Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU USUALLY DRINK IN A TYPICAL DAY?
I'm like a camel, I hardly ever drink water! 3 8.57%
16 ounces or less (2 glasses) 3 8.57%
16-32 ounces (2-4 glasses) 5 14.29%
32-48 ounces (4-6glasses) 5 14.29%
48-64ounces (6-8 glasses) 6 17.14%
64-80 ounces (8-10 glasses) 7 20.00%
80-96 ounces (10-12 glasses) 4 11.43%
MORE! I'm a walking water tank!!!! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2001, 07:46 PM   #196  

Good evening all

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I had a good day at work to-day. Even had time to browse and read the posts, something I haven’t been able to do for a while.

Deb – You amaze me with the chocolate, always looking for new brands to stock up on when you hardly ever eat any! I think that was the pits, your Mom telling you you looked anorexic. You would think she would be pleased to see you eating well and getting down to a healthy weight.

BigO – Day 6 and NO CIGARETTES KEEP IT UP GIRL It will get easier I promise you. I never thought I could do it (it’s been about 12 years since I quit) but it can be done AND YOU WILL DO IT.

Kim - I have a Denise Austin yoga video. I've only tried it a couple of times and found it very relaxing and calming. It is a good one to do before going to bed, particularly if you are feeling stressed. I couldn't do all the moves but you have prompted me to try it again. Maybe I could achieve more now I have been exercising for a while. I'll give it a try again and let you know how it is. I am sure Canadians are no fitter than Americans although we do have some good facilities supplied by the town. We have five public swimming pools and three public community centres which put on recreational programmes for all age groups as well as swimming lessons for the kids. We have a seniors centre (55 years and over) which offer recreational/exercise programs as well as drop in activities. That is where I go for badminton. They have it three days a week although I can usually only manage once, maybe twice, depending on my work schedule. I also took Tai Chi for several years but haven't done that now for a couple of years. May try it again sometime (if I can find the time). There is a fee for these programmes; for seniors it is about half the price of regular. We just have to pay a small annual membership fee for the seniors centre. That was sweet of you to watch the Canadian geese in my honor. And thanks for the nickname suggestion – but I don’t think I quite fit the descriptipon. Hope you have a good evening out with your friend.

Sparkle - I think the yoga video would be good for you when you are feeling stressed and/or restless. (See note to Kim above). I love to hear about your rollerblading. That is something I would like to try.

Amseraphim – Glad to hear your cough is at last getting better. Once you are feeling better I am sure you will have no trouble losing that 2 pounds again.

Beach – Congrats on the 1 pound loss. I’m sure the rest will be off in no time.

Rhroo – Glad to hear that you got a good walk in to-day. It’s always exhilarating to be out in the fresh air. I enjoyed looking at your friends web site. Great pictures of you.

Maables – Welcome to SB. You will probably find it easier to use the GLUCOSE based Glycemic Index. This is the list used by SB in their book.

Better get back in the kitchen and finish the dishes so I can try out my YOGA tape again.

Bye

Marie.
Old 04-07-2001, 09:25 PM   #197  
Everyday angel

Ashley, it sounds like you’ve been doing so “good” for so long that yes, you just had to push the envelope for once. Doesn’t seem like a big deal at all; you know what’s going on and you’re sharing it and not trying to hide what you’re doing.

Ann, glad you’re starting to feel better! I usually don’t get sick but when I got back from Vegas I was flat on my back for three days whining like a baby with a cold...it sucks! Good luck on going out to eat....I can’t handle that just yet and I used to go out to eat, like, all the time!

Anna, I keep saying this but it means a lot to me that you, Ashley and others have reached your goal and are maintaining. (And also you who are close.) Especially with the doubts you expressed that you had along the way. See I’ve never BEEN goal weight, not since I was 3 days old anyway, and part of my issue is “fear of the unknown.” So when I see you LIVING your goal it helps me to get used to the idea.

Issue #2 is that there is that nagging voice inside me that is telling me that it’s just not possible to get my life together well enough to reach physical, spiritual and mental health. But so many other “impossible” things in my life have come true that I have faith that I can do this too!

Issue #3 is that if I attain the lifelong “fantasy,” I won’t have the fantasy anymore (you can’t have your ____ and eat it too! ) No sparkling dreams of how life will be “perfect” when I attain goal...just the humdrum reality of maintaining, with nobody telling me what a fantastic person I am for losing weight anymore.

This is kinda rambling but I’m sharing my issues in the hope that somebody can relate to what I’m saying.....

Orangey...I’m STILL cheering you on every day! I had a strong craving for the first time in days this morning. Since I gave up nasty sweets (the old ritual), I had a new ritual of going downstairs at work and “treating” myself with a diet Coke and a cigarette. I especially did this on Saturday mornings ‘cause things are a bit less hectic than on the weekdays. Well, it was Saturday morning and I was working, and I felt the craving like a WAVE, even pictured myself walking to the store and buying cigarettes. But I was strong! and the feeling passed.

Kim, good luck at the book signing party. I guess if there is NOTHING to eat you can eat ahead of time and have nothing there...it took me a long time to realize that people don’t care if I eat or not!

Maables, welcome to the weekly support board! If you can stay on program at Chucky Cheese you can do just about anything!

