Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-12-2004, 02:01 PM   #31  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hi TONI....we were posting at the same time!!!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Default So weak...

Good afternoon. I was so excited to see 150 on the scale this morning. Not even 150.5 *smile* So how do I follow up the good results...dive head first into a can of cheetos. It seems like something so simple as to just not do it but it's almost automatic to do the wrong thing. We weren't here at mama's for even 60 seconds before I saw them and popped the top. Angry at my lack of will power but even more determined to do better next time.

Bob..I'm so sorry you are feeling so poorly. You are in my prayers.

Monet...all those forms can be a pain for sure. Hope you have a super afternoon.

Julia...I used to live in a dry county and you couldn't even buy alcohol. I saw a recipe the other day to make beef stew in a pumpkin. After halloween when they go on sale I hope to give it a try. Cooked pumpkin is actually pretty tasty.

Toni...We could use some of that rain. We are suppose to have a cold front tomorrow but it's going to be a dry one.

Jack-K...awesome on being down 4 pounds. You will feel so much better when you get the water weight off. After my c-section I was so bloated my eyes were little slits. About a week later when my body decided to get rid of the water I dropped almost 10 pounds. I felt like a new person.

Colleen...your cake sounds wonderful.

Well, I'd better get back to visiting instead of sitting her at the computer.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
\
235/150/140
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:32 PM   #33  

Another fly by... I think I have the forms just about finished. Its so stupid! I had to fill in Tom's company name and address three times!

TONI: Here is my ww pie crust recipe, which is really good. Fillise loves it: for a two crust pie use:

2 1/4 cups ww pastry flour
2 sticks butter
1 t salt
Cut butter into flour until it looks like coarse meal.

Add about 1/2 cup ice water, or just enough water to make it form a ball. Work it gently. Divide into two, and roll out on floured board, gently fold, and work into 9" pie pan. For top crust, roll out, lightly dampen the edges of the bottom crust, and place top crust over, and crimp with a fork.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:35 PM   #34  

COUNTRY: I keep meaning to ask you...what area of Texas are you in? When we went to the wedding last weekend, we went I20 by Dallas, then down to Austin, to San Marcos. Were we anywhere near you?
Old 10-12-2004, 03:00 PM   #35  

Good day all you SB Pals:

Today I have been good, so far, and plan to stay that way.

BF: Legal cereal w/ blueberries & soy milk
Snack: SF, NF latte
Snack: Spelt biscuit w/smart balance & apricot preserves (all legal)
Lunch: Not sure, probably a salad
Dinner: Will be chili that I have in the slow cooker, and prob. another salad

I got up and did my Ramp It Up tape (47 minutes) before the kids were up. I will go to the gym tomorrow a.m. I plan to get 4-5 workouts in this week. I had 19,809 steps yesterday, 18,737 the day before and 16,276 the day before that. I wore it this morning for my workout, and then forgot to put it back on when I got dressed, so I will wait until tomorrow.

I don't even want to leave the house until after this debate. They are closing down so many roads to prepare for the final debate here tomorrow night. Kerry is staying at a hotel right next to my husband's office. It s/b gridlocked around there all day tomorrow.

Ruby: Thanks for the kind words. I usually try to be inspirational and supportive, and I just found that I was on the receiving end this time. It's so funny...we all know what to do but just get lazy about doing it sometimes.

Ken: Thanks for the support; very nicely put. I was wondering about Gator too; did she say she was going anywhere?

BOB: The triplex bars are the best protein bars I've ever had...no aftertaste at all. They are very large, so I only have to eat 1/2 bar. The have around 11g sugar in them (5.5 for half). They are large, moist and made out of whole grains. They also use real fruit in the ones that have fruit in them (caramel apple, chocolate banana...). I really like them. Most protein bars taste like cardboard to me.

Teensy: Let me just say that I am so proud of you!!! Way to get back on track and stay there; you are a positive role model and I hope to be YOU the rest of this week. The apple cake sounds delish!

Jack-K: Send the rain this way. I am glad you were able to participate in the SBK walk. I did it a few years ago, and it was very touching, motivational and inspirational. I have no excuse for being so awful. You can cut yourself a break; you had to eat what was edible and now you are getting back OP! We do know what to do....I just have to find that willpower that I lost awhile back. There was once a day/time that you could not pay me to touch a non-legal food item....now I'm sniffing them out. I think I'm on a roll and will do better this week.

Monet: What day next week is your surgery?

Country: You s/b so proud of yourself!! You'll see those 140's well before your birthday!!! Oh, and by the way....stay away from those artificially colored, flavored, salty, hudrogenated Cheetos....their not good for you .

