Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Of the following below, which do you seem to obsess most over?
Weight 5 26.32%
Money 4 21.05%
Appearance 5 26.32%
Food 4 21.05%
Family 1 5.26%
Work 0 0%
Possessions 0 0%
The Scale 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2004, 07:39 AM   #31  

Good Morning everyone! I am on my second cup of coffee already...I actually remembered to set the auto-brew so Tom could have a cup when he got up, and bring me one too! I heated up a ww croissant, and ate that too, cause my tummy was growling. A piece of fruit would probably have been a better choice. I think the croissants are not 100% ww....so I was bad. I had too many starches yesterday, and now its going to be hard to keep them down today, cause of what I have planned for the dinner tonight. We are going to have about 12 people here for small group, so I am making pasta, and maybe two different sauces with different things they can toss on the pasta. Kind of like a pasta bar.... My dining room table only seats 10 comfortably, so we will have to eat more informally if everyone shows up.

I did not sleep too well last night, so today may be hard. I am planning on going to Curves a bit later this morning. That will help, I am sure!

I will be back later to write some replies! I hope everyone does super today!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:37 AM   #32  

Default Howdy

Rosalie - darn it, cannot get away from this bad weather anywhere can we!!!! That is too funny, and so familiar about the 13 yr old gs!!!

Monet - ww croissant sounds really good, and I too am on my 2nd cup of coffee - Boss bought us a Sanseo (sp?) coffee maker that makes that foaming coffee...new toy...it has kept me away from all the sodas - trying to drink more water instead ....

Well, I hear my Southern Floridian friends are going to be doused today with heavy storms and rain...and supposedly not heading this way today - but will be here possibly tomorrow...yuch!!!!!

Cross your fingers that the viewers of the house today are impressed...or interested...a realtor is coming by at Noon with someone. I made sure to have some lovely new flowers on the coffee table and "good presentation" like the House Doctor suggests... even put some cute little potted Baby Mums in the kitchen window...with a piece of Italian pottery that my father bought me for my birthday.

Talk about obsessing - here I go again....

Better get back to work. Sabrina
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesda Morning,

Has to be a quickie, I am in the middle of payroll.

Did get about 25 mintues of wt training in last night. It was hard to work out and blow your nose at the same time. I didn't want to overdo either.

Hoping tonight we can get a walk in too. I had planned to do the TM this morning, but I didn't sleep well and didn't want to get up when the alarm went off.

Melf, hope you are feeling better today.

Bob, low carb potato? I don't care how much it is. I saw where they are deveoping a low carb corn. Yeah! Never heard that expression before. Tell kate, it hard for me not to fan around.

Monet, you had better eat up all that good food before the kids get back. Enjoy. ww croissants? Yum Try some shea butter at Boath & Body. It is great for rough feet.

Toni, WTG staying on program. Hope today is as good.

Gator, it kills that all those steps burn so little calories. Good peaches are few and far between. But when you get a good one, yum!

Fruit, Yeah for you exercising. Now make today OP!

Tranquil, Where do you get those Dr Krackers? Saying a prayer the buyer love your house.

Country, what a pretty horse. Glad you found someone to walk with

Rosalie, Hope you have a great day.

BF; Special K and fiber one with strawberries, 1/2 c oj and cranberry juice mixed.
Lunch 1/2 roast beef sandwich and apple.
Dinner: Chicken marsala. If I print off a recipe and get ambitious.

Have a great OP Day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, or any of you other cookers:

Anyone have a good chicken marsala recipe?
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #35  
Bustin' Buddy

Good Morning!

I ate a legal breakfast!! YIPPEE! Now, just 2 meals to go! HAHA!

MONET: We have a Shapes to Shapes which is the exact same thing as Curves. I joined when it opened years ago and hated it. I didn’t like going around in a circle and doing the same things over and over again. There’s a Curves in Houma – which is about 20 minutes away but I really don’t think there is any difference between the two. I’ll just stick to the bike for now!

