Starches 7 53.85%
Anything that won't eat me first! 2 15.38%
I am NEVER tempted! 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, all. Just checking in. Not much going on today. Took Boogie to Speech this morning and then had to run into the grocery store for a couple of items. Haven't done anything since I got home but pick up the front a little and did my workout for the day. BF was a peach and plain yogurt with splenda. Lunch was leftover Ranch chicken, zucchini, and a cup of NSA ice cream. For supper, I'm making a beef and cabbage casserole that I've never tried along with a couple of side items that I haven't quite figured out what to fix yet. I know I'm planning on making the rest of the clan some yellow rice(yuk), I'm thinking about making a sweet potato for me. Well, it's WIW and I guess I should report my horrendous weight. 170!! I just saw 163 a week and a half ago. I'm up 10 from my ticker low. I hope I see the 160's again tomorrow. It seems that I have spent the entire 2005 year gaining, losing, and regaining the same stupid 10 pounds. I've probably lost 100 pounds this year! Well, I'm off to post on the exercise board and visit Blockbuster...
Old 06-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in before heading home. DD had a bid on their house. It is too low so they will counter. I got a little sad thinking about them leaving. It has been fun so far. Tonight is our Elks club. We will eat dinner before we go. I may have 1 glass of wine or maybe a diet coke.

The girls are really doing great on this diet. They make sure if we are having a starch at dinner that they don't have any more. I have been fixing their lunches for them. They are even working out with me at night. Sorta of fun.

Kris, now don't forget to count that 2nd bowl of oatmeal as your 2nd starchy carb. no cheating now. I always hated half days. For working parents, it's a killer. They get to count the day as a whole day as long as you are there until a certain time. If they put them together, you would have to go longer time.

Teensy, I think our scale is possessed. I think I have a ghost in the house. Saturday my DD saw a picture that I have on the table and it was upside down. The back had been taken off and switched so the words and heads were at the bottom. No one claims to have done it. So maybe the ghost was standing on the scale with me today. Go ahead and take that one pound, I did.

Heart, we are almost at the same wt. Now let's get going. Hold my hand and I'll hold yours and down we will go.

Have a great evening.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #33  

Just got in from a marathon of errand running! I had to go to the church office and pick up some stuff, cut up some tissue paper, then to Hobby Lobby to get stuff for tomorrow. I also got some stuff to do a few craft projects for my niece. She is the editor of a kids craft magazine and needs some submissions....

Tom just got in, so I need to go soon. Just wanted to report that I forgot to eat lunch, so I had a roast beef and cheese sandwich and a glass of tea when I got in a little while ago. I am going to go munch on fresh cucumbers and tomatoes out of the garden...

I will be back in a bit to do replies!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #34  
Goddess

Hey!
This is just a fly-by post. I've been swapmed this week, but just wanted to tell Monet. . . whatever you do don't bop a hubby that can fix plumbing!!!!!

I'm doing ok on the food, but negotiating my way around some tricky dinners and lunches, it wouldn't be so bad if it were just one or two this week, but I'm going to a lot fom here lately!

Will try to get on later for replies!

Susan
Old 06-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #35  
Little Engine That Could

Teensy--I agree about where you wear the pedometer making a difference. Just about where the point of the hip bone is, and then right above that at the waistline does it for me. When I wear something that is too loose at the waist, I have to clip it to my underpants. Today I got in 10003 steps. I didn't get my "walk" in until this evening, because this is my day to work.

I had a so-so day food wise. I had a good breakfast, and then my DH called and invited me out for lunch. I had a salad with crab meat. The in the middle of the afternoon I was starving, so I had an open faced egg salad sandwich and 20 cherries. For dinner some roasted chicken and creamed spinach. I didn't even measure or figure calories. I just was tired, and wanted a break for my tight eating regimen. I got a craving for vanilla Ice cream so after our walk we went to the store and got a pint of lower fat vanilla Hagen Daaz. It hit the spot and so now I think that tomorrow I will be ready to get back to my plan. I didn't weigh today. I normally weigh Monday mornings.

Monet, actually my major was general fine arts with enough courses to get a teaching certificate. I got a bachelor of design in fine art. My favorite thing was sculpture, but I never did much of that after school because I got married right out of school and my materials were rather limited. My second "specialty" was drawing and printmaking. We immediately moved to California and lived there for a little over a year. It took me 6 months of that time to get a full certificate in Calif. So I mostly substituted. Then we moved back to Gainesville where my DH went to graduate school--law. Teaching jobs were impossible to get because every wife of a student was looking for that kind of job. So I found a better paying job with the state welfare office. Then, when we moved again it was in the middle of the school year, and, in fact, the year that the teachers went on strike for 6 weeks or so. So it was a while until I really got to teach. By then I discovered that I liked to teach, but just not for the state or public school system. By then we were living here, and a friend and I did a volunteer art program for the local elementary school. That way we had a lot more say in what we were going to do.

Fruit, hi. Glad you are having fun with your two "kids." It keeps ya busy, doesn't it!

Gotta go. Have lots to do still.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #36  

Checking in again. Jack-k- I think I'll take you up on that offer. Can't let my partner down, now can I? Anyway, supper turned out pretty good, everybody ate seconds. Here's the recipe, I don't really measure...

I used more than 2 pounds of regular ground beef from Walmart, so it shrunk alot. I always drain and RINSE my ground beef. Cook about 2 pounds ground beef, an onion, a bell pepper, then drain. Add a couple cans of diced tomatoes and then add garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook another 10 minutes or so. In the meantime, cut a large cabbage up into big wedges and put into salted, boiling water, cook until tender, and then DRAIN well. I took a long(not sure what the measurement is)pan and using a fork, broke the cabbage up and made a layer on the bottom of the greased pan. Then I added the ground beef mixture over the top and cook about 30 minutes at 350. Then add a layer(about 1 1/2 cups)cheddar and cook an additional 5 minutes. I served the family rice with this but I ate a sweet potato on the side. It was good, but needs a little "kick" to it, so next time I'm going to add cumin powder and chili powder to the meat and top with a Mexican blend of cheese, which I think will really be good.

Well, I ended up eating too much, plus I had 3/4 cup NSA ice cream(again). Yea, I know I should have definety left the ice cream alone...I'm working on staying legal right now, next step will be portion control. Right now, I'm just glad I haven't gone to the convenience store and raided the candy bar section,lol..or hit McDonald's up. Well, that's it for me!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #37  

I started a new project tonight. (like I needed something else to do!) I am not sure what it will look like, but I am knitting as large a piece as I could cast on the needles. I liked the yarn, and thought it would be good to keep me occupied with no hands free to eat with! I may have to knit more than one piece then stitch it together, since knitting needles are only 14 inches long...I did get about 90 stitches cast on it though!

I sat outside on my swing tonight and knitted a bit...now its time for bed. I wish you all sweet dreams!

Night!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:02 PM   #38  

Happy Wed. Im still just maintaing this week which I suppose is a good thing being home on vacation and yesterday shopping with dd I ate some things I shouldnt of. Being at home is so hard cause I tend to want to snack all the time. At least at work I have what I bring and thats it ! So Im able to stay so on track that way but here at home... geesh. Everything I keep at home is legal..I just want to eat too much of it.

Monet- sorry about the few pounds. Like you said its probably just water and will be gone before you know it.

Jack-k- my scale did that a few times too. Drives me crazy.

Tech- that oatmeal sounds awesome. I might have to give it a try tomorrow morning.

Colleen- I can send you some of our heat if youd like. I think we are heading to the 90's through the weekend.

Heart- hang in there !

Susan and Gator- hi to you both.

Well Im off here to head to bed. Had dinners at my moms tonight because my brother in law and my neice arrived this afternoon, then my dd and I went on a hour long power walk, so Im bushed. Have a great evening to all.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #39  

Here is something that is really hilarious. Read the comments on the recipe cards by clicking on the first one, then you can go through them with the arrows. Be prepared to laugh...a LOT!

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
Old 06-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #40  
Little Engine That Could

OK, today is a new day and I'm sane again. I actually got my walk in, with my DH, this morning. On Wednesdays I don't get to walk until evening because I would be late for work. So that starts that day off kilter. Yesterday I did not succumb to the candies, chips or nuts that they have sitting out at my workplace, so that was good, but to compensate for the normal munching I do there, I had the ice cream last night--with chocolate sauce--actually Nutella we brought back from France.

So today, I had a good breakfast with shredded wheat and a nectarine and skimmed milk. I'll have a healthy lunch and take an apple for snack when I go for my foot reflexology and facial today. My DH gave me a spa gift certificate several months ago, and today I will finish it off.

One thing I've discovered about eating good food that is healthy and will not add pounds is that it takes time and thought to be creative and to fix it. It is so much easier just to throw some sausage and beans in the pot and to have a PB&J sandwich when hungry. And since we don't get all that physical activity like we used to in the "olden days" (before TV remote controls!! )it is easy to eat more food than we can burn off in daily activity. So it's hard to fix meals that will stick with you but are not high calorie splurges. 1.5 or 2 oz. of spaghetti now has to suffice instead of the 3 and 4 oz. piles we are used to and like to eat to fill us up. Cooking and eating healthily and sticking with it is a big challenge. I actually find lunch the biggest challenge, because I'm normally by myself and have to fix it myself, and get tired of the same old stuff. What do the rest of you normally have for lunch?

