View Poll Results: My biggest temptation is:
Sweets 4 30.77%
Starches 7 53.85%
Anything that won't eat me first! 2 15.38%
I am NEVER tempted! 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #61  

PEASY: Good to see you! Taco salads are ok, if you don't eat the shell. Also, don't eat the rice at Mexican restaurants, the beans are ok. I hate to be a party pooper, but I imagine that your Dove dark chocolates are not legal. Chocolate needs to be 70% cocoa solids, and will say on them if they are. Lindt makes one, as does Sharffenberger. Valrhona makes one too. Other than that, your menu looks good.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #62  

Happy Friday:

I can't believe this first month of summer is nearly over. We have been so busy this summer, already. Lane will have her last class next Tues, and Britt Wed. We will then leave for vacation on Thursday, and be gone for about a week. When we get back, the girls will still have swim lessons on Monday, Britt will have a pom/cheer class on Tuesdays, Mom's club on Wed, Gym on Thursdays, and Britt & Lane will both have tumbling on Fridays.

Britt went to her last day of Vacation Bible School today, so Lane went to the gym with me. I have gotten in 4 days of exercise this week, so I may not go tomorrow. I have to get to Wal-Mart, and I also have a hair appt. to get my highlights tomorrow at 8:15 a.m. and to have some of this mop cut.

I just ate a Linda McCartney pizza for lunch, and I do have to say, it was one of the best frozen pizzas I've had. It is not SB friendly, but it is all natural and preservative free. It had red wine mushrooms and cheese; it was very flavorful. I intended to eat half of it, but ate the entire thing.

Half of our state is up in flames; there are about 10 active fires burning right now; please pray for us! We keep getting dry thunderstorms, and the lightning is causing more fires.

Gator: What a pity that ASU lost! Good luck to your Gators! Are you making a new spaghetti sauce? Or is it an old favorite? I would like to find a good homemade sauce instead of my Trader Joes & Whole Food jarred favorites.

Fillise: I'm sending my laundry over! How awesome to be able to wash & dry at once...what next? Lane does seem o.k. today. She woke up screaming twice last night with bad dreams; I still don't know what they were about. I just went in and laid with her and comforted her. Maybe it bothered her more than I thought, or maybe it wasn't that at all. I have to just know that she probably repeats what she hears at home, and she didn't intend to hurt Lane's feelings. It breaks my heart to see my children hurt though.

Heart: Sara Lee makes a smaller bun now that is legal. I just saw them the other day. I used to get the larger ones, and just eat the bottom (like an open-faced sandwich), but will definately get the smaller ones now.

Monet: No wonder you are tired...with a lunch like that. Mexican food always does that to me.....I eat too much and I get way toooo tired, but I love it!

peasy: Taco salads are fine minus the shell. I usually get fajitas when I go out to eat, and just don't eat the tortillas. I eat it more like a salad, with the sour cream and guacamole. I also usually take some of my flax chips with me, so I don't eat the real naughty ones. Good luck.

Jack-K: Keep up the great job with exercising!! You are doing so well.

Gheeez...Lane's birthday will be here 3-4 days after we get home from our trip. She already picked out a Dora cake that I will have to make, and she wants to go to Build-A-Bear Workshop. I have to get by the party store and see if I can find some Dora party hats. It will just be us for her little party, but she doesn't care.

The kids are fighting, so I gotta go.

Have a great OP weekend.
Nat
Old 06-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #63  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD SATURDAY MORNING ALL YOU BUSTIN BUDDYS!!

I'm so excited....I'm on my way to buy panties.... Now I know that Y'all
think this is crazy that I'm excited about this, but Penney's is having a sale on the JOCKEY'S that I buy...I get the three pack box that usually sell for $21.99 , but today, they are $15.00!!!! I've got them holding 3 boxes!!!
The problem....TIPPY carries my underwear around...doesn't bother the crotch, but I have all these little holes throughout the rest of the panty...
She gets them out of my laundry basket and thinks that she has really done something good! So I'm off to purchase some panties!

I'll be back for replies later.....Also going to get my hair cut while I'm out....

Later
BOB
Old 06-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #64  

OK....I know it's pretty outside, but WHERE IS EVERYONE???? I wan't to share my
other DEAL OF THE DAY.....BALI bra, originally $28.99...on sale for $14.99 WAIT...I'm not done.....dirty spot on it so I asked if they could give me some more off....$12.99!!!!

That's all....go about what y'all were doing....

BOB
Old 06-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #65  

YIPPEEE BOB.....WHAT A BARGAIN!!! Don't you love getting a good bargain? It's so nice to have new underwear...I think I have a bit of a panty fetish myself.....I buy them when I don't even need them. But, there are some days I go through three pair in one day....a pair of thongs to the gym, and then home into a clean pair, and then a clean pair at night before bed....that's equates to 21 pairs now, doesn't it? I guess I better go count . I love the Jockey ones without any seams; the lycra stretchy ones.

I got out to Wal-Mart this morning, and managed to spend over $100. I didn't even buy any grocery items, except some tomatoes and a cantaloupe. I still can't find the low-carb potatoes. I had to buy some HBA items, and pull-ups, diapers and panties for Lane. She wears panties at home, and diapers still to bed. I am going to have her wear pull-ups on the road, in case we can't get to a bathroom in time. I also packed her little potty seat for the road (I might need it ). I also had to buy canned dog food, and a power touch game for Lane for on the road. It adds up so quickly. I then went to get my hair weaved and cut, and dropped nearly $100 there, including the product that she got for me at a discount price....good thing I only do the weave twice a year!! I then went to Party City and bought some Dora plates, napkins, party hats and streamers for Lane's little party. I am going to be grounded from the checkbook this week.

I also went on Amazon last night and ordered a few birthday gifts for Lane since I won't have much time to shop when we return. I am now prepared; I'll just have to make the cake.

I have some fresh green beans (not mine, unfortunately) cooking at a low simmer for the day, with a slice of bacon, onions & garlic. We will have those with some BBQ ribs and some pearl potatoes (with rosemary and garlic). I love garlic! We will have some sliced tomatoes as well.

Has anyone tried the Kashi granola bars? They are pretty good, and only have 6g sugar, so really only 1 over what is "allowed" on SB. I've been eating one of those and a banana after my morning workouts...it really hits the spot. They have whole grians, nuts, flax, cranberries, honey, etc...in them. They don't taste real sweet either.

I got the refrigerator completely cleaned out and some laundry done. I have some other cleaning to do, so I better go get that done.

Have a great OP weekend.
Nat
Old 06-25-2005, 05:40 PM   #66  

Wow is it ever hot out!!! We ran to Wal Mart today and did some shopping. It was really crowded so I guess everyone else had the same idea. We looked at some new gas grills and I'm hopeing we could get one soon. I hate our little bitty on the ground one. Also had to go to the vet. Our little boston terrier who's 13 is dying and we're having an awful hard time excepting it. Its so sad when we lose our beloved pets. Eating hasn't been so good. But I'll just keep hanging in there. Time to run....
Old 06-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #67  
Goddess

Default Saturday

Slowly I'm working through the pile of clothes on the bedroom floor! I LOVE taking warm towels out of the dryer!

I meant to tell everyone that I lost the lb that I gained last week so I'm back to what my ticker says.

Toni--I'm so sorry to hear that your dog is preparing to cross the rainbow bridge. It's so hard to say goodbye and to let them go. I'm thinking about you.

NAt--Do they even let you out of Walmart if you haven't spent at least $100.00?????

BOB--Gotta love those deals! I will be going through and getting rid of my "holey" undies. Since it took two days for them to dry on the drying rack, I'd go buy more when I ran out an have piles. Now that I can have clean and DRY undies in a couple of hours, I don't need so many!

Monet--where have you been today? Lazing by the pool, I hope! How are the roses?

Peasy--Your menu looks good. I agree on the chocolate--I like the Scharffenbarger (sp) chocolate. Listen to Monet--there are some real chocolate connisseurs in ther house!

Jackie--Have a good weekend!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Next weekend will be 4th of July weekend--EEEK!

Susan
Old 06-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #68  

Hey! I'm still around, just lurking this week. The kids went to a science camp day camp from 9-4 every day this week and I worked as a teacher assistant in exchange for payment for the kids. It was the only way to afford to send them, but it was fun and a nice way to work it out for them to go. They did special effects with the gory makeup and stop animation projects and I worked in an emergency vet camp. The week of July 11 we are going again and Sean will do robotics while Rachel is doing the vet camp with me. It's fun for a couple of weeks in the summer.
I think I have some of the common diet issues that have been discussed this week. I know what I ahould be eating, but I don't "want" to follow the portion sizes and give up what I want to eat. Last night we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant where we are practically known by name and I knew I should order the fajitas, but that's not what I wanted. So, I got a chicken burrito with rice and beans, my favorite. I just cannot find the motivation to do what I should be doing. I try to cook healthy, but then find myself snacking, or eating candy at my MIL house, or eating what I "want" when we go out or whatever. For some reason I just can't buckle down and do it! I'm going to have to figure it out if I expect to see any changes though. I was hoping to go back to school in August with a little less weight, but it doesn't look like it will happen. It helps to see others who are going through the same thing.
Thanks!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

It's me. I'm staying legal! Last night we didn't eat until 8:30!! And we ended up going to my fave Mexican restaurant. I kept it legal but ate every single bite of the huge portions they bring out. I told hubby that the beans and guacamole tasted a little salty. And sure enough, I was up a pound this AM. But I know it's just fluid because I'm being a good girl,lol. Today I had a peach and yogurt for bf, had lunch at Wendy's where I had a small chili and side salad, diet coke. And now I'm hungry but don't know what's for supper, but it will be legal I promise! I would like to type a longer post, but I need some "fuel." I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:47 PM   #70  

Wow, It's amazing that there are so many of you still here! I'm back, just looking for some support. I already feel motivated just reading what you all are up to! Selah is 2 1/2 now and I have a 5 month old, Jacob. THey are both amazing kids. I've moved into Midtown Atlanta. I'm working from home now, and have internet access for the first time in over a year. Life is great!! I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove and getting to know everybody again.

Monet- I miss you!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:51 PM   #71  

Hmmm... When my post came up, it showed my weight from when I left the board. Ironically, I'm about 178 right now, too. I was 192 when I got pregnant with Jacob, but had a bad pregnancy again. Only gained 12 lbs this time. They make greast diets....
Old 06-25-2005, 10:00 PM   #72  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey ladies!

I didn't forget about catching up with everyone - I just haven't had the time!! I didn't realize how much time I did have until I got these 2 boys! HAHA! I'll TRY my best to get on here tomorrow morning to fill y'all in and catch up! If not, I'll start fresh on Monday!

Missy
Old 06-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #73  
Little Engine That Could

Way to go, Heart.

We bought a new bed today. Our water bed mattress is about 15-20 years old and is not feeling very good any more. So, we got a temperpedic.

Steps over 16000, and we worked out in the yard today, so my back is killing me. Stuck to my caloric goal. Will weigh in on Monday.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:25 AM   #74  

Flying by... I am NOT a happy camper! My computer is finished, and up and running, but all my data seems to be lost. I have recovered some documents, but all my favorites are gone, and my pst file ( my email addresses and past emails) are gone. These are things that are not replaceable, and I just want to cry. All my work is gone. All my contact info is gone....

TALITHA: You sure are a sight for sore eyes! Welcome back! I sure have missed you!

Hugs to all...gonna go try and 'find' stuff...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #75  

HEY GIRLFRIENDS!

Up and at em at 7:15 a.m. and that's early for BOB on a weekend!

Have to tell y'all what I did...took TIPPY over to the school yard for a little walk on Friday. They have instaled a new sidewalk and had now laid the sod to the curb. WELL, I had my house shoes on and stepped up on the curb (good so far) and then put the other foot on the sod. Didn't even thing about all the rain that we've had. WELL.....my feet went out from under me and down I went! I was soaking wet...didn't hurt myself as the sod was really soft. BUT....it hit me the next day...my lumbar region is killing me! AND if that's not enough, this morning, it has moved up to my right shoulder! OUCH!!!! You'd think I'd leard after falling at Whole Foods!!!!!

Nothing plannned for today except laundry....

Hope everyone has a great day!

BOB
Closed Thread