Sweets 4 30.77%
Starches 7 53.85%
Anything that won't eat me first! 2 15.38%
I am NEVER tempted! 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:58 PM   #16  
Little Engine That Could

Jred--Good luck on your move. When you get to Ga. I'm sure you will love it. Ga. folks are just sweet as pie! I must say, ahem, as a loyal FLORIDA Gator fan, that a favorite joke of ours is "What the only thing wrong with Atlanta?" Ans: It's surrounded by Georgia. Gators always laugh at that when we are thinking about our arch rival, the Ga. bulldogs, from Athens.

I had a really good day. Steps: 15100.
Breakfast: homemade meusli with raw oats, 1/4 cup sk. milk, about 1 cup mixed fresh fruits.
Lunch: 1/2 cup black beans, onions and salsa, 1 slice SGWW toast with 1 oz. melted swiss cheese. 1 apple
Snack, 1 cherry, 6 almonds
Dinner: 4 1/4 oz. brined and grilled skinless chicken breast (a keeper of a recipe, first time I tried it), roasted eggplant, pattypan squash,and red bell pepper.
caramelized fennel and 1 small lettuce salad with lo cal dressing.
12 cherries.
Lots of herbal iced tea.

My cleaning lady didn't show up today, but she called and told me she was having trouble at her house and would come Wed. I certainly hope so as it has been 2 weeks since she's been here. I was so frustrated for a little while that I thought about going and eating something. But--I pulled myself together and just did some chores. We have just come in from weeding my DH's rose garden. In the month we were gone, the weeds got waist high and it looked terrible. Now it looks great, except for the black spot on some of the leaves. That seems to happen so easily in Fl. in the summer. And in the summer the rose blooms are quite a bit smaller than usual because of the heat.

Well, guess I'd better go and clean up the kitchen.

My DD's bf called. He has been sleeping over here and he spent the night over at her place last night. They told us that the new kitten they got was sick so he had to stay there because of that. Yeah. Right. They must think we are stupid or something. Oh well.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #17  

Checking in tonight... Dinner turned out exceptionally yummy! I made brown basmati rice with chicken in the broth from cooking chicken breasts for salad. Of course, the pressure cooker does a fab job of it, and it was unbelievably flavorful and good. I made a lot, and they ate every bite of it! We also had sauteed Nappa cabbage. I drank 100% NSA cranberry juice.

I went to the Asian market I love with my friend after lunch today. She has started feeding her dogs raw food, and was looking for a cheap source for meat. We found bluefish, whole, uncleaned for 99 cents a pound. It was amazingly fresh too. She also got some pork livers, and other frozen fish. The pups are going to love it! I got a few veggies, and they had blackberries 2 half pints for a dollar! I got six of them and will fix a ww blackberry pie tomorrow morning. I would tonight, but the kids got a frozen blueberry pie and just stuck it in the oven!

I am terribly sore and achy all over. I hope it doesn't take long to get over it. I never got the chance to lounge by the pool today. I went to the store this morning, then got home and had lunch with my friend, then we ran out to the market, and home just in time for me to start dinner, and Tom's lunch and smoothies. He and Laura took my car down to the shop to have an oil leak checked into. I will be car-less tomorrow.

Not much else going on around here. I would do replies, but I am kind of tired and the yawns make it hard to see the screen! I did order a new harddrive tonight, so it will be here in a few days. Instead of 20gigs, it wil be 80gigs! I have NO idea what I will do with all that space!

Sweet dreams, everyone!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies.

Finally, a whole day of work. Dr appt went well, I guess. They didn't have my blood work results by the time I saw the Dr. That is the main thing. So if there is anything wrong they will call me. Hopefully. Forgot to ask one of the main questions I had. I had forgotten to write it down and got out of there w/o asking. Oh well, guess it can wait anothe 4 months.

I came home early from the ball park and got my wts done. Also my DD brought this machine home that is called a bun roller. You lay your back on it and roll back and forth on the floor. Supposed to work your thighs and butt. My main problem areas. So I tried it out for awhile. Not really sore today so guess I didn't do it right or not enough. Suppose to drop 2 pants sizes in 10 days by using it 5 minutes a day. We will see.

Going to lunch with a friend today. Salad somewhere.

BF was 1/2 bacon sandwich. strawberries, coffee (decaf)
Lunch: salad
dinner: some chineese stuff my DD bought over basmatti rice. Ingredients looked legal.

Didn't get much dinner last night. We ran in the door and the kids had made chili dogs. so I ate 1 (no bread) and 1/4 cup or less of ww mac & cheese. Ate some strawberries later.

Got to get some work done. Be back later.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #19  

Its been a busy day so far for me! I made breakfast for the girls and I, but they hardly ate any of it. I don't have a car, as mine is in the shop. The mechanic just called and said it needed another $150 of work, bringing the total up to $500. I told him to call Tom. I am beginning to not trust them. Every time I take it in, there is another $400 or more worth of work they want to do on it. Rubbish! I have put more into it in the last six months than I think necessary. Its hard to find a trustworthy mechanic these days.

I had a luncheon meeting with two women from church. Starting Thursday, we are doing an arts and literature summer program for the kids. Its basically art lessons based on the art work of award winning books. One of the ladies and I will be teaching weeks 1, 3 and 5. Two other ladies are teaching weeks 2, 4 and 6. My assistant and the director of kids ministries were who I had lunch with. My assistant is an incredible artist, but wants me to do the teaching since I have my degree in art education. It ought to be lots of fun. We had lunch at a noodle cafe, and I got Vietnamese spring rolls and chicken satay. Not totally legal but the best choices on the menu.

Menu so far today: Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with gouda cheese, ww English muffin, espresso with cream Lunch: two spring rolls, four small sticks of chicken satay with peanut sauce, mango flavored green tea, Pepsi One (with splenda), snack- green banana.

I will try and get by later! Right now, I am going to go enjoy my belated Mother's Day present! Its a large 3 person swing with a shade canopy over it! The girls put it together last night on the deck as a surprise for me!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #20  

Good afternoon. Just got done with some chores around here. Its so hot out I don't dare stick my head out. So I'm staying inside with the nice cool air. breakfast- breakfast bar Lunch- tuna sand. Dinner- not sure. You see my menu is crappy and I'm not getting enough vegetables in. So I'll be sure and have a salad tonight.

Jack-K- No we don't have a Kroger's here. I live in a small town with the population of 600 people. I'm really back in the sticks. I even had to order my dreamfields pasta on line. Its so flusterateing trying to get the good products out there. Every other week I go to a bigger town about an hour away but they only have a super Wal Mart. The woes of living in the country!

Heartmom- Please don't leave. I'm having the same problem right now. Just keep coming and it really helps a bit. And then one day it will click in.

Pancho- doesn't that make you crazy when you lose your post.....

Cindy- Oh my gosh I didn't know there were cookies out there too. Dang I wish I could find a place on line that sells the stuff....

Gatorgal- Can I come eat at your house... Your menu sounds wonderful...

Monet- Sorry about your car. Hope your mechanic is being honest. We've got wild blackberries growing down the sides of our road. I hope I'm the first to pick them this year.

hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a good day.....
Old 06-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #21  

Hello ladies--

It is starting to get hot outside so I thought I would come in for a few minutes. This is the second nice day we have had, but they are calling for rain tomorrow. No wonder my poor garden is just setting there. It never gets any heat. They are saying that our weather is supposed to be wetter than normal until August. Don't like the sounds of that. I can't believe that June is almost over and that we have only had a few nice days. Memorial Weekend was gorgeous, and it has been cold and rainy ever since, until yesterday. I replanted my squash on Sunday........hope I will get something to grow.

Menu--

B-- 3 turkey bacon, 1/2 c Fiber One, 1/4 c ff milk, 1 splenda, 4 oz strawberries, Lite 85.

snack-- 15 cherries

L-- Grilled chicken breast ww wrap, coleslaw.

snack-- apple

D--Grilled chicken breast, salad with lite bleu cheese dressing, coleslaw........

dessert-- 1/2 c sf pudding.

Not too enthused about menu today.....just trying to eat all the leftovers in the fridge. Dh will even get leftovers for dinner when he gets home. Poor guy!!

Monet-- Enjoy your new swing......I am thinking of getting one, but will wait until after our remodel. I am hopping to have a new deck out back when we redo our home. It is just too hot our front on that deck. (Most summers anyway.)

Toni-- I sure wish those sf twists were as good as the original ones......I loved those. These did the job in a pinch, but.....left a lot to be desired. I found some SF Fudgies at the dollar store yesterday when I was there. I picked up a bag of those and a bag of strawberry creme chewy's. Will let you know......

Cindy-- Enjoy your vacation.......you sure deserve one. You have been putting in a lot of hours. Congrats on the 6 pound loss......you are doing great!! Sorry to hear of your Dad's decline.

Gator-- I love my walks. I am walking everyday, and twice a day of M, W, F. My cleaning lady hasn't shown up for a couple of days either..........(I have been too busy working in the yard trying to get the beds done while we have some decent weather.)
Way to go on getting that vacation weight gone, wish mine would disappear!!

Nat-- Sorry you lost your post.......it has happened to me too, and it sucks!!

Jackie-- I am very glad that your check up was a good one. I know the worry that you must have before each one. Hope it is a clean bill of health when the blood test results are in.

Well, I am heading back out to finish my beds, it will be too hot soon as they are calling for a high of 92 today. See you soon........
Old 06-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #22  

I'm not going to attempt posts again today, since my lunch s/b ready any minute.

I took Lane to her little class this morning, and then she and I went to Trader Joes. Britt went to a Vacation Bible class with a friend and then went to her house to play. I think Lane needed a break from Britt; she was in a great mood and enjoyed some alone time with me, without any competition. I am sure Britt is glad to be away from us for a few hours too. Too much togetherness is not always a good thing. We went to a different Trader Joes, and they didn't have the little kid carts, so Lane was upset and started to throw a tantrum. I told her she could sit in the cart while I shopped or walk with me and "help" me shop, if she stopped crying. She stopped crying and was happy to be my little helper. This Trader Joes had the 73% dark chocolate that the other one has been out of for so long, so I bought 5 bars of it.

When Lane was in her class, I went to the indoor track and walked/ran for 45-60 minutes. I did take my pedometer and logged about 5500 steps. I had over 8,000 when we got home, and I didn't even put it on until I got to the track today; I had been up for three hours by then. I probably would have gotten close to 15,000 steps today. I am going to go do an upper body workout here in a little bit; I am hopine Lane will fall asleep on the couch. She won't take naps now during the day since she no longer has her pacifier.

I talked to the gastro office today and they are going to get me in next Tuesday. I am sure I am not going to be feeling better by the time we leave next Thursday, but at least he can get the ball rolling on whatever he thinks needs to be done. They can only get me in at 12:30, and I don't want to take the kids with me. My DH is going to meet me somewhere and take them to lunch. He is so busy at work, and we are leaving next Thursday; I hate to ask him to do that, but I really need to go to this appt. by myself. I then have a dermatologist appt. Wed. at 7 a.m. I have to have a skin check. I am supposed to go in every 3 months now, and haven't been in in a year. I don't have any moles that look too bad, but since they took that one off last year that turned out to be atypical, they want to keep a closer eye on me. Notice the older you get, the more time you spend at dr's offices .

Eating has been fair; I have not been eating as much fruits/veggies as I should because I figure it will just aggravate my problem. I hope to be back to "normal" again soon.

Monet: I had a question for you regarding your cheese sticks. Are they supposed to turn out kinda like breadsticks? I am tyring to picture what they look/taste like. It sounds like something the kids might like.

Well, I gotta go eat.

Have a great OP day!
Nat
Old 06-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #23  
Little Engine That Could

Pancho--I suspect it is a good idea to go to your doctor's alone. With kids along it would be difficult. Here's hoping he finds just the ticket for you and things get better.

Heart--Don't go. Use the board and stick to it.

Jackie--You sound like you have such a busy life. Are you taking any vacation this summer?

Monet--I think we are alike--I majored in art ed. too. Your program sounds like fun.

Toni--thanks for the compliment. After our trip to France where everything tasted so fresh and "clean" with fresh veggies giving so much flavor to the meal, I have been inspired to cook the same way. It is a challenge to keep the oil low, because over there the cook we had used a lot of olive oil on almost everything. It was delicious, but caloric.

I got locked out of my car today. Stupid me. I tossed my purse and keys into the car and instead of unlocking the other door with the unlock button, I pushed "lock" instead, and then closed the door. I had to wait 40 min for my DH to come with the other key.

Food today:
Breakfast--cooked oatmeal with dried cherries, sk. milk, 1 soft boiled egg.
The company that I used to buy my oats from has changed their processing. They used to have oats that were just a little thicker than the Quaker old fashioned oats and when you cooked them they still had some body and even chewiness to them. They did not turn to paste like most oats do. Now that company has rolled their oats a little thinner and they are just like Quakers. I experimented with them by putting in less water and just cooking them until the water boiled. But they were still glue-like. Anyone know of some good oats? The brand I was using was Arrowhead Mills.
Lunch: tomato/avocado/lettuce sandwich on SGWW bread with lo cal mayo. 2 oz. grilled chicken left over from last night and 20 fresh cherries.
Dinner will be fish, baked in paper with onion, garlic, etc, with, ahem, grated potato pancake and baby zucchini cooked with tomatoes. The potato is actually that new, lower carb potato which I have been using occasionally. It is quite good and tasty. Even with the potato I am within my caloric limit.

Helpful hints on pedometer wearing: Put your pedometer on first thing in the morning. When you get dressed. If you have a loose or elastic waistband, hook your pedo onto your underpants. I suggest using a "guard" so if your pedo falls off you won't lose it. I made one by hooking a rubber band around one of the hookon clips and pinning the rubber band to my garment.
If you take at least one good walk each day, and then try to get extra steps in during the day, you can EASILY reach 10000 steps. I try to part a little farther out in the parking lot when I go to the grocery store. It's neat, because when it is crowded, I don't get my panties in a wad if there is not a parking place up close. I just look for one far out. Try to stay busy during the day, and walk around a little more if you can. You'll be amazed at how much we women walk, IF you put that pedo on in the morning and not just wear it when you go on an "official" walk.

Gotta go. Laundry is out of the machine and I need to fold clothes.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #24  
Bustin' Buddy

Hello everyone!

Long time no see! I was just popping in to let you all know that I'm still alive. We have 2 foster kids right now - 2 boys - brothers that are 2 & 4! So, I've got my hands full over here! I promise to pop in and say hi tomorrow and catch up. The good news is that I've lost 11 pounds since I got them!! I'm not even trying to lose - go figure! So, I'll be back in the AM to catch up!!!

Love ya
Missy
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 PM   #25  

Good evening everyone! Dinner tonight turned out so so. I made a stuffed steak and tried cooking it in the pressure cooker. It got some what tender, but the stuffing I made just did not please me. I used spinach in it. Back to the drawing board! (or should that be cutting board? )

I am rather tired and achy still and have not really had much time to chill. I need to get back to my walks, but while I am so achy I am afraid to. I really should just bite the bullet and go...

I am tickled tonight to report that I got about ten cherry tomatoes out of the garden! I also got about six nice cucumbers, and a handful of green beans. My squash plants seem to be petering out. They were never very vigorous. Tom claims they were not planted well. Grrr.. *I* planted them while he was messing with plumbing! I am so proud of myself...I refrained from bopping him.

PANCHO: I don't blame you for wanting to go to that doctor appointment alone! The cheese straws turn out the consistency of a butter cookie...a bit crisp, but tender. I have not rolled them out in years, and can't remember how they are that way, I use a cookie press. I do know that I have NEVER had any left when I have made them for weddings!

GATOR: Oh, man! I can't believe you got your degree in art ed! What is your major area of concentration? Mine was pottery, which I also got a straight studio degree in. I stayed the extra year for the education degree. My minor was art history... Its kind of weird how much we have in common!

FRUIT: Gosh it is great to see you post! I have been thinking about you! I guess you are so busy with the kids you just don't have time to eat! I will look forward to reading a nice long catch up post from you tomorrow!

TEENSY: Hmm, I wanted to go out and sit on the swing, but then it started raining. The canopy over it was not very water resistant, and now the cushion is all wet! I hope it dries out quickly! I think I would recommend a wooden one with out the squishy cushions!

TONI: My husband felt like the mechanic was being truthful....I guess he ought to know what he is talking about! Its an old car, he says, and it needs stuff done to it! Good luck on getting the blackberries! I have gone picking with my mother in law, and boy its hard work!

HEART: The purpose of the board is to help support each other and get through hard times, and encourage one another. Just because you mess up now and again doesn't mean you should not post. In fact, that is when you SHOULD post. Having to come and confess slip ups helps me stay on track. And its ok if you want to vent about other things. We all understand...its part of learning the ins and outs of losing since our emotions play in to our failures and successes big time. <<hugs>>

JACK: Can you call the doctor's office and ask your question? I need to get out and walk...I am feeling so lazy, then I read what all you are doing and I feel ashamed!

I think I will go find something to read for a while. Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, I wasn't going to post so soon, but I read Missy's post and it made me so happy for her! Missy, that is wonderful news! We want to see pics of the boys. Try not to spoil them too badly, or have you already accomplished that?

Well, I'm thinking a "little" more clearer than yesterday. I didn't have a 100% OP day, but compared to what it's been, I did okay. Yesterday, I had a pity party and ate like crazy. Today, I got over it and came to some senses. I didn't sleep well at all last night, in fact, it was about 4 or later before I got to sleep! I kept worrying about Boogie starting school this year. Stupid to start worrying now, but it kept me up, so I didn't go to sleep until this morning and slept to 10 am. So, I wasn't hungry when I woke up, I skipped bf and ate a filling lunch. I had my famous HUGE salad made with veggies, can tuna, 1 egg, a little cheese, and Ranch dressing. I just got thru with supper about 30 or 40 minutes ago. It wasn't totally legal, although planned. I made Ranch chicken(with mushrooms, cheese), zuchinni with parmesean, and RICE, it was instant garlic rice. I ate seconds on everything but the rice. I was ravenous after my workout this evening. Right now, I'm looking online for some zucchini recipes. I found a couple that look really good. I think I will make one this weekend. You use hamburger meat, tomato sauce, rotel, bell pepper, cheese, etc..all legal. If it turns out good, I'll post it. Well, I need to go. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:01 AM   #27  

Default Wiw!

Today is WIW! I hope the scale is kind to everyone! I was up 2.5, but I know its water, as my rings are tight and my joints are so achy. I meant to take a diuretic yesterday, but forgot.

Another busy day ahead! I have to go shop for supplies for the program tomorrow, but thankfully, I have my car back!

I have not had my coffee yet, and I am about ready to chew on the desk here...I better go eat breakfast and then come back!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW. Hope the scale is good to everyone today.

Mine is still messed up. I was everywhere from 168 to 173 this morning. I think I saw 171 about 3 times so I am using it. I even put a new battery in it today.

Diiner last night was great. We have a package of Chinese stir fry, I added some diced chicken, made some basmati rice. It was really good. Everyone liked it and that is very unusual.

Got some exercise in last night. Got my treadmill in this morning.

Teensy, it is supposed to be 93 here this weekend too. But I love every minute of it. I would hate having a bunch of rain. I wish it would only rain during the nights.

