Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Nikki, congratulations! Last week was a great week for you.

Penny, I'll think of you and Marie as I work through my self-consciousness about my arms. My legs, though, that's a whole other story...

I have been good about doing cardio in the fitness center at the hotel in downtown Atlanta my first two days here. All the cardio machines have little mini-TVs, which I thought would be irritating but is quite diverting, especially if you have the sound down and are listening to music. I make up dialogue for Paris Hilton, Larry King, George Bush, the Headline News anchors, etc., and snicker. My eating has been okay. I bought some bottled water--the main challenge yesterday was feeling dehydrated, and taking in extra calories in sweet tea and a smoothie instead of plain water. Today is better.

Okay, time for more workshops! I'm at a big event with thousands of people, including some I haven't seen or even thought about in over 20 years. It's very disconcerting to see someone from my past step out of the elevator or the Starbucks in the lobby. Luckily by now most of us are wearing our name tags. Yesterday I felt like someone in the early stages of Alzheimers', running into people I felt good about but not knowing why!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #137  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Judy, sounds like you're having a good time. I'm proud of you for exercising in the hotel's gym. Look how far you've come.

Nikki, I'm not on vacation yet. DH and fly to Fairbanks on July 7. We are so looking forward to it. We were supposed to go to Mt. Hood tonight to ski tomorrow but since it's forecasted to rain the entire time, we cancelled. Skiing in the rain sounds dreadful. I don't like skiing when it snows (flakes pelting my eyes or with goggle making them wet) so rain would be awful.

I have the dreaded annual visit in a little over an hour. I'll be honest - it's supposed to be annual but I haven't gone in about 5 years. So I'll be scolded as well as the yucky rest. But it'll be done. I learned a bit more about my family history that made me get off the procrastination.

I walked the dear doggies this morning and swam laps last night. I'm going to swim when I get home too. I guess I'm exercising regularly 2X per day. How silly is that??? Food is okay today but I'm still struggling big time. When I return from Alaska, I will be on the ball and lose 10 pounds. That's my goal - lose 10 pounds after July 14th by hopefully Christmas. Just know disgusting Alli to help.

Work is okay. End of the year state reports are basically done!!! I just finished the last but I have to help with one on the alternative schools because I understand how the state system works.

Talk to you tomorrow. Judy, I'm grabbing my shephards hook, sheep and elves and am going over the mountain to Costco. I love Costco!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #138  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Judy - You're doing great with all that exercise. Good idea to keep well hydrated. Name tags are a great idea a big gatherings (except everyone has to lean forward to squint at your name so they can't pretend to actually remember it! )

Marie - Have fun at Costco. We went yesterday and spent about $80 stocking up on bathroom tissue, paper rolls & kitchen trash bags - talk about thrown away money!!! Of course my DH had to look at all the cool gadgets. I'm amazed how much furniture they carry these days - unfortunately most of it made in China. It's great that you're exercising 2x a day. Good luck with your 10 lb. goal for Xmas, it sounds doable. You must be getting excited about your trip to Alaska. I've heard so many good things about Alaska, especially the cruises. If I were a bit more adventurous I might talk my DH into going.

Nikki & Carol - I hope your day is going well.

I went to my yoga class for the first time in 2 weeks and it felt good. I had to modify the moves a bit as I had minor surgery on Tuesday so I have to be careful till the stitches come out. I'll go on the treadmill later, so I'm doing pretty good for exercise today.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Judy- Way to go on the exercise

Marie-Enjoy it when you get there. Got to love Costco!

Penny-Good Job on the exercise.

I am kind of down today. Nothing to realy report. Catch you tomorrow
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #140  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Nikki - I'm sorry you're feeling blue . I hope you feel better on the weekend.

I had a pretty busy but good day. Calories ok and I worked out at Curves. My boob procedure is such an improvement - I'm very happy with the result. I'm looking much more "even" without having to replace the implant. I'm splurging a few calories on a Margarita as I deserve it and it's Friday! Yay!