TRANQUIL: I see…..that sounds like a good deal and it would be much better for travel to work when the new office opens! Hopefully, things will work out for you! Actually, the first house I lived in when I was a kid was for sale recently. My dad actually built the house the year before I was born. I was thinking of selling this one and moving into that one. It’s about the same square footage and it was only 1 story. But, I would have to sell this one first and the owners didn’t have time to wait. I actually went to see it and it brought back SOOO many memories. We sold that house because my mom and dad had separated and my mom had cancer. She needed money to live off of because she couldn’t work. Then we built the house that I live in now. So, that house brought back all of those memories of my mom – she died when I was 13. So, I really wanted it! But, it sold…I knew it would because they were only selling it for 195,000 and it was worth over 225,000. I think they just wanted out cause her husband has cancer and she couldn’t care for the house and him any longer. So, I lost out…..

COUNTRY: Way to go on passing on those cookies! I’m so proud of you! I don’t have that problem of late night eating – I’m always in bed early – like 9:00. I’m a Maw Maw!

ROSALIE: I’m kind of shaky on that bike myself. I’m so scared that I will fall – I watch every little bump or crack. I also make Terry ride in back of me because I don’t want him to do something that causes me to fall! I also want him in back of me so that people don’t look at my big butt! HAHA!

JACK-K: I’ve got a visual of you working out and blowing your nose 452 times! UGH! How miserable!

Well, let me run for now! I’ll check back in this evening. I’ve got to find something to do today – I don’t want to sit around in my chair watching TV all day again!

Missy
299.5/299/170
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #36  

Good morning. Just finished off a book I'd been reading and having my coffee. Don't know what the day has in store for me. But some how some way I need to start walking. I can't do allot of exercise but I sure could walk outside or on my treadmill. Breakfast was great had low carb speical K with fresh blueberries. Have no idea for lunch or dinner.

Monet- I'm so in envy of you finding all that good stuff. I've been looking for ww english muffins forever. And knowing they're out there makes me crazy. LOL. Do you cut the butter into the pie crust cold or room temp.? Did you post that and I missed it?

Tranquil- Your house sounds so pretty. With the mums in the window etc. I sure hope this is your buyer coming to look at it... Good luck.

Jack-K- Well you're inspireing me to walk. You do so much along with chemo its unbelieveable. And now Chicken Marsalis too... LOL.. Hope your day isn't to busy with payroll.

fruitloupe- I'm with you a good legal breakfast..... Now the rest of the day... We can do it....

Sorry I didn't apply to all the earlier posts. I get so far behind and its over whelming to me. I'm trying so hard just to come here every day please bare with me...... Hugs
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #37  
Little Engine That Could

Got my walk in today. 2 miles. 5330 steps. I'm taking a friend out for lunch today, so have to hurry and get ready.
Breakfast: shredded wheat n' bran, one peach, skimmed milk.
Lunch ?
Dinner: lump crab meat salad, avocado on lettuce with fresh grapefruit. Maybe bread.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:06 AM   #38  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Tried to get on Board last night and the page would not open.

I'll have to have a discussion with PT, there is one exercise that kills me. My shoulder was feeling pretty good and ever since I did a certain motion it has been bothering me.

For supper last night I fixed tuna steaks (they were on sale). It seems no matter how I have prepared them they always come out rather dry and I used a lot of butter this time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I got in the pool yesterday, I have been so lax. It has been difficult getting dressed and undressed so it seems like so much trouble, to get out of clothes into suit, out of suit back into clothes. Then yesterday I'm saying it's worth it. Also it's vanity I bet, don't like the body changes that came with my falling off the wagon and I feel uncomfortable with myself. Seems different when I looked this way and was losing, but to look this way because I regained some weight...not a happy camper with myself, and only I can fix it.