Rhonda, I wish I had some special, magical words of encouragement for you but I’m only human too. All I can say is that it took me a long time to get it together. A LONG time. And a lot of things happened to get me to the point where everything is falling into place! I know this won’t last forever...I’ve had enough time in “recovery” to know that it’s two steps forward and one step back. But the good times are going to get longer and the “slips” are going to get much shorter...things are different because I have “tools” now to help me! And so do you....friends, posting here, things you do to release stress and reward yourself without food! I checked out Colleen’s website and the two of you are just awesome. You’ve come so far! What a difference in your “before” and “after” picture. You’re so pretty....and I see you like leopard print too...I love leopard print but have been banned from wearing it at work.

As for ice cream, that’s a tough one. I have done the MONUMENTAL step of giving up chocolate totally but I decided I would rather slit my wrist than live without ice cream!!!! But it’s still dangerous because I have a hard time controlling myself with it. I’m sure you’ve read that I make my own sugar-free ice cream. But for a while I’ve been doing the lesser of two evils and avoiding even that. Well, my new thing (I repeat) is making ice cream (I got an ice cream maker at Wal*Mart for only $30) and freezing it in mini ice cube trays (1/2 ounce per cube) then limiting myself to 3 cubes a day (heaven permitting! ) For three days this has been working for me, and believe me, I could eat half-gallon at one sitting!

Here is the basic recipe: Sugar-free ice cream

I like to make it richer by using 3 egg yolks instead of 2 eggs. I’ve also been using salt substitute instead of salt and it seems to be just as good. Add-ins include peanut butter, almonds and pureed strawberries. I haven’t tried: blueberries or instant coffee, but those are next. If you don’t have an ice cream maker you could just put the mixture directly into the ice cube trays. It won’t be as good though.

My roommate even liked the plain vanilla version, and he is the type who won’t eat anything but rocky road preferably with a side of nuts and marshmallows! So I can almost guarantee your kids will like it too.

Marie thanks for the suggestion on yoga. There is a class at my gym M W F 7:15 to 8:15. So I have been “meaning to” check it out but that would mean getting to work 45 minutes late, and I can’t manage to get my coworker to be there on time so I can be late. But yes, I think it would be great for stress.

Deb, I remember when I was 16 and went on that ill-fated crash diet, my mother told me I looked anorexic too. It was pretty bizzare because the lowest I got was 140 pounds (for a day or so) and I was a pretty fat 140 too since I had no muscle tone. Your mother must be off her rocker too because you look really good....HEALTHY in addition to being thin!

Made pancakes this morning! Another thing I find hard to control. But I looked at how much ww flour was a serving, and it said ¼ cup (130 calories) so I mixed that up with an egg and I forget how much soy milk, I think ¼ cup. It made three mini pancakes, a bit heavy but tasted good. Mixed up a teaspoon of blueberry fruit spread with a half teaspoon of agave nectar to make “syrup,” and fried up ONE additional egg for dipping. Very satisfying breakfast.

I had to lie down for two hours after I left work at noon today because of a headache. I used to have a headache almost all the time I realize. They would last three days or more at times. But since starting SB I haven’t had a headache at all until now. But resting seemed to help and it didn’t take hold. So I’m making sure I drink enough water.

I was going to do dancing tonight as my hour of cardio. But I have been enjoying my rollerblading so much that I may just go and do that in addition as soon as I’m sure the headache has gone away. I didn’t think I COULD get addicted to exercise in any form, even after all this time, but this is so much fun I can’t help myself! I’m so tripping out over it.

I talked to my boyfriend and told him I’ll be visiting Virginia. I’m going to DC to stay with him for a week, looks like, and I’m so excited and yet so nervous I could throw up (speaking mostly figuratively. When we were together I was really a different person, a person I don’t like, and he was at the same stage emotionally. Now a year has passed and we have both changed, but I think I’ve changed much more. So this is going to be a real test of my recovery.

Well time to be off. My friend is coming over for dinner, and I’m making burritos with ww tortillas, an on-program meal I hope the men will enjoy too!

Have a wonderful weekend all and I’ll see you later!

Love,

Chris
Old 04-07-2001, 10:47 PM   #198  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone!

Just got home, what a long day, been up since 6am, drove over 4 hours today-I'm just plum tuckered out!
Just wanted to check in with you all and say howdy do before I hit the hay for the night I'll be on sometime tomorrow, not sure when though-will respond to all the posts ASAIC!

NITE!

Debbie
194/131.5/129
Miami, FL
Old 04-07-2001, 11:03 PM   #199  

I had a great time last night at Relay For Life. We had a tremendous turn out too. In our parish (county to you) we sold & displayed 5,000 luminary bags (at $10/bag) around the track & lit the candles inside the bags at 9pm. Each white bag had the name of a person someone had lost to Cancer like my dad, or in honor of a cancer survivor like my mom. What a thing to see when all the lights were turned out & those candles lit. If you have an event in your area, I hope you take the time to attend. You won't regret it. I walked 5 miles as I had hoped to do. My Mother actually was able to walk 1/2 mile! I was proud of her. My oldest daughter was there with her 3 boys & one of them walked a mile with me.

We just got back from our company picnic where we ate boiled crawfish. I ate my fill & passed up the diet coke, potatoes, & the ice cream they had for dessert. I did however eat 1/2 corn on the cob...couldn't resist it. That is one of my weaknesses. We walked a mile around the catfish pond, then went to visit Martin Lake where they have a Bird Sancturary. We saw a beautiful Cypress Lake, nesting Egrets & other birds, alligators & crocodiles sun bathing. All this is within 50 miles of where we live & I had never been there before, or even knew about it. It was an enjoyable day.

AMSERAPHIM, It sure did feel great to be a part in that event & it is a very good cause. Glad to hear that you were able to chose healthy leftovers in place of take out. Dh & I were talking on our way home today about how we have learned to eat a light meal so often now instead of a heavy one the way we use to. It's so much better for us & for the scale & stomach too.

CHERI, Sure hope your ankle feels better soon. Hope your out of town week end is enjoyable.

DEBELLI, , Hope you enjoy your Passover Celebration.

VR, When you use NotePad for your posts, decrease the size of your window & the spacing will be better...you can also see this posts then too.

VIV, Your posts are NOT inadequate & neither are you! Sometimes we cannot get to read all the posts or even respond to them as we would like, but that does NOT make us a failure. Glad to hear that your Mom is better & due out of the hospital. And your DAD...hang in there... Oh, I at your explanation to Sparkle about your title “dieting, stressed out mom." Love it...Stress is a fact of life...you're soooooo right. We just have to DEAL with it.

ROSALIE, Glad to hear that you have decided to join in on that badminton tournament. I'm sure you will do great & it should be lots of fun. Enjoyed the chat this afternoon. Hope you get a good night's rest.

QUILTER, You & Maddie sure are getting into this walking...Proud of you! Hope you have a good time at the Book Release Party. BTW, Thanks for posting the instructions to cook the brown rice in the B & D Steamer...I have lost my booklet for mine, so I made a copy of your instructions & will try it out.

BEACHFAN, Glad to see you back with us. Sounds like you will still be pretty busy with the baseball season just starting. I know how it is with my 2 GS in soccer. It's practice almost every afternoon since they are on different teams & games every week end. But they enjoy it & my DD encourages them to do this. It is good for them to be so active. You'll be back down to that goal weight in no time the way you're going.

LAMAP, I'm sooooo glad I'm off this FULL MOON I agree, the strangest things happen with ER patients & even the ones on the floor during that time.

BEE, No typist here...started to HUNT & PECK 2 years ago when I first got this puter, now I 'm up to using at least 3 fingers on each hand But I do love to read & post here. Good for you, getting back on that bike.

SPARKLESCAMP, 10 miles, next thing we know you'll be crossing over into CA! Way to go girl.

OVERCOME, Yes, I think we do "test" ourselves when it comes to this WOE. Sometimes I think, well, I've been good, I've lost a few more lbs, so I'll just TREAT myself. But I think I need to learn to treat myself with things other than food. But that's life...we do it to ourselves over & over, don't we?

BOB, Way to go on being SMOKE FREE. All that housecleaning should make you forget about the cravings. And you know what else? Have you noticed the cigarette smell now that you've quit? I remember when I quit, I noticed the smell in my towels, linens, & other things & had to wash EVERYTHING to get the smell out. You don't notice that when you smoke. Just think, the INSPECTOR GENERAL will notice the difference too. Unless she's a smoker too...lol

maables Welcome to the board. Sounds like you handled your first temptation pretty well. I would think it would be ok to eat Sweet potatoes once a week. As far the Mendoza GI list, I find it confusing too. I pretty well follow the lists in the SB book. I know it's not a complete list, but you pretty well can get by with that one & when in doubt, ask...LOL

RHOO, You must be getting SICK of that ice & white stuff! My goodness, I sure hope you start warming up soon. Glad to hear that it was warm enough for a walk with friends today. Girl, that last picture of you & your friend taken in Mar are really awesome. You are sooooo close to your goal, just stick with it. And then you can do maintenance like Beach.

CATHYCATHY Thought of you today at the picnic...they were making fresh cotton candy...

Sorry it's such a long post gals, but like KIM said a while back, I felt the need to validate, communicate, etc
Old 04-08-2001, 12:06 AM   #200  

Hi All!!!
The book release party was fun. We were one fo the first to arrive so we got to talk with the author for a good while before the mobs ascended. Then spent the rest of the evening visiting with my friend. We were roommates back in our young carefree single days. Wow, another lifetime ago. I did really well on the food. They only had white wine, so I drank water. And I had some brie cheese (with out the crackers), one small piece of roast beef and a kebob of veggies. That was it. The waitress wanted me to try these little tart like thingys. But I politely passed. Later she brought them by again. I took it, but only ate out the filling which was sausage and cream cheese. Mmmmm. Tasty.

MAABLES---Wow, you really made it through a HUGE temptation with flying colors. Withstanding pizza crust has to be number one on my list of difficult foods I’d rather stay away from all together. That’s so great that you didn’t let the lack of selection deter you from this woe. I think I read somewhere that a person who is trying to LOSE weight should eat sweet potatoes no more than twice a week. But you know I can’t remember where I saw that. So we’d better wait on Deb’s answer before you plan your week’s meals.

RHROO---I am so sorry that you are having such difficulty right now. Man, that has to be the pits to be so close and be in “burn out” stage. Can I say, “Been there done that”. Once on weight watchers I got to within 3 pounds of my goal and quit and then proceeded to gain it all back. I have no idea what that was all about!!! Still frustrates the heck out of me that I blew it big time. I sure am hoping you will be able to get back on track. Don’t beat yourself up about it. That will only make it worse. My fingers are crossed as a good luck gesture to you. Hope the butt makes it into your new shorts!!!!!

ROSALIE---Wow, your town is well equipped for fitness. We have the YMCA’s but they are SO expensive. We just can’t afford that right now. Plus there really isn’t one close to us. Now that you started talking about Tai Chi, I must ask you to explain what that is. Is it kind of like karate? We have a wellness center at a nearby hospital and they offer many classes in Tai Chi. I’ve always been interested in it. But didn’t know what to expect. I’m glad you are going to give your yoga tape another try. Let me know how it goes. The ones I ordered from Amazon will hopefully be here by early next week. I’ll keep you posted. Also, glad to hear you had a relatively easy day at work.

MELF---The Relay for Life sounded so wonderful. Wish I could have been there to be a part of something so great!!! How good for you to do the 5 miles and also for your mom to be able to do a half. She’s probably rejoicing with each step around the track. I’ll bet there wasn’t a dry eye in the house when the luminaries were lit. Wow, breathtaking I bet. Glad you could also use the instrux for the steamer. Let me know what you think of the way it cooks the brown rice. I think sometimes I’ve measured my water scant (old fashioned term) and it’s been just a bit less sticky. Forgot to do that last night. But don’t leave out too much water.

Hope you all had a fantastic Saturday. Let’s hope the rest of the weekend is beautiful for everyone.
Take care.
Kim
185/171/139
Old 04-08-2001, 01:37 AM   #201  

Default BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!

Oh, what a beautiful day and an absolutely stunning wedding!!!!!!!1
Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner at my house. His side of the family asked if they could have it here and I said - no problem (wrong), Spent all day Friday getting tables set up and decorated. My 2 daughters helped. Friend of Lori made everything for the dinner and told her - no charge -- my wedding gift! They had baked ziti - that was about a mile high -lettuce salad with everything imaginable in it - an orzo salad with fresh asparagus, mushrooms, green and red peppers with a tangerine dressing -- that was awesome, home made garlice bread and angel food cake and fresh strawberries. Strawberries are in season down here and they were awesome. Well directions were bake ziti at 350 for 1/2 hours. I am thinking to myself it is going to take longer. Now remember it is HIS family that is supposed to be doing all the cooking , etc. etc. NOT!They all sat on their damn butts and did not do a damn thing. I was so pissed I could not see straight. I went out and talked to Joe - groom - and toldhim who from your family is going to fix everything. My mother -- well the ***** never came to the dinner.and guess who did everything - yep - middle daughter and me! They are getting a divorce and she decided she didnt want to come -- thank you so much for telling me. Got passed that. Problem with his sister and her husband. He said he did not feel well and wanted to stay home so he could come to the wedding. Well she called him and he was not home.Dinner did not get served until almost 6:30 -- took rather a long time -- oh, well. Then we had to go to the club to decorate and the majority left. - everyone was supposed to help. Oh there were only 16 there at dinner. 2brothers from Tampa forgot to tell Joe they forgot to take off from work - -- they called during dinner. We went to club and Decorated everything - DJ was setting up everything so we were dancing and had a great time.
WEDDING DAY -- if this is boring you I really do apologize but I have a lot of issues I have to get off my chest so guess who I am venting with -- all of you!!!!
George and I picked up flowers at 7:30 this morning. The girls go to get their hair done and the hair dresser is not there. Did not get there until 9:15. Now mind you the wedding is at noon and pictures are at 11. They did not get home until 10:30. My god - you talk about stress - oh please right now.
We did not leave the house until 11:15. Have to drive about 20 miles to get there. Then Sam - Melissa's boyfriend who is also the dj had to go beach side and pick up some friends. Music is supposed to start at 11:30. He gets the people (he had left at 9:30 and they were not ready) and drives all the way back to our house -- well we were all gone. Thank God for cell phones.We all arrived at 11:50!
Joe's mom shows up and does not speak to any one!
The girls dresses were a celadon shade - like a light celery - with beautiful bonquets of lilies - sweet peas - rubrum lilies a beautiful pink shade of roses. Dresses very plain 2 piece - long skirt and a short sleeve top with celadon sheer stoles. This was in a garden. But more like a forest -- they walked down this long walk way to the middle -- all brick now - with little cement benches -- more petunias and panseys - everything so green - a little bridge over pond - waterfalls - gorgeous. The dresses just blended in with everything.
Lori looked like Cinderall - tall version almost 6 ft.1. White dress with solid silver sparkly (looked like snowflakes) over the top. Top square neckline with 3 strps on each shoulder. Full skirt with many many layers of tulle and sprinkled all overwith silvery sparkles. Short veil - no train. Gorgeous - I am telling you -- she is a very beautiful girl - striking( am i proud or what). Ye s I will send pictures)
Well Joe's mom was there -- did not speak to lori or joe or to any of her other 5 children.
When they were saying their vows she walked right behind them and stood next to the father (her soon to be ex). No wrong part - it was where they ask if any one objects - etc. etc. Well I thought to myself - you had better not go there or I will take you out - right here and now! She had never been that way towards Joe or Lori. Ceremony over and now time for pictures. She goes up to her car. I yelled at her and said - we are doing pictures now Margie. Did she come down for pictures - NO. When we went up to the parking lot she had left and we never saw her again. All I wanted was just 5 minutes -- and believe you me she would never have forgotten those 5 minutes for the rest of her life. I can hardly wait for her to come to town again. I know she is not welcomed at Joe and Lori's house.
Reception was awesome - food was unreal. Will list menue at another time.
EVeryone comes back to our house and gets their clothes etc. etc. Joe and Lori take off and go back to their house to change etc. They were only going to Orlando to Lake Lucerne at a wonderful bed and breakfast. They want to paint inside of house - get plants for the yard - get caught up on things.

Did I mention that the sister Marie was having marital problems - I believe I did. Well everyone in the family always calls Joe to take care of situations. Marie had called her dad and said - dad can I come back home with the babies -- I am leaving Alvin -- who had said he was too sick to come to rehearsal dinner and he lied and had gone out and then did not show up for the wedding because they had a huge fight Friday night. So now Saturday night at 9 she is moving back to her dad's, She had to talk to Joe etc. Well Lori called and told me what was going on. She said we will go and check on Marie but then we are going to go to Orlando. I told her - it is YOUR day. All his other brothers and wives and children are staying at your house - they can take care of things and they need to leave you 2 alone. I am ready to do -- I dont know what.
Sunday we go to their house for a cook out and left over food to open presents. I hope nothing happens.
Then our son Justin will have to go back to Atlanta - has been so great with him here. You know you miss your children but when they come back for a while you realize how much you really mised them -- you know what I mean?
As far as me and my WOE -- I did not have time to eat - drank though. Had 1 bloody mary -- it was sooo good and then diet all the way.. Alot of people there had not seen me in a very long time - co workers with Lori at hospital -- they could not believe how much weight I had lost.. Oh that does make one feel good - doesnt it?
I would like to thank those of you that wished for me to have a great day and also thank you for wishing me good luck at Mayo's.
Well I have certainly talked your ears off and I do apologize for that.
This next week we are on spring break and hope to see the ocean - do not go in it - just like to lie by it -- it is so peaceful.
Now -- when will my house ever get back to NORMAL - I keep wondering if normal does not exist in these 4 walls.
Well everyone -- I am sorry for such a long post. Oh forgot - was it you beachfan -- you bet your bippy I am still watching you so watch out. You will get those pounds off -- you know that -- just hang in there.
EVeryone take care and thanks for thinking of me.
Love , Barbara
Old 04-08-2001, 10:42 AM   #202  

BARBEE---Whew, girl!! What a weekend!!! I have three things to say in response to your post:
1. Despite all the ick, the wedding sounded so beautiful. And Lori must have been so happy getting married in such a wonderful setting with you all there. Hope you were able to "shake your tailfeather" at the reception!!!
2. Joe is lucky that he married into your family. The poor guy probably has no clue as to what a normal group of adults is. Sounds like he has been deprived of a good family for a long time. Now he'll really start to LIVE!!!
3. Joe's mom needs to be severely hurt. I have to say I did LOL when you said that all you wanted was 5 minutes with her. What a wacko!!! She needs to get over herself and start thinking about others.
Okay, there is a fourth thing I need to say too and this is my final comment:
4. YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!! What a fantastic mom you are. You really are there through everything and I'm sure your kids are so thankful for that. It doesn't surprise me that you have such a great relationship with your kids. They know they can count on you. Way to go WONDER WOMAN!!! She cooks, she cleans, she organizes, she is able to take on evil mothers in a single bound!!!! If anybody needs to lie on the beach and relax and enjoy that sound of the ocean waves coming in, IT IS YOU!!!! Enjoy your spring break.

Well, sad news from this end. One of my dear uncles passed this morning. He's been fighting liver cancer for the better part of 6 months. But it just got the upper hand and wouldn't let go. Too much damage done. So Paul and I will go back home (to the east side of the state) for funeral service this week. We love going "home" and seeing family. But hate going for this reason. Send some good thoughts our way.

Thanks, gals. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Kim
185/173 (what's that all about this morning????)/139
Old 04-08-2001, 11:47 AM   #203  

Wow: there are a lot of post on here, I read as many as I could and had to do alittle skimming so If I missed you i'm sorry.

Goodmorning to all youwonderful Ladie

Quilter: I only feel my cyst on my wrist when I try to wear a watch or a long sleeve. So I stay away from them and then it doesn't hurt. Hope you had fun at the party. I'm sorry to hear about your uncles passing. I love going home but hate that it always seems to be for a furneral. So I know how you feel girl ((hug)) I'm praying for you.

Deb: Well girl I guess we both have Elephant thighs, cause that discribes my thighs perfectly. There are just some things you have to learn to live with. And I have to say in that picture you posted this wk I didn't notice a thing wrong with your face. Boy some people just like to tell us how to do everything. Your beautiful. By the way how do you give that I don' t care look. I need to use it.

Cheri: Hope you ankle feels better soon. It sounds very painfull. I'm saying a prayer for quck recovery. In the mean time ((hug)) to you.

Beach: so glad your back I've missed your post. talk about stress, boy do you have avery stressful job. I'm sure you handle i well. As for the 5lbs well were in the same boat. With the help of this board and staying on this WOE will lick it so don't get down on yourself.

Rosalie: Hubby is kicking this cold and now, has given it to Dayna. And let me tell you she has him beat when it comes to "woe is me" she really plays on it. I pity the guy she marries some day cause he's not going to get any babying she's going to want it all/

Viv: My prayers are with you, I toowent through this with my Dad and it's so hard. Especially when you live far away as I do to. Keep positive thought and were here for you.

Well Hubby is up an hungry so I must go but I'm thrilled to be able to post on the wk end. maybe I'll not have so much reading to do tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday love to all Glory
Old 04-08-2001, 02:36 PM   #204  
Chatroom Oldie

Well it's Sunday and I just finished eating a huge bowl of salad filled with boiled shrimp. Yum Yum

I have a "victory" to share and an "oh oh" to share. Yesterday I ran the roads with my mom and we ended up eating lunch at Logans Restaurant. I had a piece of her steak and a salad for lunch. The "victory" is that I did not even touch the rolls - much less eat them! Logan's must have the best rolls in the whole wide world and I passed them up! I was so proud of myself and I was really full and satifised with the piece of steak (that was wonderful) and a salad.

Now for the "oh oh" and its a biggie too! We always pick up donuts for Sunday School (my hubby and I have the Senior Girls and Guys classes and you know those teens love donuts). Well usually if there are any left I make sure that they are given away and that they don't even reach my car. Without realizing it my dear sweet hubby put the left over CHOCOLATE COVERED donuts in the trunk of my car and when I got home and opened the trunk to bring everything in - well there they were. Before I even realized what was happening one of those great big CHOCOLATE COVERED donuts opened the box, ran out and jumped right into my mouth. I ended up eating a half of one before fighting it off with all my might! Now my eyes are glazed over and I am on a SUGAR HIGH. Still had enough piece of mind to go ahead and fix my shrimp salad and just get on with it, but boy do I feel bad for eating some of that donut. Of course, I know that I should be glad that I didn't eat the whole thing, but still feel bad about falling "off the wagon". Rats!

The battle rages on!!!!!!

I knew the weekend was gonna be the hardest part of staying on program and I was right.

Hope yall are all having a SugarFree Day! Watch out for those killer donuts! They're dangerous!

cathy
Old 04-08-2001, 05:36 PM   #205  

Here's a quickie . . .

CATHY2---Well, girlfriend, join the very large club called the "I've Fallen Off the Wagon Club." Most all of us (except Deb, of course) have been right where you are. I remember eating a cheese danish after starting sugar busters. Even though the angel on my right shoulder was dishing out a big bowlful of guilt , I kept right on eating. At least you stopped half-way through. We'll help hoist you back up on the wagon. Don't feel bad. It's good that you got on and posted about it. "Confession is good for the soul and the sber."

Kim
180/173/139
Old 04-08-2001, 06:15 PM   #206  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

Boy, I felt so disconnected from the board not being on a million times yesterday-I really miss the board when I'm not able to go on.

Our Sedar was nice. We are so un-Jewish, we do our own little version of a Sedar, and my Uncle, who has the dryest sense of humor actually showed a little yesterday during the Sedar, going through the service and then going "and yada yada yada" to skip over parts. We are definintely Jewish, but definintely NOT religious, at least I'm not. A JAP, I am not!

Anyhow, the food was not an issue at all for me. My Aunt had WW matzah for me to use, I had no wine, nothing questionable. The desserts didn't phase me, I take that back, the humongous box of Godiva chocolates was passed around and that looked interesting, but I didn't have any-just looked interesting!

Met the guy who invented the Powerbelt, a real cute kid-in his late 20's. Very nice and told me he'd have a prototype sent to me when they make the new version of the Powerbelts I love that thing!!!!

Anyhow, not sure what I am going to get done today. I just got in from my walk, again, no desire to go, but pushed myself out there. Went 3.5 miles for a total of 26 miles this week. You'd think with being so good and walking so much I'd be losing, but no, I'm up today by 1/2lb! Go figure!

Finally made a Dr. appt for Tuesday morning for my eyes, or should I say, the skin around my eyes. It's not going away and I'm looking older than the hag I am already-so with much prodding from Sharon, I made an appt. How I hate going to the Dr.!

RHROO, got the pics-they're great. I have to find a way to reduce them, they are too big to post directly onto the board, but if I can't, I'll get them posted on my homepage-I have a few of them to do, so please, bear with me. Trust me, I am FAR from being anorexic, it's a joke for anyone to even think that of me. I guess they've always seen me as being so fat that anything remotely close to being normal must look like anorexia to them!

BEE, if you like our wit and humor on the board, you should get onto the chats! Is there a way you can get onto them-I don't even know what the difference in time for you there is from us-how many hours difference is there from eastern standard time? Good for getting back on the bike, just like a diet, when you fall off the wagon, gotta climb right back on! I'd think the Joknal would be lots cheaper for you there, considering they don't have to ship it half way around the world,customs, etc!

SPARKLE, hope you had a good night out on Saturday. The ice cream sounds yummy! I love PB ice cream. I'm going to have to try it in the ice cube tray, that's a great idea! Do you cook those egg yolks before putting them in the ice cream maker??

MELF, glad to hear your run was a success! How did you do in it? What a wonderful tribute to everyone with the lighted bags, must of been very pretty.

OVERCOME, I'm going to try to find a good explanation for you on the GI index and the candies that are lower on the GI than some fruits. I don't think my laymans explanation would be worthy, so let me see what I can find out from a more "professional source". Ash, maybe the eating problem you had was more hormonal rather than testing, I get famished and want to load up on carbs during mid-cycle, luckily I have SB legal things to overload on, maybe your lapse was due to something hormonal and you took what was at hand. I've got to say, the only thing I can say I miss is popcorn at the movies. I really wouldn't worry about it though, as you are at goal, you should try to see if you can add small amounts of foods that you avoided before back into your diet-in moderation-and see how you do with them. They may have no effect at all on you-not like you eat popcorn every day!!!

AMSER, glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope this cough doesn't linger for you, it's such a pain. Hope you were able to get out on the boat, I'm sure the sun would of been good for your cough. My Father was in Paris and they tried to pick his pocket, little did they know if they would of gotten it, my Father NEVER has any money on him!! LOL!! They tried to do it in Vegas as well. I guess they must have tourist written on their foreheads!

