Anything that won't eat me first! 2 15.38%
I am NEVER tempted! 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #76  
Goddess

Default Sunday Morning

A quickie before heading to church!

Thin--I think a lot of good wark has been done on the board this week--I know decision time is critical. It often helps me to think past the decision I ama about to make about food. In other words, "If I eat this, then what?" This can help you get out of the "what I want now" and into thinking about long range goals. When I make myself do it, it helps me make better decisions regarding eating!

Heart--WTG!!!! Stay with it, making good decisions is its own reward!!!!

Talitha--WELCOME HOME! It is good to hear from you again--it sounds like you have been busy while away! I can't believe that Selah is 2 1/2 now! You know what "support r us!!!!!!"

Missy--Good to hear from you too! I bet those boys are keeping you busy. How old are they?

Gator--let us know how you like the tenpurpedic. I've been eyeing those myself!

Monet--Sorry about your hard drive--that's the pits. I've had that happen before and it stinks!!!!!

BOB--What are we going to do with your girl? Tell Tippy that he needs to be taking better care of you!

Got to get ready for church. Let's all make good decisions today!

Susan
Old 06-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #77  

Flying by...so far so good today. I had a handful of macadamia nuts and a cucumber for an early breakfast, then a cup of espresso. I need more food, but it just hit me that I was hungry. I need to do replies, but my stomach is being insistent!

A few comments:

HEART: Way to go! I KNEW you could do it! You are one incredible woman, and don't forget that!

THIN: I hear ya... Fillise is right...we have to decide if we want to reach goals and have instant gratification that will turn into some degree of self loathing later. With Talitha back, we need to plan a Georgia get together. (she used to live in Marietta and says she has moved to Midtown...) I bet we could talk Fillise into coming over for it...

BOB: Oh, dear! I am SO sorry you are hurt again. I am praying for a speedy recovery.

PANCHO: When do you leave?

TONI: <<hugs>> I know how hard it is to make the decisions you are facing on a beloved pet.

FILLISE: I love the idea of that washer and dryer...will have to check into it. So when are you coming to visit? Bring a cooler...you are going to want to stock up when you are here!

Ok, I really meant to just fly by, but didn't! I will check in later!
Old 06-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #78  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--Get thee to a chiropractor.

Monet--My condolences on the loss of your stuff on your 'puter. That's the pits. Hopefully you can recover. Maybe a "super-guru" can if you take your old computer to him. Then he can put it on disk and you can put it back. I've read that a "super-geek can even tell what you used to have on your hard drive after you've erased it.

Heart--congrats again, girl. Keep up the good work.

Fillise and Thin--Amen. The challenge between what do I want to eat RIGHT NOW, vs. what do I choose to eat now that will help me in the long run, is a biggie, and crucial to our achieving success.

Fillise--I'll let you know about the TemperPedic. It will take about a month to get it. We got the power frame also that will make the bed adjustable. I talked them into throwing in a couple of free memory foam pillows, and I slept like a baby last night on mine. My DH still tossed and turned and is looking forward to the new bed. Actually, I think his problem is just age and mental!!! LOL

Got lots of yard work done yesterday. Our yard man let our yard go to pot the month we were gone and there were lots of weeds greeting us when we got home. He spiffed the place up last week, but yesterday, we perfected the front yard and planted 90 dwarf pentas in an area by our front side walk where the old plants had basically bit the dust. Boy was I aching when we finished all the work. When we went back to buy the bed I sat in their massage chair for about 30 minutes, and it helped a lot.

DH went to hit golf balls this afternoon, so I will do some cross stitch. I'm about 20 hours away from finishing an afghan I started about 25 years ago. It has 30 squares of cross stitched wild flowers, very detailed and intricate, and I have added a Bible verse that goes across the top of each square--about considering the lilies of the field and that even King Solomon with his beautiful and rich robes is not as spendid as one of those (flowers).

Taught Sunday School this morning for 3rd and 4th graders. It's been years since I've done that, and am finding it actually quite fun. Years ago I used to train S. School teachers, and now I'm having to put back into practice those principles that I myself taught to others. Fun!

Fruit--Hope you are having great fun this weekend. See how much energy you can expend with children. And how important you health is when you have that responsibility. You go, girl!! We are all happy for you. My DH and I are coming to NO and coming up to Red Stick for the UF game vs. the Tigers.

Well, guess I should go and do the laundry which is in a big pile. Hi to Jackie, Pancho, Talitha, and all you other wonderful SB friends. Country, where are you? BOB, what's the latest on Debbie. Is she still living in Miami?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #79  
Goddess

Default More Sunday

Hello again!

Gator--Sometimes I find myself grumbling about teaching SS, but then I get there and just fall in love with the kids all over again! I have the 3 & 4 year olds. This morning we took a brown paper bag ( folded down to about 1/4 of its height) and covered it in masking tape to make a basket for the baby Moses. We Put a doll in the basket and they took turns "floating" him down the river and finding him. They are just too cute!

Monet--I'd love to come get together with the Altanta gals. A Saturday afternoon would be great (but I'll be in NC/NYC from July 9-20). The Washer/Dryer combo is small--I don't think it would work for more than 2 people. It's fine for me, but if I had a family it woould be way too small. I have a feeling your crew goes through the laundry!

Ok off surf--have a great day everyone!

Susan
Old 06-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. I am super-stuffed. I just ate 3 meals worth at one sitting, plus more starches than I can count. But...it was all legal. Let me backtrack. I got up this morning and the fluid pound was gone, but that's it. I was expecting something for doing good, like a reward! No reward. So I was a little bummed about that. And then I was running late for church this morning and didn't have time to eat anything at all. So my stomach was growling all thru church. So by the time I got home, I was starving and ate 2 cups NSA ice cream before I knew it. Then I cooked hamburgers and ate 2 BIG fully-loaded(bread, mayo, cheese, and all)cheeseburgers AND 14 triscuits with french onion dip. OMG- I feel like I could pop! I know that has to be at least 2000 calories in 1 meal, and wayyy too many starches and fat. Doesn't help that I'm not exercising today either. I wonder if I can make it thru the rest of the day without eating? It's not like I'm going to starve,lol. I imagine it will take a few hours just for my stomach to empty. I'm going to try and skip supper and maybe(a huge maybe with fingers crossed) I won't show a gain tomorrow. Well, at least I accomplished one thing....I MADE IT THRU THE WEEKEND WITHOUT ANY ILLEGAL FOODS AND NO JUNK FOOD BINGEING! So next weekend's goal will be the same plus watching portions. I think I can do this. Baby steps. One goal at a time. CTS- This evening I'm going to a wake/visitation for a little boy from our church. So sad. He was around 11 and died from a brain tumor that was diagnosed last year. Robby is going with me since he is friends with the boy's Dad. I can only begin to imagine their pain and heartache. I told Robby to think about his worse moment with Boogie(on the brink of losing him)and magnify that 100 times and that's the only way you can understand what they are going thru. I cry just thinking about what they must be enduring. The service at church was wonderful, but emotional. The preacher just broke down and cried. He said he asked the Lord, Friday evening(the day Josh passed away)to take as much of the parents pain as he could, to give it to him. He said he's had it rough since, and that Henry(the boy's Dad) made a comment "I know I shouldn't be feeling this, but I feel at peace." Kinda eerie. I've tried to ask myself what would I do if one of my kids was to die before me and I just feel like I would be a total nut, I just don't know how I would react. It's something you can't say for sure unless you actually go thru it. Just a couple of months ago, Henry confided in Robby that if his boy died, he would feel let down by God and it would test his faith. And I can totally understand that. And now that it has come to pass, it's odd that he has found peace. Only one thing I can sum that up with..GOD. Okay, that's enough talk about that, hope no one reports me for talking about God and so forth. I've rambled on long enough...check in tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #81  

Good day everyone. Just got done making breakfast burritos for DH breakfast this week. He takes them to work and has one a day. They're ham and egg this time, so that will make him a happy man. Thanks so much for the nice comments about having to deal with a very sick pet. We're going to barbeque chicken later on for dinner. Not sure what else we'll be having. But for now we're having a nice Sunday....
Old 06-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Toni- How do you go about making those? Robby always spends too much on bf while working. I take it you freeze them, whole??
Old 06-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #83  

They're really easy. Can be frozen or left in the fridge. Just fry up some breakfast meat. Ham, bacon, or sausage. Scramble a dozen eggs in with the cooked meat. Steve likes a little onion in them sometimes cooked in with the meat and eggs. Heat flour or ww large tortilla's a couple at a time in the microwave for 25 seconds. Put scrambled eggs, a handful or two of cheese down the middle of the shell and roll up putting bottom up. Wrap in plastic wrap. You could put salsa or hot sauce in them too. Then heat up in the microwave.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #84  
Goddess

Heart--I don't know that I would skip dinner tonight. Can you make a big salad? I think you should try to have something otherwise you could get like you were when you skipped beakfast this morning! I'm sorry to hear about your friend's son. Soemtimes when you've seen someone you love suffer, then you can have peace knowing your loved one is free from pain and fear. Your friend will have tough times ahead, I'm sure, but maybe the peace your friend is feeling now is God's way of letting him know that the little boy is safe with Him.

Toni--That breakfast burrito sounds good. I might have to keep some of those in my freezer for the days when I have to grab breakfast on the go.

Susan
Old 06-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #85  

Hi all. Im sorry I dont have time to post comments again. I need to go back to work to get some rest ! LOL. Been a hectic vacation. Alot of time at my folks. I was there most of today then Mom called just a bit ago and says dad is really bad this evening and she hopes he wont have to head to the emergency ward. I think he is finally going to except some help from hospice a few hours a day. My moms about wore out trying to take care of him and do her normal household chores and then try to get to the grocery and not wanting to leave him home so shes been taking him with her and that wears her out even more just helping him to get ready to go and gettting him in and out of the car. I went over today and cleaned her house hoping that will let her relax a little. So I got lots of extra exercise in cleaning two houses today.

Monet- Judy over on the LCC was asking for some advice on fasting and I mentioned that you might be able to help since you fasted not too long ago.

Hi to everyone else. Please accept my apologies for not being able to respond to everyone lately. I am trying to keep up on reading the daily posts and I wish and pray for the best for everyone.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #86  

I have a couple of questions for you... Are the low carb tortillas legal on SB? they say they have 7 gms of fiber in them and no sugar. Also are the cream soups Ok for casseroles, etc. as long as there is no added sugar? Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement and insight. I'm going to try to think long and hard about my goals and it may be that, like Heart, I need to decide to make one change at a time and know that I am making slow but sure progress!
Closed Thread