Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you were 65yrs old & at your current weight, would you be okay being that weight?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 8 57.14%
Over 65, so I'd just like to be 65 again! 0 0%
Be happy at any weight if I get to 65! 0 0%
Really not sure 2 14.29%
Not 65, but would at 75! 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #46  

Smile Hi all!

Hi all,

Thought I'd saunter over and introduce myself on the SB board finally. You all seem to know each other so well, it's a little intimidating! Anyway, I've been on the 3fc site for about a week or so now. I've been following Sugar Busters pretty religiously now for about two weeks, and the week before that I did the South Beach Diet for a week. It was pretty awful. I DID lose almost 7 lbs. that first week (I know, water weight) but couldn't stand all the preparation and most of the recipes. Several years ago I lost 35 lbs. in 3 months on SB (with exercise too, of course) and know that it works and is a very comfortable lifestyle for me. I kept that weight off for over a year, but then started packing it back on, and then some, when I got lazy and over-confident. Right now I want to lose about 40-45 lbs. and get down to about 20-25% body fat. I think when I was at my fittest I was like 17% bf. Ah, the good ol' days! Anyway, that's the skinny (ha ha ha...) Would like to get to know you all and share this journey with you! Anyone out there around my age (27) and amount of weight to lose, I'd be especially happy to hear from you and how the program is working for you. Have a great weekend everyone!

sw: 202, 42% bf
cw: 190, 39% bf
gw: 145, 20% +/- bf
goofgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #47  

GOOF: Welcome! I LOVE your avatar! Aw, he is SO cute! purrrrrr.. We don't mean to be intimidating. We love for new people to join us so we can to pull them into the fold here. Its a great group of very caring ladies...and occasional gentleman... I have more like 65 pounds to lose...I have lost about 45 already. I have thyroid and insulin problems, so losing is rather difficult. Its taken a long time...like several years. I am a bit older than you, but I like younger people. I don't even care if they are tattooed, and pierced! I hope you stick around and join our group. We all need all the support we can get!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 PM   #48  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Busy day again. Had doctor appt. He scheduled me for another 6 weeks of PT. The shoulder pain is improving and he wants to see if we can avoid surgery. He said I;ll never be able to get that cup of coffee into the microwave, but surgery will not change function just the pain.

After that a brief sit at home and then off to PT, followed by a quickie visit to WD that cost $63!!! Grocery trips may be quick but not cheap!

I made Veal Scallopini for supper. I found veal on sale. It was so good and sooooooo easy. 6-8 veal slices, 2 onions sliced, 3 cloves garlic minced, 2 boxes baby portabello mushrooms, ww flour, red cooking wine, oregano, salt, coarse ground pepper, olive oil. Dredge slices in flour that has been mixed w/ oregano, salt, pepper. Brown in oil. place in casserole. In same pan, saute onions, garlic, mushrooms lightly, add cup or so of wine, sti lightly and pour over slices in casserole. Bake 350' about 35 min. Serve over moodles or rice. Delish. Could dp the same using chicken filets, only I'd use white wine. Could add some sliced pepper. No real amounts, we all cook and I go by guess or by God.

In between I did some wash. Needless to say I am tired.

MONET: Yep, I use a couple of eggs. Just gives it a little more body than just the cheese. I think cheddar has a higher melting temp so won't work the same. You're so busy, remember to breathe once in a while! Hey. I just read your last post! I don't think you're breathing!!!!!

JACKK: You are amazing! Yes I usuallu get heat before the workout and ice afterwards. It really helps. Hope the new meds work for you.

TONI: Glad nothing serious with your dog. Ours has a couple of those lumps and vet says the same thing.

FILLISE: I love the Smithsonian. There are so many things to see! Enjoy your sightseeing, DC is certainly the place to see it. I would like to see the new memorial someday.

Tried to post before but for some reason wasn't succeeding.

GOOF: Welcome. You'll find a good group here. Don't be inimidated, we were all new once and were welcomed with open arms. You will be too! I make jokes that I am the old lady of the board. I lost 70#, then due to health reasons ( a likely excuse) and a few emotional issues I fell off the wagon and gained about 30 back. But these dear folks just made me haul *** back up here. I am struggling but hanging in. the gain is not the fault of SB, but my own weaknesses.

FF:

Quotes...
"Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand."Woody Allen
"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL."
Lynn Lavner

"Sex is one of the nine reasons for incarnation. The other eight are unimportant."
George Burns

"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps." Tiger Woods
Jack Nicholson

"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." Barbara Bush (Former US First Lady, and you didn't think Barbara had a sense of humor)

"Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place." Billy Crystal

"According to a new survey, women say they feel more comfortable undressing in front of men than they do undressing in front of other women. They say that women are too judgmental, where, of course, men are just grateful." Robert De Niro

"There's very little advice in men's magazines, because men think, 'I know what I'm doing. Just show me somebody naked'." Jerry Seinfeld

It's been so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom."
Joan Rivers

" You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman. Stuff you pay good money for in later life." Elmo Phillips

" It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married."
George Burns
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cats rule

A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening. They turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.
They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxiarrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house. The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house. They don't want the cat shut in the house because she always tries to
eat the bird.

The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit. Waiting in the cab, the wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty for the night. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon. "He's just going upstairs to say good-bye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long,"he says, as they drive away. "Stupid ***** was hiding under the bed. Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off so I grabbed her by the neck. Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I hauled her fat ***
downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"
The cab driver hit a parked car...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A twenty-one-year-old girl tells her Mom that she has missed her period for two months. Very worried, the mother goes to the drugstore and buys a pregnancy kit. The test result shows that the girl is pregnant.
Shouting, cursing, crying, the mother says, "Who was the pig that did this to you? I want to know!"
The girl picks up the phone and makes a call. Half an hour later a Ferrari stops in front of their house; a mature and distinguished man with gray hair, impeccably dressed in a very expensive suit, steps out of the car and enters the house.
He sits in the living room with the father, the mother and the girl, and tells them, "Good morning, your daughter has informed me of the problem. I can't marry her because of my personal family situation, but I'll take charge. If a girl is born, I will bequeath her two retail
stores, a townhouse, a beach villa and a $1,000,000 bank account. If a boy is born, my legacy will be a couple of factories and a $2,000,000 bank account. If it is twins, a factory and $1,000,000 each. However, if there is a miscarriage, what do you suggest I do?"
At this point, the father, who had remained silent, places a hand firmly on the man's shoulder and tells him, "Then you try again."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First, Second and Third Babies....Your Clothes:

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.
PREPARING FOR THE BIRTH:

1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time, breathing didn't do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

The Layette:

1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean & discard only the ones with the darkest stains.

3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries:

1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Pacifier:

1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.

2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.

3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Diapering:

1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need it or not.

2nd baby: You change their diaper every two to three hours, if needed.

3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

Activities:

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.

3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out:

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.
At Home:

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

Swallowing Coins (a favorite):

1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand x-rays.

2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.

3rd child: When third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his allowance!!

Pass this on to everyone you know who has children... or everyone who KNOWS someone who has had children... (the older the mother, the funnier this is!)
Okay time to relax. Think I'll try some stitching.

May good things happen

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:59 AM   #49  

Good evening all-- Not much happening today. A bit of grocery shopping and freezing my huckleberries. Cut a bunch of fresh lettuce from the garden, boy it sure makes for great salads.

Didn't exercise today.....think I have been overdoing it. My hips have sure been bothering me. But I did get in 4 good days, so I think it will be okay.

Eating was pretty scimpy yesterday, but I think I made up for it today. Nothing illegal, just seemed like alot. But as I type it out, it really wasn't!

B--1/2 Grapefruit, 1/2 c Fiber One, 1/4 c FF milk, Lite 85.

Snack--1 c grapes

L-- Low carb wrap, ham, Pepperjack cheese with lettuce, tomato and onion. 1 T lite mayo, 2 tsp mustard. Couple of SF peanut butter cups.

S--apple

D-- Grilled cod, dinner salad, green beans. 1/2 c SF Pudding with 4 T FF Cool Whip.

Here are a few replies.....

Sef-- I wouldn't have it any other way. I love living out here. We lived in town for many years, and I wouldn't move back for anything. I will even put up with the slow dial up connections, lol. Hope you don't over do with the arm.

Monet-- This was actually the first time I ever picked. I love the berries, but never had anyone to go with and show me where to get them. It was back breaking, but I froze 6 pounds,13 oz of berries this morning. They are sure going to make a nice pie or cobbler. Sounds like you guys do things the way we do......friends come over to help out, and we always furnish the beer and the food. Sometimes the beer would be the biggest expense, lol. But you will enjoy the new deck!! How many more cakes to go??

Jackie-- I am happy to hear that your treatment went okay this time. Only a couple more to go.....you have done a great job. Hope you know that we are all proud of you and are behind you 100%. Huckleberry shakes are the BOMB!! (Haven't had one for years, but they are soooo good!!)

Toni-- Glad to hear your puppy dog is okay. Enjoy your Birthday trip. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Fillise-- Sounds like you are having a good time. Is this the trip you are taking with your Dad??

Well, on to bed for me....early rising so I can go pick cherries. Sweet dreams!!

Goofgirl-- Welcome, this is a great place to be. We all started out as newbies.....these gals just grab you and pull you right in. You won't regret it. We all like to give support and recieve as well. Good luck on your journey.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:23 AM   #50  

Good Morning!

Tom is outside already preparing things for working on the deck. One of the guys in our small group called last night to say he will be able to be here. Yay! It won't be a large group, but even just one other than Tom is going to help.

I need to get my morning routine done here, so I can be ready to dash over to the cake supply place and get my boards and boxes for the cake. Thankfully, this is the last wedding cake I have taken and according to Tom, it will be the last until Laura or James gets married! He will probably relent, but I better wait a long time before I take another order.

The weather is beautiful here, a great day for working on the deck! Yesterday, I picked two cukes, a handful of squash, and a handful of green beans. Still no ripe tomatoes! I am SO afraid they are all going to get ripe at once and I am going to be inundated with tomatoes. TEENSY: Any suggestions for using up too many ripe ones? Do you freeze them, or anything? I will give some away, but I want to be prepared!

SEF: I LOVED the funnies! They were new ones to me!

I will check in later if I can!
Old 07-10-2004, 11:42 AM   #51  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Well, I am up, but feel so lazy! I slept good last night too, didn't even wake up for a bathroom trip. I feel like I could go back to bed! Not sick, just LAZY!!!!! I've even had my :coffee and still

Nothing really planned for today. Should vacuum and dust as I didn't do it yesterday. It'll be there when I get to it! Didn't stitch last night so maybe today.

TEENSY: I love to read about your picking,canning, freezing, etc., as I've said before it brings back fond memories of my married life When I moved from my wide spot in the road to Milford, PA I thought I had moved to the city. The town actually had one traffic light, a grocery, drugstore, doctor, dentist, all in walking distance.....the town only a mile square! It also had five bars and five churches, sort of kept things even! If you wanted to do REAL shopping you had a half hour drive and the choice of three states. A wonderful place to live and bring up children. Everyone knew everyone and watched over each other...sometimes out of nosiness but most of the time out of caring for your neighbor. I miss it, Slidell is so large it's rather impersonal.

MONET: Tom might have the right idea. Seems like those cakes can cause you a lot of Of course there's a lot of creative satisfaction! I always say I work best under and I bet you do too. Hope your deck party is a success. I always loved doing things like that. When my SIL/BIL built their house we had a lawn party to put a lawn in. It was a real job as basically all they had was clay. I drove past their house (they are both deseased now) when I was back east and that lawn is still good! We had painting parties,etc. As I said it was a town that cared.

I love jokes and as y'all know use them at the NHs so if you have any you can send them my way. I am a

My, the two of you have put me in a nostalgic mood!

Will go and see what I can do that is constructive. Will check in later.

May good things happen
Shirley
Old 07-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #52  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD SATURDAY TO ALL YOU BUDDY!!!

Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been having mouse problems, and was just to dang lazy to go and get a new one!
Went to Circuit City last night and bought one of these new fangled optical ones. Now it moves so fast I can hardly keep up with it!

MONET...I got your message, and here I am....I felt the tip of that bat wind again! Good luck with the cake...I know it will be just as beautiful as all the others!

Took TIPPY to the vet this morning for a pedicure and had her weighed while I was there. She's right at 6lbs and the Doc says that's as big as she needs to get. She was terribly underweight when I got her, and after her surgery, her hormones were raging and thus.....weight gain! He told me to give her a cup of food a day, but I measured and that's bigger than her bowl!
She has a strange eating schedule..she gets up in the middle of the night to do it! At 2:30 a.m. she jumped square in the middle of my chest, scared the **** out of me, and all that just to tell me that her bowl was empty!

Hamburgers are on the agenda for supper tonight, but tomorrow, I'm going to
fix a pork roast and throw some turnips around it, fix some slaw, and heat up the mess of fresh green beans that I fixed last night. I'm still without a grill, and am going to have to break down and buy one...I miss my grilled salmon and grilled chicken!

COLLEEN...too bad you aren't going to make a huckleberry pie! I've never had one, but I hear they are yummy!

JACKIE...sorry I haven't been here for you girlfriend! Cathy is moving to
Winston Salem within the next two months. They are going up on the corporate jet Monday and Tuesday to look around, then back up there the next week to house hunt. They will be closer to me miles wise, but further from Greg's family and my brother.

SEF, that chicken sounds yummy....as you know, I love chicken any way you fix it...

Jessica...WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE FAMILY...if you think we're intimidating now, just wait till FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS!!!
We've got the SEC well covered and we really get down to it when the games start!

I'm off to try and get some things done. It's already up in the 90's here and no breeze blowing at all! UGH!

No movies yet for the weekend...I'll let you know if I get any!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #53  

Uh oh. I'm a California girl. Am I in trouble? Ha ha... Just wanted to thank you all for the welcome. I really appreciate it. I weighed in this morning and lost two more pounds. That's 14 lbs in a little less than 3 weeks. Wow, does that ever feel good! According to my crappy bodyfat scale, mine isn't going down though. I don't trust it. Maybe I'll go have the nasty caliper test done at my gym. Yuck.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm getting my hair done today as a little "reward" for my success!

sw: 202
cw: 188
gw: 145
goofgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie. Company just arrived. Did get a walk in today. 6 days.

Fillise, sounds like you are having a great trip. Enjoy.

Monet, What a bummer about the cake place. That happened to me at the eyeglass place last week. Have fun at the deck party.

Goofgirl, Welcome to our board. This is a great board. It's a little slow right now but will pick up. SB is a great way to lose wt. But then you know it works. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sef, sur hope the PT helps and you don't need surgery. Don't you love those nights when you don't get up for the bathroom. They are getting few and far between.

Teensy, 4 days of exercise is great. Pat yourself on the back.

BOb we have missed you.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:54 PM   #55  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Stopping in to say.......

Ya'll are GREAT! You are the best you that you can be. Hang in there when the going keeps tough and know that you are not alone. When times are good store them up for when they aren't quite as sweet. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about ya'll this afternoon.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #56  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Like to say I have been constructive today, but alas it is not so. Wrote a couple of letters. at lunch (leftover shrimp stir fry), read paper, did puzzles and in general have just vegetated.

BOB: You kow you are missed. Like you never met a cooked chicken I dfidn't like! Glad Tippy is thriving so well.

GOOF: You are doing great, deserve your reward for sure.

JACKK: Thanx. Have a well worn bath to the porcelain goddess's chamber!

In keeping with my industrious day I think I will go to a game board for a short interval.

May good things happen
Shirley
Old 07-10-2004, 07:22 PM   #57  

Evening!

The deck party just broke up. They resurfaced the whole deck. Now all that is left is to replace the sides, and the stairs. They did in one afternoon what would have taken Tom four weekends to do alone. He is one happy boy tonight.

I got the cakes done and sent with Laura. She called me 30 minutes later to complain that I had forgotten the strings on the guitar groom's cake. Oh well! I told her to use the buttercream bag I sent with her to add them if she thought it needed it.

I have been a real today. I ate chunks of leftover carrot cake, fingers full of icing, tortilla chips and I feel stuffed and yucky! To top it all off, I drank a beer! I very RARELY do that! Tomorrow, I will be back on the straight and narrow.

I need to go do some cleaning up after the cake, and the men who worked on the deck. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #58  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Nothing exciting, I slept in, read paper and that's about it!

MONET: Loks like you and I are striking up a penpal experiene via the Board. Where is everyone? Not that I don't like you, but woouldn't it be nice to have more company. Glad your "deck raising" went so well. Truly, many hands make light work. Heavens! You forgot the guitar strings! Today is another day and there will be no ig: ig: ig: around!!

Probably see you later.

May good things happen
Shirley
Old 07-11-2004, 02:53 PM   #59  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

Been to the grocery, drugstore, STARBUCKS and now I'm back home. LAUNDRY.....LAUNDRY....LAUNDRY!!!!!
Talked to DEBBIE this morning and she asked me to let y'all know that this week just might be the week for her computer....said to keep all fingers crossed for her.
Today, Lauren has a play, and the whole fam damily is going. Eli's sister is there from Canada and brought a HUGE cooler full of lobsters....I think ifI leave now, I can make it for supper!

Not much to report here on the GULF COAST.....except....IT'S HOT!!!!

Got my pork roast in the oven, and that's about it for supper....everything else is cooked!

JESSICA....don't worry, a few of our teams make it out there to play in the ROSE BOWL.....If you don't follow football, we'll take care of that too. MONET is a GEORGIA FAN but doesn't watch, so we let her know when to celebrate....Glad to hear that you're doing well on plan....KEEP IT UP GIRLFRIEND!!!

SEF....Monet and I were talking recently, and we've got to get this board pumped up or SUZANNE will disable it and put us with a combined group!
ANY THOUGHTS????

Well, I'm off...I'll check in later...

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:23 PM   #60  

Evening! The week is beginning, or ending. However you want to look at it!

We had a congregational meeting after church tonight that lasted over an hour. We got some good discussion on. I may be heading up a monthly dinner. Yes, I am probably nuts. I do like to cook.

I was not very legal tonight...I ate some cake. Shame on me! The rest of the day had been really good, with the exception of not drinking enough water.

I am thinking of changing from AT&T wireless to Nextel. Any one on here on Nextel?

I am going to toddle off to bed. Good night everyone!

SEF: I am so glad you have been posting regularly. We have a few people on vacation, so once they are back we will have more company. Pancho is due back soon, I think, and Fillise is too.

GOOF: Naw, you can be from California, and not be in trouble around here! In fact, it is probably better than if you were from the southeast, cause BOB and GATOR get kind of rambunctious with the football stuff! I just try to stay out of their way! Unfortunately, they found out I am a Georgia fan, though a bit fair weather one (they win, I am a fan, they lose, I am not!) so now they harrass me too. So far, we have gone through a few football seasons and are still speaking....

BOB: You need to get in here more and post if you really want to keep this going.