Starches 7 53.85%
Anything that won't eat me first! 2 15.38%
I am NEVER tempted! 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Me again! Where's everybody at? I'm a little bored. I got supper cooking, just got thru with a snack, that I didn't mention earlier because I hadn't planned on one..but my stomach told me otherwise. 12 almonds and a cup of skim milk. I'm feeling sluggish, wonder why? I have a energy drink(sf) in the fridge that I've been saving for when I need it. Guess I'll drink it on the way to exercise. I didn't teach a good workout Tuesday, so I need to this evening. Can't do that with no "zip." It has caffeine so I'll skip my diet coke with supper. Have I mentioned that I'm bored? lol. Going to surf the web...
Old 06-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #47  

Howdy everyone:

Britt has a friend, and her 5-yr. old sister over to play right now. Kids can be so painfully forthcoming and honest. This little 5-yr old said to Delaney, "I know you like me, but you talk too much and you drive me crazy." Lane just kinda hung her head down and didn't say much for awhile. She was so excited to tell the "girls" what she did in her class today, and I think that broke her spirit a little bit. I'm sure it bothers me more than it does her.

Britt went to vacation bible school again today, and Lane went to her class. I walked the track again when Lane was in her class. I ran around the track about 10-12 times, and walked it even more than that (about 45 minutes total). So, all in all, I have worked out everyday this week but Monday. I went to the gym Wed.

We are having a really bad fire season here already. We had so much rain, and now everything is dry, and we are having dry thunderstorms. We have a fire not too far from us (about 90-100 miles) that merged with another one, and they have it 0% contained. It was caused by lightning. It is so scary. Over 300 people have been evacuated, and 20 structures have been destroyed so far. The winds today are not helping at all. This makes at least the 10th fire in the area this year.

My WIW weight was 121# yesterday. I was 122# today though.

Gator: What a bummer; good thing you didn't have a load of groceries in your vehicle. We used to have On-star, and I loved it; they could unlock our vehicle from anywhere. Now, we have to wait for Triple A if we lock them in. Those were good walking/pedometer tips.

Fruit: So good to see you!!! Congrats on the foster kids. Running after kids is a great workout!

Monet: Yum, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers...isn't it nice when your garden starts to produce? I miss that! It is so hot here, and we can't keep the birds out. It's not worth all the efforts for the few good weeks that you can get the veggies. Thank goodness for farmer's markets. I will have to try the cheese straws; they sound yummy.

Heart: Baby steps...you can do this; you've done it before. You know what needs to be done, and you will succeed and meet that goal of yours. I think if you can truly make it through one entire weekend on plan that you will be back on your way! It is scary to see your child start school, especially with the health problems that Boogie has encountered during his short little life. He will be fine, and you will, eventually, like that little bit of freedom that you have. You can cut some of that zucchini the long way in thick slices, and put a little olive oil and seasoning on them and grill them; they are delicious!

Jack: I think it is time to invest in a new scale. Good job getting that exercise in. Wow, it is your vacation time already; how long will you be gone? Gheez, how I'd love to hear my mom say those words about me. I hope your dd gets what she wants out of her home.

Tech: The only thing that would make that oatmeal even better is some ground cinnamon , and it's even good for you. Glad you haven't gained anything.

Teensy: Glad the weather allowed you to get some work done in your garden.

Fillise: Congrats on the washer/dryer. I am sure you will love it.

Cindy: Glad you maintained your weight. Being home makes it so easy to snack.....believe me, I know (ha).

Well, I better go see why everyone is soooo quiet....something has got to be up .

I'll check in later.
Nat

Last edited by Pancho; 06-23-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:04 PM   #48  
Little Engine That Could

Heart--Look at it this way. Pretend you are an invisible person watching yourself eat during the weekend. Would you see a person who is in control, enjoying a meal with friends and family, caring about herself and making obvious choices? Yes, choices, even to eat a nice bowl of ice cream, or a piece of cake. Or would you see a person who is just stuffing anything or everything in, no matter what it is? Someone who is just reacting to what is going on around her and eating anything and everything in front of her? Would it be a pretty sight, or a "refined" picture?
The reason I ask these questions is to try to get the weekend out of the "anything and everything goes" category. Instead of thinking of how deprived you are on the weekend when "everyone else is having fun," think about the weekend as a time when you might CHOOSE to make some different choices regarding what and how you eat. You can still eat like a sane person and enjoy some "no-nos" without feeling guilty, and also without succumbing to behavior that makes you feel guilty. If you want to party with the best of them on the weekends, go ahead and have that cocktail, or that chip and dip, or whatever. But picture yourself just pouring down the drinks or STUFFING those chips or cake, and react accordingly. Then you might choose to have a cocktail, a few chips in anticipation of a lovely supper, and then enjoy your meal to its fullest, stopping eating when you are satisfied (not stuffed). THAT will be a picture you can be proud of. That will also take those weekends out of the frantic mode you've been in, and you won't feel guilty on Monday, because you were in control enough on Sat. and Sunday to make choices instead of just react. Good luck. We are your cheerleaders and know you can pull out of this slump with an attitude adjustment.

