Old 06-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #121  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Ah, the end of the weekend. I always hate SUnday evenings. I'm lucky, tho, tomorrow I'm off but it's still not weekend. DH won't be here. BTW, he and I talked the other night about his job and the depression. I told him that I was relieved that it had finally lifted. He said he'd noticed too and took a page from my book and started exercising every day. He's definitely doing better.

I had major hair color issues today. I dyed the roots and bam, it all turned green. What a mess. So DH and I went to the store and bought a Strawberry Blonde on the advice of a beautician - she said it would pull the green out. She was right. It's got just a hint of red - mostly blonde. But the damage it did to my hair. I was sure upset earlier. Now that DH cut 1" off it's better but I didn't like losing the inch.

I walked the doggies this morning for 2.5 miles. They sure have taken to the early morning walking routine. Yesterday when we didn't leave the house as soon as I left my bedroom they were annoying. Today, we left immediately and their tails were a waggin'. Come winter, they'll be so sad. They'll have to use my light therapy.

Judy, you and I are in the same boat food wise. I go off but then make up with the exercise. BTW, I hate the Alli. I stopped taking it on Friday. My stomach was so gassy and that's just not nice to my family. I guess that was $70 down the drain. Anyone wants it, I'll send it one to you... And I'd hardly had fat. Also made me feel bloated and fat.

Nikki, cudos to your BF. That was very nice of him and the hostess. I'm glad that you're doing so well on your plan. I go through peaks and valleys dieting. Months of being and angel and a couple weeks of being a devil. Right now I'm the

TTYL,
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #122  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - I'm glad your DH is feeling better. Your doggies are so lucky that they get so much exercise. I know someone who lives in an apartment and has a large standard poodle. That breed also needs lots of exercise but she and her husband both work and the poor pooch sits around at home all day. I don't think it gets to go for walks very often. I wish people would think twice about getting big working dogs and keeping them cooped up all day. I've heard some bad things about Alii too - I guess it's not something you can take long-term. Can you get your money back?

Judy - I'm sorry you had such a hard week - work and eating wise. I hope this week gets off to a good start for you. I've also been struggling lately. I have been experimenting with not logging my food and I'm afraid there's been some "calorie creep". I really don't want to have to log everything I eat for the rest of my life, but maybe that's the price I'll have to pay to keep things under control. It was probably a good decision for you not to go to the BBQ festival - I know that I'd have zero willpower in that situation!

Carol - I can't wait to hear all about the wedding. I was thinking of you and the happy couple on Saturday. You are probably heaving a big sigh of relief that all the work is over and you can relax a bit.

Nikki - I'm glad your dinner worked out well. It was nice of the hostess to make something low carb for you. It was also very thoughtful of your bf to help out by mentioning it to her. I know how one meal heavy with carbs can be a slippery slope!

I had a fairly good weekend calorie-wise and managed to do some gardening and I walked a mile on the treadmill yesterday without my foot hurting too bad. My right hand is still sore from the acupuncture so I think she must had hit a nerve or something. Since she's someone I know personally, I'm not going to mention it to her, but I won't be going for any more treatments.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Marie- Yea my boyfriend is pretty great. I o through the same peeks and valleys. From october - Jan of this year was a valley. Atkins has truly been a god sent to me. It has helped me blow away my plateau at 157. 5 more pounds to go before i reward myself. I have wabnted my stomach re pierced for 4 years now. Once I get below 145 I will do it

Penny- ood idea to let the acupuncturist know. Is there any health reason you are not going to go back ? I know for me it was a monetary thing.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #124  
Brit Chick

Nikki - The reason I'm not going back to the acupuncturist is that I've been having a lot of pain in my right hand where she placed the needles. My left hand and foot where she also placed needles are ok. I'm hoping it goes away soon as it's kept me awake a few times at night. I'm glad that Atkins has helped you get off your plateau. I'd like to try it again as I've had success in the past on Atkins but I don't think I could stay on it for very long.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #125  

Penny-
I hope your hand feels better soon and you get some sleep. Regarding the atkins there are some days I cant bare to be on it. However, I find when I play with recipes and make yummy foods I can do it better. Today I made a potaoe salad but used cucumbers instead of potatoes. It came out pretty good.

Nikki
Old 06-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Marie, it's good that your hair is back to a 'natural' color! My hair is mostly black, so I can't imagine how I'd look with a greenish tinge. Your hair will grow back out before you know it. I hope your hubby continues to improve his mood. And thank you very much, but please keep the Alli, I don't think I'm terribly interested!

Penny, "calorie creep" is a great term! That has totally been my problem these last two weeks. An extra 100 here, and extra 200 there..and suddenly that's enough to keep from losing, and for my stomach to assume that the ceiling has officially been raised from 1400-1600 calories to 1800-2100. This is where my resistance to tracking my eating is holding me back. I will ponder calorie creep, and maybe it will help me talk myself into keep a log, at least when I'm on the road.

Nikki, I'm sure that a piercing would be a disincentive for me. But the idea of being proud of my belly, instead of hiding it, is motivating. So go ahead and lose those last five pounds!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #127  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Girls what a great day we had from weather, ceremony and great food and company. Lots of dancing for all and the food was so great. We had it catered by a local company and everything was so tasty. Everyone had a super time. My son inlaw wrote 3 pages of beautiful things to say and did so very well that was laughing points and loving momments in it. I never heard anyone do actually all that in front of such a crowd. But he wanted everyone to know he was marrying a lovely girl and he couldn't ever live without her and can't remember what a day was like without her on his side etc... I tell you my own heart melted as he read it out loud. He really is a special person and I think they will have a lovely life together. I was almost late for the wedding as the hairdresser did me last. A french twist and poofy on top it came out really nice. I had to ride to the wedding with friends instead of my daughter but did get there before she put on her dress etc. My husband was able to walk her and did it that wasn't easy but something he was determined to do he almost fell at one little pt. losing his balance on the step but my older daughter greeted him on his side steadied him and everything was fine. He also did the father daughter dance a bit so but it worked so that was also pretty special. The couple just enjoyed every second of their day I will add a couple of pictures. Oh my dress came out lovely and lots of compliments I wore the shawl too. Well it fit so nicely so I knew it was the right dress that day very comfortable to dance in as well as walk in. Now this is all a memory and one great one at that. This week I am enjoying the visit from the my kids from Maui and my little grandson. We are off to camp in the morning and relax for a few days so you won't hear from me til friday or saturday. I am going to kayak, fish and enjoy the company of all of them. So take care and I will catch up with all of you soon.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #128  

Carol-I am so lad things went well Saturday !
Old 06-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Carol, thanks for taking the time to let us know how it went! Have a great time with your Maui crowd.

Today is a big day: I wore a sleeveless dress, something that I never do. I have lovely sleeveless dresses, but I keep waiting for some magic day when my arms aren't so huge before I wear them. This morning I looked at the four dresses in my closet and asked myself if anyone cared except me....no one screamed in horror on the subway, so I guess it's okay . My dream is to have upper arms like Angela Bassett's. When I first saw the movie What's Love Got to Do with It, I thought she looked strong enough to give Larry Fishburne a good sock in the jaw . My biceps aren't too bad, thanks to Turbo Sculpt and Curves, but I will need lipo and surgery to get rid of the flab and skin hanging off my triceps. Whatever. I will wear my dresses this summer and keep on lifting weights .

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #130  

Judy- I am glad you are having a good day. I am sure your arms don't look as bad as you think. Keep up your good work
Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #131  
Brit Chick

Carol - Thanks for your wonderful description of the wedding - I could almost imagine I was there. It sounds like everything went off perfectly and your son in law was very sweet to make such a loving speech. I hope you have a nice time with your visitors from Maui.

Judy - You've given me courage to wear some of my sleeveless things (without wearing a jacket or blouse over them to hide my arms). I'm getting to the point where I don't give a darn who sees my arms - I want to be comfortable when (and if) the weather gets hot here! As you say, people aren't going to notice anyway. We can call ourselves the "Sleeveless Sisters"! Enjoy your sleeveless freedom!

Nikki & Marie - I hope you're having a good day.

I'm managing to keep on track the last few days and have been walking on the treadmill. Once I can do half an hour without too much discomfort I may try walking in the park - it's so much nicer than walking indoors.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #132  

Morning Ladies-

I hope everyone is having a good day. I had my weekly weigh in and lost 5 lbs this week I will be happy if I can get down to 147 by July 4. Although it would be nice to meet my goal.

Nikki
Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #133  
Brit Chick

Yay Nikki! You are a real inspiration. Congratulations on losing 5 lbs. You'll soon reach your goal at this rate.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #134  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone!!! Carol, sounds like the wedding was wonderful. Congrats to you for getting a thoughtful son in law. That's the best a mother can dream of. Enjoy your vacation and Maui family.

Judy, a friend said to me about 23 years ago that I know I'm fat, you know you're fat so just wear shorts and stay comfy. That really stuck with me (BTW it was not said in a mean way). At that point we were living in VA and the summers were upper 90s and humid (as you know and are living). I'd been wearing jeans to cover up. She said that and it was the most liberating thing going. I've worn shorts, sleeveless shirts, etc ever since. BTW, my arms are ugly. And I hate to lift so they stay ugly. Someday the lipo and tricep tuck will be done for me too.

Penny, I agree you should tell your friend. Especially since it's still sore - you might need to go to a dr. Who knows what happened but all should be informed.

Nikki, way to go on the weight loss. I'm glad Adkins works so good for you. Calorie counting is the only thing that works for me. The 2 day stint on Alli proved that.

So the Alli thing, I don't know if I can return it. I doubt it. But I think officially it's out of my system. This is the first day I don't feel bloated or gassy. Horray. I will just use diet and exercise from this point on.

Penny I totally agree about the doggies and exercise. My dogs are so happy since we not go daily. They've always been running around our yard, but the morning ritual is what they're excited for. They bug me till I get my shoes on. They're going to be very bummed when I go on vacation. I told DS2 that he needed to walk them and he looked at me like I was nuts. As long as he feeds and waters them, I guess I won't complain.

Well, back to work.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #135  

Penny - Thanks

Marie- I'm glad you feel better after getting Alli out of your system. Did I miss something are you off on vacation?

Judy, Carol I hope you are having a good day.

Nikki