Nat, we leave next week on Friday morning. Hope your Dr visit turns up some helpful stuff. I agree, seems like I'm in some doctors office each week.

Gator, we leave next Friday for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We are taking the girls as their graduation present. As soon as we get back from vacation, I going to get going with the pedometer again. Bummer about locking your keys in the car. I hate waiting for someone to come unlock it. Seems like it always happens when you are in a hurry too.

Fruit, about time you got on here. I know you and Terry are having a great time with the boys. 11 pounds is awesome. I guess they are keeping you running. Come back please.

Toni, I will be glad to buy some of the south beach cookies and crackers and mail them to you. Just PM me with your address and what you want.

Monet, hope you are feeling better. Maybe some laps in the pool would help instead of walking.

Heart, glad you are feeling better and back on track. Now stay on here and it will help you. Maybe try setting a challenge for yourself and then a small reward if you make it.

BF; Cereal bar, strawberries,
Lunch, tuna, SB crackers, apple
Dinner: Chicken parmagain (sp), salad, veggies

Got some filing I have put off that needs to be done before I leave on vacation so I guess I will drag myself to do it today.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #29  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay, guys...I only have a minute to post as I have to go get ready to pick up DD from school. I can't stand these half days...I wish they would just get everything they need to get done finished in one-two days so we can have our days in tact .

I just had to tell you that I'm having my deluxe oatmeal for breakfast. Which includes oatmeal, Splenda, milk, a handful of walnuts and some frozen blueberries. Oh my gosh, it's sooo good!! It's like...Monet made it or something!! I'm on my second bowlful because I made some for DH and he had to run off to work, so I'm having his...can't let it go to waste, now can we...

Okay...I'll do replies later...WIW finds me up a pound to 159, but still under 160..which makes me happy!!

C-yas later on!!

Kris
Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #30  

Hey fellow sugar buster's---

Not much doing today. We have cooled down here. Two nice days was all we are going to get I guess. I did get two full rows hoed in the garden, I also did two yesterday, but had to quit, cause it was too hot.

WIW had me down 1, I think.........I got four different weights so I left it alone for about ten minutes then went back. That is not much for as much exercise as I got in last week..........I am still walking in the evenings too. Only got in 1 miles with Buddy yesterday as there were severe thunderstorm warnings. They ended at 8 pm, so I got Buddy ready and we headed out only to have them put back on until 9:15 after we got a half a mile up the road. It was very eerie out, everything had a yellowish cast to it. Must have been the dirt in the air or something. The airport reported a couple of 77 mph gusts.......

B-- 1 egg, 1/2 T mayo 1 slice ww bread, 3 oz raspberries, Lite 85 yogurt.

snack--2 sf Russell Stover chocolates.

L-- WW turkey wrap, 1/2 c ff cottage cheese, 1/2 sweet red pepper.

snack-- apple

D-- Cubed steak, dinner salad with lite bleu cheese dressing, sf jello.

Monet-- I am totally jealous.......fresh tomatoes already??? AND a cucumber!! If we don't get some heat, I don't think I will have much of a garden. We are 20 degrees cooler today than yesterday. It sucks!!

Jackie-- Our scales must be related.....I got 4 different weights too. I love the heat!! When we would take the boat down to the lake, I would sit out in my chair of the front deck all day long. If I got hot, I would just dump water over my head. When it is 80 degrees in the house, I am just comfortable and dh is sweating like at pig. Go figure......When I stayed down in New Mexico, it did rain a bit almost ever night......just made it really muggy instead of cooling it down.

Gator-- Ditto on the pedometers......I also find that you have to get them just at the right place on your hip to get them to be as accurate as possible.

Heart-- Hang in there.....we have all had our good days and bad days. None of us are perfect and we sure don't expect you to be. I am one of the worst lately with the cheating.........And it is sure telling on me. You are only disappointing yourself. Sometime the stress is just too much, and we all know how life is full of it. Just jump back on and keep trying...... As long as you don't quit trying, you'll always be a winner here!!
Closed Thread