Monet, I love that chicken from Costco. It's the biggest and best. Except for---Smart Chicken at Publix. Of course you have to cook the Smart Chicken, but it is organic, and tastes just like the old fashioned farm chicken. It's like a whole different meat from the normal chicken--fryers--in the meat dept. Congratulations on your art class.

I had a great afternoon at the spa and now my face and neck feels so smooth. I'd love to get that done every month if I could afford it, and I bet a treatment like that every month would be a great benefit to my skin. I've used up the entire gift certificate, though, and the facial was $100!!!

Food today:
B. Shredded wheat with nectarine and sk. milk
L. 1 protein shake with frozen strawberries blended in. 1 sl. SGWW bread topped with 1 oz. melted cheese.
Snack. 1/2 apple, 5 almonds
Dinner: 1/4 wedge of grated potato pancake, zucchini with tomatoes, leftover tilapia from Tuesday night, a small salad with lettuce and tomato, oil and vinegar dressing, 10 cherries.
I did not drink enough water.

Fillise--Have fun with that new machine! Is it the same size as a regular washer?

Jackie--Good going with the exercise.

Well, I need to clean up the kitchen. DH is at a meeting tonight, so will have the evening to myself.
Oh, my DD told me today that they selected Nov. 12 as the date for the wedding. I immediately checked my calendar and discovered that we have planned to go to the USC/UF football game where the Mighty Gators play Steve Spurrier's gamecocks. We also have invited my sister and her husband, the one who was in the hospital for cancer last summer. He is still struggling with some health problems that have come up as a result of the cancer, and my sister is having her hands full. We want to "get them out of the house" and try to give them a weekend they can forget about cares for a bit. We plan to meet them in Charleston. So I told my DD that she would have to pick another date if she wanted us to come!! After all, we have our priorities !! She and her bf are starting counseling in a couple of weeks, and they are still looking for a church they are both happy attending. So--everything is still up in the air. I still have my doubts re. this marriage, but I will be very supportive and also will be happy that it is out of my hands, and that I'm not the one marrying the guy.

OK, gotta go.

BTW, the board has been rather quiet this week.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #49  

Hi all. Just a quick passing. Our temps are rising as the week goes on and we were gonna go camping this weekend but not with 90's + heading in. Just too hot for me and tent camping. So instead Im having a garage sale with our association sale Fri and Sat. So Ive been busy today getting stuff out that I want to get rid of.
This morning I had to take one dog to the vet for his yearly shots and then take the other one next Sat. It just about costs a arm and leg. Glad I dont have anymore than 2 cause I dont think I could afford it ! lol
Hope everyones had a great week. Ive got 3 more days of vacation and Im determined to enjoy each and every one !
Old 06-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #50  

Just another fly by. Dinner was indeed rotisserie chicken, with a baked sweet potato and a sliced cucumber and a few cherry tomatoes. Pretty yummy!

Tom just picked up James from work. I hope he doesn't stay up all night tonight, and makes me late in the morning! Its my volunteer day at the church office.

Tom needs to use the computer, and it is afterall, his...so I best get going here. Sweet dreams everyone! I will talk to you tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #51  

Well...it's me, again. I'm ticked off at hubby right now, so he's in the LR watching TV, and I decided to get on the computer for a bit. After supper, I had a cup of NSA ice cream, I just kept wanting something sweet and that satisfied it. I had a good workout, so I think it will be okay.

Pancho- that kid sounds like a little turd.

Gator- That's where I want to be. I want to be able to occasionally have a no-no food without the guilt setting in and saying what the heck I already blew it and start a binge. I know logically that it is always better to have a meal or couple of illegal foods than a full binge. The thing with me is to gain my control back. When you make decisions about what you are eating and then get back on track with the next meal or next opportunity, then you are being in control the whole time. I have given in, and given up my control for so long now. I have been just mindlessly eating on illegal foods, purposely. Going from one illegal food, to the next and so on. Sometimes until I have literally made myself feel so sick. I'm glad that I'm able to talk about this finally here. I figured no one would understand because it is different than eating off plan. It's in a whole other ball field. Tomorrow is the "start" of the weekend. I bet you see me post more this weekend than any other weekend since I've joined this board,lol. I really need the support. I HAVE to make it thru. And I want to do it right by not eating any off plan foods. I plan on making a new recipe or 2 this weekend, so I'm actually looking forward to that. I'll get me some more NSA ice cream. If I eat a cup slowly, then it helps with the sweet cravings. The kids love it, too. Alright, that's it for me tonight.

Jack-k, Country- Where ya hiding?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #52  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVERY BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!

WHEW....Friday is so close I can feel the wind from the day calender page turning! My Consultant left today for the weekend...she's from up North, but her Parents live over on the East Coast. She'll be back on Monday.
I'm so lucky that I got Vivian as my Consultant....she listens and wants
to make sure that I have all the tools that I need to do my job.

I'm POOPED, and I'm headed off to the four poster

I'VE GOT TO GET SOME REST SO I CAN GET ALL MY LAUNDRY SORTED AND UP TO SUSAN!!!!

NITE NITE EVERY BUDDY I'm off....

BOB

Sorry..not replies toniht..I'm so tired that I'm not even hunry!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #53  
Little Engine That Could

Gooooooo Gators!!! They won their game against ASU tonight so this weekend they will play in the finals in the college world series.

Heart--In a way, you are staying in control, but not in the direction you want to be going. I DO understand about purposefully deciding just to eat the wrong things--to TOTALLY "misbehave" food-wise. In a perverse sort of way YOU are keeping control rather than letting a prior decision to follow a certain way of eating control you. It's like snatching back that good decision and choosing to eat poorly just to show that you are "still the boss." It's weird. Why do we do these things? So maybe you need to sit down and remake the decision as to how you want to eat. Kind of like taking control back from yourself. Perhaps keeping a food diary would also be a useful tool for you as you consider how to become that "sane" eater that you want to be. I agree that it is hard to keep it up for the long haul by yourself. Maybe you need an "eating buddy" who lives close by or who is a good friend, who will be physically there to help you. Anyway, good luck for the weekend.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #54  
Little Engine That Could

Heart--I've been thinking even more about what we've been talking about and can also identify with the desire to munch anything that comes along when going through stress. Somehow, when the rest of life seems out of control, being able to eat anything I want brings "comfort" and some sort of wierd feeling of control. Being able to eat what I want and not being subject to "some diet" gives me a measure of control. However, a better solution would be to take action to relieve the stress in the other areas of life. For example, financial stresses can also bring marital stresses. And those are BIGGIES! Here's another suggestion, therefore, that might just help you and your DH find some stress relief both in your finances and in your marriage. It is not marriage counseling nor financial counseling. It is merely a 10 week class designed to help you with some financial issues and find contentment no matter what your income is. It addresses issues such as debt, employment, savings, etc. etc. It is a wonderful class and many lives have been changed for the better for people who have taken it. Check out http://www.crown.org/ and then click on "find a local contact." Then call that person and inquire about getting into a "small group study." The classes are usually taught in churches in the evening, and sometimes they even offer babysitting services. It's good for a couple to take the class together so that they are both on the same page. Anyway, this is just a thought as I pondered more about how stress sabotages us in our eating, and then realized that to solve the eating problem it would be a good idea to start solving the cause of the stress. Hope you find this helpful and that you can find a Crown class.

Gotta go walk. It looks like it is gonna rain any minute and want to get my steps in today. Yesterday I got only 9500. We are having spaghetti tonight, probably the WW kind.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #55  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

Hello from laundry land! That's all I've been doing for the past 24 hours--LOL!

The machine is going to take a little getting used to. Since it is an all-in-one it can take 4 hours to do a load of laundry (max). It is also a smaller machine than I am used to. It wouldn't work for a family, but for me I think it will be fine. I did towels yeaterday and they took the maximum amount of time, today I'm doing sheets and that is taking less. Tomorrow I'm going to try actual clothing.

I got out an did a bunch of pruning yesterday afternoon. That's got me insired to do more, so I think that will be the weekend project.

Meanwhile we got a Starbucks in Auburn today--makes me think of Deb and wonder how she is doing!

I like all the work that everyone seems to be doing on the board this week to get at the root causes of emotional eating. I know I'm struggling with the urge to sabatoge myself. This happens when I begin to lose weight--in a weird way it scares me. Figuing out what that is is something I've been working on!

Gator--Good advice to Heartmom and to us all! I hope the Gators do well in the CWS!!!

BOB--Now just think how much better Vivian would be if she were a Republican consultant! Glad it's working out for you.

Heart--One of the things that has helped me with portion control is to buy NSA added iccream novelties (like fudgecycles or ice cream sandwiches). I can eat one of those, whereas if I'm scooping ice cream, I go waaaaay overboard.

Cindy--Good luck with the yard sale! I agree- way too hot for camping!

Monet--Sometime those simple dinners can be really great!

Nat--My heart breaks for Lane. Did she recover? I guess you have to learn how to deal with criticism, but still you don't want your little girl hurt. Kids have no idea about how what they say can hurt.

Teensy-Good luck with the boat!

Loet of work to do today and I don't want to do it.

Later,
Susan
Old 06-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #56  

Hey, guys. I'm down 2 from yesterday, just need to keep going. I got my workout in earlier. It is so hot and humid here. I went outside to hang out a load of clothes and was all sweaty when I came back in. Later on, I have to go to the grocery store and bank. Yippee. I'm not for sure what I'm going to cook for supper. I guess it depends on what time I get back. Probably will be burgers. I can't find any legal buns anymore. I've looked everywhere. Walmart and the other grocery stores used to carry 2 types that were legal, but not anymore. Guess I'll just use regular bread. I saw those Sara Lee buns that are legal, but they are huge and almost have 40g carbs. Too much.

Menu:
BF- was a grapefruit and plain yogurt
Lunch- will be a leftover chicken breast and green beans
Supper- ?

Gator- I appreciate you offering that. Unfortunately, I know hubby won't go. That's another dilema we've been having. He hasn't gone to church in months and I've asked and pleaded and he just won't go. So I know he wouldn't attend that. But I do sincerly appreciate it.

Fillese- I usually buy the individual bars, too. When I buy the half gallons, I use a cup, not a bowl. A cup is still technically 2 servings, but who only eats 1/2 cup? I just take my time eating it. If you use a bowl, it's very easy to put about 4 servings in it.

Alright, I need to get a bath, check in later...
Old 06-24-2005, 02:08 PM   #57  
Little Engine That Could

Heart--The Crown class is not a specific denominational class. It is based on what God teaches in the Bible about how to be content with your finances, and how to live with what God gives you so that you don't have financial frustration. But the only reason they use churches to have the classes is because it is cheaper: usually they can have the classes there free, whereas if they rented a meeting room in a hotel for 10 weeks, it would cost a lot more. You don't even have to be a member of a church to go to the class. Sometimes the classes are held in people's homes. The title of one of the books they used to use for this class was "Your finances--Frustration or Freedom?" I always thought that was a neat title because it gets to the heart of the issue pretty quickly, doesn't it?

Got my spaghetti sauce on for tonight. Now it can simmer for several hours. Got my hair trimmed (a self trim), and am touching up the color on the short ends around my ears. Have to do that between haircuts!!

Fillise---Have fun with your new machine. Wow, 4 hours. I guess you can put a load on in the evening when you get home and it will be ready in the morning when you get up. Sounds easy because you don't have to switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer.

Where is everybody?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #58  

Hey everyone! Here I am again! I went to the church office and did my volunteer stuff, then picked up my neighbor and we had lunch. After I dropped her off back at home, I went to the bank. I really ought to be doing something, but honestly, I am SO tired, I think I will take a nap!

For lunch, I was bad, bad, bad! We went to a Mexican place, and I got the lunch special, which was a poblano chili relleno, a taco, beans and guacamole salad. I did not stay away from the chips. I ate a good many with salsa.

I just can't seem to stay awake well enough to write replies right now, so I will be back in a bit!

There are some MIAs...like Country, Keng (tho she is on vacation) and Thinwithin...and Jack... We miss you when you don't post!

Off I go to take a nap!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #59  

Hi all. Happy Friday...Just thought I'd check in.

Today's menu:
B: Uncle sam cereal w/ strawberries
L: wendy's BLT salad, ff ranch, diet coke w/ splenda
S: 1 dove dark choc
S: maybe 2 triscuits w/ one slice of cheddar when I get home
D: steak, steamed broc

I think I've been eating good this week. Last weekend was bad though. My cousin was in town and we brought him out to dinner. I ordered a steak salad, but had a slice of banana cream cheesecake for desert. Everyone else ordered dessert, so I just had to!

Question... are taco salads ok (minus the shell)? It has refried beans, sour cream, and guacamole. I'm thinking of going to a Mexi restaurant tomorrow and wondered if I should tell them to hold off on some toppings.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a flyby.

I got busy yesterday and forgot to post and today has been busy. It's almost time to go home so no time for replies.

I have done great with exercise this week. 30 minutes in the AM and 30 more in the PM. Only missed the TM 1 day this week. This bun roller thingy is fun. It also hurts.

Big weekend planned. eating should be fine.

Peasy, I get the taco salad w/o the shell. Those toppings should be fine. I don't like sour cream or guacamole so I leave them off anyway.

Gator, some good thoughts you have expressed to Laurie

To the rest of you.. have a great weekend and talk to you monday.
Everyone have a great weekend.
Closed Thread