Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU USUALLY DRINK IN A TYPICAL DAY?
I'm like a camel, I hardly ever drink water! 3 8.57%
16 ounces or less (2 glasses) 3 8.57%
16-32 ounces (2-4 glasses) 5 14.29%
32-48 ounces (4-6glasses) 5 14.29%
48-64ounces (6-8 glasses) 6 17.14%
64-80 ounces (8-10 glasses) 7 20.00%
80-96 ounces (10-12 glasses) 4 11.43%
MORE! I'm a walking water tank!!!! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 04:43 AM   #151  
Everyday angel

Default Sending warm Hawaiian sunshine to you poor folks! ;)

Evening ladies!

Veronica, isn’t Maui awesome?

Quilter, that wasn’t me on the bold and underline but it’s a neat trick isn’t it? On the other forum Martin just upgraded to beta 4 of vBulletin and if the gals here upgrade, just wait ‘till ya’ll see the new toys in v 4!!!!

I use yogurt in the omelette instead of milk ‘cause it gives a little more oomph. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds so that it will won’t be lumpy and will mix easily with the eggs. A brand without gelatin, like Brown Cow or Stonyfield Farm (both yummy) works best.

Ann, well sometimes I try to think of how my honesty makes other people feel. I hate to put other people in a position of having victimized me....as I’ve done a million times in the past.

Froggie, the spewed wine story was just PRICELESS!

Susan, great job on five weeks of staying on program. Yes, I know one day this idea will be old to me too but you are right, right now I am SO ENTHUSED! (The zeal of the convert) I’m driving everyone nuts “in real life.” Sending positive vibes on your knee problem...OUCHIE!

Cathy your progress is amazing! I’m motivated by your success. It’s great that you are getting the exercise in first thing. I think this WOE is magic!!! With advance planning, it’s really easy to stick to and produces RESULTS. I suddenly thought of all these months that I have been struggling for recovery and literally crying my eyes out at my lack of progress, but at the same time, spending my evenings stuffing myself with pizza and beer and smoking cigarette after cigarette with my roommate. (Of course this WOE totally changed our relationship but I digress.)

RodeoMom, I’m glad you’re feeling better too!

SolShine, you are so warm and caring in your posts. You really are a ray of sunshine. I was being a bit bossy with the breakdown, but if there is one thing that I would like to convey here, it is that there is no magic or mystery to success, only common sense and simple math! Notice I didn’t say it was easy....only simple if we can get past all that excess baggage in our heads!

Dashing Debbie, interesting insight on the calories. I know that I will have to adjust to less when I get WAY down to your weight! It’s kind of a scary thought but I know that I can adapt.....when I was a teenager I didn’t know anything in between literally starving, and pigging out until I was sick. I learn slowly but I do think I’ve learned to be moderate (my friends would laugh at the idea of my being moderate!).

Oh and until I’m blue in the face: save your posts as you go along!!!

I tend to eat the most in the mornings and less at night...but yeah I do eat a lot and so long as I’m eating the RIGHT foods its better for me than eating less. I was thinking this morning, I can’t BELIEVE I used to eat at Jack in the Box almost every single morning! Or McDonalds....a breakfast combo PLUS a sausage McMuffin or biscuit. After now 11 days of eating ONLY home-prepared foods it seems like a far-away nightmare.

Glory, your mom is a real peach but you are strong enough to handle her! My mom drives me CRAZY but really, she does mean well she just doesn’t know any better. I am glad you feel safe talking about your weight. I was so ashamed my whole life to admit my weight even to myself and when I started telling my friends that was the beginning of freedom for me! It took years but then I told everybody even guys. It was amazing that I could do that. But the benefit is that the number seemed like a horrible, terrible shame....like being a child molester or something awful. The more times I repeated it the more it lost its black magic. I am honestly proud of where I am....if I had continued the way of life I had set up for myself at the age of 22, I would have gained ten pounds a year and wouldn’t be leaving the house right now!

Viv... I notice that your title says “dieting, stressed out mom.” Well that really puts a frown on my face. “Dieting” has all kinds of negative connotations, like eating lettuce for two weeks until you finally “give in” and eat that box of doughnuts on the coffee cart! And stressed out? Attitude is everything girlfriend and I hope to see you with a more positive one in the future! (I know, you can go ahead and slap me now.)

Margaret, I love eggs for breakfast...one of the things that wakes me up in the morning!

Mary, congrats on the walk although it was painful!

Marie thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Bee, DON’T GIVE UP ON THE BIKING! I have faith that you can do that too. It’s so much fun!

Gator-grrrrrl, good job on the exercise. Yes 1000 calories is way too little bit for just about anybody. I don’t like writing down my food either but I do it when I feel I need to because it helps me to be aware of what I’m doing and live in the present moment. It’s so easy to slip into denial. Here’s a tip ya: just guesstimate. I round everything up to a hundred calories and it takes me about 30 seconds to total everything up.

Orange, I know you will succeed giving up the cancer sticks! Roomie just lit ANOTHER CIGARETTE! This is driving me nuts but it’s a test and I know I will pass! (I have a terror of failing tests.)

Ashley...thinking of you too!

Karen, you’ll do fine on vacation!

Whew! There I reach the end and I’m quite sure I didn’t miss ANYBODY this time around!

I have a couple very exciting things to report. First of all I found out for sure that I will be going on a business trip in May to stay at the exclusive Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, VA. (Look it up here). It’s like a resort vacation, light on meetings and heavy on massage! This is the second year in a row that my boss and I have been invited. She was the top producer for this pension plan we sell. It was a lot of fun last year at La Posada in Santa Fe and I’m really stoked to be invited.

The more exciting/scary part is that it’s about an hour away from where my ex-boyfriend lives in D. C! It’s been a year since I last saw him and I declined to go to my friend’s college graduation in N.C. because I didn’t want to deal with seeing him. So now I’m going to see him but I’m not “chasing” him so what kinda sign is that. I haven’t told him yet....

The next exciting thing is that I spent my ENTIRE hour (even five minutes over!) of cardio today rollerblading WITHOUT STOPPING. Only a few weeks ago I couldn’t do half a mile without stopping to rest! It’s like I’m living in a dream where it’s possible for me to do this, when I couldn’t for so long! (Because I could only manage to get it together enough to practice once every few months) I measured the distance in the car later and I covered well over six miles!!!!! This was quite late at night at Ala Moana park and it was eerily beautif there. There was a huge group doing Polynesian dances and playing drums on the precious, narrow strip of pale sand we call Ala Moana beach. It was really amazing. There was even a small hill...a bridge that went uphill sharply for about eight feet, and then down. I was terrified. I was thinking of my emergency plan even as I started up the hill. I didn’t make it and had to walk sideways. Then I went downhill, thinking, if I’m going to eat it tonight, I’m going to eat it here! And at that moment, I did, skidding spectacularly on one buttock for about three feet before coming to a stop. There was a guy sitting there watching everything of course. So I ignored the pain and got up like nothing happened. It wasn’t so bad to fall, especially when I was expecting it. It’s not going to stop me! (if you skate, ALWAYS wear wristguards even if you wear NOTHING else!)

In other news I’m very disappointed in the way things are going with my roommate. It was fine so long as I was doing the same things he was: watching movies, smoking cigarettes and lying around. But now that I’m AWAKE we are growing apart rapidly. I’m sure that the “blame” does not lie entirely with him: I’ve gotten very impatient lately, and ENTIRELY focused on my new routine.

Well it’s quite late and I still have to put away the laundry. Everybody have a WONDERFUL Aloha Friday and talk to you tomorrow!

Lots of love,

Chris
Old 04-06-2001, 07:55 AM   #152  

Default WEDDING MADNESS

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

It is a beautiful day here in Port Orange, Florida. I was hoping that I culd have slept through today and just get on to Saturday. This day is going to be complete madness.
Pick up my paycheck at school, run to the Party Store one more time, get hair done at noon, clean pool again, set up for the rehearsal dinner (do not even get me started on that), and then go decorate at the club for reception.
Tomorrow morning go and get flowers at 7:15, girls go get their hair done, get everybody dressed, get to the Gardens at 11, ceremony at noon, then to the reception.
Sunday go over to newly weds home for cook out and open presents. Then come home and COLLAPSE!!!!!
My weight is doing fine but know I need to eat more than I have been doing - just do not seem to have enough time.
I know this may sound crazy but you have to eat to lose weight. Cutting back or go without eating does not lose the weight! I am still at 183-185 -- no problem.
Our son is here and his boss, George and me, tonight Lori, Melissa, Sam, Andrea (niece) and boyfriend and who ever else may happen to show up.
I have that Bed and Breakfast sign out for right now. Had to take 1 year old boxer to the vets -- too soon to tell if she is pregnant(totally unplanned) and hope to god I do not have to put out the Maternity Ward sign!
I go to Mayo's in Jacksonville on the 12th and hope I have a good report.
This next week it is supposed to be sunny and up into the 80's and possibly the low 90's. I will be going to the beach - I hope.
I would like to thank you all for nice messages to me. Quilter - to you in particular.
Everyone -- I am sure you have found out by now that we are all here to support everyone - whether it has to do with WOE or not. We do not intentionally mean to hurt anyone or step on toes. It is great seeing the different insights on things.
Would it not be awesome if we could ALL meet somewhere?
I will probably not be on for a while. Think about me. Oh and BOB - good luck on your smoking. I have smoked since - lord knows how long. I quit every time I was pregnant -- guess I need to go that route again - NOT! Whenever I have quit I go cold turkey. Just have not reached that point yet. It will happen one of these days. Kind of like going on a diet - you know?
Will miss you Debbie. Wanted to come see you this next week - our spring break. But I do believe Justin will have to go back to Georgia -- timing is everything. It has been great having him here -- he is a neat 25 year old man - he always knows what to say to me and is the biggest tease you have ever seen and loves to do things that will piss me off. We were shopping yesterday and I was in one aisle. As I am standing there these purple ugly potholders came falling down. I am looking everywhere because I was in the sheet aisle. With that an employee comes around the corner and says - oh my goodness things are falling down. With that I hear this deep laugh. Justin - on next aisle over tossing potholders at me. I guess you had to be there.
Last story - I promise.
Went shopping last Sunday with oldest daughter - Lori. She is buying things for me at a regular store -- you know -- not one of those Lane Bryant stores ( which by the way I can not wear any pants from there - they are too big. So we are in the store and I had taken some bras to try one. Was a 44 DD and was trying to squeeze those pupppies in to a 42C. She looks at me and says - mom - you are hanging out below the bra and what you having hanging is about the size of my boobs. We start laughing and then she is just staring at me. She is a nurse and is use to seeing everything. She says I need to say a prayer to God and she says - Oh God please when I get to be my mother's age (59) please do not have my nipples hang on my waist. They are rather large but with age they get deflated and start hanging - like pancakes with bloopies on them. Now we are laughing so hard tears are running down our face. One of the employees comes over to the door and wants to know if we are alright. Physically - yes - mentally - no. It was a lot of fun. Sorry if I have embarassed anyone did not mean to -- at least I am not talking about being plugged up.
Well ladies - getting ready to write another chapter in my life. Keep the good thoughts - keep on WOE - it will happen. Remember I was once 320 and now I am 183. do not ever give up. Just think - I have only 18 more pounds to go for my goal! WOW! I am going to be a sexy senior citizen.
TAKE CARE
HANG IN THERE -- IT WILL HAPPEN.
Love,
Barb
Old 04-06-2001, 08:36 AM   #153  

Default HAPPY FRIDAY MORNING!!!

MORNING ALL!!! Today looks like it will be a great day! The weather is looking good. They had predicted rain, but it hasn't started yet. So Miss Maddie and I are off to the park for a power walk. I'm so excited that our next door neighbors are finally home from FL. (That's one set of snowbirds gone, BOB, and how many more to go?) We really miss them when they are gone. It's just not the same without them here. And they have a cutie-pie little terrier who brings a lot of life to the neighborhood.

BARBEE---I'm hoping your weekend is 100% PERFECT. It will be . . . what a great thing to be celebrating. One of your children's happiness and future!!! Your dressing room story CRACKED ME UP. Didn't think I could laugh this early in the morning. Your kids are sure fun to shop with. Can't wait to hear all the details about the big event.

Gals, the chat last night was so much fun. Really enjoyed it. My apologies to FROG and ROSALIE . . . got a LD phone call and needed to get off quickly. Sorry I left so abruptly. I've now got my bro and SIL hooked on Survivor so they had to do their post show follow-up call. We are watching because we all love Rodger. Just the kind of person you'd like to know. Isn't it great to see someone so nice get to be on for so long? I thought during the first week, that they would chew him up and spit him out by week 2. How cool for him.

Thanks for the kind words about the drs procedure today. Yes, MELF, it is a needle aspiration, which I dreaded at first. But this honeypie dr is so good that it's over in a couple of minutes. Honestly, I woke up not feeling 100% and am thinking about cancelling my appt. Just don't feel ready to deal with it today. I'll give myself til 9:30 to decide. Maybe my walk will put me in a better frame of mind and body.

One thing I have to say is this . . . I am now all "Jonesed" about the exercise board. Went there and posted for the very first time this week. So now I'm telling myself if I exercise I get to post there and someone will read about it. (How self-involved is that????) Anyways, I think it's a great idea and it's really helping me. Still standing my ground at 172. I think I have that number firmly locked into place. (keeping my fingers crossed)

Everybody have a great day. I'l check back on later.

Take care.
Kim
185/172/139
Old 04-06-2001, 09:06 AM   #154  

Default Just a quickie...

Hey DEB, just got a tell you that I knew which one of the gals in the picture was you. I guess I consider you blonde next to Cher's haircolor. Is it actually more brown? I remembered what you looked like from other pictures you had posted. I need to get some pictures of me up here... We have a little do-hicky that will take a still from our videocamera and we can upload that. I'll get my husband on that. We haven't done Fanuil Hall as of yet...too cold and yucky until just this week. We are planning an excursion to the Museum of Science tomorrow, and weather permitting, we might venture out on one of the many walking tours.

Well, I've been eating very well, and very legally, I might add. Exercising like a fool too! Did 2 cardio workouts yesterday, as my daughter wanted to go to the gym, and then went again last night w/ my husband. Daughter (Jacque) and I are going to start going early in the a.m. so that she can be sure to get her workout in daily. Sometimes my husband (who she usually goes with) gets home too late from work to take her. SO, that means double duty for me! I'm not complaining...that should help the weight fall off!

Well, got to go. My son needs some help with his Language lesson.

Later Ladies!
Sara
Old 04-06-2001, 09:29 AM   #155  

Good morning all

Chris - Congrats on that one hour of rollerblading. Six miles in one hour is fantastic. Hope you didn't have any damage from your fall. It sounds so beautiful where you are and you are so expert at describing the scenes.

Melf - Sorry I missed you last night. I was up late but not late enough. Too bad for the 1 hour time difference. Congrats on that five mile walk. On my first walk acouple of days ago I did 2.4Km. That's about one and a half miles. Next time I'll try going a bit further.

Barbee - Have a wonderful day tomorrow. That was quite a hilarious shopping trip you had.

Kim - Thanks for the offer of the book. If you do send it I could send you the money for the postage. Meanwhile I will check out the online bookstores to see if I can get it cheaper there or check back at the library. Hope things go well with you to-day at the Doctor's - hope you decide to keep your appointment. Maybe you will be in a better frame of mind after your walk this morning.

Gotta run. I am off to aquafit class this morning and to badminton after lunch.

Have a good day everyone

Marie.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:50 AM   #156  
Chatroom Oldie

Good Morning SB gang!

Thank goodness it is Friday! I'm pooped - its been a long week! But I still got up at 5:15 and did my 30 minutes of walk aerobics before getting ready for work Glad to have that behind me.

I have a busy weekend (as always) but I will plan ahead and stay on program

Yesterday I had an apple on the way to work, oatmeal around 10:00, 2 burgerking hamburger patties and a big salad for lunch, 3 triscuits with some all fruit for a snack and then for supper I had a piece of grilled fish and some legal angel hair pasta. The pasta really helped to fill me up as I was really feeling hungry last night for some reason. My poor old body is probably searching for some sugar and just doesn't know what to think about all of this. I also had about 70 oz of water too!

The hardest thing yesterday was on my way home I stopped by Walmart and they were making fresh cotton candy (one of my favorite things in the world) but I DID NOT GET ANY!!!! whew! That was a major accomplishment for me!

Question??? Has anybody tried cooking their brown rice in their rice cooker? I know RodeoMom cooked some brown rice on the stove and it took about twice as long. I was just wondering if I needed to know anything or if anybody had any little hints about cooking brown rice in the rice cooker?

Sparkle: Over an hour rollerblading WOW!!!! and more than 6 miles at that! WOW WOW WOW! You go girl!

RodeoMom: Well did you get on that treadmill last night? If you did we want to hear about it! Also be sure and post it on the Exercise Board.

Enjoyed reading all the posts but I am at work and need to do payroll so I just don't have time to respond to them all.

Have a great SugarFree day!

cathy
Old 04-06-2001, 10:14 AM   #157  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning Everyone!

Managed to get up a tad bit earlier, but still late for me. Got my walk in already, usual 4.5 miles-so far this week 22.5 miles with Sunday still to walk-take off Saturdays.

Down a 1/2lb, back to where I was before, 131.5. Still 2.5lbs til I can do the HAPPY DANCE

Thanks to everyone who was able to make the chat last night, it's always fun, and gosh knows, we do talk about the most "interesting" things! Seems a majority ruling of those who were there would like to change the chat to TUESDAY'S at 9:15-doing it a quarter after so those watching anything that ends a 9pm can have time for a potty stop before running to the computer-if anyone opposes this, please, let me know!

BEE, in Miami, if the bananas are on sale, they're about .39cents a pound-though I can sometimes find them 10 for .99cents. Curious to know what the price of the Joknal you bought was in US dollars, if you remember. Did you get your bike ride in yesterday? Thanks for posting the link to the SB Questions, there are others by individual Dr.'s as well.

OVERCOME, you see, there's a big picture of me in all the clothing stores with a pair of shorts pasted to my lower extremities with a big slash through it and big words NO SHORTS FOR HER. Trust me, you'd understand if you saw my thighs. I also have very large calve muscles that look awful if shown. My arms have a hump of fat on them, so I will never wear anything above my elbows, usually wear long sleeves. Definitely not that I wouldn't/don't want to wear some of these things, it's just that they won't look nice on me, trust me, I have tried.

VR, what did they say about your current electric problems there? We too are getting anothe rate hike this month-sucks! Really, I did have a Grandma Betty, and I truly inherited her thighs! The pants I have are the capri length black stretchy pants from JCPenney's, their SJB brand (Saint Johns Bay), they are comfortable and not thin like other brands, plus, I can't wear their regular stretchies, they are soooo long!

KAREN, if you get to read this while you are away, hope you are having a great time!!!!

ASMER, sorry I missed you at the chat last night but glad there were others still on there for you to visit with.

QUILTER, let us know how your neck sucking went. I know that's not fun at all. I had a cycst in my head, above my left ear that kept growing that they had to take out, not cancerous thank goodness, but just another notch in my surgery belt. And no, I never noticed a thing on you. Hope Maddie got her walk in, so you can both post on the exercise board!!!

SAS, nah, I'm definitely a brunette, but I do pay for blond in my hair! I'm surprised anyone even noticed the blond, I didn't think it looked so in the pic, esp with my hair clipped up. Is what you have to take a picture the SNAPPY??? If you can e-mail me a picture through AOL, I can get it loaded onto the site for you. Seems you are doing great with your eating and exercising-how old is your daughter that works out with you???

CATHY, I think from looking at what you ate yesterday, you need to have more protein in your daily intake, or as Sharon says, REAL PROTEIN, not that BK junk. I don't own a rice cooker, but plan on making some in my steamer soon. I love brown rice!

MELF, Eli is the same way when he works late. He says he can't just jump into bed, no matter how tired he truly is, he has to wind down, and usually won't come to bed until a few hours later. Let me know what you think about the stevia, remember, use just a tiny bit and increase, otherwise, you are going to hate it! Also, make sure you try to keep the moisture out as well as possible, once it gets hard, you can only use it by putting it in a mortar and hammering it with a pestle.

SPARKLE, I buy both those brands of yogurt, they are good. I found a recipe for pancakes that uses yogurt, will have to post it for you when I get the chance. Easy one! Honestly, I don't think you will have to adjust your calories that much as you head down on the scale, you are very active and I think you need those calories-so don't worry about it,at least not at this point. Hey, here's another exciting thing about your upcoming trip-if you have access to a car, you can go to TRADER JOES!!!! They have them up in the DC area! Congrats on that 6 mile experience you had despite the little slip up there.

BARB, where do you find the time with all you have to do to post, the day before the wedding-YOU'RE NUTS! I can only laugh out loud when I read the story of Justing throwing the mitts, and the experience with Lauri as I can totally relate with the second one, which is totally sad since I am 20 years younger than you! Have a wonderful time this weekend-give us a glowing report of the events when you have a chance

Time for me to hit the shower and do SOMETHING today! Will be back on later this evening.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Debbie
194/131.5/129
Miami, FL
Old 04-06-2001, 10:40 AM   #158  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Good Morning All!!

I can’t address everyone today, but I have read all the posts – y’all keep kicking it and taking names!!

Today I have my appt. with the endocrinologist. I’m hoping that I’ll get an answer to the PCOS thing. I also hope their scales confirm the Dr.’s scales – lending more credibility to my theory that my scale at home just doesn’t like me.

Nick has left the island!! I’m thinking the last three are going to be Colby, Tina and Keith. The last 2 will be whoever Colby likes the most. Now, Amber, COULD pull a “Kelly” on us…..

Marie, I had eggs for b’fast this morning and I’m STILL not hungry!! There’s definitely something to having protein instead of Uncle Sam first thing! Thank you again!

Oh, new little trick I learned --- GatorGal, this may help with your page downloading – When I click on the thread I want to read on our SugarBuster forum, I noticed at the top of the page, near the center, there’s an option that says, “Go to first unread post” with a little arrow pointing down. If I click on that it automatically takes me to the end of the last post I read. I’m probably being a goober and you all already knew that, but just in case………….

About the thigh thing…..everytime I complained to my mom about my big thighs she just grinned and said she had given me a FIRM FOUNDATION. She wasn’t lying, but she didn’t have to be SO generous!!!

Have a great week-end!!

Old 04-06-2001, 11:01 AM   #159  

Default GatorGal.......

In regards to your questions about Savannah.....

I don't live in downtown area or the suburbs. I am out in an unincorporated area that's out towards Tybee Island area. I have lived here all my life. Three houses total!!!!!!! And the 3rd I am in right now, it's actually right back next door to where I grew up I am truly blessed. I love it out in this area. We are on a creek. I am a river rat I guess you could say. I enjoy crabbing, fishing, shrimping, tanning, boating.....yadda, yadda The downtown area is like it's own enchanted city, filled with so must history and neat architecture. Savannah also has outgrown itself though in other areas. That is just part of progress though.

Mary - Ummm....the cough syrup probably IS NOT sf!!!!! Didn't think to ask. Will I have points taken away from me I will drink ANYTHING at this point that is going to get rid of this cough, and those yucky goobies!!!!!!

Cathyc- Great will power on resisting the cotton candy!! Just think you saved yourself from making such a STICKY mess

Debbie - You go girl on the 131.5!!!!!! Sorry I missed you at chat too. I was a late arriver. We were at in-laws last night. MIL got back last night from a trip to Europe!!!! I am so glad she is home

Sol - Let us know how appt with endo Dr goes. Hope you get the answer you want on your scale theory too!!!

Well... gotta go. Getting that whoozy feeling again. I think brunch might be a good thing - nice warm oatmeal to soothe this savage throat!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2001, 11:06 AM   #160  

Happy Friday to Everyone;

Good morning Ladies! The weekend is upon us. For me the weekend is harder on me when it comes to staying OP. Since starting this WOE, I've actually come to the point where I welcome Mondays because I can stay in a routine better during the week. Does that make sense?

VICTORY REPORT: I've been trying to "bump up" my walking distance. I've been stuck at 1.5 mi. a day for a week or so! Well, Wednesday I managed 1.7 and woke up Thursday morning barely able to move. Alot of pain in the calfs. By Thursday afternoon the pain was gone and I was able to walk a total of 2 miles, with no pain this morning! Of course I'm slow. It takes me 45-50 minutes to walk this, but I get there! My butt was dragging so low yesterday I had asphalt burns on it!!!

I bought me a walkman and had some of favorite tunes. Otis Redding, Robert Palmer and Aerosmith (musically, I'm very diverse). I know it's just a mind thing, but it really helped me keep going yesterday.

Just a few short responses:

QUILTER: Regarding your thyroid, I've been there and done that. Finally had my removed a few years back! Let me know if I can be of any help.

SPARKLE: I do look forward to reading you each day. You're a great motivator to me.

BOB: Kudos for quitting smoking. My Mama recently quit after 30 years. I'm so proud of her. I didn't realize how difficult it was for her. I have a whole new understanding of what people go through.

CATHY: I envy you and all the other early morning people! I wish I could get up early and do my walking before work. I get to work around 9:00 a.m. but I don't wake up until around 1:00 p.m. I'm not a morning person. Never have been....Never will be!!!

MARGARET and MELF: Crawfish prices are extremely high here in Baton Rouge. Over $3 per lb boiled. The tails are nearly $8.00 per pound. Unless you want to buy the imported tails, which I would never do.
There is a pizza place in B.R. called Louisiana Pizza Kitchen that is "sugarbuster friendly". You may want to try it the next time you're in town.

DEB: Thanks for being a great teacher, coach and cheerleader all in one! As I've said before, I want to be just like you when I grow up!!!!

Later,
StarChaser
Old 04-06-2001, 11:16 AM   #161  

Default Totally Confused

I bought The Glucose Revolution because I wanted a good GI list. Now I'm totally confused. The yummy Ezekial bread is about a 53/54, but M&M's are 33? Regular (not ww) pasta is lower than whole grain rye Wasa crackers?

Is Sugar Busters not entirely based on the GI? A combo of the GI and no sugar? It just seemed that some low GI items were not sugar free.

I'm not saying I want free reign to gobble M&M's, but if someone could tell me how much weight the GI number should carry vs. the "whole grain/no sugar" concept, I would really appreciate it.

My other inner battle? Salad dressing. I love a big salad for lunch, but that requires more than 2 tbl. of salad dressing. I've been using Martin Bros. Blue Cheese which has 0 sugars (found at Whole Foods in the produce section, really good), but would it be worth it to switch to their low fat Ranch with 2 g. sugar per serving to reduce my fat intake?

One last thing...sorry I can't participate on the board as much as most of you. I don't know how you do it! I can barely read all the posts, much less respond to them all! I really do appreciate all of the information and the support you show each other. Just hope you don't mind that I pop in from time to time - usually to ask a question.

Just know that I'm cheering your victories and sending good thoughts your way!

One last Sedona thing: Phoenix has tons of stores and a Trader Joe's - anything you could need. However, it is about 2-1/2 hours away. My mom and her boyfriend make shopping trips there about once a month. Not that you can't find everything you NEED in Sedona, but you wouldn't be able to run over to pick up stuff from, for example, the Clinique counter on a whim.
Old 04-06-2001, 12:14 PM   #162  

HELLO LADIES

It's just another friday at the old nut house. hubby's still home sick. He really is such a baby.

Dayna says that she is now coming dwn with the cold. Oh help me please.

Deb: I just have one thing to say. My thighs have yours beat by along shot. years ago when my weight was a problem I went to a Womens work out gym. Well the lady put me on a program with a vibrating belt. Well I use to sep into it one leg at a time and let it vibrate the fat away. Well she didn't tell me that if your use it to long it brakes the muscle down. So I have to live with this awful broken down inner thighs that I could never expose to the world again. Well enough of that.

Bee: No my Mom doesn't stop with the Nose she sticks the whole face in. Her opinion is the only opinion that works.

Beach: I miss you, hope your ok and not out of sorts like my hubby.

Karen: Which Myrtle Beach are your gong to we have on in Oregon. Hope you have a good time.

Quilter: I'm praying for you I have a cyst on my wrist andso I know what your going thru. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sparkle: I really do have to set you straight about Mom so that everyone will understand. She is not well meaning. She just wants to be boss and have it done her way. she trys to sabatoge me all the time by baking goodiesand things. She's just a medaling person. But yesI do love her. Just don't like some things about her.

Well I'm so in need in the kitchen the sickies want food. love to all Glory
Old 04-06-2001, 01:14 PM   #163  

Default Good Morning

Well, it was morning when I started reading the messages. Slept late & still dragging this am. I'm feeling really tired. Guess it's because I'm usually up alot earlier. Think I slept too much, but want to be able to stay at the RELAY FOR LIFE events tonight. I thought about walking earlier, but since I will walk for 8-9pm I think I'll just wait. My mother is visiting for the day so that she can be here for the CANCER SURVIVOR WALK tonight. She had Thyroid Cancer 9 years ago & came through it ok.

SPARKLESCAMP, Terrific work out on those rollerblades, girl. I had to at your description of that 8 ft rise, the fall, & the on-looker. Good for you to just pick yourself up, dust yourself off & continue.

Barbee, Loved your Potholder & bra stories Was thinking about you last night with your wedding occasion this week-end. Sure hope everything turns out well.

QUILTER, I hope you have decided to keep that appt this am, you know, it's really best not to put it off. I at your self-motivation about posting on the exercise board...It's GOOD motivation & you're doing Fabulous girl...Keep it up. That 172 will be coming back down soon.

Sasahm, Good for you on all the trips to the gym. That article I read the other day said something about breaking up your exercises in 2 or even 3 shorter sessions if you can't or don't have time for longer sessions, so nothing wrong with you going twice a day, except the time factor if you are just too busy. I've been thinking about this gym for the summer months. Talked to DH about it & have to check out their prices.

DEBELLI, , Tried the Almond Butter on WW bagle this am.....yum yum. Tues nite chat sounds good. Hope to be there. Thanks for the tip that Stevia will get hard with moisture. It says to keep it refrigerated after opening.

ROSALIE, That 2.4km is not a bad start for the out of doors. Don't you enjoy that more than walking inside? Are you finally seeing signs of spring time? I hope so. I have yellow irises, yellow, white red, & pink roses all in full bloom right now in my yard. When I walked Wed, I smelled Honey Suckles, saw the Blackberries in bloom & all those Spring things around me. Sure is enjoyable.

CATHYCATHY Good for you...major accomplishment in passing up that cotton candy. YES, I have tried cooking the brown rice in my rice cooker & it was a major flop. Toooooo hard. Seems like you can never put enough water in it. I have found that the BEST way to cook brown rice is in the oven. I've done different casseroles type recipes with it & it's always PERFECT. I posted a recipe for Pork Chop & Brown Rice Casserole on the Jan recipe board http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...9743#post19743
I have also done chicken & brown rice, takes about the same time...I always use chicken or vegetable bouillon instead of water...gives more flavoring.

SolShine, Hope your appt goes well & that you get the answers you're hoping for including the weight

AMSERAPHIM, No, you won't lose any points on the cough syrup, just if your weight goes up while you're taking it, you'll understand why. Sometimes it's necessary...when we're sick we have to do what it takes to get better. Is it prescription or OTC syrup? If it's OTC, there are some like Robitussin DM that we use for Diabetics with less or no sugar, not really sure which.

StarChaser, Was excited for you when I read your Victory Report. 2 miles is such an accomplishment when you were unsure about being able to do 1/2 mile when you started. The timing is not so important right now & as far as the soreness, it's because our muscles are so out of shape. We just have to PRESS ON DRAGGING BUTT & ALL! About the imported Crawfish...I agree 100%, I NEVER buy imported, no matter how much cheaper they are. Our farmers deserve our support. That SB friendly pizza sure does sound inviting. I haven't had pizza in so long. I need to try the pita pizza everyone talks about.

MelG, Have never seen the Glucose Revolution list or book, so I really can't answer your question about that. I do know that there are different ideas out there on Glycemic values. If I have to chose from low sugar or low fat...as in the salad dressing, I go with lowest sugar. But read the labels for ingredients that you know can turn to sugars like corn solids, etc. Like SB says," cut the sugars to trim the fats". As far as posting, I know what you mean about it taking so long to read & not having time to respond. I often sit here for hours reading, ( i read very slow) but what I do is open an empty "NOTEPAD" file & as I read, I make my notes & save it till I can finish reading. Then I copy & paste my reply. That's the only way that I can do it. Then I save the file & just cut out the responds but leave the names, that way I can reuse that file again & again. Anyway, like Debbie says, just a quick hello is good enough to let us know that you're out there & you're doing ok, need answers, etc. It's good to know that you're sticking with us.

BOB, Are you hanging in there today?

ANNETTE, Are you out there? Are you back home yet?

Have a good day ya'll
Old 04-06-2001, 01:50 PM   #164  

Hi everyone!

Sorry I missed most of the chat last night. I was reading over the posts and at about 9:30 I realized that I was supposed to be chatting with all of you at 9:15. I did get to talk to a few of you for a bit though and had a great time.

I started having a real problem with my right ankle. Years ago I broke it and have had tendonitis off and on since. Well, yesterday I got up and could hardly walk. I did some stretches and walked around the house a bit. It still hurt, but I put on my walking shoes and it felt a lot better. I could hardly feel the pain, so I went for my walk. Well, now it's a little swollen, not too painful but I keep taking Buffrin. Anyway, I don't think I'm going to walk today. Maybe giving it a days rest will help. I just don't want it to become so bad that I will have to be off of it for a long time. About 6 years ago I had cortisone shots for it and it lasted a long time. I might have to do that again and have special inserts for my shoes.

Kim: Thanks for the offer to get the almond butter for me. I did find it at the hfs closest to my house. "Who knew". Also I hope everything went well with your Drs. visit today.

Barbee: What a hilarious dressing room story. You are truely an inspiration. Thanks for sharing how far you've come. It helps to know that others are in the same boat and are making it and so can I. Thanks.

Debbie: Tuesdays and 9:15 sounds even better to me too. I am so happy for you getting closer to goal. I just know that one day soon you'll wake up and be there (or below).

Well I'm sorry I was unable to address everyone. You all are in my thoughts though. Have a great SB day and I'll be back on Monday to read the posts. (Going out of town this weekend).

Cheri
287/273/145
Old 04-06-2001, 03:33 PM   #165  

HI Everyone

Well I am back from my two week trips. This past week I was away on a business trip. The best part is it was located on the beach. The worst part is I was responsible for a conference that had 100 attendees and the VP of the organization. Glad it is over.

I am up 5 pounds. I think the stress of running the conference lowered my will power and I stayed hungry all the time. I've decided to stop the maintenance plan and get back on the SB weight loss plan for the next month. Some of you may know that I had hit goal weight and stayed there pretty regularly until the past two weeks. Just a reminder to everyone that the weight loss is only about 1/4 the battle. The maintenance and keeping it off is 3/4 the battle.

I did walk everyday so I feel pretty fit but even walking I still ate way too much!

Glory: Thanks for asking about me...I missed ya'll too. My lap top is in the shop so I couldn't even check emails while I was away.

Deb: I briefly looked through the post...is Sharon ok?

Barbee: You are incredible. I saw you shaking your finger at me all week about my cheating. You are a great motivation to everyone.

BOB: How are things? It's baseball time....I know it is not the same thing as football but we can still keep up the SEC rivalry

Gator: You doing OK?

Rhoo: BEGIN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! You are so close to goal that you CAN NOT let yourself quit. Don't have anything in the house that is illegal and if you want something not on SB...go run around the block. ATTITUDE is everything and you have to make your mind up to get there. YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!! DON'T QUIT NOW!!!!! YOU Have the power to do this.

Lisa a a_ I think I got your name right! I had 80+ pounds to lose and SB did the trick. I had also gained alot of weight due to stress...both parents had cancer, and I have a very stressful job. This is the answer and the no sugar helps keep the blues away and walking everyday raises your natural mood lifters. Even if you only just walk around the block to begin with. Good LUCK.

To everyone else. Keep going. I am going to try and be on here everyday to keep my motivation up. See you tomorrow.

Anna
222/142 /140
Closed Thread