Have a great weekend everyone!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #141  
Lifelong Journey Member

Penny, glad that you're evened out. Probably no one would have ever noticed, but we sure notice on our own.

OK, Costco was great. Is great! I love that place. Here's the story... I ordered Alli online at costco.com and it was taking a while to get here, so a week ago Wednesday, I bought a bottle (70 bucks a shot). I tried it on Thur and Friday and hated it. Really, really hated it. I flet bloated, fat, gassy, but didn't have the icky talked about side effect. But I hated it and it took till Tuesday to feel better. So I brought the costco.com one back to Costco today with the online receipt because it was vacuumed sealed and clearly not opened. The other one is in my med cabinet awaiting disposal. So I told the guy how horrible the stuff was and that I wanted to return that one so that my mistake wasn't 140, it would just be 70. So he says, "Let's do the first one." I'm confused at this point since I wasn't trying to return the open one (didn't bring it or the receipt). So he refunds the online one and looks at the printout and says it's to be destroyed. That means he'll refund the second one and told me to destroy it when I get home. I'm like blown away - I didn't even bring it to the store. He looked at my records, asked whne I through I bought it - I told him the exact day and he credited my AmerExpress. I can now dump those suckers down the toilet without any guilt. Is that not cool. He said Costco 100% guarantees satisfaction. I would never have thought of trying to return the opened package. Wow.

So I've had a great day.

Nikki, I hope today is less blue than yesterday. I went through a blue funk ( used to call them DBFs - deep blue funks) but it wasn't deep at all last week. It was strange to be down for about a week - I guess the bipolar isn't all the way eradicated with the exercising. So Nikki, I hope your funk lasts way shorter than my week.

The dr. appointment was very good. I didn't get chided or anything for waiting 5 years. She was nice and understanding, and she grew up a bit in the 5 years (part of the reason I wasn't keen on going back - I'd liked her but she was about 28 and very hip - not my thing). But she's had two babies and is much more laid back and not dressing like Hollywood. She naswered many questions and said, "great, look you weigh less than when you were here last". I then came clean and told her how much I'd gained in the period and how much I've lost. She loves all the exercise I do. She thinks I'm healthy. Now just to have the normal card come in the mail...

Well, I'm going swimming now. HAve a great night!
Marie
Old 06-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #142  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello girls and just wanted to try and catch up with all of you. Congrats to Nikki with your loss! Hurray! And Judy good for you wearing what you wanted after all you should. I am pretty built on top with a broader than I'd like musclar shoulder area and still have some flab under my arms. I am not sure where it came from it just appeared one day. And with rowing and gardening one wouldn't think that would be there. Oh well it is and I am not going to let it stop me from wearing things. Maybe it will disappear. But good for you and now see your dealing with making some changes you should be proud of as well. You have worked hard to get some wt. off. I am going to get serious again soon especially after the kids go back to Maui. My son is delighted he is shipping his 1954 chev. car back to Maui. Dad and I gave it to him last year. He has been working extra hard to have the funds to send it home to use it there. It was nice to see him so happy. First he had to insure it here and register it before shipment could be arranged. We took our 1954 ford skyliner and his car out the other night cruising to the beach to the car show. It was fun. They have been driving it around town to their friends etc. He is going to fix it up and when we visit Dad can drive it there. Nice seeing your kids respect something special. Well on the food front its been tough few too many goodies. We visited the Fly by night cookie factory at camp. Always a dieters no no. Pms cookies and all. Oh so tasty but naughty. Our weather has been great. We did return from camp early as the mosiqutos were eating us all up at night couldn't even sit by the fire long. Even with stuff on etc. But we swam, kayaked, walked a bit and enjoyed each others company. Well on thurs. its back to work and the MAUI folks leave on tues. seems to soon. We are going to the Adirondacks on sunday to spend the day. Sight seeing and shopping etc. oh of course dinner there. It is only about 1 and half hrs. away from us. Talk to you all soon. Marie is Alli that wt. loss stuff in a white and blue container. I saw it I think at the drug store. Is that the stuff Oprha is backing ? I also was thinking of trying it. Though the slim fast shakes were helpful for mornings during the work week. 10 proteins to start my day.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #143  
Lifelong Journey Member

Carol, definitely don't try Alli. I don't know if Oprah is backing it but it screwed up my digestive system so badly I could never rcommend it. I flushed all 146 capsules down the toilet (there were 150 but I'd used 4. The bottle was white with ALLI in four different colors on the label.

I'm glad you had a good week. Your "street cruise" sounds like fun. Every once in a while I like riding in my DH's 1948 Diamond T truck. But it hurts my back so I don't very often.

We took the doggies up to Hamaker Mountain and hiked this morning. We expanded on of the trails by taking a side path up a steep incline. My lungs felt that turn pretty quickly. But it was nice.

Then I had strawberry french toast with whipped cream for breakfast. Oh well, I undid the good of the exercise. But it sure was tasty!
Marie
Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #144  

Hi, chickies! I'm doing this one my Blackberry, so it will be short. I have been working out and walking a lot, but also eating heartily, so we'll see what the scale says Monday morning. I fly home on Sunday. It may be more tedious than usual, due to heightened security at the airports.. I had a lovely brunch with an old friend today. Shrimp and grits! I'd better head to the fitness center!

Judy
Old 07-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #145  

Welllll....I'm stuck in Atlanta for an extra day. My 'good' knee went ballistic Saturday night, swelling and hurting so bad I couldn't sleep and could barely hobble aound. So I went to the ER early this morning instead of to the airport. I was a bit panicked because this happened years ago with my other knee, pre-surgeries, and it puffed out overnight like a Polish sauage, and had to be drained. One of my all-time most miserable experiences. Anyway, I will be mobile enough Monday morning to head back home.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend!

Judy
Old 07-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #146  

Judy- My gosh I hope that knee feels better soon. Are you keeping it elevated?

Carol- I heard Alli does nasty things to your tummy. Personally I would not try it. Seems to good to be true.

Marie, Penny hope you ladies are well

I had a good OP weekend. I'm hoping to see some loss this week even thouh OI likely wont meet my July 4 goal. I always set them to high. I think from now on I will just go with the flow and not set such high goals.

Nikki
Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #147  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Girls its the end of my fun with my kids they fly out in the morning on tues. We had a good time together. Today I plan on taking them to shop for the baby I would like to purchase something they can take back on tues. at least a little something. My son is going to build some of the babies furniture and a trunk for toys treasure chest style. So I am helping them with the funds for that. Just want to help with something they'll not out grow to quickly. Wow our time went fast together. Heard from the wedding couple and they are loving Mexico with lots to do they will be back on thurs. So starting tues will be my jumping back on board with my scale and behaving better the last couple of weeks I have been relaxed in that dept. My best friend has asked me to be her buddy with eating healthier and exercising. She is going on vac. this week so will start that together next week. But for me my log and journal will begin on tues. Marie we must of been on a little break together. I ate some lovely texas french toast at a Pancake House yesterday but then tucked in a little exercise so it kind of balanced a bit. At least one will hope it did but things have been eaten lately that now I can say I had it and can live without it again no big deal. Being healthy is important and I need to jump back in full force on tues and make some healthy changes in my lifestyle again. No more big events coming up or excuses for me. Costcos oh how I wish it were here we have BJ'S AND Sam's but its not the same, similar.. Guess that Alii stuff is not so good pooh hooh on the stores and people pushing it. I just saw it the other day and Ophar had some teas she is pushing I almost ordered it then thought forget it I can buy tea and add in fresh orange or lemon myself and save a lot of cash. I am working on paying off some of the extra expenses from the wedding over the next few months so am tightening down the hatches a bit around here. I did garage sale on saturday and redecorated a bathroom with newer rugs, table cloth from pottery barn, new scatter rug for my bedroom and vase for all under 20.00. I am going to setup a sale at my house in a few weeks so starting to sort through stuff this week. Marie glad your hair is better now this may sound nuts but go buy some mayo and put it on your hair when it is dry wrap it in saran wrap for about an hr. wash it two times it will put the moisture back into your hair. Coloring two times so close together does bad things and this will help if you can sit out side and let the sun warm it into your hair like a hair dryer old trick reasonable and works great. If you do it let me know what you think I have done it several times over the years when having big issues with dryness or over processing. Nikki you remain doing well and sometimes setting goals to high is tough. Having a reasonable goal you can reach makes a difference not too low but not so high either good luck. I am making one too. Judy your just a traveling lady good for you exercising at the hotels. I can tell you all that I haven't been doing my PT exercises and I feel the difference. Though I have been dancing, walking and gardening today I will add in those exercises cuse I hurt this a.m. The kids got my hubby onto the chair lift at the mountain yesterday and he wasn't going to. They just know how to get him motivated and he doesn't want to say no to them. Too bad they are so far away. We will both truly miss them. But in November will have a new grand baby and will visit them in Feb. or March for a couple of weeks at least. Penny sounds like you are doing well keep it up never did curves but glad that its something you can get to and do. I am going to start at the gym this week to the site is being remodeled so I have to go to one by my work.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #148  

Carol- I am glad you had fun with the kids. Making a contribution to something that the baby won't outgrow is a great idea.

I just got my pool open so I am hoping with the swimming my loss picks up.

Nikki
Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #149  
Lifelong Journey Member

Nikki, good luck with the swimming. I found that adding the swimming in the evening to make me more energetic every night. Usually by 7 I'm wilting. The swimming changed that. I get up so early to exercise, that I go to be by 9. The swimming has made me have a few more productive hours. So I don't know if helped in the weight mgmt but it's sure been nice for getting things done.

Carol, I'm sorry your kids will be leaving. How exciting though next spring you'll be able to visit a new grandbaby.

I'm having a boring day. Doing the end of the year rollover for the student info systems. Very tedious, detailed oriented but boring none the less. I knew when I scheduled it that it would be a boring day. My reward - a swim when I get home.

Judy, I hope your knee recovers quickly. Don't we just love how our body acts up now that we're getting older? There are days I just feel old. I hope your knee isn't serious.

Well, back to the tedious stuff. Talk to you later.
Marie
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #150  

Carol, what a week you have had! I know you're sad to say goodbye to the Hawai'i kids, but before you know it the honeymooners will be back with their vacation photos.

Marie, it's great that your swimming schedule has the added benefit of perking up your evenings. I am beginning to like when I can do cardio after work, but I have to make sure I get home from work before 8PM, or I end up eating dinner and going to bed too late.

Nikki, good for you, having a gold star weekend. I bet that shaking up your routine with swimming will help reach your next goal.

Penny, I hope you enjoyed your weekend, toasting your boobs with margaritas!

I got an early flight home today. I didn't go into the office, and have been puttering around at home all day. My knee is a little tight, but if I hold off on long walks and working out for a few more days, I should be fine. Maybe it was the elliptical traininer at the hotel--some of them bug my knees, others are no problem. One of the reasons I got serious again about weight loss a few years ago was knowing that my "good" knee will need surgery at some point, and it would be nice to be considerably smaller before I'm on crutches again.

I ate weirdly yesterday. The pain meds made me sleep more than anything else, so I ate protein bars, an apple and all my remaining snacks, but never had a meal per se. Now that I'm home, I don't have much in the way of fresh produce, just freezer and pantry food. I'm looking forward to grocery shopping and breaking out the pots and pans!

judy