Not much else here.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #36  

I had a good lunch with lots of veggies which always make me feel good. I added some shrimps to sauteed the asparagus and also added some mushrooms, onions, spinach and cherry tomatoes to the brown rice and they were good.

Some replies :

TONI : I love staying at home and do nothing...lol, but then again, there is always something to do at home Hope you manage to take care the business you set out to do. I am going to make the beef stew later in my stove pot instead of crockpot since I will be at home plus it takes a shorter time.

MONET : WTG on getting some work done. I am ashame to report that I have done nothing except making lunch but I am going working after this...lol, hopefully.

BOB : Sorry you are not feeling good. Hope the antibiotic helps and put you back in a good health. LOL...I was thinking to myself on Sunday as I should have known that I couldn't buy any alcohol as I just got out from the church...LOL. Anyway...

Okay, I am outta here and will back to catch up on the rest of the posts later.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #37  

PANCHO: My surgery is this Thursday...at 8am. Tomorrow is my pre-op appointments with the doctor and hospital.

KENG: I got the red beans and sausage in the crockpot and turned on...and the kitchen counters a bit cleaned. There is still a lot of mess to get cleaned up, but I feel like I did make some progress today. Oh yikes! I am supposed to make oat bran muffins today too! ai yi yi! Now I am feeling almost sick and I am going to lay down for a few before I do anymore work!

BOB: You poor baby! I hope the antibiodics do the trick and you are all better soon!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, I was totally bummed after stepping on the scale this AM. Let me backtrack..yesterday, I weighed in the middle of the day and it said 163(still up 4), so I figured it would be down from that. WRONG! Even with a good day of eating yesterday and exercise, I was at 165 this AM. Totally pissed. I figured that some of it has to be TOM related, but I'm not as puffy today as yesterday. I also haven't had the best eating day today. But I've managed to keep it legal. I spent the majority of today in town. First, I found out that the Health Dept has flu shots for chronic kids only. So off we go this AM, was there 2 hours. Boogie screamed and I had to hold him down for the shot. Then I went to a couple of thrift stores, Family Dollar, and Wendy's. I had too many diet cokes while in town and not enough water. Trying to make up for that now. I found my Halloween costume at the thrift store for 2 bucks...I'm going to be McDonald's fries,lol. I figured I dressed as a hippy last year, why not dress up this year as well. Not doing much right now. I keep feeling hungry and know there is NO WAY I should be, so I'm trying to keep occupied.

COUNTRY- I'm totally jealous!!
Jack-k- 4 pounds of fat or fluid, you're still 4 pounds lighter, way to go!

My sucky menu:

BF- chicken salad sandwich
Lunch- Taco Supremo salad from Wendy's minus the chips
Snack- 2 SF Russell Stover pecan delights(too much fat)
Snack-(again)- several bites of chicken salad
Supper- will be beans and sausage, not that I need any more starches, but it's already cooked in the crockpot!

I also feel guilty about not getting in my morning workout. But I'll try to teach a good exercise class to justify it.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:42 PM   #39  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I'm back, but still not feeling good. I don't think I'm going to work tomorrow. I don't have any time left after vacation, but when I weigh feeling bad vs day without pay, the feeling bad wins...it seems to me that I've been sick on and off a lot lately, I think I need a complete work over..and suggestions?????

MONET..My heart and prayers will be with you Thursday. I know you'll feel like a new woman..Kate says it's the best thing she ever did..

Sorry I have no replies...I'm hitting the four poster!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:07 PM   #40  

Evening! Small group is over...the last member left a few minutes ago. The red beans and rice were a hit. They ate it all! Thankfully, a few members did not show up or we might have run out!

I got to sit and hold the baby during the whole meeting. She just slept in my arms...such a sweet, sweet little bundle she is!

I ate red beans and rice, and some salad for dinner. Not too much... Then after group was over and we were chatting with one guy, I made oat bran muffins and ate 2 of them! Tomorrow, I am going to probably eat very lightly, like soup and try to go to bed with no supper. I am not supposed to eat or drink after midnight, so I will try and get plenty of water in before that. I will know more after my preop visits tomorrow morning!

I will check in when I get home!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:37 AM   #41  

Evening all. Got home around 6 tonight from up north in Ione. My SIL lives up there and we try to get up there a few times a year to visit. She lost her dh about 10 years ago now. She is such a super lady. So all day was spent visiting.

Eating was not off plan.....but I didn't get any lunch, and had a glass of Lambrusco wine. Tasted sooooo sweet and all it did was dry my mouth out. Was able to grab an apple and then when we got home I had a bowl of ham hocks and pinto beans that I had put in the crock-pot this morning. (More like a bowl and a half.) They were great.....love ham and beans!!

Tomorrow we are going into town and pick up my Mom's new furniture. It came in a lot faster than we thought it would get here. Will also stop by my Sis's place and help her winterize her fifth wheel trailer. (My dh is such a dear to all these women in my family.) Shirley's husband is a long haul drivers so is gone most of the time. She drove as his partner until she couldn't pass her DOT physical anymore. She has COPD. (And is too stubborn to quit smoking)
So this week he has helped my Grandma, Mom, and Sister. And spent the day visiting his SIL. What a doll huh??

My poor menu for the day--

B-- 1 slice homemade WW bread with 2 T NSA peanut butter and 1 oz SF Raspberry Jam, Lite 85.

Snack- Nothing
L-- Nothing

Snack--apple / glass of wine
D-- 1 1/2 bowls of ham hocks and beans. 1/2 c SF jello.

On to some replies......

Jack-k-- Congrats on your 4 pound loss!! I just know that you are going to get your numbers back.That 151 will be yours before you know it. With all that you have gone through these last few months, I think you have done fantastic. Even though your numbers may be a bit up, you never let your guard down and just said "to h3ll** with it" You stood pretty darn firm. I admire you more than you will ever know Jackie. You are an inspiration to all of us. Good bless you. For the winter when I can't walk, I am dragging in my stationary bike. Compared to walking in the fresh air, this sucks!!

Monet-- Want me to come crack the whip?? Just kidding......looks like you already got your tush in gear. Just don't wear yourself out before your surgery. Get some rest, this may take a bit out of you.

Keng-- That is too funny about the wine. When I was in New Mexico they couldn't sell alcohol on Sunday's either, but I would alway see my Uncle (Him and my Aunt owned a guest ranch in Glenwood) packing a case of beer out to the shed where a car would be waiting. he he.

Toni-- I started using this recipe for pie crust......

2 c sifted WW pastry flour
2/3 cup cold butter
1 tsp salt
5 - 7 T ice cold water

Sift together flour and salt. Cut 1/3 c butter into flour and salt mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Cut in remaining butter. Add cold water 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture forms a ball. Divide and pat each half into a circle and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (I put each circle of dough between wax paper) Roll out first half and line bottom of pie pan. Roll out second half and use for top crust.

BOB-- Hope you will start feeling better. I am just getting over a bout with allergies too. My nose has been running like a facet. Get some rest!!

Country-- ((((HUGS)))) I know just what you mean......I have reached a low and grabbed a handful or two of dh's trailmix as soon as I stepped off the scales. Why do we do this to ourselves?? Subconsciously are we rewarding ourselves for finally reaching a new low weight, or is it that we are afraid of that new low???

Pancho-- Thanks for the kinds words.....I know that you can get back on track. You are a tower of strength, and a great supporter for each of us. THANKS FOR BEING YOU!!

Laurie-- I wouldn't worry too much about that weight if you are staying legal. Those darned old scales can vary by 5 to 7 pounds each day!! And depending on when you weigh. Just think of all you put in your body at a meal, and then go jump on the scales...... Just stick to your guns, and get that water in!! The water is probably the most important thing!! Hang tough!!
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:46 AM   #42  

Just a fly by. I am all dressed and ready to leave, waiting on Tom, who is notoriously late. Grrr... We have to go to the doctor's, then the hospital. I have my list of questions, and I only feel a bit nervous. Just had a whey protein smoothie made with milk and some frozen cherries for breakfast. I want to eat really light today....

Later!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:44 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Wed morning.

I have to run out to a meeting so this is short. The rain held up last night so DH insisted we get our 3 mile walk in. I wanted to workout instead and give my legs a rest. They are still hurting. My steak turned out great, we just added carrots and green beans and some fruit cocktail.

The scale is down 4 more today. Wish it were fat instead of water. Hopefully that will come soon. Two leagal days behind me. Now to make it through the weekend.

Toni, Mock cornbread? Gotta have that recipe. Have you tried it? We need the rain to but it is so gloomy and cold.

Ken, interested to see if you can tell a difference with the wine. Let us know.

Monet, I will be thinking about you tomorrow, and sending big prayers especially around 8:00. Hoping everything goes well and you will be back on here quickly. How long do you have to stay in the hospital?

Bob, what kind of back injections are you getting? epidurals? Sorry to hear you are sick again. Hopeyou feel better today.

