Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you were 65yrs old & at your current weight, would you be okay being that weight?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 8 57.14%
Over 65, so I'd just like to be 65 again! 0 0%
Be happy at any weight if I get to 65! 0 0%
Really not sure 2 14.29%
Not 65, but would at 75! 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2004, 04:12 PM   #16  

Hi Everyone! I just got in from the doctor visit. I asked him to look at my throat, since it was kind of sore, and he said I had big ulcerations, lots of redness and gave me an antibiotic. We discussed the report from the ultrasound I had a month ago. I am going to the GYN in a few weeks, so he gave me a copy of the report. On it, he wrote his recommendations: hysterectomy, and NO HRT under any circumstances. It will be interesting to see what the GYN says. I wish I could get in sooner, but she is on maternity leave! My insulin levels were not completed, so he has to call me on those. My thyroid levels were better, but still not where he wants them, so he doubled my dose and I have to go back in five weeks for more lab work.

On the way to the doctor, I stopped and chatted for a minute with my son who had been in a fender bender at the end of my street. Much to my surprise, I found out when I left the doctor's office that the police arrested him and put him in jail! The warrant was out over an expired tag, supposedly, but he has no idea what they are talking about. We are waiting to hear from him so someone can go out and post bond for him. Its ridiculous that they dragged him off to jail for something so stupid!

My older daughter and her husband are here. They were swimming but their real estate agent just showed up with papers for them to sign for their house.

I have company coming tonight and planned to serve hot dogs and hamburgers. I had buns and everything all ready. I got home to find the two daughters and the son in law made lunch of my hot dogs and buns! I have no idea what I am going to serve now.

I need to go clean up some and get things organized for tonight. I will check in later if I can!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, I just saw on TV a new procedure for hysterectomies and other female operations done by a robot. Actually it is robotic arms. They make for tiny insissions in your abdoeman and you are back to normal in just 1 week. I would look into it. Glad you caught that sore throat early before it developed into something major. I can't beleive they locked up your son over something like that. Criminals run loose and they lock people up for stupid things. I would make your DD and SIL go get you some more hotdogs and buns Gotta love those kids.

Heading home. Gonna walk after dinner if it is not raining.

Have a great evening.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #18  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Couldn't believe it this a.m. I woke up at 7:41a!! Had a PT appointment at 8a. You shold have seen me hustle. Got there at 8:05 and they were just calling me in. I never sleep that late unless I really make myself. I think I went to bd last night regular time and just died! I'm an early riser.

MONET: How fun, I love spyr of the moment things, I can't leave a dirty kitchen. Happy you lost a couple of pounds. Be prepared, we had rain again this afternoon. 50-60% chance for the next couple of days. I'm getting moldy! You may be the hostess with the mostest but nothing to serve?!? Think you better the kids run to the store for replacements. They can arrest you for an expired tag? Yet they can't find a killer! Hope it gets straightened out. Hope all will be okay medically.

FILLISE: Happy trip! This ol' butt of mine takes a lot of lifting but I am trying.

JACKK: My kids are adopted Aussies. A snag is a sausage. DS calls them that so I do too.

Have been out of sorts all day. Probably because I slept late and broke up my routine!

Where is everybody? Holiday is over folks, time to get back in harness!

May good things happen

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 10:27 PM   #19  

Small group went fine..we had plenty to eat. I forgot to fix a veggie though, so the onions, tomatoes, pickles and lettuce for the burgers will have to do!

My son finally called about 45 minutes ago, collect, for us to come post his bail. They set it at $300, and Tom was going to have to go find cash. This really sucks! I don't know if he can drive now, until after his court case, or not. What an awful situation.

I am tired, and nauseated. I think I will crawl up on the bed and read a while. I bought a new book at the store today. I did not need another book, but it was one I have wanted to get for a while!

Catch you all later!

Menu for today:

B- oat bran muffin
L- two oranges
D- hot dog and bun, hamburger and bun, noodles in portabella mushroom alfredo sauce

Water: not enough
Old 07-06-2004, 11:07 PM   #20  
Goddess

hey all!

I take off first thing in the morning. Just wanted to tell everyone to have a good week. I'll check in when I can.

Monet--I can't believe they arrented your DS over an expired tag--sheesh. I'm with Jackie, if he had done something really horrible we would have walked. I'm lad you averted disaster with your dinner tonight. Hope you feel better soon. Let us know what the GYN says.

SEF--It was probably good for you to sleep in a bit!

Jackie--That's interesting about the hysterectomy. I had the whole works and it still wasn't too bad a recovery for me, I think I needed it so badly that even when recovering, I felt better than when TOM was around! My DM just had her gall bladder removed in outpatient surgery and was up and around the next day. Sheesh, I remember when that used to be major surgery!

Bags are packed. Got to pay some last minute bills and go to bed so I can get an early start!

Susan

ps--Miss Belle climbed into one of my bags and tried to curl up and hide in it. I think she wants to go with me! She's such a sweet kitten!
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:34 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

Just popping in to cathc up on today's posts. It's been a busy day here at the nut house...LOL

Susan...praying for a safe trip.

Monet...Praying for you as well with your upcoming surgery. That is so stinky about your son. That sure doesn't seem like a going to jail offense.

Jack-k..WTG with you walking. I missed both my walks so far but worked out instead. I'm so disgusted with myself it's hard not to lose focus and just go nuts. Maybe I am nuts already...LOL

Colleen...all those strawberries sound wonderful.

Sef...talk about rushing....Hope you feel more in sorts tomorrow.

Yawning like crazy over here.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:17 AM   #22  

Hey guys, sorry but this is going to be another quickie. For some reason my puter is acting up. Actually it has been ever since I got back on line. This site loads so slow, and redirects me all the time. Anyone else have problems?? I also keep getting booted off. Maybe it wasn't just my modem that got fried. Sure hope I don't have to take this in. We will just have to wait and see. Will be back.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW.

It's hard to keep the days straight with Monday being a holiday.

I was very disgusted with the scale today. Or should I say with myself. I guess I can't blame the scale. I think my taste buds are completely zapped. I keep eating thinking I will find something that taste good. Most people lose wt doing this, but NOT me.

On a better note, we did get in our 3 mile walk after all the storms last night and I also worked out for 30 minutes. Sort of hard to stretch it out when you can't do any ab work. I got all my exercises that I cut out of magazines and will go thru them and make up a routine. I really need to concentrate on lower body, mainly the butt

bf: Special K low carb with strawberries
5 prunes
1/2 c oj
lunch: Atkins pizza and a clementime
dinner: meatloaf, butter beans, broccoli.

Need to get busy since I won't be here tomorrow. Treatment day. They seem to roll around quickly. Espcially since the way the days of the month fell, I will have 2 this month. Only 2 to go after tomorrow.

Congrats to all the losers today. The rest of us, lets just do this.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #24  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

How did this happen? It's a weekday and the calendar is blank! I am really pleased; usually it's the weekends I have a free day. I will write letters, swim, cook supper and relax!

MONET: Hope you are feeling better. I know I'd have to scramble for $300. I'm sure the burger toppings worked out fine as veggies.

FILLISE: SAfe trip. Woke up regular time this a.m. Can really tell the difference.

COUNTRY: Being a little nuts is good!! Have to have that sense of humor to go with it. I pride myself on being just a little off, although I have straightened a little in my old age! Feel much better. Had a senior moment. All day yesterday kept feeling uncomfortable, told DIL I must be coming down wqith something......yeah, right..............brain loss. At night when I go to bed I turn the AC down a couple of degrees and in the morning up. Well, in the vening I was really feeling hot. Then glanced at the AC, in my rush to get to PT I never touched the AC, so it really was hotter than usual. We have central air but it seems it still gets warm up here so I have two small units in my bedroom and sitting room. The upstairs is sorta chopped up and the two work better thatn one. Believe me I reset them this morning!

TEENSY: Was always getting kicked off with old computer. This new works much better altho it does happen now and them. GD wants to go DSL. She's going to pay the difference.

JACKK: Will keep you in prayer. I think we all do that now and then, look for something that tastes like we want, and then it becomes a vicious cycle. One overdose or some food and what the heck...I blew it and another piece of something finds its way into my eager mouth!

Okay, haven't had my need to get it. See y'all later.

May good things happen

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #25  

I feel like I have put in a full day already and its just noon! I went and picked up my jailbird son, and drove him to work. His license was supposedly revoked, for the ticket he doesn't remember getting and did not go to court for, so he has to get it reinstated before he can drive again. After I brought him here to get his work badge and things...like his box cutter and stuff, and of course his yo-yo (the police had a heyday when they found that in his pocket!- he does all the yo-yo tricks to relax), fixed him some breakfast then dropped him off at work. I went to Costco, and got stuff for the wedding cake, and gas, then came home. I need to head over to the credit union before too long. Later this afternoon, I am going to Curves with Ruth. (married daughter) I think right now, I am going to read a part of the new book I bought yesterday. Its a collection of short stories, so one won't take too long. I just need a few minutes of quiet.

So far today, I have had:
2 eggs, scrambled with cheese, ww toast, coffee with cream
32 oz water

I found a book at Costco that is interesting. Its a carbohydrate, fiber and sugar counter. The authors wrote it not for low carbing, but it claims the healthiest people groups are those who eat the most carbs...AND they claim sugar is good for you! What idiocy! I thought the counter would be useful, and it was cheap. (I love books)

Ok, I am going to refill the coffee mug and get to reading for a bit. Be back later!

Old 07-07-2004, 12:32 PM   #26  

What an awful memory I have. I forgot to post yesterday and forgot to weigh today. This holiday stuff has got me all mixed up. I'm out the door in a minute to get my hair cut. Will I ever be glad.. Made me a great omelet for dinner last night with fresh mushrooms, bell pepper, gr. onion, cheese and crab meat. Yummy. I've only had toast today, its been so hectic around here. Hope to have a salad for lunch. Don't know about dinner. Will try and post after while...
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #27  

Hello all-- Forgot it was Wednesday! Guess the holiday threw me off. Been rainy and icky again today. Had to unplug the puter all morning. Poor little Buddy was cowering and shaking too. Little guy can't win this week, first all the fireworks and now the thunder is back.

I have picked about 2 pints of raspberries so far from my bushes. Hoping to get enough to do some raspberry jam too. I am going to call on U-pick cherries tomorrow. We love fresh Bing Cherries. Guess I just love this time of year when there is so many different varieties of fresh fruit.

Okay-- here is my menu for the day...

Pre-exercise, 6 oz cantaloupe, 1 decafe.
B-- 1/2 c Fiber One with 1/4 c FF milk (6 drops liquid Splenda, 1 tsp cinnamon), Lite 85.

Snack-- apple

Lunch-- Turkey Burger, 2.5 oz Crab meat, 1/2 c FF cottage cheese, 3.3 oz Sweet Red Pepper.

Snack-- 1 oz mixed nuts, 2 SF peanut butter cups.

Dinner-- Taco Salad, no shell.

Jackie--That is great that you were able to get your walk in AND work out. You rock!! And only a few more treatments, Yipee!!! I have a question for you, what is a clementine?? I have heard of the song "Oh My Darling Clementine," but I don't know what it is. Assuming it is some kind of fruit??

Sef-- Would love to go DSL, but we are out in the boonies, and have to resort to the dial up! Guess I should just be happy we have that.

Monet-- Hope your son doesn't have to go through what mine did to get his license reinstated. What a run around. It took forever!! Enjoy your new book.

Toni-- Boy, that omelet does sound good. I had some crab in my salad last night, and finished it off for lunch today. Ds brought us back some from Alaska the last time he was home. Sure is good!!

Alright all of you.....I know I am not the only one exercising.....POST!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #28  

Hi all! Just have time to fly by here. Ruth and Erik are on their way over-AGAIN- to swim and eat dinner. I have some beef stew simmering...it is just beef and onion right now. I may add some carrots. My mother in law makes it this way and serves it with mashed potatoes. I may try serving it with mashed cauliflower.

I just got out of the pool. The water is warming up and I prefer it cold. I also picked a pint of blueberries. I get about a pint a day now. In a few days, I will probably be able to pick a quart or more a day, if I beat the birds to them!

I hopped on the scale this afternoon and was shocked to see I was down a half a pound from yesterday. That is interesting since I usually weigh in the morning. It makes no sense to me - there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern.

I need to go finish up with dinner. Will check in later!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #29  

Hey all--

Was able to get some pictures done this afternoon. Here are some of our sightseeing jaunts.

Petrified Park

Enchanted Highway

Hope this works!!

How do I just post a picture??

Last edited by Teensybean; 07-08-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:15 AM   #30  

Good Morning!

I woke up rather early this morning. My wonderful husband was having a bad dream and was fighting off a killer turtle or something. He had to repeatedly kick the turtle in his dream and who knows what else if I had not woken him up trying to get him to stop kicking ME! My butt hurts where he kicked me in his sleep!

I have to bake the wedding cakes today. Thankfully, this cake is not as large as the last one I had to do. I think I can get it baked in four sessions. I have to make the groom's cake too- which is a carrot cake. I better find my recipe, huh?

I am waiting for my son to call and ask for a ride to work. He lives 20 minutes from me, so it will take me an hour to go get him and take him to work. I am hoping he called a friend of his who lives near him and works at the same company.

So far, I have had about 24 oz of water. I think breakfast will be an oat bran muffin.

I will be back later.