it was necessary in a way....hahaha. Anyhow, I'm not rolling, on the track or to the side of it, I'm here! Everyone, jump in and help breathe life into the thread again and help us trying to hang on!!!