MONET: Take time for yourself while no one is around. Other things will wait, they always do. I'll do the cheat thing. Jealous you are able to find all those good things. We don't have any place that is like that. I loved TJs when I visited back east. Needed another suitcase to cary all the stuff I bought. 12 a small group!!!!!???? Altho I can remember cooking for 18-20 on a fairly regular basis. Family slept at MIL's but ate at our house.

ROSALIE: You were missed. Cheesecake variation sounds yummy. Yeah, blame it on the GKs, don't admit the zoo should be fun for you too! When I visited DD in HI we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. They had an Imax documentary. It was the first I had seen Imax and it was wonderful, it was like you were in the boats and under the sea. Loved it. Recently saw Harry Potter and you are just sucked in!

FRUIT: I'll bet that some of that weight gain is emotional too. Hey, resistance isn't one of my strong points either. And I wasn't talking about you specifically, it's all of us. Great to see more than one post from you.

JACKK: Along with everything else, you have to worry about even taking an OTC remedy. Everthing gets intertwined doesn't it? Wouldn't bother me not to be able to shop. I am not a shopper, it's just a necessary evil. Look on the recipe Board, I think I remember someone talking about Chicken Marsalas, or maybe they psted it on this board.

TONI: Wish cheats made me sick!

FILLISE: I love lazy days. there's just not enough of them! Besides if I have too many lazies I miss the busies!

MELF: Mary, Mary you know it helps to come here. I did the same, as you saw when we got together. I bought next size larger muumuus to accomodate my shoulder and they began to accomodate all of me! Once off the beaten path it's hard to find your way back. But you will. You have been inspiration to others and we forget to inspire ourselves. Let's do it together. I do the same with my back and general arthritis, first one place then another and at times all at once. After 40 it's just patch, patch, patch! Hope you get some relief. We need you!

COUNTRY: Another horse , is she a Quarterhorse? If I was only rich instead of good looking (I got cheated out of both so am in trouble) I'd travel and have horses.

TRANQUIL: Veg out days are fun. I have sold two houses in my lifetime and both took forever and each time I had to move. Sounds like you are re-evaluating your postion because of the lack of sale. Good luck, things usually work out for the best.

PANCHO: As I said after 40, patch, patch, patch! You will be spending a lot of time in doctor's waiting room and offices this week. Hope they all provide good conclusions. Each new step ahead leaves a bittersweet feeling, and sometimes apprehension about their future. All part of the process to the empty nest.

TEENSY: When I moved to LA my pie crusts went bupkus. Then I discovered that the humidity (not a problem in PA) affects baking. I've learned to adjust many baking projects because of it. I found that I needed to use a little more flour, less water doesn't work...don't ask me why! Also ice cold butter and water.So if you're have very high humidity, could be the problem. I used to use Crisco in my white flour dough, but like butter better in the ww.

GATOR: I agree about the poll.

BOB: Wish we could send you some of our rains. We are soged out!

Okay I did a bad thing this morning and am feelig it. I have to take some pills half hour or so before meals. I did that today but didn't have a meal! Sat down here and you know what happens. My stomach is upset now, but wanted to go through the poats as there are so many See y'all later.

May good things happen
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #39  

Wow, so excited to see all the posts. I just want to say to the newbies or anyone else out there, don't feel like you have to respond to all the posts. I won't feel bad if you don't acknowledge everything I talk about (I tend to get wordy at times). If that keeps you from coming on, than don't worry about it. I know when I first started posting, I felt like I had to acknowledge every post in order to feel justified asking questions and getting the feedback I needed. DON'T feel that way....just join in.

With that being said, we don't have too much planned here today. We will go out in the little kiddie pool in awhile. It is supposed to hit 114 degrees today....yeouch!

I did my 25 minute slim in 6 tape yesterday and plan to do it again today. Once I get the push-ups down on that one, I plan to move on to the next tape, which will be 40 minutes. I will probably be on that one for a long while before I move to the last one, which is 60 minutes. I also plan on going to the gym tomorrow a.m.

Gator: It stands to reason...if you eat less and move more, you will lose, but I don't necessarily agree with that, from my own personal experience. When I was on WW, I ate very little and worked out a lot, and lost very little. I did eat a lot of the "wrong" kinds of foods too. So, if you eat a little processed foods, sweet foods, etc. and exercise, you may lose some, but not a lot regardless of the calorie intake. When I started SB, and started eating MORE of the right foods and exercising at the same intensity, I started losing a lot!! I eat probably 500 more calories a day than I did when on WW, and have lost all the weight I needed to lose. I think it boils down to eating the right foods, in moderate amounts, and exercising intensely. Just my two cents, and probably not very well said. I hope your bloodwork comes back good. Lifting weights is such an awesome way to rev up your metabolism, and also to see those muscles that are waiting to shine through. I keep shaking up my exercise routine, so I can tone up some more...I'd rather look toned than just thin. I am sure you are working with a great personal trainer, but remember to give your muscles time to recover. If you worked your legs that hard in the garden, she shouldn't have you re-work them until 36-48 hours have passed, so those little tears have time to mend. With all the walking you are doing, and now lifting weights and eating right...you will start to see those pounds melt off, I hope. I agree with you about the poll; it is rare that I even vote. My computer is too slow and it takes too long.

Teensy: That trail mix can be addicting. Wow, I'd pick my own fruit for those prices; and get my exercise in too.

Jack-K: Are you planning to take a vacation once you are finished with your treatments? I'm only 3 1/2 years away from 40, so I guess it's about time for my body to rebel a little. Try to let yourself get better before pushing yourself too hard, you may end up setting yourself back in the long run. When you have a little time, you may want to punch in Transfer Point Beta Glucan in your search engine. My mom, who has cancer, is going to start taking it, and thought you may be interested in reading about it.

BOB: Gheez, enough is enough....a low-carb potato??? A potata is a potato is a potato....how in the world are they going to make it low-carb? When is Tippy going to meet sis? 500 MORE low-carb....gheez, I'd have to sleep in the kitchen.

Monet: Instead of thinking about how much money you spent, think about how happy your body is to get all that healthy food in there. Sounds like you got a lot of delicious stuff. Uncut Ziti sounds like fun; I'm sure the kids would get a kick out of that. I can't imagine the croissants being 100% WW, or they probably wouldn't be soft enough....but I'm sure they are yummy!

Toni: Great eating; keep it up!!

Fruit: Good girl for exercising....remember baby steps. There is no such thing as too little exercising. Yeah, I know...getting older stinks sometimes. I actually am just going to the derm. to have my moles checked because I have known a lot of people, younger than me, lately who have recently found moles that have been malignant. I don't have a lot of moles, but I lived out in the sun when I was younger. I was one of those teenagers that was always in the sun, with the baby oil, frying my skin. I have a few that are questionable, and then a few others that I just want him to look at. I also have a few tag moles I'd like to have removed. The gall bladder thing, I just suspect, but was cleared of having problems a few years ago. BUT, I get this ripping, tearing sensation in my upper right rib cage at times, and I don't know what else it can be. And the uterine prolapse, if that is even what it is, is due to giving birth. So, as bad as all that sounds, it could certainly be worse. Glad to see you posting again!!

Tranquil: Wow, sounds like a great cracker; I'll have to look for them at the Health Food store. I wonder how much wheat is in them, since I"m not supposed to be having wheat. Hope you find some takers on the house; you should throw a batch of cookies or muffins in the oven.

Country: See what good this board does?? Monet's subliminal messages stuck with you throughout the day. If you go to bed late, you should eat something later. As long as you don't eat 3 hours prior to going to bed, you s/b fine. If you go to bed at midnight, you should eat a little snack around 9 p.m.; that way your body doesn't go too long without food. Your body does most of its' fat burning once your body closes down for the night. Princess Gracie is beautiful.

Rosalie: Howdy!!

Sef: Hang in there; the weight will start coming off again!!

Well, this is a novel post, so I guess I will close for now.

Take care & have a great day!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:19 PM   #40  
Goddess

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Morning all–although it is only barely still morning. It has been one of those days where the phone has been ringing constantly. Oops, there it goes now!

Good day yesterday. Only off program food was watermelon, which although is very high in sugar it has so few calories as to have a small glycemic load. Besides, I can’t go through the summer without a slice or two of watermelon!

Gator–Your walking strategy sounds excellent! If you do that AND watch what you eat, you are bound to lose AND you will have a healthier heart and body! Where did you get your peaches? I got some SC peaches from a roadside stand in SC on the way to NC and they were WONDERFUL! I stopped at the same stand on the way home and got some more and they were awful. They never developed any taste for fragrance and I had to throw every one of them out! I was so disappointed because SC peaches are usually so wonderful. I’m sorry to hear that you had the same experience.

Jackie–I’m still going to the convention. Security is going to be very tight, so I haven’t really worried about any sort of danger. We’ve had to fill out all kinds of forms to get our credentials, so I’m confident we will be ok. Thanks for worrying about me! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Melf–Hope you are feeling better soon! WTG on your healthy eating!

BOB–Has Tippy met her sibling? Glad you are getting some rain, I’m grateful for the sunshine here!

Monet–I’m sooo jealous. I’ve got to find a day to get up there. I’m almost out of flour–which reminds me that it has been too long since I’ve seen you! I’ve still got tons of agave from my last visit, but you know I will always buy more!

Missy–WTG on the exercise!

Sabrina–good luck with the house!

Crystle–Princess Gracie is a beauty! WTG on those cookies!

Marie–hey to you too! Hope you have a great day today!

SEF–I know exactly what you mean about the body and how it olls depending on whether you are on the way up or the way down. I’m in the same position and HATE it! Even though I’m on the way down again, I’ve already done this stage and want to break new ground! We’ll get there!

Pancho–It’s ALL got to come together doesn’t it? Eating right AND exercise! Sheesh, I’m still waiting for that magic pill–LOL!

Teensy–Use Monet’s recipe for pie crust–it’s da b-omb!

Toni–See above!

Wow--Lots of action on the board yesterday and today!

I think I got everyone, but if I didn't, I'll catch you on the next post!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:43 PM   #41  

I was going to say Good Morning, but I see that it's already afternoon. I did get back to the chiropractor this am & have been on muscle relaxers since yesterday, so it seems like I'm starting to get a little relief from the back pain.

I've been able to pass up the little cheats I hd been doing. Can't really say that I'm 100% because I ate some watermelon last night, but other than that, have been doing better with the eating.

My mother, Alzhemier's disease, 76 & diabetic, has been in the hospital since Sunday. They thought she had pneumonia but it looks like gallstones. The surgeon saw her this am & will be doing surgery tomorrow am. I really hate the thought of her having surgery at her age & especially in her condition, but if it helps her to have a better quality of life! I just hope he can do it endoscopic instead of the large incision. I know with heavier people like Mom it's not always possible to do the endoscopic procedure. But we'll have to wait see.

SEF, thanks for the pep talk. I needed that. Don't over-do with that shoulder. Glad you were able to get to the pool. I'm trying to get back to the gym & the whirlpool. I think it would do allot of good.

Tranquil, yes the sinuses are finally better. My GP told me yesterday that he still sees some swelling & of course I had that bout with the fever & sore throat last week end which he feels was sinus related, but it's definitely improved!

Fruit, horrah for you exercising & doing better with your eats! Girl you've got a great area to ride that bike. YellowRose & I sure did enjoy our daily walks in your lovely neighborhood during our visit to your home.

Poncho, I do feel overwhelmed at times trying to reply to posts & addressing everyone, but I can't always do it as I'm not only a slow reader, but also my typing skills are not great & the time it takes to address everyone, so I do what I can. I hate not replying to all & that is sometimes the reason I stay away. But I'll do what I can.

Jack-k, so sorry to hear that you're still under the weather. You should really try to get some rest & not push yourself so hard. Yea, & you're probably saying that's easier said than done. My boss is pressuring me to get back to work which I was suppose to do this week, but then the back... anyway, she called this am again so I said that I will TRY Thursday. Not sure if my back will handle it, but I have to try.

Gator, way to go on the walking!!

Toni, I know...it's hard to get back to the exercising once you stop. I know I always feel better when I'm walking & really NEED to get back to it.

Monet, I LOVE when DH makes the coffee in the AM. I really miss that sweet gesture when he doesn't have the time to make it. Your pasta bar sounds like a good choice! Hope all goes well with your group.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #42  

Susan, we were posting at the same time! I know what you mean about having to have a little watermelon during the summer. It wasn't much & I agree, it doesn't seem like it should be on the list since it's mostly water & low in cals!

Rosalie, sorry I had missed your post. Sounds like you're having a great time with those grandkids! WTG!
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #43  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon ya'll.

Coming in for my daily dose of the SB board. It truly makes a difference in my day. Plus it is such a blessing to read and see how everyone is doing. I ended up having a few sour dough pretzels before bed last night. I didn't want to go to bed that hungry. Which is good since I missed breakfast. Life can be so hectic at times.

Monet...your pasta party sounds fun. I love choices when it comes to eating. I think that comes from the way mama always had so many things cooked at one meal. Of course I didn't choose I just ate it all.

Poncho...hope all turns out well at the doctors. We hit the hay about 1 or 2 but I still prefer not to eat after 8. It used to be 7 but that is just too hard with our schedules now.

Sef....if we were rich I think we would own a gazillion horses and a ton of land. Good thing we are totally broke. The critters we have now are a handful. The ranch we picked Princess Gracie up from was high dollar with all kinds of neat things like round pens, a decent barn, arenas ect. I couldn't imagine not having to scrimp and save just to get a piece of new tack. Praying for that shoulder. And WTG getting into the pool. Yes, you are worth it.

Melf..sorry to hear that your mama is having to go through this right now. Praying for you both.

Susan...A little watermelon aint bad at all. Hope the phone calls slow down and give you a break today.

Gator...you are an inspiration with all that walking. How do you keep the pedometer from adding extra steps while bending and doing things? Or do you just wear it when you walk. I need to start using mine.

Toni...you can do it...today is your day. Even if it's only a few steps. That will be a few more steps than yesterday. ((hugzz))

Jack-K....what a visual with the lifting weights and blowing your nose. Praying you start feeling better soon.

Tranquil...praying they like the house and actually want it.

Gotta scoot for a bit.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Gotta make this quick- first things first...NOPE, I did NOT make it thru the weekend I totally went overboard on Sunday. It wasn't pretty. I keep letting my hubby sabatoge me. But he doesn't realize that when I cheat, I just keep on. Anyway, I've been legal this week so far. But way too many starches. Yesterday I pigged out on carb freedom ice cream. I have to stay away from that, just too much fat. Today I pigged out on trisuits and peanut butter. I'm trying but I gotta quit this snacking. I'll try to control what I eat for the remainder of the day. I have exercise class this evening, so I need to go and cook some chili...Just letting you guys know I'm still around, here but struggling at times!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:44 PM   #45  

Hi everyone,

I am trying to come back here but everytime I do, the board picks up...lol. Pancho's post is right on for me, I really couldn't keep up with all the posts and didn't want to leave anyone out either. I lurked whenever I can to catch up on all the posts but would like to do more than just read. If you all don't mind, I will sneak in here slowly and come here whenever I can.

Will try to post here again later tonight. I have certainly enjoyed all your lively posts

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote