Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you were 65yrs old & at your current weight, would you be okay being that weight?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 8 57.14%
Over 65, so I'd just like to be 65 again! 0 0%
Be happy at any weight if I get to 65! 0 0%
Really not sure 2 14.29%
Not 65, but would at 75! 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2004, 01:51 AM   #61  

Howdy ladies. Not much doing this weekend. Went and picked cherry Saturday morning before going to my Grandma's house. We have our weekly potluck there in the summer when it is nice. Her home is too small for everyone, so we sit outside in the summer and go to Mom's when the weather is nasty. Anyway ended up with 38 pounds of the sweetest largest cherries I have seen for a long time. The branches were so loaded that I didn't have to use a ladder much. Just stood on the ground and picked clusters of them. Froze most of them today, and will snack on the rest. I probaby had more than I should have, but I guess it is better than eating more fudge or a Snicker's bar.

Planning on picking huckleberries again on Tuesday, and then they are opening up for U-pick raspberries on Wednesday morning. I am only picking enough raspberries for jam. Our bushes are producing enough for us to eat and to freeze. After I pick the raspberries I have a lunch date with a gal from another board. We found out that we are only around 25 miles from each other. That should be fun and I am really looking forward to it.

Eating has been okay.....I feel like I am not as committed as I have been in the past and it really bothers me. I am not really cheating.....just eating more than I should. Snacking on too many nuts, or eating a couple of SF chocolates. Today has been way too many cherries. One good thing is that they are all I snacked on. LOL.

On to some replies....

Monet-- Do you like salsa?? Or maybe some Gazpacho?? Or would you want to be canning?? I have heard that you can freeze them to use later in soups and chili's. Worth a try if you have the room.

Sef-- I can't believe that I have really gotten into this. I remember my Mom spending all summer doing this and I swore I would never spend my summer that way, lol. Now I can't wait for my garden to produce so I can preseve our efforts!! And I won't have to buy any fruit or jam this winter!!

BOB-- I do plan on making a huckleberry pie. Dh would skin my alive if I didn't make him one. The ice cream was just a memory from my past.....it really was good! I was thinking of rhurbarb and huckleberries......how does that sound?? That is after the plain old huckleberry pie of course. Glad to hear Tippy is doing so well. "All You Need Is Love".

Goof-- WTG on the loss. 2 more is fantastic!! Look how fast you are shrinking, doesn't it feel wonderful??

Jackie-- 4 days is okay, but I would prefer 5, but for the last couple of weeks my hips have really been hurting come Friday. Don't know if I am overdoing or not?? Congrats on the 6 days, that is fantastic!! You never cease to amaze me.

Crystal-- We think you are great too. Thanks for the encouragement!!

That's all folks.....nighty night.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote