Old 08-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

May I join? I need to challenge myself and this looks like a good place to do it.

My goals will be simple
2000 calorie limit
1 diet soda per day
10,000 steps per day by use of pedometer.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #62  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Challenges:
2000 Calorie limit – Day 5– Level 3 (2 left)
30 minutes of any kind of exercise – Day 5– Level 3 (2 left)
One pop a day limit - Day 5- Level 3 (2 left)

Got a great workout in tonight, just under three hours spent at the gym... it'll be closed all next week due to yearly maintence so I'll be out for a while... not that today will make up for it... hahaha I wish!! But this is where I usually get in trouble when I dont have to leave to go to workout, always say I will then never do but I'm going to go through and try out some of my old tapes tomorrow.

Looks like everyone is doing prety well in here!! Keep up the good work ladies!
Welcome CeeJay!! Looks like we have a few of the same challenges, good luck!!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #63  

Greetings! I dropped out once again, but I am happy to report that I'm working on a stealth challenge and I have completed day 5! Can you guess what it is? Yup, that no beer challenge again.
My kids were sick last week end so that kind of set me off track. Of course they couldn't all 3 have it over with in one day, it was dragged out over 4 days. Bleh. At least I didn't catch it.
I have to agree that 1200 is probably pretty low, but my intention was just to get a jump start and then become more reasonable after my pants fit a bit better, which creates more optimism which keeps the momentum going etc etc. Anyway, much more than 1500 cals and I won't lose anything, unless my exercise program gets up some steam, which has been really hard lately. And I don't see that changing all that much until the kids start school again. Well, I have to try. I've been totally stagnant in that dept. I should at least be walking. Maybe I'll start a walking challenge, but let me sleep on it.
Everyone looks like they are doing well! Look at Debbs, quietly approaching 21! And Red!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:50 AM   #64  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face still going, but...

1) No Alcohol -- Day 17 completed
2) One Sugar a Day -- Day 15 completed -- one pause taken
3) Food Log -- Day 14 completed

Well, I'm moving along, but feel I'm losing momentum/interest/persistence in everything. My clothes don't feel any looser, in fact they feel the same or even tighter. It could be the heat and sweating so much but I don't think so. Sigh. I can't believe I have had no alcohol, none, zilch, zero!!! since June 12. It's my birthday Wednesday though and I'm thinking of celebrating with at least some champagne and got a drinking date the next day...hmmm....it's kind of cool going total teetotaler. I like it. Never have to worry about feeling cruddy the next day and the rolls around my waist (area) are not so bad at all. In fact, I think there is a lot of loose skin that is going to take some time to shrink, if it ever does....

Apple -- Glad to have your back! Hurrah! I'm sorry to hear about your kids and I hope you do truly miss out on getting sick. I very much understand how you feel about going all out to lose enough to get the momentum rolling. It really does help. Just don't overdo it for long. Do you have any exercise equipment you could use at home? Or some videos. I know it's boring but if you're stuck at home maybe you could still get exercise in. Just a thought.

Pink -- Good work! Too bad about the gym being closed. A whole week too. Mine is closed Monday, but only for a day....I'm going to try to get there tomorrow. Took a day off today, but did ride my horse and I don't know if I got that much exercise, but she sure did....sweat running off her legs. Poor thing.

ceejay -- Welcome!! Of course you're welcome to join us. Looks like some pretty tough challenges you got there, nothing I'd call "simple!" Best of luck!

CBETA -- You are really, really doing well! I'm so proud of you!

Debbs -- We never hear much from you. Tell us more! You're rivaling me for the no booze challenge! Nonalcohol cheers!

dj -- Good to see you back!! Thanks for the praise! Good luck with your new challenge!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-05-2007 at 05:56 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #65  

10,000 steps completed day 1
1694/2000 calories completed day 1
16 oz of coke--start over again tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 AM   #66  
never give up

S/C/G: 212/169/130

Height: 5'4"

hmmm somehow got ahead of myself lol

NO ALCOHOL challenge~day 17 completed 0 pauses left

WALK 1 MILE EVERY DAY~day 14 completed 0pause left

NO EATING AFTER 7pm~day 15 completed 0 pause left

Last edited by Debbs; 08-05-2007 at 01:42 AM. Reason: count was wrong
Debbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #67  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 4 & 5 - portion control during dinner - good

Got busy yesterday and never had a moment to post. My son decided it was time to paint our pantry when he saw me cleaning it and I went along with it. Of course that means that all our food is now in grocery bags in the laundry room until we can put the shelves back up. Then the same son reminded me that I gave him permission to paint his room. Ended up buying paint after dinner last night and he's been working on his room since. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when it's done. He's painting the walls red and the trim black!

ceejay! Glad to have you here.

Red - You're doing so well, don't give up now! Sometimes it takes longer than we would like to see results. Besides, you're doing great things for your health!

Apple - Hope to see you back soon with new challenges! I agree with Red, get some videos if nothing else works for you for now. I actually like doing my videos. I have quite a collection going and do one everyday. You just have to find what you like to do.

Hi to everyone else! Sunday is the only day I make breakfast each week and the husband thinks I should get it going!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #68  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Challenges:
2000 Calorie limit – Day 6– Level 3 (2 left)
30 minutes of any kind of exercise – Day 5– Level 3 (1 left)
One pop a day limit - Day 6- Level 3 (2 left)

Took a pause day on exercise... hoping to get back on track today!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #69  
Never give up

Thumbs up digging down...

1) No Alcohol -- Day 18 completed
2) One Sugar a Day -- Day 16 completed -- one pause taken
3) Food Log -- Day 15 completed

I'm still hanging in there...had an amazing day of exercise yesterday, first riding in tropical heat, then to the gym for cycling and weights. I was pushed by the fact that the gym is closed today for summer vacation and I really wanted to get a workout in. I ate too much yesterday, but at least I got the exercise in. The food log is really making me face reality, the reality of my eating and exercise habits. I'm looking more at the nutrition than the calories, but I think the calorie control will become a part of things when I'm eating really well and not wasting precious calories on things like beer. I feel like I have left an old chapter of ME behind and am starting a new one, no longer a me that wants to go out drinking to socialize but one who finds more pleasure in discipline and achievement. Wow, sounds pretty austere...

dj -- I had to laugh hearing about your son's choice of colors for his room. It brings back adolescence. I would never have been allowed to do my room in my choice of colors, but I do remember thinking black walls and black lights and psychedelic posters were the way to go.
Good work on your portion control.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm thinking along the same lines, the health part IS the most important thing, though I too dream of size 4s and 6s. Ah, but to be there and super healthy...now THAT would be an accomplishment to be proud of. Anyone (I'm surrounded by skinny people here) seems like she can be tiny, but strong and healthy and bursting with energy, now that's rare!

Debbs, ceejay, Pink, good work!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #70  

You ladies are very encouraging. Keep up the awesome work.

calories, steps, diet soda= Will start again tomorrow but will change the 10,000 steps to 40 minutes of aerobics.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #71  
never give up

S/C/G: 212/169/130

Height: 5'4"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO ALCOHOL challenge~day 19 completed 0 pauses left

WALK 1 MILE EVERY DAY~day 16 completed 0pause left

NO EATING AFTER 7pm~day 17 completed 0 pause left
Debbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Below is my report. For the life of me I don't know why I procrastinated the entire day, in a way I feel sorry for myself.
Must change that tomorrow, I want to finish all challenges from my first try!

In other news, though I ate reasonable on calories, my proportion of fat/carbs/proteins suffered from stupid things like pine nuts... but live and learn, next time will be better. I still made some pretty good choices I am proud of.

Aug 3rd - Friday
A. No Food min 2h b4 bed(level 2) - 16 days met + 1 pause day (aug 1st)
B. Daily Excercise to do (level 3) - 11 days met + 1 pause day (aug 1st)
C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 12 days met
D. Food Log (level 3) - 11 days met
C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 13 days met
D. Food Log (level 3) - 12 days met
C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 14 days met
D. Food Log (level 3) - 13 days met
C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 14 days met + 1 pause day (aug 6th)
D. Food Log (level 3) - 14 days met
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Debbs, Red - lucky you guys I never had the nerv to say that I want my room a different color. Not necessarily red, but something more pleasant than all of that green ...for the life me I don't know why she chooses it so often. Not that I hated it...Besides your son is brave, I would never think I am capable of painting my own room....what if I screw something up!

Apple glad to see you are back and working even though in stealth mode. Hope your kids have made full recovery.

Red you are on a roll, almost done with your challenges. Congrats on comming up B-Day!

ceejay, welcome to our thread. It is an excellent one to help start forming new habits

Jollygirl, where are you, have not heard from you in a few days.

Everyone else who I've not mentioned keep up the good work...achieved results will be insight soon.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #74  
Never give up

1) No Alcohol -- Day 19 completed
2) One Sugar a Day -- Day 17 completed -- one pause taken
3) Food Log -- Day 16 completed

Heh all, sorry I can't chat. Gotta run. CBETA, thanks!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:55 AM   #75  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy Birthday my friend. I hope it is very happy for you. I wish you all the luck for the next year.

Have some cyber cake, no calories in that.

Have fun

Joy
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote