Old 07-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #241  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Marie sounds like it was worth the cals. Yummy stuff. Sometimes as long as your in control its okay and sounds like you knew what the cals were and followed up with a great swim. As far as the job goes I know at my present job things will happen then get better for awhile then right back to where they were again. The stress isn't on the job as much as the petty junk that goes on in the office and new rules on a regular basis. I hear its not that way everywhere and it wasn't at my last job. Your always going to get someone whom dislikes you or whatever but it doesn't become unbearable. Maybe if they meet my demand it just shows to me well its ment to be and I should take it. I did take a half of day off yesterday using some personal time and then took off another personal on tues. I had 16 hrs of that left and if I go it gets lost on my end. So I figure might as well use it up. Also I figured use it up and if I don't leave its no big deal either I still have vac. etc. But some of my coworkers are also looking for other employment as well one has been for awhile but more leads currently another friend has been there as long as me. To think of working under these conditions for another 12-14 years is crazy. If this doesn't work out I think its time to look other places as well. This was just closer to home and a smaller caseload. But the difference in caseload is reflected in a more active need too. So it balances out equal most likely. Oh well only time will come. I just read their fiscal year started July 1st. So maybe the approval for funds will be there easier than the end of a year? She has told me more than she has needed to so it makes me think it could be a go soon but I could be wrong. The worst thing will be telling my families and clients. I may have some follow me who knows?
Judy where are you today? Your like Waldo in the book always moving places and people not knowing where you are. At any rate I hope you follow your coach or at least let him out of your bag leave him on your dresser in the room visual is always helpful. Good luck. I have a baby shower and a picnic today. Plans to Kayak on sunday hopefully its been awhile my back is quite sore today but maybe exercise will help me. Take care girls have some fun. Didn't count cals yesterday but here is my thoughts egg roll for breakfast and lunch and a hard boiled egg, some fruit, salad with light KEN'S LIME DRESSING oh so tasty, then a crisp chicken small sandwich at burgerking last night left part of the roll and a homemade choc. chip cookie. First time I baked in awhile SIL b-day. The children stopped in and stayed with pop and I and so our dinner went to them and we ended up getting BK. Crazy evening! BK is something so rare around here for me. Crazy I tell yah and not so healthy either. So not sure what I really had. So now that I look at the whole picture it was not a good cal day at all! Better day today I will becareful even though I have events going on. looking at that intake just woke me up!!!!!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #242  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Happy weekend all, I'm thinking a cat-nap might be in order this afternoon. A nice lazy summer day is really nice. We did do all the in town stuff this morning with the doggies and they were very good. Blizzie was definitely traumatized from earlier this week. She was scared to go back. The vet was great and played with her on the floor and then Bliz didn't even know the chip had been implanted. Hopefully that helps for future visits. Kody loves going there. He's a goofy boy.

Yesterdays stats: 1680 calories, 1.5 miles walking and .5 mile swimming. I guess I couldn't resist keeping on swimming. It was hot out and I didn't want to get out of the pool. It's hard to just play with the stupid swim cap so I just kept going. And my hair isn't green.

The vet called and Kodiak is no longer anemic. That was a good news call.

Carol, I agree about not staying in the current job if the pain in the butt person doesn't leave. So keep looking if this one doesn't turn out but I bet it will.

Judy, it's very bad to ignore one's coach...

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Where's Waldina? She was in OH with family for a few days, back home this weekend with my not-so-little nieces, and headed to the beach on Monday, where she'll be through Friday. My nieces are very excited about doing so many new things.

Marie, I'm glad the doggies are both better. It's so hard when they can't express themselves with words, and youcan't explain why you're making them do these scary things. I'm sure they are happy to have you for their human.

Carol, I hope your back allowed you to go kayaking today. Did you have a nice time with your mom?

Penny, thanks for the recipe! I love pretty much anything with tomatoes. This is gazpacho season, so I will be whipping out the Cuisinart when I get back.

Nikki, it's always something, isn't it? I hope you're okay.

I haven't been too far off program. My nieces have horrible eating habits, and it shows--they are very overweight. It's not their fault, the adults around them have created this problem. At my sister's on Friday, dinner consisted of take-out fried chicken, mac and cheese, cole slaw, pepperoni pizza and green beans. I am trying to set a good example without being all Food Police about it, but it's hard.

Gotta finish packing. I won't be here everyday, but I'll check in whenever I can. Keep up the good energy! My Coach is annoyed with me, I'm sure, but he knows I'll come back to him soon...

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #244  
fIREFLY

Okay girls I overate this weekend parties, chinese and then got on the scary scale this morning. Maybe part of the #'s were salty wt. But what the heck no way will I keep it where it is. I have slacked off big time and feel it. So now I am going to use the scale daily to get myself back on the road of recovery I feel like an AA meeting is needed but a health one in stead off the wagon I was I tell yah. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isn't a good thing I think I let the stress go to my old habits so now more than ever I need to get on track no matter what event is going on no more excuses allowed. I am counting cals on paper not in the head to easy to get off track. Exercise is a must somehow daily. I did start my day with my back exercises today and am off to the gym after work today. I will start off slower and increase my time throughout the week. I was to have pday on tues but one of my clients dad died so I may have to attend the calling hrs. out of respect. I will see how it goes or a nice card and a phone call. Maybe I will just see if she needs me for anything today instead or just to talk. At any rate I will fit in my exercise. I MANAGED TO GET IN A SHORT TIME OF KAYAKING TODAY AND HAVE PLANS OF GOING OUT ON TUES. Another must! My mom went home yesterday a.m. and we did have a good time with each other even with all my running in and out. My sister returned and lives tight next door to mom so that helps alot. Mom's hearing is really not so good now I know how bad it is. But she's a doll just a sweet old lady my best friends mom is kind of mean an not so nice at times. I am blessed in that area of my life. Marie glad your puppy is doing better sounds like a good vet. Bear is really cute but still gets into trouble on a daily basis like a naughy kid. He is so lucky I love him!
Judy sounds like your staying on board with your diet unlike me going off board into the drink and feeling like I am ready to sink. I have set out my life saver and ready to swim back to healthy eating and a better lifestyle no more funny business!!! Well I have a meeting with my boss today and she is going to address a reoort that I handed in a bit late for as much paperwork as we do sometimes one or two things may get over looked, so a plan to ensure it doesn't happen will be put in place. I willnot tell her yet that Iam looking for another job unless she got wind and ask me directly. Time will tell. I should know by tues. about the other job offer just waiting for them to work out the funds. If not I will continue to ck out other places I think. Somethings at my job will never change its mtg. stuff. Well here's to a new start and its monday what a great day to start my healthy quest on !!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies-

I'm going to mak this short as I'm not feeling well. I had a botox treatment thursday and haven't had a chance to rest yet. My boss called this mornin and broke her ankle so I won't be working this week as she will be home with her son. Luckily she said she will still pay me. This weekend after my injections I decided to take the weekend off of Atkins. All the stress of everything finally got to me and I wanted a weekend to eat what I wanted. Today I am back on track though. I havent peeked at a scale yet but I am going to be ok with whatever it says.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #246  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning all,

Carol, sounds like you do need to keep your options open at your present job. Overworking people always results into problems. I'll never get why people don't realize that. Our fingers are crossed about the new job and that they find the funds.

BTW, DS1, DH and I will be going kayaking on the Rogue River on Friday. DS2 suggested it for my birthday and HE forgot to ask for it off. So he's not going but the rest of us are. Sort of funny but that is truly DS2 - he never remembers to ask for days off and usually forgets holidays and birthdays (unless they directly result in gifts for him). So he doesn't get to have fun and we do. It's sort of appropriate since he's an airhead.

More doggie woes. Kodiak has a sore on his chest that we're watching. I'm hoping it's not a foxtail that worked it's way in but there's a possibility. I swear I should just sign my paycheck over to the vet. But Blizzard is doing great so that's good.

Nikki, I hope you start feeling better. Get out a floating lounge chair and float in your pool. That will relax you and maybe make you feel a tad better.

Judy, don't you hate watching parents give their kids crap??? After fighting with my weight all my life, it just irks me that people stupidly put their child into that same battle. My kids aren't healthy eaters by any stretch, but I sure did give them healthy foods and never pushed food at them. They're both skinny sticks and very healthy. At least I stopped my family's food obsession in my kids generation. I think about food all the time and I know that's inherited from my childhood. Visiting my parents always clarifies just where my problem originated. During the current meal the next on is being planned. You poor nieces are probably set for life for the weight battle. Enjoy the beach.

Penny, I hope all is well.

I took today off and am going to play around. We did the bike ride again yesterday and paid attention to the mile markers. The ride was 16 miles, not 12 as I said last week. I was exhausted yesterday so I'm a bum today.

Yesterdays stats: don't know the cals as I haven't finished putting them in but about 1700. 16 miles biking, .75 walking, and .25 swimming. My own mini triatholon.

Sats stats: 1600 cals, 1.5 miles walking. And a great cat-nap.

Well, time to play or goof off (usually one in the same).
Marie
Old 07-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #247  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - I hope you have a good time kayaking - you deserve to have some fun. It sounds like you are really motivated so you'll be seeing some lower numbers on the scale soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new job prospect works out in your favor.

Marie - Sorry to hear that Kody now has a problem. I don't exactly know what a "foxtail" is. Sounds like something your pups need to keep away from! Kayaking on the Rogue sounds like fun, so long as it's not Class V's! I'd like to do some bike riding too - maybe when I lose a bit more weight. We have some nice trails around here and it would be a good way to get some low impact exercise.

Judy - I know what you mean about families having a bad influence food-wise. My Mom still strongly believes that food=love. I'm kind of dreading the food aspect of my trip in September, she'll be very hurt if I don't stuff my face at every meal! I may have to resort to making up some food "allergies"!

Nikki - Sorry to hear you're under the weather. At least you don't have to work this week. I hope you get to enjoy your time off. Taking a weekend off plan isn't a bad thing. We all need a little splurge now and then, so long as we get back on track.

I did a lot of yard work on the weekend and also some clothes shopping, which I usually hate. This time I found some really nice tops to take on my trip. It makes it so much easier now I can shop in the regular sizes. It's funny, I still feel like a bit of an intruder looking at the smaller sizes. When I was bigger I felt very self-conscious when looking in the regular size depts. I'm still not losing, so I'm going to have to refocus on what I'm eating and try to get more exercise.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:43 AM   #248  
fIREFLY

Nikki we all need a break once in awhile and as long as you jump back on quick enough you should be okay. What ever your scale says it might of been worth the little time off. I used my scale today and was down 2 lbs. from yesterday so some of my wt. was water wt. thank goodness. So I am still not happy but better than I thought. For a bit its an everyday ck to get myself back on track. Yesterdays cals 1400 and I tracked on my new little chart I created on my computer with exercise and stress level and cals for each day on it. I also did some exercise too. Wed. I am taking a PD instead of today due to a clients father passing and calling hrs. I felt should be attended. No word on the job yet but if its ment to be it will is how I am thinking. Nothing ck'd nothing gained. If I don't get this I think it would be wise to continue to ck other options out. At least I know that its possible to make a change if its what I want and desire. Maybe I will take the county test when it comes up but it would be a pay cut in the beginning. Who knows options! Marie I will be kayaking with a friend on the Moose River wed. in Old Forge the Adirondack area about 1.5 hrs. away. We will leave early in the a.m. and have a nice breakfast there. Decided to rent kayaks as she doesn't have one and it will be easier to just pay the funds then load mine etc. We will pack a nice picnic lunch and have that off shore some place. Hopefully we will have a great time and a much needed stressless day. She is my best friend never kayaked before but canoes so she should be fine. Not to worry just enjoy what ever our day brings our way. We will stop at a few little shops too. Penny talking about shopping good for you my picking in my closet is getting slim I need to buy a few new things for next year now and some new fall clothes. That is a good goal for me if I lose 4lbs. this month I get to shop for me. What a great idea a reward system might be in order. I should burn a few cals on the river wed. Marie poor Kody never a dull one huh? My thoughts are with you and hope he will be fine. Enjoy your day off to the water ways and enjoy what ever wildlife comes your way. That is one of the nice things about being out on the water checking out nature and things we just normally take for granted. Great calorie burner too. Have fun!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #249  

Carol - go you on 2 lbs water weight or not a 2lb loss is a 2 lb loss. I will weigh myself thursday. I just want to give my body a few days back on track before weighing in.

Penny- Way to go on the shopping and tops Doesn't it feel great to get cute clothes.

Marie-How is kodiak doing today? Enjoy your trip it sounds fun.

Nikki
Old 07-31-2007, 01:26 PM   #250  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, I'm back at work today but not too interested in doing my job, hence I'm here. But I'll get to it soon.

Kody is about the same, I don't know whether a dr. appointment is warranted yet. I'm out of $$$ so I'd like not to. I'm applying the goo prescribed to goldie in the past so I'm hoping that will take care of it.

We went biking again yesterday. From DQ and back was 9 miles - almost made up for the cals eaten at DQ. BTW, it was great. According to my new database program, I ate 2321 cals and expended 728 in exercise. So I guess it wasn't too bad. I also walked 2 miles in the morning. today will be less exercise and definitely less eating. We bought a new seat for my bike (actually DS1 is buying it from my bday present so I don't get if for a few days). I'm hoping that will help on the sore seatbones.

This morning I bought DH and I season passes to Mt Shasta (the ski area we visited most last year). The early bird special ends today and I want to not pay attention to the cost next year, so I did it - paid the $$$. Now winter isn't quite as hateful as usual.

Nikki, I decided I hate my scale - even on it's occasional nice days. I don't blame you for waiting a couple days. I hope you're feeling better.

Penny, interesting your feelings about shopping in the reg size area. Anytime I wander into a plus size I feel like an intruder even if my mind still thinks that's where I belong. I once had a plus size saleswoman (read not girl) tell me I was in the wrong dept. I wasn't sure whether to kiss or scowl at her. I guess it was a compliment but my body image will probably always see the fatty.

Carol, enjoy the kayaking with your friend. I'm really looking forward to Friday's adventure. But first 3 days of work. Which I'm now ready to get back to...
Marie
Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #251  
fIREFLY

Marie HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you enjoy kayaking as much as I do. Just wish I lived on a lake and could just grab it and venture out whenever I wished. Still no call on the job again I did leave her a message though. So we will see how it goes. My friend said its not unusal for it to take awhile if your trying to get some approval to make an inc. in a salary etc. who knows. I am just going with the flow trying to do the job I have to the best of my ability etc. But today I am off at 6;30 to go kayaking with my best friend. We are going up and having a nice breakfast then off to the river front to kayak. Then afterwards we are even going to adventure in a bit of climbing if we can find the energy and the spot. Its not a big climb I did it about 5 years ago and from the mountain the sights are beyond beautiful. Thank God we both enjoy all the nature that the world has and its so nice to take a break and enjoy it all. We are stopping at the Casino on the way back to have a little fun too. So maybe we will have some luck but one heck of a fun filled day I say! Wish you were all with us. I still have to post a picture of the wedding here for you all to view and a picture of the mom. I think I figured out my wt. gain kind of I didn't take my meds last week thyroid being one of them OOOpppps! Just kept putting off going to get them see where that got me. Out of control not good but I am slowly taking a step in the right direction I thought I would never say it but I am grateful for my scale. I have gone down another 1 lb. so it had to be water etc... Cause I never lose like this. I did swim a bit again last night. The tracking is helping also a smart move I must say. Well Nikki I am sure you will be fine your a smart girl and never let it get too out of hand. I should of been a bit smarter myself but this older broad just never takes the easy way out got to struggle with my mistakes. But I am proud of myself for not letting things get any worse and doing something about it. Take care girls and have a good day. Yesterday's cals 1350 and water exercise and water intake better. Good day yesterday.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #252  

Marie

Carol enjoy your kayaking trip.

I have been getting in some exercise finally. I have done 15 minutes twice this week. Dr Atkins said exercise 15 minutes 3 times a week for 2 weeks then add a fourth day then add 5 minutes each day until you get to 30 minutes 4 times a week. I am trying that method hopefully my boduy will hold up to it if I go slow.

Nikki
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #253  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE! I'm glad you got a good deal on your ski passes. It's kind of hard to think of winter already but I know it will be upon us sooner than we think. It's going to be in the 90's here today so I'll have to get my yardwork done early.

Carol - Your trip with your friend sounds wonderful, just the thing you need to de-stress. I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding photo.

Nikki - That's a good idea to increase your exercise gradually. Sometimes I go at it too gung-ho and mess myself up then can't do any exercise. I hope you're feeling better.

Judy - I hope you're having a good trip - wherever you are in the world!

We're going to the new Ikea store today that just opened last week here in Portland. The crowds were ridiculous the first few days, so we hope it's less busy by now. We can't wait to have the swedish meatballs that they are famous for - we used to go there for lunch sometimes when we lived in California and really miss it. I'm going to have to be very careful not to eat too much - maybe my DH and I can share a plate and have a salad with it. We're looking for a new desk/dressing table for our guest room since our son took his old one when he moved out.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #254  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, thanks for the b-day wishes - but my b-day isn't till Friday. But I appreciate it all the same.

DH and I are going biking today. It'll be in the 90's but I bring loads of water, then I'll jump in the pool afterwards.

My cals yesterday were at 1675 and I walked 1.5 miles and swam .25 miles. TOM is visiting so the scale was kicked to the back of the bathroom. I'd really like to leave it there...

Penny, have fun at the new store. I've never been to an IKEA. I didn't realize they had food there too.

Carol, I hope your day is relaxing and a blast. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Nikki, good for you starting slow with the exercise. don't push your body too hard or it'll be mad and you'll suffer the repercussions.

Time to work.
Marie
Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #255  
fIREFLY

Well what a wonderful day it was kayaking on the Moose River. Though it was in the 90's we were in shade alot which was pleasant. We found a little island and pulled our boats off to the shore line and took a little dip. The water was cystal clear. We saw no black bear but we have pictures of his foot prints in the sand. After a few hrs. we then went exploring some gift shops and drove up to see some mountain views and had lunch at a lovely log cabin restaurant with a huge deck over 4th lake. On the way back we stopped at the casino and both came out ahead and doubled our money. So our whole day really was almost free. i did manage to have some ham at breakfast otherwise ate pretty healty but the scale was up this a.m. most likely the ham I hope anyways. Its all a balancing act. Marie hope you have a lovely day on friday for your BDay. Put some lemon slices in those water bottles it will help and so yummy. My back is a bit sore this a.m. and sleeping wasn't so good but I had this job thing on my mind. She called yesterday but of course I was off having fun. So today I will hear its a little scary even if they met my demand. Time will tell I couldn't tell by her message and they might not want to pay me what I asked for if others in different states aren't getting that much. I know she had to justify my wants and her needs etc. Oh well lets just see today but it is a bit stressful. My back is sore and I will pay for my fun I am sure. Penny Ikea I have seen only on the web.and my daughter has stuff from there but food I did not know about. But the other day I heard that people interested in purchasing a mattress can try it overnight there? Crazy but a good idea. Have fun! Judy hope your doing well and enjoying yourself where ever you are. Nikki thats a good way to get into the swing of things I think maybe I should join in as well. Marie is right take it slow I feel the pain this a.m. for my pushing yesterday a bit hard. But it will be okay with a little pain reliever I think. Take care girls and I will add my cals etc. later lots of water yesterday. I plan on taking it today too! Around 96 here today.