Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU USUALLY DRINK IN A TYPICAL DAY?
I'm like a camel, I hardly ever drink water! 3 8.57%
16 ounces or less (2 glasses) 3 8.57%
16-32 ounces (2-4 glasses) 5 14.29%
32-48 ounces (4-6glasses) 5 14.29%
48-64ounces (6-8 glasses) 6 17.14%
64-80 ounces (8-10 glasses) 7 20.00%
80-96 ounces (10-12 glasses) 4 11.43%
MORE! I'm a walking water tank!!!! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 03:44 PM   #166  

Default FRIDAY AFTERNOON

Whewwwwwww.... thought I would NEVER quit coughing and hacking this morning I am slowly trying to get back into a normal routine. My Dad and his wife are at the Masters for the weekend, so I have cat/house sitting duties. I went over there to put mail inside, check the cats' food, etc...... It really is a beautiful day. The sunshine felt good. When I got home, took a walk down to dock and check out the goings on.... nice and tranquil. I tried cranking up my little "putt-putt" boat, but the battery was weak. SOOOOO... industrious me found the battery charger and hooked that sucker up so my "putt-putt" will putt again

Star- I got a chuckle out of your desciption about your 2 mile walk. Sorta sounds like that expression - "skid marks in your undies" Look at it like this, your butt will really get in shape FAST!!!!! I am happy for your accomplishment. BTW... I have been doing TM for a month now and it STILL takes me 40 minutes to get 2 miles It's my short legs.

Glory - Would you like me to email you some Calgon???? I can kinda sympathize with the sickies though It has been no picnic for me either this week with this crud. With each new day I feel better though. They will too!!!!!!!!!!

Mary - It must feel great to walk for such a great cause and to know that your mom is a survivor!!!!!! Walk with your head held high tonight Thanks for not taking away my "point's, lol. I am taking Atuss-EX. I have kept the fact I may pick up a lb or so in the back of my head, in some situations we have to compromise.

Anna- WELCOME HOME!!!!! Try not to be so hard on that gain.. It's ALWAYS hard when we are away from home to completely be in control of our eating habits. It will drop off now you are back and can get back into your routine.......REMEMBER>>>WATERRRRRRR

Well, I need to free up the phone line. Who knows, George W. may have tried to call....

Cheri - Hope that ankle starts behaving soon. Wish I had some advice. I am thinking of you just the same.

Last edited by amseraphim; 04-06-2001 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2001, 03:52 PM   #167  
VR

Good Morning/Afternoon.... whatever fits.

I've got my two babies in the air this morning! My daughter and grandson are in flight to
LA to go to Knott's Berry Farm for his birthday. He's been to Disney many times so she
wanted to do something different.

SparkleScamp: You are so right about Maui. I can feel you enthusiasm for SB in your post.
Don't lose that sparkle, sparkle!! I'm going to pick up some of the Stonyfield. I don't think
I've every seen Brown Cow. Can you imagine what that fast food breakfast was doing to your whole
system! Congrats on you upcoming trip

Frog: I think your friend has a problem that goes very deep. Sooner or later people show there
true colors.

Barbee: Happy Wedding ...... try to relax and enjoy it. Loved you stories. I have a 34 year old
daughter and many times she will look at me and say "Is this my future?".. She's in great shape as
I was at her age so she knows what time can do to a body! Hope all goes well at Mayo.

Quilter: Sounds like you're in a great mood this morning.Hope all goes well at the Dr. today..

Rosalie: Aquafit class and badminton... life is beautiful!! Sounds like a great day planned.

cathycathy: It's hard to pass up something that you love and haven't had in a long time.. I had no
idea that Wal-Marts had cotton candy.

Debelli: I'm going to Pennys this weekend to get some Deb SB'ing wear!! Power in California..
What power... they just had a TV bulletin that Pacific Gas & Electri has filled for Chapter 11
bankrupcy. Will have to look into a solar powered laptop!! Rates are going, going up. I think
they will try to keep it so the more you use over baseline the higher the rate. We are already on
what they call a Time of Use plan - Peak and Off-Peak hours because we have a pool and have to
run the filter. We always go way over baseline. The biggest scare is the way other states are
trying to attact business to move out of CA.. We just want our housing value to stay high until
we sell and move. The housing market here is extremely high so it is very easy to sell and pay
cash in another state.

MelG: Your making Sedona very enticing. My SIL's sister transfered from Seattle to Phoenix with Nordstrom.
Still shopping is just not a problem with all you can do on-line anymore. I would really need to
check out the DSL availability or at least cable modem because I could not survive without it.
Especially if I decide to contract after I retire.

GloryBI: Hope all the sickies are feeling better. You're gonna need a rest.

Gotta get back to work. Talk to you later. Raining day here, oh oh.... we're not supposed
to tell anyone it rains in California! oops

Debbie: Enjoy your Passover celebrating!!
Old 04-06-2001, 04:02 PM   #168  
VR

Sorry about the mess on my last post. I tried to use paste from Notepad but my spacing is all over the map..

Hi Beach: Boy it seems like a long time since you've been on the board. I feel your pain as I am up from a lot of things that I was going through over the past few months. It is so much harder to start over.. I just keep going at whatever level I can make it to each day.. I know you will be down those few lbs in no time at all.
Old 04-06-2001, 05:16 PM   #169  

Hi everyone

I've had a busy day to-day. Aquafit class this morning and badminton this afternoon. Glad I didn't need to get out to walk to-day as it's been raining most of the day. April showers, hope they bring in the flowers!

Sara - Glad you are keeping up with the exercises and getting in some sightseeing.

Cathy2 - It's good to see you too keeping up with the exercises. Hooray for not succumbing to the cotton candy. I would like to add to what Debbie suggested about your menu yesterday. As well as more protein I would suggest you add some more vegetables. You didn't mention any with your supper. This should help to stop you being hungry. I find cooked vegetables are much more satisfying than salad. If I have salad with a meal I also like to have other veggies too, like green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas, etc. I've cooked brown rice both in the rice cooker and on top of the stove. I don't think there is any dfference in cooking time. It usually takes 50-60 minutes to cook. I don't use the rice cooker unless I have a large amount to cook. If I am only cooking one cup I find it easier to do on top of the stove. I use 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water (after rinsing the rice) according to the package instructions. I would use the same amount of water either way. My rice cooker instructions says to use less water but when I have done it that way it doesn't always cook properly. It's a good idea to spray the bottom of the rice cooker with Pam or something similar to prevent sticking

Starchaser - Congrats on the walking - with just a little bit more each day you will soon be up there with the other walkers. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there. The important thing is that you are getting out there and doing what you can.

MelG - I don't have any answer as to why whole grain rye crackers are high gi but I think the reason the M & M's are low is because of the peanuts. Peanuts are very low gi, average about 14 according to the list, so the combination of peanuts and the sugar coating of the M &M's would keep the gi low. SB is based on low GI foods and low sugar. SB suggests that we avoid foods with more than 3 grams of sugar per serving. I don't think it is possible to eliminate sugar entirely.

GloryB - Sorry to hear hubby is still sick. Thery do like the attention when they are sick, don't they. Hope your daughter is not coming down with the same thing.

Melf - Yes it is good to get outside to walk for a change. The weather is beginning to improve here although we don't have any flowers out yet. The tulips are just beginning to come up. You're description of all the flowers really makes me envious for a warmer climate. I probably won't be out walking much for the next couple of days as I have to work the weekend (day shift) and probably won't feel like going out when I get home. We'll have to wait and see what kind of day I have and what the weather is like. To-day it was raining but I had other activities all day so it didn't really matter. I got my exercise in anyway with swimming and badminton. Hope you are feeling better this evening. Those evening shifts can really be hard on the system. Hope you have a good visit with your Mom and enjoy your walk tonite.

Cheri - Take care of that foot. If it is swollen and painful it's best not to walk on it any more than you have to.

Beachfan - WELCOME BACK Sorry to hear about the gain but we know you can get it off again. It's very hard when you are in a stressful situation to stick entirely to plan but once you are back on the wagon I'm sure those pounds will just fall off again.

Amseraphim - Sounds like that cough doesn't want to leave you. Take care and pamper yourself.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Bye.

Marie
Old 04-06-2001, 05:24 PM   #170  

Default Hi :wave:

Well Friday has gotten away from me!! This has been a wild week. When the interest rates drop, I get really busy...everyone wants to refinance their house! As Cathy used to say Job Security.

I see Cathy is not eating enought protein? Hummm that means neither am I. Sounds like a steak nite to me.

To all my California friends.. Move to Louisiana we have lots of power - Would love to have ya.

We are off to rodeo again this weekend. I will pack my SB legal food so I will stay away from the nachos. Katie has a new outfit for her horse, leopard print saddle pad and leg wraps Won't Joe (her horse) look good!

Have a good weekend everyone !!

Davenna
Old 04-06-2001, 06:07 PM   #171  
viv

Just me with my usual inadequate post again....with all the things overwhelming me now, the board is overwhelming me too. I scan all the posts and try to get a feel for how everyone is doing, but unless I am sitting on my butt at work someone is always tearing at me and I just don't have the time to do this...or I need to exercise, or make dinner, or go to sleep! Next week I promise.

Thanks for all the reality checks about my "ego hissyfit". I'm glad you didn't see it as some stupid vanity thing. The best thing about it is I am determined to get to a point where I feel really good about it, despite any setbacks.

Tomorrow will be another setback. We are going to friends' (ah, relaxing, no family!) for our Seder and I know there will be unavoidable sugar. I will max out on the non-sugar items and take a polite taste ofanything with sugar. I managed to get to the market today and get my normal SB staples, so I'm stocked.

Parent Update: Dad is at the doctor's right now getting his full results . Iam trying to be calm; ignorance is bliss. Mom is being released tomoro with NO diagnosis - lungs, heart, all are fine. I realized that a part of this isher weight - she has always been thin but in the past few years has put on pounds (I think she has terrible eating habits, no breakfast till noon...not junk, but she doesn't feed her metabolism). She is 5'1" and now weighs 161, after usually being in the 120s. The problem is NONE of the doctors tell her to lose weight (she is almost 80) and she won't unless they tell her to. She feels why deprive herself if she doesn't have to? She won't listen to me because she thinks I am obsessed with dieting (um, where does she get that idea.....:confused.

Anyway I will keep you posted, nervous, nervous, nervous.

Dh's bday today, we're taking him out to dinner at a local nice steak place with an awesome and unusual salad bar, so I won't miss the baked potato at all.

Hoping for a relaxing weekend doing nothing but going to the Seder. No sports, no trips, nuthin! Maybe some lawn cleanup if I can stand the 50-degree weather.

AGain, you ladies are inspirational and the reason for my past and future successes. I appreciate all you have done - for me and for YOURSELVES!!

vIV
146/135/136/128/?????
sOGGY sIMSbury, CT
Old 04-06-2001, 06:58 PM   #172  
VR

Good Afternoon everyone and TGIF..

Quick note to

Deb: Do you have the nutritional information on the Carbolite SoftServe? The only
thing that I have run into is the "mix it yourself" frozen treat. If you have to do it yourself it's no treat.

RodeoMom: Thanks for the offer of letting "powerless" Californians move to beautiful LA (Louisiana - not la la land). The only place I have been to in the south is Jackson, MS (twice) on company business. I was in awe of the lush green and overcome by the humidity.. Once was in May and once in Nov and I felt no difference in the humidity. My daughter will be in New Orleens the week of April 27th. She is going to a Jazz festival ... it will be her second or third trip. She has been back there for MardiGras.. Would love to visit the area for pleasure some day - not work!! Have a fun time at the rodeo... How do you pronouce it (Road - e - o) or (Ro - day - o). You hear it both ways in CA.
Old 04-06-2001, 08:27 PM   #173  

Well, today has been very relaxing. I decided to cancel my appt at dr. Just didn’t feel up to getting my neck sucked today. I made another appt so will keep you all posted. Thanks for all the kind thoughts. Maddie and I did get in 1.5 miles this morning. It was a nice walk. Very relaxing.

I have a question . . . did anybody see Oprah today? It was all about yoga. And I have to tell you I am really interested in trying it. Rodney Yee was on and showed everyone how to do some of the poses. I wish they had done more of that and less of the fashion show. He was so interesting he could have carried the entire hour. Anyways, just wondering if any of you have done it or know how to do it. She recommended his two tapes: AM Yoga and PM Yoga. He’s amazing!!!!

I made a good supper tonight. It’s kind of a slight diversion from my yummy rice dish that I’ve spoken of before. I did the usual sauteing of onions, garlic, green peppers and mushrooms. Then when the rice was done dumped that in with the veggies and let it all get hot. Sprinkled in some sesame seeds and some pecan halves. Then put a touch or two of lite soy sauce. Yummy. Then because I was concerned about not enough protein I sprinkled some grated cheddar cheese on top and had a dollop of sour cream at the side. It was so wonderful. Was going to cook some chicken breasts and cut them up in it, but we are out. So we went the vegetarian route tonight. CHERI, does that sound good to you??? It’s very easy.

SASA---Two cardio workouts??? Girl, you are amazing!! How good of you to take your daughter so that she doesn’t miss out. And how great for you to get double the benefits. Your clothes are going to be swimming on you soon.

ROSALIE---You astound me at how many different activities you are involved in. I want to be just like you!!!! Your town must be so equipped for people who want to be fit. I wonder if Canadians as a whole are more fit than Americans. Sounds like you have more options than me.

CATHY2---Way to go on abstaining from the cotton candy!!! What strength you showed especially since it’s on your list of top snacks. Doesn’t it feel so much better to be strong that to give in to that moment of wanting to eat? As far as cooking the brown rice goes, I do my in my black and decker Steamer. The book has specific instructions for brown rice and it comes out great. Speaking of that . . . I don’t think I ever gave DEB the instructions that she needs for it. Thanks for reminding me!!!

DEB---Here’s what the steamer book says about brown rice.
For brown, regular, long or short grain:
1/2 cup of rice & 2/3 cup of cold water, combine in the rice bowl. Cook for 40-41 minutes. This amount makes about 1 1/2 cups of rice.
OR
1 cup rice & 1 1/4 cup cold water, combine in rice bowl. Cook for 54-57 minutes. Makes about 3 1/2 cups of rice.
For both of these do NOT use the drip tray and fill the water in the base to the high line.
It really does a good job. Not gummy or very sticky at all. Good luck.
Also, I would like that pancake recipe you have. Let us know when you post it. Tanks!
Also made peanut butter this afternoon. Hmmmm. Not quite sure about it. I couldn’t get it very smooth. Thought I was going to burn up the motor in my little food processor. But it did start to turn into a buttery substance, just a bumpy buttery substance. Tried a bite on a piece of celery and I thought it was pretty good. Will most likely start using this is a mid afternoon snack on days I get home late.

SOLSHINE---Hope everything went well for you at the drs today. Let us know what you found out. I thought Survivor was really interesting last night. Kind of thought Nick would get the boot since he was kind of lazing around while others worked. Couldn’t believe that Colby came back from behind in the immunity challenge to win. That was awesome. Okay VIV, I’ve changed my whole theory on what’s going to happen. Forget the Colby gets axed idea I was muddling around with . My mom was so generous with the firm foundation she gave me. I’ve always battled with the bear-shaped syndrome. Can’t even picture myself with thin thighs and a little butt. Guess those visualization techniques aren’t working too well for me. HA!

AMSER---Where you live sounds like a little slice of heaven. Reminds me of books I have read and movies I’ve seen. How good for you! Hey it sounds like you are feeling a wee bit better. Hope that is the case. Are your stomach muscles sore from all the coughing. I’ve know ppl who have cracked ribs from coughing too hard. Be careful!!! Glad you got your “putt putt” back. That would suck to lose it!!! HA!

STARCHASER---That is so great that you withstood the pain and kept going. Aren’t you glad you did? That’s great!!!! I’m so glad for your fitness victory!!! You have to be feeling so great. You are really moving and shaking and are seeing the results of commitment to this WOE. I also like your eclectic taste in music. DH & I have a similarly different CD collection . . . from Gordon Lightfoot to KISS to Moody Blues to Nanci Griffith to MegaDeath to the Beatles. We run the gamut of styles. The only thing we really don’t listen to is country music and the teeny bopper stuff (no kids around to force us to listen to that). It’s just not for us. When you said, been there done that with your thyroid, did you mean that you had the whole thing removed. I’d love to hear more about it. If you want to email me that would be great. Wondering about the surgery for that and all that goes with it. My thyroid works great, just has this extra thing on it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

MELG---Don’t feel guilty about not being on much. Come when you can and post when you can. We are here and ready to listen. But we also all have very busy lives and understand. As far as your question goes, it’s way over my head and I’ll have to leave the answer to the experts. But I will also be glad to hear what they have to say about it.

GLORY---Is that yet another thing we have in common . . . matching cysts??? Just in different parts of our bodies. Sometimes the similarities on this board are mind boggling. Hope it goes well for you. Does it give you much pain. I don’t even feel mine.

MELF---Thanks for the encouragement. Sorry I didn’t go to the drs. Now I wish I would have. Oh well, I won’t put it off forever. Now that I’ve told all of you about it, I suspect there will be frequent questioning about it. What kind of ww bagel did you buy??? I can’t find any that don’t have lots of corn syrup and sugary type stuff.

CHERI---Glad you found the agave nectar. Let me know what you use it in. Also sorry I missed you on the chat last night. I couldn’t stay long. I’m concerned about your ankle. Don’t let it go on too long before you get it looked at. Hope the pain goes away.

BEACH---Glad you are back home and away from all the stress of the conference. What responsibilities!!! I’m not surprised you gained. That has to be hard to stay focused when there is so much other stuff to attend to. Hey, I have to say that you inspire me. I am so glad that you are getting back on track. I wish I had done that a long time ago and not waited until I had hardly anything to wear. I know you don’t enjoy that you gained back a few pounds, but think of it as a learning experience for the rest of us. We need to see what to do in this situation. Your point about maintaining being more work than losing was a good one. And I needed to hear that. Good luck.

VR---Have a great time at Knotts Berry Farm. I was there in 1973 and enjoyed it. I liked it better than Disney . . . don’t know why. I’m sure your get together there will be wonderful. What’s the weather like out there? How’s your power situation??? What do businesses do in cases where the power goes off??

RODEO---I’m so jealous!!!! I wish I were going to the rodeo all weekend. That sounds like so much fun!!! I’ll bet your daughter loves it. Does she get nervous before it’s her turn? I’ll bet the moms are more nervous than the kids. Do you guys live out in the country on a farm where she can have her horse right there to take care of? I’ve heard that’s a huge commitment to have a horse. Lots of daily care.

Well, that’s about it from here. Tomorrow morning we have to get up early and go get our taxes done. EEEEEK!!! What fun!! We’ll follow that up with haircuts and then I have to go to a local author’s release party. I guess he has a new book coming out and one of my friends got invited. I’m going with her because her dh wants nothing to do with this kind of thing. (Mind wouldn’t either.) Guess I’ll have to buy the book. Don’t even know what it is. I’m sure there will be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING there for me to eat. Ugh. Don’t really want to go but already promised. So I’ve got to bite the bullet. I will have fun with this friend. She’s great.

Night all.
Take care.
Kim
185/172/139
Old 04-06-2001, 09:34 PM   #174  
viv

Default update...

Hey - back from my (OP until dessert BLTs) and I wanted to give you guys an update on my Dad since you have ALL been so supportive....

They still find the cancer in one node of the lung, however the PETScan showed an "abnormality" in his hip which could also be arthritis (let's hope). So he's back for another MRI next week (more waiting). Think positive, this is late onset cancer, why would it go to the hip from the lung (what do I know?). Anyway, so here we're back in limbo....

Also I just had to respond personally to one post from
SPARKLE:

"Viv... I notice that your title says “dieting, stressed out mom.” Well that really puts a frown on my face. “Dieting” has all kinds of negative connotations, like eating lettuce for two weeks until you finally “give in” and eat that box of doughnuts on the coffee cart! And stressed out? Attitude is everything girlfriend and I hope to see you with a more positive one in the future! (I know, you can go ahead and slap me now.)

OK, Girl, I know you said this out of hugs and support but here's the deal:

Personally I don't think of the word "Diet" as negative. "Diet" is also how some people refer to their WOE (as in "my diet is pretty high in fiber, etc") - I have always had generally positive "diet" experiences because even if the weight does not come off as I would like it to, I always have chosen healthy plans and made good choices. I think a lot of women on 3fc have had some really awful experiences with weight reduction plans in their lives and THEY may see that word with heebie jeebies, but to me, it's shorter than saying WOE (or explaining what WOE means to someone, etc.)

Secondly, re: stress: As Debbie can attest to just from meeting me, I am probably one of the most positive, fun-wanting people around; I try to laugh in spite of bad times. Stress is a fact of life, and let me tell you girlfriend, when you have two rowdy kids, a job, a house, a husband (probably the most stressful part of it), a competitive environment, SNOW, a mortgage and parents thousand of miles away who are ill and old, STRESS is not an "attitude" issue, it's a fact of life. And it's nothing that I would hide; personally it makes me a part of the same club that all my other stressed out GFs belong to!

And don't forget the name of our beloved hosts: "3 Fat Chicks on a DIET"!

So, there's your "slap" - but think of it as an affectionate pat!

In 15 or so years you'llc all yourself the same thing, LOL.

OK gonna go collapse now.

Hugs to all,

Viv
Old 04-06-2001, 09:40 PM   #175  

Default OOPS . . . ALMOST FORGOT

BOB---Earlier today I had SUCH a hankering for a salad from "Sweet Tomatoes". I loved that restaurant. How was DAY 5???

SolShine---Read your chicken recipe and can't wait to try it. I LOVE DRIED BEEF. I have so many fond memories of **** on a shingle. Mmmmmm.

Gotta run gals
Kimmi
Old 04-06-2001, 09:52 PM   #176  

Hey Viv...wanted to send you hugs and support re: your Dad. Cancer is never easy...My Dad had lung cancer and went through radiation and chemotherapy...so I know how hard this is. I also have two very rowdy kids that are into several activities, a hubby, a very stressful job, a home and bills etc. so I can really relate! Take care and remember there are a lot a prayers going your way!
Old 04-06-2001, 09:57 PM   #177  
viv

Default TO BEACH

Hey Beach -
Thanks for the nice words of support. I'd like to know more about your experience with your Dad. Can you email me whenever you have a moment....
[email protected]
I hope your DAd beat it.....
Thanks,
Viv
Old 04-06-2001, 10:19 PM   #178  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default DAY FIVE ~~~~~NO CIG!!!

EVENING EVERYBUDDY

KIM: Day five has been rough to say the least...BUT I HAVEN'T SMOKED.....THOUGHT ABOUT IT, BUT DIDN'T...
S.O.S...hmmmmmmm I LOVE THAT DISH....all that WHITE GOOEY GRAVEY!!!! YUMMMMMMMM

EVERYONE ELSE.....Sorry, but there is no way I would start writing to each of you.....there is NO telling what would come out of my fingers!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT....I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT IT's WORKING TOO!!!!

VIV{{{{{{{{{SMOOCHONTHE HEAD}}}}}}}}}}}
[/b] We love you stress and all!!!! Good thoughts for your Dad and Mom...I'll say an extra one for him tonight. Sounds like your Mom is doing a lot better, glad she's going home from the hospital.
Behave at SEDER tomorrow...I'm sure you'll do fine....
My diagnosis for your girlfriend you need to go to the mountain top and SCREAM YOUR HEAD OFF!!
It won't make everything right, but you sure as **** will feel better!

I'm off to recline

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-06-2001 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2001, 10:48 PM   #179  

Default Good Evening

Boy I am glad that it is Friday, and that the full moon is on Sunday, cause I couldn't survive if it fell during the week. I think everyone at work was making up for missing it today. Seemed like you couldn't even look at anybody with them taking it wrong and snapping at you. I was glad I was doing my computer job today and not in a procedure room with patients.

I am confused, or slow, or...... I know that it was discussed about sourdough bread, is it ok?????

I am making this short, have to work this weekend, i am on call, and have to be at work at 7 am and I am tired and headed for bed .

Wishing all a great day tomorrow.
Laurie
Port Charlotte, Fl
350/297/170
Old 04-06-2001, 11:09 PM   #180  
Everyday angel

Default A long quickie

Barb, good luck with the wedding!

Marie, Cathy, Melf Veronica and StarChaser, thanks for the compliments!

Debbie, I don’t know what this magical Trader Joe’s is but I’m sure I’ll find out! As for the calories I will only worry about one thing at a time! Just making progress at this point in time is such a MIRACLE to me because I’ve been stuck for so long. It’s like there is a block in my head JUST before I get to a “normal” “sexy” weight....which has been a size 10 for me. I’m not comfortably into a size 10 yet and never have been since a very early puberty!!!

Glory, Moms can be hard but the point I was trying to make sharing about my Mom is that when you’re firm in your conviction and stand up for yourself sometimes people can change...at least in how they act toward YOU. But then again some people will never change and those I spend as little time with as possible.

Cheri I hope your ankle gets better!

Anna, you’ve come so far and it’s inspiring that you take corrective measure the MOMENT that your weight fluctuates. I know that you will continue to maintain for a LIFETIME.

RodeoMom steak sounds yummy!

Viv...... “SNOW”.....you win hands down!!! (hothouse flower here)

BOB, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

As you can tell I’m rather short on time. Headed to the gym, still have my whole hour to do. Then if the weather cooperates, which it doesn’t look good, doing something different for a Friday night and driving out to Waimea Valley on the other side of the island for a Moonlight Tour with my roommate. But it has to be clear and right now it’s raining cats and dogs. Ugh. I’m furious...we are supposed to have perfect weather ALL THE TIME! Started my period today which means that I made it through the carb cravings this month with FLYING COLORS! It was easier than ever before. I’m always so hungry before my period that I CAN’T get full no matter how much I eat. Just last month I was literally crying and shaking all over I wanted carbs so bad. Ended up eating a couple of biscuits in addition to my large meals and felt better, but the calories were out of sight. It never entered into my brain that if I ate the RIGHT carbs I could be satisfied! This is so wonderful that I can’t describe it. I thought that no matter how hard I “tried” that I would be out of control one week out of the month forever. Well gotta run!

Much aloha,

Chris
Closed Thread