Heart--OK, pull yourself together. Have you taken the time to think through why you are eating so frantically? Is something "eating" you? Are you afraid of reaching your goal? When you reach the "perfection" of your goal, are you realizing that life still will not be perfect? I wonder if you are living with an inordinate amount of stress that causes you to find it easier to just eat whatever. Your kids and the health problems related to that, your husband, etc. etc. And also the tendency to let-up when you get really close to goal. No matter WHAT you eat, you are on a "diet." Some of us are on diets that promote weight gain and a chance for poor health, and some are on a diet that promotes a feeling of health. EVERYONE is on a diet of some sort, and I am not referring to "diet" as some sort of regimen, but of eating choices. Everyone makes choices as to what they are going to eat. And when we choose to eat what makes us feel guilty, or bad, or unhealthy, one must ask oneself why they are making those choices. My own answer as to why I have made those choices are: boredom and laziness and a willingness to be out of control. I have noticed in your posts over the past several months that you seem to be really struggling with what you are eating and as one of your supporters, I am wondering if you have pondered what is really happening in your life that is manifesting itself in what you are choosing to eat. So--take some time to think about these things as you go on this SB journey.

Gotta go. Lots to do.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #41  
Goddess

Default Good Thursday Morning!

Hello all!

I'm sooo excited--my new washer/dryer came today. The guys from Lowe's just finished installing it and I'm running it through a test cycle. As soon as that finishes I will do a load of towels. It is supposed to take about 90 minutes -2 hours to go through a complete wash/dry cycle. I haven't had a dryer in my house for 10 years---I'm soooo excited!

Eating is so-so. Op, but it doesn't feel right. I don't know why that is. This week I've really had to fight the binge urge--don't know why that is either. Got to spend some time figuring it out. I'm staying within my SB guidelines and my points, but something feels a little off. I'm going to have to go back through my food dairies to see what is off kilter.

Meanwhile. . . off to wash and DRY towels!

Susan
Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #42  

I just got in from the art series I am helping teach. I could not believe my eyes...my silly son was STILL asleep in bed and its noon! I sure hope his boss does not mind him working 12:30 to 9pm! I absolutely HATE the way my kids like to stay up all night and sleep all day.

The art class went well. The kids are very young...perhaps too young, but they seemed to enjoy it, so that is important.. Its a small crowd, but I don't mind starting small and working up as the program gels...

Off to light a fire under my slacker son....
Old 06-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #43  

Just a quick hidey ho from me......have got to go move the water, and am waiting for someone to come look at the boat. We have had a lot of lookers, but so far no takers.....boo hoo. Everyone wants us to drop the price, or they want to make payments.......not going that route at all. Dh is still working so I won't be able to start up the motors but can show everything else. (Dh has some ears he sticks on the motors and then hooks the hose up to them so water runs through the pumps so as not to over heat them.)

Menu--

B-- Breakfast burrito.....WW wrap, leftover cube steak, and gravy made from ww flour and ff milk. Yummmmmy!! Lite 85 yogurt.

snack-- berries of some kind

L-- Sobe pizza

snack-- apple

D-- salmon, dinner salad with lite bleu cheese dressing.

Will be back later.......
Old 06-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #44  

Hey, guys. I just got thru with the Walk and Kick workout(around 30 minutes), it's good for an energy picker-upper. If you like Leslie Sansone, then you'll like this one, and it's only 7 bucks at Walmart. I still have to teach exercise at church tonight. I weighed and I'm back in the 160's again..168. Just need to keep it up. I had an orange and plain yogurt sweetened with Splenda this morning. For lunch, I'm going to eat a bowl of leftover beef and cabbage casserole with a side salad(ranch dressing), diet coke. Supper will be a baked chicken breast, butterpeas, and green beans, diet coke.

Gator, and everyone else-

I have thought about this, even more so today, and it's a combonation of things. Sometimes it's triggered by boredom, sometimes stress with hubby, stress with finances which aren't good lately. Boogie is doing great so the only thing I'm worried about with him is starting school, the whole different environment he will be in. And you know, this sounds crazy, but it has become a "ritual" or routine to binge or overeat illegal foods on the weekend. Like I'm expected to do it, so therefore I tell myself, what the heck it's the weekend. Stupid, I know. I think that attitude is the most damaging of all. It's up to me to break the cycle. And I know you guys have heard this before, but I am going to give it my all and am planning to FINALLY make it thru this weekend without a binge or overeating episode. I'm going to keep reminding myself it's just another day, like a weekday. I know that I need to do this, not just for the weight loss, but for a sense of accomplishment...knowing that I can be in control and not letting the food or emotions control me. Alright, I need to finish checking my email and then fix lunch. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #45  

Back from Costco, where I spent more than I wanted to, but I had the girls with me, and they saw stuff they 'needed'.

I was bad and ate a honey wheat bagel with cream cheese. Its got whole wheat in it, but is not 100%. I was down this morning two pounds, so I hope I did not blow it totally.

I am drinking lots of water, and I am feeling almost normal, so I will try and walk early tomorrow. I can actually get up and down the stairs without feeling like my knees are going to kill me!

Dinner tonight will be rotisserie chicken from Costco and a veggie.

I will be back later!
Closed Thread