Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-14-2004, 12:38 AM   #61  

Monet-- Prayers going your way, and wishing for a quick and full recovery!!
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:15 AM   #62  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EARLY MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I have NO IDEA why I'm still up...I'm tired, but not sleepy. I'm watching the food network and they are in VA and all this good country cooking is making me hungry!!! I do have some country ham that I brought back from the mountains...OH MY GAWD....THEY'RE MAKING PEANUT SOUP....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

OK...the plumbing report...the plumber thought after checking the sink area that the drain thingy needed to be replaced and when he removed them they were "shot". He fixed both sides and checked the "U" pipe under the sink and when he found no dripping, he pronounced it fixed. I started picking up the towels that were in the kitchen where the water had been, and almost immediately water started puddling up....that's when he said "oh no..this isn't good" After I peed my pants, he started looking around and discovered that
the "arm" (main pipe) was the problem. He proceeded to go outside and took a drill to the outside of the house, made a hole big enough to get the pipe out of and brought it for me to see. TOTALLY CLOGGED UP....tight as cement! I have no idea how water had been going thru this, but up until
Tuesday, it had not been a problem...he finally finished around 5p.m. Now keep in mind that he had been here ALL DAY!!! He went to get the papers and figure the bill. I just knew that I was going to have to call my brother to deposit some cash into our account up in KY to pay this...I was thinking around $1000 at least for all he did plus his labor charges...he handed me the bill......$362.86 GRAND TOTAL!! I almost fainted from joy! I had to ask him again what he said because I just didn't believe it.
They don't repair the block outside, so we will have to get someone to do that, but thankfully, the hole isn't very big and shouldn't be too hard to fix.
When I told my brother about the whole thing, he is depositing $400 in our account on Friday to pay for the work. WHAT A SWEETIE!!!

Talked tot he Doc this afternoon...rest of the week at home...see him again on Friday morning...finish my Zpac and hope that does the trick...I still feel ucky and now nothing is coming up when I cough...will have to ask for something cough medicine wise with an expectrant.

MONET....I'm thinking and praying...You'll do fine...believe me, the nurses are used to having witches on their floor...but they all love candy, so that was a good move!

DEBATE......I think MY MAN WON.....SUSAN???????

Girls..I think I'll try the matress....I'll talk to all of you tomorrow...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:57 AM   #63  

Morning everyone! By the time you read this, I will probably be in recovery! I am waiting on Tom to get out of the shower, so we can leave! Are you beginning to see a pattern here??? LOL

They told me to take my usual meds with as little water as possible. So I did...just made me want MORE water...

FILLISE: I am very surprised they did not make you drink something. I betcha they did an enema as soon as you were under! I hear they do that a lot. They need the bowels empty to guard against infection....

BOB: I am going to try not to be TOO witchy!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! See you in a few days!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:51 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just got back in from a meeting. I have been there 3 times this week. Yuk!
Didn't get any exercise in las night. It was raining and I had planned to work out but we went out to look at hot tubs and we were gone longer than I had anticipated. I think a hot tub will help my arthritis and legs. Plus I just love them.

Have a oncology apt today. I will start onthe tamoxifen probably tomorrow. Sure hope I don't have any problems with that. They say it causes wt gain so I need to really watch it now for sure.

Bf was 1/2 ww bagel and lite cream cheese. May get some yogurt
Lunch is tuna on 1 pc of bread and celery and an orange.
Dinner? Maybe hot wings. UL plays Miami tonight so we will probably go out and watch it somehwere for the first half. '

Nat, stay out of those cookies at the mom's club. I wish I could use TOM as an excuse.

Ken, What a cute perspective your DD has.

Ruby, drop in when you can. It is easier for some than others.

Bob, I had 3 epidurals for my bulging discs and they work great! They didn't put me out for them though. Just sat on the table and it was over in 5 minutes. My tastes bud are finally back, thank goodness. Other than the muscles in my legs (which I think is my RA) I feel great. I start the Tamoxifen tomorrow so I hope it doesn't make me feel bad or give me any other problems. Hope you are feeling better. Yes you need to get your resistance built back up. Plumbing problems, Yuk! That was really cheap. You were lucky.

Monet, prayers coming your way. Gosh you had my favorite cocktail. Thank goodness I haven'thad to drink it in awhile.

Heart, Just stay Op and those pounds will come off. WTG on getting that exercise in.

Country, Ruebens are my favorite. Yum!

Susan, things are heating up for you now. Only 3 more weeks.

Teensy, WTG getting that exercise out of the way early. I wish I could get out of that bed 30 minutes earlier and do that.

Toni, are you a baseball fan? The Cardinals are looking good. Thanks for the recipe. Have you tried it?

Have tons of work to do. so better get started. Have a great OP day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:44 AM   #65  

Good morning....

Monet, I am thinking about you and prayed for you early this morning for an smooth and easy procedure and easy recovery. It is cool here today and I love it! I am wearing my sweat pant and a sweater in the house...lol. Nothing much going here today except keeping the house clean Tomorrow morning, a neighbor and I will go to a project open house to look at some hugh houses. They are some sort of competition going on with all the builders on the houses they built. They are all hugh house from $700,000 to over &1 million. Only 6 houses were in the contest and they are all nicely furnished for show. Dh helped a builder to build of the houses there so I have 2 free tickets. I would really love to the interior designs/decorations so I can steal some ideas for my own house...lol.

My rough menu for tiday :

Breakfast : Ham, fried egg and cheese sandwich with 1 cup of milk. Too much calories and fats!

Snack : Nothing since I know I will be full.

Lunch : Chicken friscasse (making it for the first time), brown/basmati rice and green beans and onions.

Snack : Mixed fruits.

Dinner : Hopefully there will be some leftover from lunch

Don't have enough time to catch up on the posts yet but will do so later. Good day everyone!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #66  

Good Morning:

I did it....4 days of exercise. I also plan to go tomorrow and Saturday, if all goes my way.

Eating.....well, not as good. We got home late from the Mom's Club thing, so I just threw frozen pizza in the oven. It was the thin crust and I only ate two pieces, with a salad. I also had a.....are you ready?????.....a pumpkin spice donut from Krispy Kreme. They only have them this time of year, and they are my all time favorites, so I indulged and enjoyed every bite of it. I am doing good so far today though, and plan to stay that way. The scale was at 122# this morning...so the food indulgences are showing up, but the exercise is not .

I plan to go to Whole Foods this morning to get a few staples, and finish getting some food items to put in my parent's housewarming gift.

Heart: Have you seen the new exercise program through Beachbody? I just ordered it. It is a program using the resistance bands. Did you ever get one? I can feel the workout so much more when I use that resistance band during the video. This new program was put together by a retired professional football player. He states that professional athletes have been training with resistance bands for years. They claim that resistance bands are far more effective than free weights. Each workout is 10 minutes, and it also comes with little index cards so you can take your workout with you when you travel, and you don't even need the t.v. I can't wait to try them.

Ken: That is such a cute conversation you had w/ Jess. If we could all stay that sweet and innocent what a wonderful world it would be. I heard a comedian talking the other day about how uninhibited children are...he said he saw a child dressed up as a pirate at the grocery store. He said it wasn't Halloween, or pirate day...the kid just woke up that morning and said, "I think I want to be a pirate today," and he was.

Fillise: Thanks for posting on Monet's behalf. I'll be glad to know when the surgery is behind her and she is recovering.

Teensy: My mom always says the same thing about this Mom's Club. It has really been a saving grace for me. The Flax/Soy chips that I refer to I get at Trader Joes.....a very large bag for $1.69. I have seen the same type of chips, in a much smaller size, at Whole Foods. Trader Joes now carries spicy ones.....they really aren't spicy, but have a great flavor..onion, chili & tomato powders. If you don't have a Trader Joes, I'd be happy to mail some to you; I'm just not sure how they'd hold up in the mail. They do have corn in them too, but with all the fiber, the carb count is very low.

Toni: The flax chips are actually flax/soy chips, and they do have corn in them, so prob. not technically SB legal. But they are large, and 1 serving is 15 chips & only 7 grams carbs due to the flax/fiber in them. I rarely eat a full serving. They are awesome with Guacamole and salsa or to make nachos out of. As I offered to Teensy, I'd be happy to mail you a bag to try.

I think Lane is finally waking up.

I will check in later.

Have a great OP day.

Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:59 PM   #67  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I slept until 11a.m. and so did Tippy. I must need the sleep...usually, even if I've been up late like last night, I still wake up early...

MONET.....WAITING TO HEAR!!!!!!

JACKIE...they aren't really knocking me out cold, just sedating me...BUT...didn't the needle hurt? Do I not need the sedation?
Don't worry about the weight gain....after all you've been thru, we'll whittle the weight off you if you gain any...just take the meds and see if they are good for you...I know you're glad to get that water weight off...

NO REPLIES right now...will be back later...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #68  

Hi everybody - best of the day to you all!

Monet - Wishing you a speedy recovery, waiting to hear how it went.

To all who are ailing in some form or another - hoping you all feel better real soon. As big as I am I have very few health problems and I thank God for that.

Julia - That story was so cute, and almost brought tears to my eyes. My little girl also used to call them "M's" and she and my son had different color plastic M holders. They are both 6 feet tall now, and I can't remember the last time I saw tiny hands clutching those little M guys.... Be sure to enjoy every minute of it....

Does anybody have suggestions for legal wheat-free cold cereal? -Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, all. I'm down 1 from yesterday, so 2 of the 6 #'s are gone, but it still sucks! Last night my friend came over with a CAKE for hubby. It was his bday Monday and she forgot. So the cake said Better Late Than Never. I was cursing inside my head as soon as I seen her get out with it in her hands. Well, at least it was a small round one. I didn't dare touch it yesterday. Ashley and Boogie ate some last night. Hubby doesn't even like cake,lol..so he didn't want any. And of course, cake is my weakness. SO there it was this morning...I cut Boogie a slice and then told myself I would have a small slice. And I did. Then I started to go back for seconds..BUT..I STOPPED. I never stop! SO even though I did cave and I ate a small slice, I managed to gain some self-control and not eat anymore. SO then guess what I did? Called hubby asked him if he wanted any of the cake, he said no, I said good. So then I crumbled it up in the garbage can! Alright, anyway, ...I counted that as my BF. Hopefully the 2 workouts today will take care of that small slice. It's a littly nippy today, fall weather is finally approaching. The high is only in the 60's today and tomorrow, then in the 70's thereafter. I think I will cook a pot of chili for supper tonight. Well, not much to report. I need to put the kid's winter clothes in the dryer to freshen them up and get the wrinkles out, and then hang up(yippee)...

Menu:

BF- small piece of ILLEGAL cake
snack- yogurt
Lunch- will be salad made with tuna, onion, cuke, cheese, 1 egg, peppers, and Ranch dressing
Snack- ? maybe a yogurt smoothie
Supper- Chili topped with some sour cream and probably cheese.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Country- thanks for the kind words. But I don't think I see myself as others might. Some days I feel like I'm attractive, and others I feel like a lard-bucket. I wish I had a better body so that I could wear the clothes I would like. But because I let myself get so big in the first place, I can't. I have icky loose skin on my upperarms underneath that prevents me from wearing anything sleeveless. It's weird because the top part of my arms are very toned, but you can't tone loose skin. My stomach is icky too, but I really don't have the desire to show my belly off anyway,lol.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:08 PM   #71  
Goddess

Default Good news!

Hey everyone!

It's 1:00 CDT and I just heard from Monet's husband. She is out of surgery and in her room. Apparently both procedures went well and she will be out of the hospital in a couple of days. She was in surgery all morning for both the hysterectomy and the hernia repair.

I'll probably try to call her once she is home from the hospital and I'm sure that as soon as she can sit at the keyboard she will sign on and let us know that she is doing well. I know she appreciates all your prayers so don't stop! The hard part for her is now and we need to keep her in our thoughts so that her recovery is swift and uneventful.

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #72  

Good afternoon...

I am sleepy today and fell asleep on the couch while watching a show with Jess. Gosh, I need to get up and take a bath so I will feel more refresh. Yep, got to sleep early tonight...hah! I made a big pan of chicken frisccasse for lunch and have enoygh for dh to bring to work and for dinner as well. Yippee! I love it when I know the next meal is taken care of.

Some replies :

FILLISE : Thanks for keeping us posted on Monet. I am so glad the surgery went well. Your salad yesterday sounds yummy! I love avocado in my salad but they are always so expensive.

TEENSY : I love ham hocks and beans...yum! There is a southern restaurant here cooks the best ham hocks and beans. I always eat a lot whenever I am there. There is a rain forecast for today but only for north of GA so we will not have a drop...sighh. The next 5 days forecast will be no rain as well so I am going to slowly water all the plants. Since it is fall, we are going to put in some more plants and trees and I told dh we really need to instal the drip systems for the plants. I hate using the hose to water all of them as we have a big yard We have a sprinkle system but mostly for the grass but don't really do much for the plants.

TONI : What kind of hair cut are you getting? Hope you like it. I cut my hair few months ago after years of not cutting and absolutely love my new hair. Now, it is time to cut my hair again if I want to keep my hair nice. Isn't the cold weather nice? The only thing I don't like to do in cold weather is to take a bath. It is so cold to get out of the shower...berrrr. I really need to get a bath rope soon. The beef stew really turned out very good and my little girl gobbled up the sauce too...lol. So easy to make and you can make a big pot of it to last 2 meals at least.

MELF : Hi Melf!!

BOB : If you can't sleep, Food Network is the worst channel to watch as it makes you so hungry in the middle of the night and you don't want to eat anything that late...LOL. Well, of course, it is impossible for me sometimes...lol. Hope you are feeling much better today and I am so glad that the plumbing bill is so much more affordable, not to mention your wonderful brother

JACK-K : When you say hot tubs, do you mean like a Jacuzzi outdoor? My neighbor has a Jaccuzi outside and she just loves it. She said it definitely helps her back etc when she wasn't feeling too well. I have a Jacuzzi tub in my bathroom and has some nice powerful jets but I am not a tub person. Too bad...lol. We have been here for almost 2 years and I have only used the tub twice...LOL. Well...my target is at least once a year...lol and then clean it the rest of the year...lol.

PANCHO : WTG on those exercises! I am so impressed! Hey, don't forget muscles is heavy too I am sure the scale will go down soon. I agree in my dd's mind, everything is very simple. Actually a lot of thngs are but adults often complicate matters with our over-complicated mind...lol. DD woke up this morning and decided that she wanted to go swimming today. So, while I was half awake on her bed (I always go over after she woke up and laid on her bed) she changed into her swim suit and turned her kiddy table around and hop into the "pool"...lol. Mind you, it was early morning and the temp was cool in the house and I was comfortably covered with my comforter. When she finally came to see me on the bed, her feets were cold! I asked her why she she changed to swim suit as it was so cold then, she just said, "she wanted to swim today"...lol. Lately, she has been telling me how she likes things her way and it doesn't matter if it is right or wrong. Nothing major, just the way she likes to put her clothes on, like back on the front...lol. She said, "just the way I like it". When I was her age, I don't think I know how to make decision and know exactly what I like or stand up for it...lol. I was like a jello, whatever everyone else do and I will do that as well. Jess is sure much different than I was, which is good I bet you have lotsa stories about your girls personality. I wish I can remember all the stories forever

RUBY : Although Jess is only 3, I feel like she is growing too fast already. Thinking back to her baby times, really brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine how teary when Jess reaches your children's age. Wahhh!!! lol. Wow, your daughter is 6 ft too? You and your husband must be tall. I am only 5 ft 2 1/2 inches and dh is 5 ft 8 or 9 inches but I can see dd is going to be much taller than me. Infact people keep telling me she is big for her age. I suspect their judgement is based on the way she talks, or more like the way she rationalizes things.

HEART : WTG!! Woo Hoo!! It must be such an accomplisment and joy to you!! I am proud of you. Eventually, you will be able to stop touching the cake totally!!

Okay, snack time and I am a little hungry so I better go get something to eat. Good day everyone!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:02 PM   #73  

Just kind of a fly by this evening. Just got my hair cut. I keep it short and curley. The wash and wear kind. I have hot wings in the oven for dinner and they smell good. Tomorrow I'll go grocery shopping and get some stuff for salads this week. Its rainy and cold here. Our mobile home has a leak and theres water dripping. Its making me crazy. Can't do anything about it till the rain clears up. So glad Monet went through her surgery good. Hope she has a speedy recovery. Woops got to go.... beeper on the stove went off.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:53 PM   #74  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening.

Praise God Monet came through the surgery well. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:58 AM   #75  

Just a fly by......took my baby girl back into the vet today to have the growth that they found a few months ago checked.....it has grown a bit, so she will have surgery on Wednesday to remove it and then have it biopsied. Praying that there is no cancer. Poor little girl, last year she had to have her scent glands removed. No wonder she starts shaking when she realizes where we are going! I told the vet he better be able to do miracles because there is NO way I could stand to lose both of my Bassethounds in one year.

Fillise, thank you for letting us know about Monet. Glad it all went well, and hope that she will get some rest now.

Eating was good today,

B-- 3 turkey bacon, Lite 85, 1/2 c oatmeal made with water, 1 T cream, 3 oz huckleberries.

Snack- apple

L-- 1 cup beans, 3.2 oz leftover grilled chicken, Lite 85, 2 SF caramel nips.

Snack-- apple

D-- Taco salad, (1 1/2 cups romaine, 2.5 oz taco meat, 1 oz FF cheese, .5 oz onion, 1.8 oz tomato, 3 T Pace Picante sauce.) 1/2 c SF jello with whip cream.

I am sorry that I don't have time for replies, I am bushed tonight and am going to bed.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote