Old 09-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #121  
Never give up

S/C/G: 168/161/128

Height: 5'1.5"

Ok, I'm back!
And I've been doing a stealth. I just completed my second day and here are my challenges.

More vegetables! Day 2 completed

Less coffee! Day 2 completed

No alcohol! Day 2 completed

Only one dessert a day! Day 2 completed

No deep-fried foods! Day 2 completed

Only 1 white rice serving, 1 white bread serving daily! Day 2 completed

Get thee to thy exercise!! Day 2 completed

Food journal!! Day 0 completed

Substitute study for snacking! Day 0 completed

Crunches!! Day 1 completed

Wow!!! I am stoked!!!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #122  

Whoa Red!! How are you going to keep track of all that stuff!!!? Shoot, that's probably what I need to do too. Details.
My new challenges, which start tomorrow are:
1: Stick to a reasonable diet
2: 30 min daily exercise
Now that its Sept I have to start the pound a week deal in order to lose 12 or so pounds by January.(Hawaii trip!) Actually, I'd really like to lose 20, but 12 will be great.
Gosh, my belly just keeps expanding. I almost look pregnant. And none of my clothes fit. it's a bad scene. Time to get serious.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #123  
Never give up

Talking all or nothing!!! moving on ALL fronts!

More vegetables! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Less coffee! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
No alcohol! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Only one dessert a day! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
No deep-fried foods! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Only 1 white rice serving, 1 white bread serving daily! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Exercise!! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Food journal!! -- Day 1 completed, 3 pauses left
Substitute study for snacking! -- Day 1 completed, 3 pauses left
Crunches!! -- Day 2 completed, 3 pauses left

I put pauses in but I'm going to try not to take them. They're just there as a buffer zone.

Apple -- You know, because you said that... "how are you going to keep track of all that?"... I made up a chart on the computer with all the columns for all the challenges and then rows for the dates and I printed it out and am going to carry it with me with my food journal. You bet!

It's good to see you back! Best of luck! Now all we need are some others to keep us company. You'll get rid of that belly in no time, Apple. Don't give up!!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #124  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well, back again! I'm starting over once again too. I have had a house full of sick people here, then, of course, I had to catch it too. I will start fresh challenges tomorrow as I still don't feel great.

Red - WOW! What a list of challenges! I do agree with Apple though, I should do the same and get with it again!

Apple - Hawaii is a great motivator! I lost a good portion of my weight before a trip to Hawaii! Wish I could do that again!

Hope to see you back soon Pink!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #125  
Never give up

Wink a place to hang my hat on....

Well, I don't know what's up with the scale, but I broke through 70 kg for the first time in months. I really don't understand it because I'd been up about 5 lbs, then just started losing what must have been a lot of bloat. Well, I'm not going to complain too much. Maybe the extra muscle I put on is helping me burn calories.

I have been doing well for the past few days with all my new challenges and a new mindset. Well, it's not new, it's more like I finally just took to heart what it means to do the things I want to do and, more importantly, NOT do the things that lead me to feel awful about myself. For the past few weeks I'd been snacking on junk and other unmentionables at work. I'd go home and have little sugar binges under way and again at home. I was starting to go out for pints with the coworkers again. And, oddly enough, I was NOT feeling good about myself. Ah, duh?!?! Before, when I was really watching things AND watching the belly disappear, no matter what kind of stress life threw me, I could always allow my thoughts to settle on my feeling proud of myself for putting in the effort. Without that, there was nowhere nice for my thoughts to go. So, I started making that place for myself again. Let's see if I can stick with it.

dj -- Good to see you! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I am the same, chest congested, can't breathe at night. Had to stay home from the horse today, or stay home from work, and we have big things going on today, so I had to let that take priority. Ughh!! Looking forward to seeing your new challenges. Take care!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-04-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #126  

OHHHhhh I am livid right now!!!
I just received an e-mail from my gym. They have closed!!! I am sad, because i liked the owner and all, but I paid in full for a year and she made no mention of refunding anyone. I guess a lot of people go month to month and she has stopped those charges, but i'd better get my money back or
There's a good: I toppped out the weights. I can lift the most possible on their machines, so it may have been time to move on.
There's a bad: She let me bring my 3 yr. old. He could watch movies while I worked out. I don't think I'll be able to find that anywhere else.
Even though I haven't lost any weight by going there, I have built up quite a bit of muscle and I don't want to lose it. Under all the flab, there's some bulk!
Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions and there is a check in the mail, but she left no phone #, only an e-mail. GRRRRRRR
Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #127  
Never give up

Angry seein' red!