BEACH, glad to see you are down another pound. Yes, I'm close to goal, but still so far away. I take one step forward and 2 steps back. I think my mind is playing body games! I wonder how, with all the walking I do and staying on track that I don't lose, but I gain-I know I'll lose it, but when you are so close, it seems like it's taking forever!!!

VIV, how was your Sedar last night??

BIGO, so, I'm sure you made it through day six with no cigs with flying colors! How's day 7 so far???

QUILTER, Sorry to hear about your Uncle, my condolences to you and your family. Glad to hear you are getting in your walking, I'm sure Maddie has been thrilled as well. Sounds like you had fun at the book release, how's this guys books? Is it anyone we'd of heard of??

MAABLES, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Glad you've decided to join us. Glad to hear you prevailed at Chuckie Cheese's. I eat sweet potatoes, and I guess "in moderation" just means not on a daily basis. Moderation for one person is different for another. With servings, they say 1/3 of a SP is considered a serving. I personally probably have about 3 SP a week. I found making them in the pressure cooker is wonderful! The GI index that SB uses is the one that's Glucose if I remember correctly (if I'm wrong, please correct me, my mind isn't what it use to be). Moderate GI foods can be eaten without trouble, in moderation, depending on what it is-remember, not ALL foods on the GI list would you eat just because they in the moderate range, like those MnM's or Snickers bars Keep asking those questions, keeps us on our toes!!!

ROSALIE, I guess the chocolate for me is more of a test than a desire to have it. I want that stash so badly, yet I don't even really eat it, esp. the way I thought I would. I haven't had a piece on over a week now-AMAZING! I know Mom is happy for me, but maybe someone, like my Grandmother, complained that I look anorexic, like she use to tell everyone I was too fat-guess I can't win! Please let us know how the yoga tape is, I'm curious to know.

Here is is, now almost 6pm, had no time to finish this post in the morning, so here I am, continuing...

BARB, WOW, what a day you had! Lori's new MIL sounds like a real beaut! I knew she was a winner, but geez, she's worse than that. I'm sure that even though there were little problems, the whole family had a wonderful time. I'm sure you looked radiant as the MOTB and I can't wait to see pictures. How many people showed up for the wedding/reception? LOL! QUILTER says Joe married into a normal family-if she only knew!!!!! At least you aren't stuffy and stuck up like Joe's mother seems to be, but normal, hmmmm.

GLORY, well, at least we have more than one thing in common! True, I can always wear long pants, the world is NOT going to see these thighs, it's bad enough Eli has to do so! Hmmm, my no-care attitude came from when I cared so much about what others thought and how I tried to please them, but was never happy myself. When I took on this attitude this is when I started feeling better about myself and was able to lose weight, for me. Of course, I do care that people think I am a nice person, as I think I am, but to care about what they thought about my weight and the way I looked was something that consumed me-I learned that life is too short to care about those things-like I said, no matter WHAT you do, there is no pleasing these types of people, they'll only find something else to pick on.

CATHY2, well, lets just say for today, the victory and the oh oh cancel each other out and you had a okay day Glad you just continued on the rest of the day as usual and didn't take that downfall as a license to have a free-for-all. continuance. Even though QUILTER makes me sound like a goody-two-shoes for not cheating, just remember, EVERYONE has their setbacks, one way or another.

Whew, finally this post is finished! I better get it on the board before this piece of junk I call a computer locks up on me again!

Please remember TOMORROW STARTS THE NEW WEEKLY BOARD and it's MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY tomorrow, so if you have any words of wisdom or great quotes you'd like to share with the board, please try to post them tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone!!!!

Debbie
194/132/129
Miami, FL
Old 04-08-2001, 07:35 PM   #207  

DEB---I didn't intend to make you sound like a goodie-2-shoes. I hold you up as our invincible leader. You are the Oh-wise-One, the Oh-Strong-One, the Oh-Fast-Walker-One and the Oh-On-Program-One. Come on, girl, I would NEVER want to include you in with all of us who's backsides have hit the pavement on our way off the wagon. LOL. Glad your Seder was good. Sounds like a fun group. Nice going on giving Godiva the cold shoulder.

Where is everyone today??? Must be good weather all over! Hope you all had good weekends. We leave tomorrow late afternoon to go back home. The funeral is Tuesday at 11. God bless our neighbors. They have agreed to keep Maddie for the night. I love Miss M dearly, but she really ties us down.

Take care.
Kim
185/173/139
Old 04-08-2001, 08:11 PM   #208  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default DAY 7 ....NO CIG!!!

EVENING EVERYBUDDY

DEB....WHERE'S THE OTHER PIG???? That one sure doesn't look like he's ALONE!!!!
Made it through day 7 OK so far...lost my patch while in a dressing room at the OUTLET MALL!!! That was about
3pm and I've not had time to think about smoking UNTIL NOW!!!!
Contributed to your retirement fund today...two pounds of coffee and FOUR BIG MUGS....hadn't seen them before, and couldn't resist...
Learned something today...DANSK and LENOX are combing almost all of their stores...They are both owned by JACK DANIEL'S (yummmmmm)

KIM I saw the PET PARADE on TV this morning that was held in Cincy.....funny....I didn't see you and Maddie!!!
Sorry about your Uncle...Have a safe trip...

I bought 2lbs scallops today ($5.99) (big ones) Can't wait to broil those babies....in GARLIC!!!!!

Well, being the good little friend of the JAP in Miami, I'm watching the TEN COMMANDMENTS.....never miss it...

I'll catch all of you tomorrow..Have a good evening...

BARB....sound like a good time over there...Sorry I missed it...GET SOME REST....YOU DESERVE IT!!! Put that thong on and go to the beach!!! Watch out though, all the girls will be after GEORGE!!! Enjoy your vacation...

BOB
Old 04-08-2001, 08:47 PM   #209  

Well Talk about a 100% turn around (won't hold my breath!) I did sooooo well today i even surpised myself!! I got up an early before church and did my step tape had boiled egg and grapefruit for breakfast-lunch was BIG haddock baked with ww ritz crackers kinda legal -sweet potatoe and summer squash i was very full i think this is part of my problem i am not getting in normal meals. Today was my sons mother son hockey game a local farm team took and apple and a package of peanuts (rodeo mom's tip!) Had my water sugar free gum and candy woooo hoooo ate nothing from the hockey game but had intentions!!!!! Just got home had a salad with some cheese now a big glass of water maybe a diet soda (caffine free!) I talked to a mother of one of my sons school mates about weight and sugar busters -i might have a recrute! LOL SHe was really impressed with my skin i really think this is from the sugar being out of my system (well kinda!) Its funny when your struggling and you talk to someone about health and weight loss how good it sounds! LOL I need to practice what i preach!! It was nice to get some compliments from other moms who havn't seen me since the fall. I really hope i can continue this! I know i can -boy do i sabotage myself!! Thanks everyone for checking out my buds web page!!! And for all the kind words!

Rosalie-how was the yoga tape? did you sweat? Hope you didn't work to hard this week end!! thanks for checkin out the page!

Sparkles-Can i ask how old you are??? I really think you are getting it together and i really appreciate your honesty in your posts. You are always on the money and i can realate to you!!! I wish there was some magic out there for us but ya know we wouldn't appreciate our accomlishments as much if there was right? I really think that THIS time with me losing the weight and focusing on the health part of it is really helping me stick with this its all in our attitudes!! I hope you get where you want to get also!!! Thanks for checking out the web page! Those where my new suede pants i got for xmas from my sister!! I was struttin my stuff!! I am proud of what i have done i can't give up i won't !!!! thanks again!!! I think i am getting me some roller blades for the summer myself i wanted to last year but was chicken!!

Melf-OUr relay for life is in June. I am walking for a team with my sister. It is fun and for a good cause. My hubbys family is starting a team this year but i can't do two teams!! His family has been touched with this horrible disease and this event is really fun -i only hope for sun not rain! I am sick of the snow-today it rained and it was icey can we say spring??? But it melted alot of the dirty snow! that craw fish pic really scared me!! LOL you sounded like you had a great day!

Quilter-Glad you had fun at the book signing! you have such will power!!! Thanks for the kind words and for checking out the web page! It is motivating for my friend i think it helps her to help others. When i started WW in July 99 i read alot of before and after pages and sucess storys they helped me alot! it made me want to suceed. I think i am going though and "attitude plateau" i want to be "normal" "cured" !!! I also want to be healthy and strong and happy. This butt WILL fit in those cute shorts i bought!! Thanks again!!!

Glory-hope hubby is feeling better!!!

Barbee- you must be a saint!! I have a five year old and i am teaching her the word alope!!!! Quilter is right Joe is lucky to be marring into a "normal" family!! You sound like your glad its over with!!!!! I hope we get to see some pictures!!

Cathy2- Your doing fine! Nice to know you are human too!!! Keep up the great work don't let a slip up get you down!!! I am having a hard time with week ends also! Today though was a good day for me!

Deb-Glad you Passover was a good one! Not a JAP? I cracked up at that one! I though of you when i watched the Rugrats yesterday!!!! Thanks for letting me know about the pic!! I am not worried about how long it takes!!! I will be shocked to see myself posted!!!!!! My mom saw me at church today and i had on a dress (long story!) she just stares and i can hear what she is thinking! My sister in law was there and told her i am not to thin!!!! It must be a Mom thing or a jealousy thing!!!!

Well gotta do a search for my son! Last minute that kid will be the life of me!!!! Thanks for the motivation everyone!!! We can do this!!!
Rhonda
201.2/14?/135-whenever!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 09:27 PM   #210  

Hi Everyone

No time for a long post but wanted to say hi and tell everyone how great they sound.

Barb: WOW...you are the mother of the year. Sorry that the MIL was not the greatest...it really is sad for Joe and Lori but also for her. She will someday regret her actions! What goes around comes around.

Deb: Glad you had a good time. You'll get to goal weight soon.

Sparkle: All the issues you are dealing with I have! They don't go away but you have to decide that you can get past those negative thoughts. It hasn't been easy and at 39 it has taken me many many years. I've been to goal weight 2 times and both times immediately bounced back up. This time I hope I can break that cycle.

I made a decision to plan my maintenance and so far that has worked....there was no celebration meal when I hit goal. I also keep telling myself that losing the weight was only a very small part of the battle. I too have been trying to get my mental, physical and spiritual self in order. I also have money issues that I have have made the decision to get under control. I think success is making a plan and sticking to it.

BOB: Stay with it! You are doing the right thing. Wonder if the trick with brushing your teeth when you are hungry would help when you have a cig craving. I know it kept me from eating when I was hungry.

Dropped 2 more pounds this morning. Did very well today on plan. Walked 5 miles yesterday and 3.5 today. My niece and daughter are trying to train for a marathon so they walk with me and then run too. Gives me good company!

See ya'll

Anna
222/139/140
Closed Thread