Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:46 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Losing Weight in 2008

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure need it--365 days of support, motivation, energy, suggestions, advice, understanding, and LOSING! Oh wait, it's a leap year--make that 366 days
Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm with you. I've got a lot to lose as you can see from my ticker.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm in!

and that extra day means I DEFINITELY will hit my goal in 2008

What I would really like in 2008 is to lose this final 48lbs in the next 37 weeks so that I'm at goal by my 29th birthday. if it doesn't happen (and i've been losing just about 1lb a week so i won't be shocked if it wont) I will still be happy, but I would be HAPPIER if i made it it's not TOO much more.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

I've got a lot of obstacles, but they are all overcomable (yeah, I made that word up), and I've also got lots of motivators. We have 2 puppies right now, so walking them more will be an easy way to get more activity into my schedule. I'm also engaged, so looking a bit better for my future wedding (we haven't set a date yet) would be nice. We also hope to start a family in the next 4 years or so, and I want to be healthy and fit for pregnancy since I don't have the greatest health track record--I know it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy while obese, but with my health history, I know it's not very likely for me!

We went to Olive Garden a couple weeks ago, and we sat in a booth. It was so tight that some of the top part of my stomach hung over the table. It was pretty horrific, and I don't ever want to experience that again, or, even worse, end up not fitting into the booth at all.

FoodObsessed--I'm with ya on the lot to lose. I'm about 320 right now, so I'm in it for the long haul!

karmuz--I'm not one to set specific time goals for my weight loss because it can be so frustrating. Don't forget that the closer you get to goal, the more likely your weight loss will slow down even more. I'm not trying to discourage you by any means, but I'm not sure it's 100% realistic to expect to even keep losing at the same rate you have been for your last few pounds. Just remember that anything other than a gain is a step in the right direction, no matter how fast or slow!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #5  

I once lost 80lbs in 5 months so it's not too much to lose 48 in less than 37 weeks.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

I would like to join you all. I need all the support and motivation that I can get to keep me going.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
I once lost 80lbs in 5 months so it's not too much to lose 48 in less than 37 weeks.
Wow! Did that 80 pounds take you all the way down to your goal? I just know I read/hear a lot of stories of people who have a lot of weight to lose taking even up to a year or more to lose the last pesky 10 pounds or so.

I'm hoping that since I have SO much to lose, it will at least come off pretty quickly at first. I know I'll have to adjust things as my weight gets lower, but I look forward to seeing the numbers go down a bit quicker in the beginning
Old 12-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #8  
weight watching

I'm in! This has GOT to be my year. It's the 10th anniversary of my starting diets

I have more than 100 pounds to lose, but I'm doing Weight Watchers, and taking it 10% at a time. If I'm 50 pounds lighter next year, I'd be happy.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #9  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Morning, Ladies ~ I would love to jump on board with you !

I use to be a regular poster at 3FC, but then all the other things in life got in the way and I haven't posted in at least a year.

At this point my goal is to do some "down sizing" - I know that will equate to weight loss, but trying not to focus on the weight aspect at this point. Someone recently said to me "if you weighed the same but were smaller, would you be okay with that".. Darn right it would be !!

I just finished a program at the local rec. centre so my goal is to continue with the gym, clean up my eating habits, and get into some smaller clothes.

Look forward to taking this journey with all of you !

Last edited by Louie; 12-28-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm in, too! Thanks for starting this, Jill. I've always enjoyed reading what you post!
I've got a long way to go, too. I have a vague number in my head as to what I want to lose over the next year, but I'm not going to put a time limit on getting to that weight. I get way too frustrated, anxious, and crazy when I do that. I'm thinking that a reasonable loss for me over the year would be 40-50 pounds. I won't be at my ultimate goal, but that will put me so much closer!!
I didn't lose all that much since I joined 3FC in February, but I made some good progress in changing my diet and adding exercise. I lost my way in the summer, but I came back.

So excited to get some pounds off!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #11  

When I lost the 80lbs, it didn't take me to goal. I was 280 and at my height the most I should weigh is 154.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

With being back to needing 100 lbs to lose,I'll definately be checking in daily and reporting on how I'm doing.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/218/182

Height: 5f 6

Default Joining in

Hi Folks

I hopw you don't mind if I join you.

My Goal for 2008 is to reach my target of 168lbs but before that I have a mini summer target of 20lbs to reach before 13th May as this is the date me and hubby go on holiday for the first time together without kids in 18 years.

20 weeks 20lbs to lose. Fingers crossed xx
Old 12-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
karmuz--I'm not one to set specific time goals for my weight loss because it can be so frustrating. Don't forget that the closer you get to goal, the more likely your weight loss will slow down even more. I'm not trying to discourage you by any means, but I'm not sure it's 100% realistic to expect to even keep losing at the same rate you have been for your last few pounds. Just remember that anything other than a gain is a step in the right direction, no matter how fast or slow!

I don't expect to at all.. I'm the kind of person who sees a set goal as a challenge, though, and I will work that much harder to make it happen. I know not everyone is like that and I don't 100% expect to make it there. I like to say that it took me 4 years to take off the first 50lbs I've lost, lol, but i didn't set any major goals and without them I lose interest.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #15  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all.....I'm joining you in this group, BUT with one huge difference....

I am NOT dieting in 2008.

Yep, you read it right. I tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, the Fat Smash Diet, and South Beach--ALL of these in 2007. And I am still the same weight as I was last year. The diet mentality has gotten me NOWHERE.

For the first time ever, I will LISTEN to my body. My body will tell me when to eat, what to eat and how much to eat. Get this--my body has had this capability all along and I've never listened to it! It's kind of like having a feature you never knew about on a car that you've had for years.

My focus will be on how I FEEL more than what the scale says.

I am committing to loving my body more this year and taking good care of it with pampering, exercise, and eating what it wants, without guilt. No more diets of any kind. No more abusing my body with too much food.

I like Nelie's signature: "Eat for the body you WANT, not the body you HAVE."

I'm looking forward to being on this journey with all of you....
Closed Thread