Ouch!! Apple, I would prepare for the worst. My father once joined a gym and took out a lifetime membership, only to have them close down and skip town, NO refunds! Can you imagine how angry he was?
I would discuss things with your gym owner if you can find her, but chances are the place went bankrupt and it has no money for refunds. It's probably in the small print!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-04-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #128  
Never give up

Smile moving right along....

*More vegetables! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
Less coffee! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
No alcohol! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
Only one dessert a day! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
No deep-fried foods! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
Only 1 white rice serving, 1 white bread serving daily! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
Exercise!! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left
Food journal!! -- Day 2 completed, 3 pauses left
Substitute study for snacking! -- Day 2 completed, 3 pauses left
Crunches!! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left

Days like this are uncanny. I shouldn't have been able to do so well, but I did, I did!!! When I wrote everything down in my journal, it was like...no way!!! there's gotta be more to it than that...but there WASN'T!!!
Hurrah for me!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #129  

Ok, I'm feeling well enough to get going on challenges again!

Practice portion control at dinner - level 3
Exercise everyday - level 3
Minimum of 64 oz water - level 3

Apple - Sure hope you can get a refund! I'd be furious too! Good job on all that new muscle though! It's nice to know we are firm under that extra padding.

Red - Congrats on the scale! Having that muscle burn those calories sure is nice! Sometimes that's been the only thing keeping me from gaining I think. Hope your feeling better!

Have a great day!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #130  

Hello. I am still steaming about the gym. I'm not so sure that I'll join another one. There is one I might check out. They usually have one month free to try it, so I might. My little one is in preschool now (makes me sad) so I have a tiny bit of time to myself. I was planning to use that time for jogging, since I'm not fond of jogging with the stroller. Oh I don't know!!
I am adding no beer to my challenges, and today is day one for everything. start fresh. I weighed in this morning and I'm still 160, so the damage isn't as bad as I thought.
Great job with your list of STUFF, Red. It's great to have you so excited. Go for it babe!
Hi DJ!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #131  
Never give up

Thumbs up power up!!

Apple -- DO join another gym! Don't let this blow knock you down for the count! You've got the right attitude. Get back in the ring!! And, adding no beer to your challenges will surely make you a winner. I can't believe how the belly fat came off when I went off the booze for two months and how, after just a few nights out again, it came back. There is something about alcohol that just settles around the middle. If you cut it out, you will see the difference! And, thanks for the encouragement!
Here's a little poem for you. Fight!!!

I been scared and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done
Tried to make me

Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--
But I don't care!
I'm still here!

(Still Here, by Langston Hughes)

dj -- Glad to hear you're feeling better. Best of luck on your new challenges!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #132  
Never give up

Cool mostly good....

More vegetables! -- Day 5 completed, 3 pauses left
Less coffee! -- Day 5 completed, 3 pauses left
No alcohol! -- Day 5 completed, 3 pauses left
Only one dessert a day! -- Day 5 completed, 3 pauses left
No deep-fried foods! -- Day 5 completed, 3 pauses left
Only 1 white rice serving, 1 white bread serving daily! -- Day 5 completed, 3 pauses left
Exercise!! -- Day 4 completed, 2 pauses left
Food journal!! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Substitute study for snacking! -- Day 3 completed, 3 pauses left
Crunches!! -- Day 4 completed, 3 pauses left

Well, I guess I will call it a pause on the exercise because I couldn't do anything major, just walking. Everything else was good! And it was a [email protected] of a day. I don't need the extra coffee because the adrenalin is flowing all day long from all the major aggravation at work. It's not good. It's not healthy, but I'll try to carry on a bit longer...

Where are you all?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #133  

Hey hey, I'm here. I can't seem to get off the ground here. Well, I took a walk, so that would be day 1 exercise.
There is another women's gym in town, so I hope to check it out soon. I don't think I'll be able to go more than twice a week, but that will at least keep me from losing the muscle I've built up.
Hi Red, thanks for the poetry. Hey, day 5, you're off to a good start!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #134  

Day 1 & 2 - good - Practice portion control at dinner - level 3
Day 1 & 2 - good - Exercise everyday - level 3
Day 1 & 2 - good - Minimum of 64 oz water - level 3

Off and running!

Good job Red!
And Apple, whatever you do, keep that muscle!

Gotta run! Busy day ahead.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #135  

Day 2 exercise is done. I've only been walking though. Better than nothing but probably not enough. TOM has arrived, which explains why I've had a difficult time combating cravings. Things (hormones) will settle down and next week will be better. I'm already a week behind for my goal of 1 pound a week. Grrr. Must apply myself.....