Anything that won't eat me first! 2 15.38%
I am NEVER tempted! 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 PM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 6/20 - 6/26

Welcome to the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...940#post876940

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:52 PM   #2  
Goddess

Default An early start to the week!

Since Monet went ahead an started this week's board tonight--I'll start the replies!

I'm sitting here with a cup of green tea trying to get some work done. I have a meeting in Montgomery all day tomorrow, so have to get stuff done tonight.

I literally passed out when I got home from Birmingham yesterday--the meetings there really wore me out. I got up an went to church this morning and them had to take a long nap this afternoon. I sure hope I have some energy tomorrow.

I did make WI Thursday night as was up one pound. I really think that was the difference between a morning and an evening WI (this was the fist WI I have done at night), so I think I maintained this week. But I'm going to switch my weigh-ins to Thurs nights because it fits my schedule better, so I'll take this bump now. I've been OP so I'm not worried it is anything other than a bump.

Have good week everyone! I'll try to get on for replies tomorrow night.

Susan
Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 AM   #3  

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been scarce here this week. The last few days were a little busy and preparing for our guests arrival from Miami. They are due to arrive in early morning of Monday, about 1 to 2 am. My house was in a wreck and they were so much to do to get ready. I also booked a short vacation at a cabin at Smoky Mountains, TN and also did some shopping for some household stuff since I do not have enough of many things. Yesterday and today were cleaning day and I am really beat. Dh and I finally cleared out the garage...gosh, I never thought I will be able to see the walls again. I have not clean this much before. I know it has to do with this pregnancy too....lol. I know I will be more scarce this week when the guests arrived so I just wanted to let you all know what is going with me.

I will be back next week after my guests leaves. In the meantime....take care everyone!!

Julia
Old 06-20-2005, 01:17 AM   #4  

Hello all--

It is late enough here, that it is morning for most of you, so will post on Mondays board instead of Sunday. I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND WITH NO CHEATING!! Finally, one whole weekend. I did eat some sweets, but they were sugar free and kept me from eating the real sweets. I found some sugar free strawberry vines.......I love red licorice ropes, but these were a bit hard to chew. It was like they came apart in little pieces when you chewed them, that couldn't be completely chewed. Does that make sense?? Anyway.......I made a legal weekend.

We had alot of people come and look at the boat, but no offers yet. A couple of guys called late tonight and will be out tomorrow evening to look at it. We had one man that can out with his grandson, and then came back later with his wife. He said he would let us know either way after they had discussed it at home. But from the way she was talking, I think she had a new boat in mind. So will have to see. Our ad will run all of next weekend too, so keep your fingers crossed.

I haven't had a chance to read any of the post from the weekend, but will try and do that tomorrow, and get in some replies. Hope you all had a great weekend, and see you all in the morning.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 AM   #5  

Doing my morning fly by.... I need to finish up cleaning from all the wedding stuff, and then settle in for some my needed R&R. A friend is coming over for lunch today..we may lay around the pool, or just watch a video and talk. She is one of the young women from chuch...

Last night, I fixed stew beef, brown rice, squash casserole and fresh green beans. We also nibbled on leftover veggies and dip. Erik brought some raspberries from their yard, so we had those with a bit of whipped cream on them for dessert. Yum! I was SO stuffed, but everything was legal. I need to continue to avoid sugar to get it out of my system, since I did taste the cakes on Saturday! Dinner was nice last night...Ruth and Erik were more relaxed and hung around and talked. Laura was not here. She was offered a pick up shift at another store, so she took it. I guess at 19 you think money is more important than Father's Day. I think Tom was a bit hurt, but took it in a manly way.

FILLISE: I think you are probably right about that one pound being a difference from morning to night. I am guessing the difference is more, but wait till next week to see! I felt like you did yesterday...unfortunately, I could not nap. I did go to bed at 9 on Saturday and sleep until 7 on Sunday!

TEENSY: I hope the boat sells easily for you! Way to go on the cheat free weekend! That strawberry vine does not sound very appealing!

KENG: Enjoy your company! A few days in the Smokies will be so much fun! And pretty too!

I am off to find some breakfast!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quickie for me, too. I've been mostly good all weekend except for about 10 peanut M&Ms and I'm down to 158!! I'll update my tickers in a minute. But I thought that was cool!! I'm a little under the weather with TOM...which makes the pound down all the more cool, to me!

Okay...I have to take a shower...I can't stand being in the same room with myself!! Kris
Old 06-20-2005, 09:45 AM   #7  
Little Engine That Could

I did my weigh-in this morning and am back at my pre-trip weight. So, in 2 weeks I lost 6 pounds, but that is not as earth-shattering as it sounds, since I put those 6 pounds on in one month! But I am going to try to eat 100 Kcal less per day for a couple of weeks and see how that affects my bod.
Got my 2 miles in today already. My DH and I walked at 8 this morning when it was still reasonable cool. I did not work out with weights last week because the AC broke down at the place where the gym is. It still has not been fixed (long story) but I will go in today at 10:30 before the crowd gets in there and hopefully it won't be too hot.
My DS came over and cleaned off the roof and cleaned out the gutters for my DH for a fathers' day gift. That was a really good gift because it took him the better part of the afternoon and he got 10 bags of debris from up there, and it took over an hour just to get the gutters "de-leafed". Then we went over to my DD's where she and her bf fixed supper. The BF fixed grilled pork ribs, some small steaks (about 4 oz.), they had fresh corn on the cob, and a salad. She also offered dips and chips. But I was SO GOOD. I had one small steak (he overcooked it), one bite (I swear it was only 1" X 1") of rib, a big helping of salad with oil and vinegar, and one ear of corn, no salt and no butter (I prefer it that way). I know corn is not legal, but with everything else, and with no butter fat calories, I felt it was OK. I did not touch any dip or chips. That was a big step for me because I love chips and dip.
The BF is a big eater, and, in fact, is just BIG. He weighs almost 300 pounds and if he keeps eating the way he does, will be over that soon. He is not good for my daughter's weight, because she eats just like he does. There were 2 pieces of steak and about 6 big ribs, or more than 1/2 the meat still left over. I am really going to have to work hard at keeping my mouth shut about how he fixes and eats!! I want to be a nice mother-in-law. They start their pre-marriage counseling next week.

Well, I have to shower before I go to work out. Have a lot to do today.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:51 AM   #8  

Default This is the week

The week we move away from Texas. . I know we'll like it in Georgia, but 18 years is a long time in one place and DD was born here, so it's all she knows!

The weekend wasn't so good. I cooked for my older DD's bf's family. We made crawfish etoufee and boiled shrimp. I made it OP by using WW flour for the roux and served it with brown rice. But the key lime pie and cheesecake definitely were NOT OP. I came home and had some Microwave popcorn for supper! I feel down today, partly because of my eating habits and partly because of the move.

DH just called and the movers want to pack on Wednesday and load the van on Thursday!!!! That's earlier than I expected and he won't even get here until Friday morning.

OK, I have to breathe. This is going to be okay. We will get through this. I have to go throw away a bunch of stuff in my bathroom cabinet. I'll try to get back on here tonight.

Jeanie
Old 06-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #9  

JRED: <<hugs>> to you Jred! You will love it here in Georgia! Just think of how close you will be to me! Kidding aside, any big change is stressful. I will be praying for you and your family this week! I know I would be freaking out if we were moving across a few states after being here in Hotlanta for over 20 years! I think for me, it would be half excitment (which makes me sick to my stomach some times!) and half stress and depression! Hang in there! It will be over soon.

TECH: Woo hoo! Yay on that pound!

GATOR: Woo hoo for you too for dropping the six! You did great at dinner too! I too have a hard time passing up chips and dip. Way to go!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #10  

Wow 7 posts already!!! You all are busy... Unloading some stuff from our bedroom to the guest room so DH can take down the ceiling and put up a new one. We live in a mobile and the ceiling is horrid. I'll be so glad to have a new one in. And electric run so I can finally have a ceiling fan. Its the last ceiling we have to redo in this place. B- a breakfast bar L- South Beach wraps S- peach D- I'm not sure, maybe a taco salad...

Fillise- I agree at night you could be up a lb. or more. A cup of green tea sounds good.

Julia- I hope you have a wonderful trip. We go over the Smoky Mtn. to visit our kids in South Carolina. Its so beautiful there.

Teensybean- LOL I was hooked on those strawberry whips for awhile. And then got burned out on them. I enjoyed having something sweet to chew on.

Monet- Hope you get lots of R & R in this week. You sure deserve it after all you went through last week.

techwife- Wow gal you're doing so good. And you should be so proud. Your weight just keeps going down...

Gatorgal- Way to go on the weight. 6 lbs in two weeks is GREAT!

j red- Good luck with the move. What an adventure moving to a new place.

Well lots more work to do before hubby gets home for lunch.....
Old 06-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #11  

I can't find these products near me anywhere, would anyone know where I could buy them on line????? Whole grain graham crackers, and south beach whole wheat crackers????????? Thank you.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Afternoon Ladies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and all the husbands and dads had a wonderful Father's Day.

My bug only lasted about 24 hours, thank goodness. I felt much better on Sat.

Yesterday was a do nothing day. I put my float in the hot tub and layed out. I guess my neighbors thought I was crazy. We just sat around and enjoyed each other. We went to a fish place on the river for dinner and I had told Dennis that we couldn't go there b/c we couldn't eat anything they had. Then I remembered I saw where they redid the place and added some upscale items to the menu. They did, but we wanted to eat on the deck and you couldn't get the food inside outside. I really don't know why they couldn't bring a salad down to the deck. They were up and down anyway. Also you could only get grilled fish inside. I didn't want to make everyone go in so we just got fried fish with no bread. I had one onion ring. That was the only off plan food all weekend. I didn't have any starchy carbs yesterday so that helped counteract the breaded fish and o.r.

Have an oncologist appt at 4:00 today. I dread those appointments. I guess there will always be fear there.

Susan, you had eaten all day so you should have been up. 1 pound is not bad and I'm sure it will be gone next Thursday.

Julia, enjoy your visit.

Teensy, congrats on your legal weekend. It gets easier and easier.

Monet, hope you are enjoying laying by the pool today.

Tech, Wow you are just pealing those pounds off. You go girl.

Gator, Congrats on your good eating this weekend too. That's what we need to hear on here. :clap: WTG on those 6 pounds. It's only down from here.

Jred, this will be an emotional week for you. Hang in there. Consider it a new beginning. There is a legal keylime pie ont he recipe board. I made it in a ww pie crust and it was good.

Toni, sounds like your home is getting a fix up. I'm sure you will love it. Do you have Kroger's there? They carry the crackers.

BF: oatmeal, skim milk, walnuts, oj
snack" celery & peanut butte
lunch: salad, peach.
dinner: ?

We have a meeting with a financial planner right after the dr and then the girls have volleyball at 6:30. So we will eat something when we get home, whenever that will be.

Time for lunch. Have a great day.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Well, I was not good at all with my eating yesterday. Not a binge, but I had brownies, popcorn, and a loaded baked potato. I'm up 2 from yesterday and up 6 or 7 just from a little over a week ago. And that makes about 10 total from my low. Sucks. I've been in such a funk lately. I feel crappy and it doesn't help that hubby and I have been fighting. So I'm a little stressed. I'll be reading, but I just don't feel like I should be posting when I don't have my act together. I'll be back when I'm thinking more clearer and can make it thru a WHOLE weekend staying 100% OP.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #14  

I Just Lost A Huge Post And Replies To Everyone! I Will Try To Check In Again Later.

Nat
Old 06-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #15  

Hi all! Well Im on a much needed vacation from work. My first day off and it felt good just to take it easy. Well.. the morning didnt start out easy since I had to go to my folks and shampoo their carpets but I just kept thinking what good exercise I was getting. So I got in 2 1/2 hours of that plus 45 min tonight of cardio with weights. So it was a pretty good day. But inbetween all that I just relaxed. Sat in the sun for a short time , took a nap.
Tomorrow I am going for a hair cut early and then shopping for the rest of the day with my dd.
Still being strict with my fat % and am at 6 lb loss . I find If Im strict 90% of the time and the other 10% I let myself have some higher fat indulgences I can still lose. I think for me its just hitting it really hard for 5-6 days is what I have to do. Ive been also trying to just eat fruit in the evenings when I feel the need to eat something ( after dinnertime). Fruit hasnt seemed to hurt at all

Susan- hope you get rested up.

Julia- have a great time with your friends.

Teensy- Good for you on the cheat free weekend. I find weekends so hard to not overeat. Hope your boat sells soon for you.

Tech- congrats on the loss !

Gator- great job getting back to your pretrip weight. Its taken me 5 weeks to lose 6 lbs so thats ALOT to me.

Jeanie- good luck on your move. Its always hard starting over somewhere new . Ive been here in Ind for 7 years and it took me awhile to "feel" apart but now this is "home"

Toni- I saw all those at Meijers this past weekend. Actually I got some of the cookies to try. The oatmeal/chochip cookies are great.

Jack-k- glad you are feeling better. Hope you appt goes good !

Heartmom- hang in there !
Closed Thread