Country, bad girl. You know better. Cheetos are my favorite too and I would have a hard time avoiding them. Keep thinking about that 150 and the 149 close behind it the next time you are tempted.

Nat, one legal day behind you plus all that exercise. You will be fine. It is hard to find the motivation once it's gone, that is why it is better never to cheat. I wish it were that easy.

Heart, you know that scale is fickle so don't let it get you down. Keep on the right path and you will feel better and it will come back down. Cute costume. Why not be something you can't eat. Some satisfaction.

Teensy, I hate it when I miss a meal, then I am starving and looking for anything to eat. You did great though. I like Lambrusco wine, it is the only red wine I like, mainly b/c it is sweet. Thanks for the sweet words.

Hungry so going to eat my ww muffin and go to my meeting. Hope to be back later. Have a great OP day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #44  

Where is everyone at today? It is pretty slow this morning.

I have done well the past few days. I worked out M,T & W. I plan to do my Ramp It Up tomorrow and get to the gym Friday & Saturday. If I do that...that will make 6 days of exercise this week.

I stayed OP yesterday, but had very big portion sizes. The scale said 121.5# this morning, but TOM is around the corner...I always like to use that as an excuse.

I ended up making a taco salad out of the chili last night. I took a large bed of lettuce and topped with crushed flax chips, then added the chili, lite cheese, and salsa mixed with lite sour cream. It was delicious, but way toooo BIG.

Today, so far I have had:

BF: 1/2 Trioplex bar (after workout)
Snack: Spelt biscuit w/smart balance and apricot preserves (all legal).
Water: Approx. 30 ounces

Monet: Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I will be praying that all goes well during surgery, and that you have an easy-as-possible recovery. I bet you can't wait to be a grandma; you seem to be so fond of all those little babies you come in contact with.

Heart: Sorry the scale hasn't been kind to you lately. I think we need to send our scales to some "kindness" classes or camp . I'm glad you were able to find a flu shot for Boogie.

BOB: I hope you feel better soon. My only suggestions/advice would be to eat right, exercise and maybe go get a full physical. Hang in there.

Teensy: I wouldn't be able to exist on the amount of food you ate yesterday. I would get too light-headed. It's a good thing you didn't go overboard at dinnertime...way to go! Thanks for the kind words..I'm feeling more in control today, getting a few good days under my belt and a lot of exercise.

Jack-K: I too wish it were that easy. We are back on the right track now...it's just staying there that is the tough part. BUT, we will perservere and we will do it!!

I have the self-cleaning going on the oven; it's supposed to take 4 hours. Lane and I will go run a few errands this morning, so we don't have to smell it. I have everything opened up to air it out. It's not that bad, but I don't like us being here to inhale any possible fumes.

Our Mom's Club is meeting at Wildflower Bread Company today at 3:30 for a craft and free cookies and milk for kids, so we will pick up Britt from school and go to that.

Well, I better get going.

Have a great day.
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #45  

Good morning...

It has been cloudy for about a week and the sky would threatened to rain but we get none...sighh. I have slowly watering all the trees and plants which I am not fond of. I am finally making that beef stew and it simmering away on the stove now. Will see how it turns out. Here's my menu for today :

Breakfast : 1 ww toast with a chicken patti. Water.

Snack : Fruits

Lunch : Beef stew over pasta and a salad or veggies.

Snack : Mixed fruits.

Dinner : Hopefully they wil be leftover beef stew left or I will have to think of something.

Some replies :

MONET : Red beans and sausage sounds yummy! Next time you will have to cook more so you have some leftover too. Oh, I bet it will taste much better the next day. I am sure you can't wait to get tomorrow over with. I will be praying for you. You will be such a great grandmother when the time comes. Hope your appointment at the dr goes well today and put your doubts at ease.

HEART : Did you and Monet talked about what to cook for dinner co'z she made red beans and sausage too Don't look back now, just keep making good choices and eventually the lbs will melt off.

BOB : Sorry you are not feeling good. No money in the world is attractive when you are feeling yucky, so rest away and build up your immune system. {{hugs}}

TEENSY : Looks like you will be busy blessing people in your lives, what a great thing to do LOL@the beer. Too funny!

JACK-K : Down 4 lbs, WTG! Water or not, it is awesome! My beef stew is simmering away on the stove so will see how it turns out.

PANCHO : WTG on your exercises! Wow, great numbers before Tom, see, you know how to get back on track, great job! Have fun at the Mom's Club tonight.

Alright, better get off my butt and do some housework.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote