Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How well traveled are you? How many countries have you stepped foot in?
None, it's only the good old U S of A that's seen my feet! 7 20.00%
I've been to 1 other country 6 17.14%
Ive been to 2 other countries 5 14.29%
I've been to 3 other countries 3 8.57%
I've been to 4 other countries 0 0%
I've been to 5 other countries 2 5.71%
I've been to more than 5 countries, but less than 10 7 20.00%
I've been to more than 10 countries, but less than 15 4 11.43%
I've been to more than 15 countries, but less than 20 1 2.86%
I've traveled to more than 20 countries! 0 0%
Traveled to other countries? Heck, I haven't traveled outside my state! 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:32 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Oh, yea- the recipe amount is more for a side dish for a family- just double the recipe for a main dish. We had grilled hamburgers(no buns) and salad with it.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:54 PM   #107  

Default 1st day of theraphy (sp)

Got my 1st therapy today and I am laying on this table and look down the row and see 3 ladies get similar treatment, those electric waves on patches, So I broke the ice and said good morning ladies and started to chat, and told war stories on bad backs ect. and we had 15 mins and so they all said well Super Dave hope to see you on friday, so welcome to our club. I said this reminds me of my other club/board I'm in called 3 fat chicks, we all are overweight. So now on Friday I am supose to fill them in on our diet and board.
Teensybean thank you and if I mean it,

collen thank you also:

Crysatal where has my Dallas friend been I have not hear from you?

Jackie O thanks for the prayers they are working.

Jack-K The pills make me kind of wired up, but I have a type A personallity anyway.

Big orange Like you cheerleader she's cute.
Well ladies I just got home from work and it past 10:30 Pm so Good night and God Bless.

SuperDave
Old 10-02-2003, 12:31 AM   #108  

It's late again, but wanted to let you know that the walleye was fantastic. I also battered some zucchini and deep fried it. Needless to say.....way to much fat today. That won't be happening for a long time again.

I tried some Best Foods mayo called Just 2. Only has 2 grams of fat.....it is awful. I made some tartar sauce and ended up throwing it out. I went back to the real thing....more fat for my dinner tonight. I did eat very low fat all day up until dinner. Hope I haven't damaged myself too bad. Why did I decide to cook this now??

We are leaving in the morning for the lake. Our last time out. We are taking the dogs, and will be gone until Saturday. So hope all of you have a great few days, and see you when we get home.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:15 AM   #109  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Or so I thought I was going to be - it's 1:15am and I can't sleep but not in the mood to post either-will surf the net a bit and see if maybe that will get me tired. ELI is in the living room watching TV, he's got the same problem as well. He thought he was keeping me up and went in there-we're both looking like the walking dead!

See you in the morning!

Deb
Old 10-02-2003, 02:13 AM   #110  

Default Trishaloo

Hey Tex from Austin area, I go down there about 4 times a year, and it is good to hear from my neighbors from Tx.

SuperDave

Deb: Howdy can not sleep either,it's 1:20 Tx time AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #111  

Good Morning!

Today started out hectic. I sure hope it improves! Had to drive Laura to school, and right now I am taking a breather before packing up to go teach my cake decorating class.

For breakfast, I had bacon and coffee with cream. Not too nutritious, but filling and nothing terribly off program. At class today, we will be working with royal icing, which doesn't taste very good, so hopefully, it will pose no temptation for me.

While at the store yesterday, I got some awesome deals! They had packages of a dozen ballpoint pens for 20 cents, so I got four. They also had packages of two Master combination locks, marked $3. I picked up several packages, and they actually rang up as $1.50 a package! That is 75 cents a lock! I paid $6 for one about two months ago! They also had spiral bound theme books for 30 cents. I got a couple of those, and when I decided to pick up more and went back, they were all gone! Oh well! I was pleased with the deals I got!

Time to get rolling here! Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 10-02-2003, 08:45 AM   #112  

Hello everyone.

Well I ended up having to call the clinic to get them on the ball. They were supposed to call me when the results came in but they didn't. Geez they can be so irritating. Anyway, her test came back positive, which I figured it would since she started running a temp yesterday morning. Got her started on an antibiotic last night, so hopefully by the weekend she'll be doing a lot better. I'm glad I found it before it got real bad. Then my "trip" to Wal-Mart ended up pissing me off. I went to get Katie's med, and couldn't get it because the nurse at the clinic called it in under Autumn's name. They know Autumn doesn't take that med, they had just been looking at her records and of course it's not in there. The pharm. is supposed to call them today and get it all straightened out, so I'll be taking another "trip" to Wal-Mart.

Pancho, Those pretzel bits are good aren't they. I had a few yesterday too.

Jack-k, Really? I talked to a woman in the commissary yesterday and she said that all of her kids had their tonsils out when they were little, and her daughter had gotten it again after having them out, and when the doc looked in there again he had left a little piece of tonsil in there. She said that after they had theirs out they never did have any more sore throats of any kind. That would be so nice for the kids cause I know how much a sore throat hurts. They don't like to take them out too much anymore though.

BOB, I sure did come out with more then just the med. Actually I didn't even get the med for Katie, those idiots at the clinic here on base called it in under Autumn's name!

Well I've got a messy house again, mainly dishes and laundry which is a never ending job, then I've got a few other things that I've got to run out to do (go back to Wal-Mart and get Katie's med), so I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 10-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday..

Went to the liquor store last nite. Bought a bottle of wine, but when I got home didn't even want it. Oh well. I had a popcicle instead. I am hooked on these popcicles right now. only 3 calories, no sugar, no fat. I figure they can't be too bad. I ususally have 3 a night. But they really hit the spot. I figure it's better than a bowl of ice cream.

Then we stopped in Carnival Shoes. I needed a pair of brown dress shoes. They had buy 1, get 1 1/2 off. So of course I bought 2. I could have bought about 10. Why is it when you aren't looking for something you can find bunches, but when you are, you can't find anything.

Did my wt training, but skipped my walking. Hip still hurts but not as painful. It just hurts to sit a long time. Hope that shot helps before I get on the plane.

Bob: Have you started on the ark yet? Dh's boss is in Sarasota right now. Guess he's not having a g good vacation.

Fillise: Have a great day.

Teensy, thanks for the recipe, I think I'll try it. Was it very coarse? Good mind set on the exercise. That way you get it done.

Tranquil, now that things are calming down we expect you to be back on this board on a regular basis. Congrats on your loss. But not agood way to do it. You need to grab SErene and bring her back too.

Gator, try not to work so hard. I figured out the second post.

Momtomaya, Wow, congrats on breaking that 200 mark. That is such a wonderful feeling. Now just keep that motivation and keep going down. You can do it. Pick up that water some more. 64 oz is recommended. You can do it. It really helps.

Talitha, Pat yourself on the back. You did great yesterday. Doesn't look like you are eating enough though. Be careful.

Monet, what are we going to do with you? You need some Calgon time. Relax, pamper yourself and get your head together.Don't spin to far out of control, you might get a visit from the Detox Dungeon.

Heartmom, thanks for the recipe. It sounds great. My whole family loves quiche. I think I will give it a try. WTG on getting in that tape.

Dave, hope the therapy helps. WTG on the SB recruiting.

Jenn, hope Autumn gets better soon. You caught it pretty early so that should help. Don't you just hate incompetedness.

Need to get busy. Have a great day.

Jackie
Old 10-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #114  

Good Thursday a.m. to you all!

I ate an entire bag of snack popcorn at 8: p.m. last night. I thought I"d be up on the scales this morning, but I'm not....go figure! It was a good treat. I watch very little t.v., but decided to check out the new Bachelor series that started last week (women can be so petty). It is amusing.

Not much planned for today again, but plan to get to the gym tomorrow when DD is in school. My calves are a little sore from my workout a few days ago, and I work them every time I work legs. Maybe I did a different angle or something.

heart: Glad the kids enjoyed the fair....corn dogs $15, carnival rides $35, face painting $12, memories...priceless. Does that sound like an American Express commercial (ha). Congrats on the 180....YOU CAN GET BELOW THAT!!! Stay op this week and hang in there, and you will see those numbers go down.

BOB: thanks for the funnies.

Jack-K: I sure hope your hip feels better soon; probably a good idea to skip the walk. I have to stop "browsing" when I don't need anything because that is always when I find something I LOVE but don't need. But, as you stated, when I need something, I cannot find it anywhere.

Teensy: I can't wait to try the bread. Could you replace the sugar with Agave in the bread machine? Have fun at your farewell lake trip today!

Tranquil: You lost 11#'s from being sick? OUCH, what a way to lose. I hope it stays off for you; you worked hard for it.

Gator: I wondered if we'd get a translation I thought we might have to take French just to come to the board. Boy, you sure are busy; thanks for checking in with us.

MomtoMaya: Congrats on getting to 197; it is soooo fun to see those numbers start going down. You will get to 160 again if that is where you want to be! You are on the right track, just stay positive and motivated, and hang in there.

Talitha: I'm taking the whip from Country and planting it square on your behind. YOU HAVE TO EAT BREAKFAST!!! When you get up in the morning, your body has not had any food in 8-12 hours, and it is really wanting you to feed it. If you don't your body will go into survival mode and start hanging on to the dinner from the night before "for dear life" and not wanting to let you have it to burn. The more you eat (reasonably) the more you will lose. Breakfast gets that metabolism rolling for the day. I will get off my soapbox now and say that you did well yesterday on your eating, and fantastic passing up on the temptations; there will be so many more coming up in the next few months....Lord help us! I go to Taco Bell more frequently than I'd like to admit. I usually get two chicken soft tacos and put them on my own tortillas. But, when it is an unplanned visit, I usually order the chicken taco salad, and don't eat the shell. There are some refried beans in the bottom, but not enough to worry about. Have a great OP day.

Monet: HANG IN THERE.

DEB: Hello, girlfriend!

SuperDave: Way to recruit those ladies; hopefully we'll see them on the board soon!

jecrites: Sorry to hear that Autumn's test came back positive, and that you had to call! I can't believe they wouldn't have called right away with a positive test result. My brother-in-law is in the military and I hear the same woes from my sister. Here, they take a rapid strep test in their office, and if it comes back positive they give you a prescription right there in the office. If not, they send the sample in, and call the prescription in for you if the send-off sample comes back postive. They run it in 24 hours, and then again in 48. Anyway, I hope she is better soon, and that the other girls do not get it too. Strep has been going around DD's class, but hasn't got her yet. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed. I do like those pretzels. I will have to take a few out and put the bag away to keep from overindulging.

Well, better go feed the little one who just woke up.

HAVE A FANTASTIC OP DAY, EVERYONE!!
Nat
Old 10-02-2003, 11:06 AM   #115  

Good morning to everyone. I am just getting into the office and had time to check in with my sugarbusters peeps. Things are continuing to go well and I exercised this morning with my trainer. I am really starting to see the results in my upper body, where before I had NO STRENGTH. I have these nice little definitions in my upper arms (although I am sure I am the only one that notices)......
Pancho- way to go on the popcorn not showing up on the scales. That is DEFINITELY my #1 addiction.
Jecrites- Hope your daughter gets well soon.
SuperDave- Way to go on converting people to this website! Get well soon.
I will try to post more later, as my client just arrived......
Old 10-02-2003, 11:20 AM   #116  

Good Morning;

I started out my morning with a 1/2 mile walk, know it's a short distance, but I haven't walked in 6-8 months. Made a commitment to walk 1 1/2 miles 4 times a week. Will have to build up my endurance Will walk another 1/2 mile before I go to work, if I have the time I will walk on my lunch to finish the day, if no time I will just finish about 1am on the old trusty treadmill.
I lost you all and just now found this thread again.
Here's my recipe for the day ( or do I need to post it somewhere else?)
SHRIMP ROYALE
(Sugar Bust For Life-Brennans)

1 lb. boiled peeled shrimp
1 8oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 Tb. lemon juice
2 Tb. chopped parsley (optional)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. salt
3 dash Tabisco

Dice shrimp into small pieces. In bowl blend cream cheese with green onions, celery, lemon juice, parsley, salt , Tobasco sauce, and mayonnaise. Gently fould in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours. Serve with Triscuts. Serves 6.

I love this dip, make it often for Dallas Sunday's.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:24 AM   #117  

Good morning! I have a pretzel question! Are you guys just getting the regular sourdough Snyder pretzels?? I looked at the ingredients and I thought it said unbleached wheat flour. i hope someone can clarify this, because if Im aloud to have a Snyder pretzel I am going to the store right now.

TEENSY - I didnt mean that the machine was big...just bigger than I thought it was. I was confusing it with something else. i agree compared to the other things out there, it is small. Just not was I was expecting. I think i may just go for it, and buy it!

JACKIE - Hows the hip???

Gotta run
Chris
Old 10-02-2003, 11:27 AM   #118  

Good morning everyone. It's an absolutely gorgeous day in Central Texas, low humidity, 64 degrees, sunshine. Only problem is I'm stuck in an office and can't enjoy it. Oh, well, at least the week-end is almost here. We went to a Mexican restaurant last night for drinks and appetizers for our friend's birthday. I took my Triscuits to eat with my queso (with guacamole) and hot sauce. Had a glass of red wine instead of a margarita. Hooray for me!!

Talitha - Congrats on the loss. Surely you can count chasing a 9 month old as a little exercise. Thanks for the thought about taking the Triscuits. It really helped and I can honestly say not one chip crossed these lips. I had a couple of stuffed jalapenos, that were really spicy and really yummy. Congrats on staying away from those temptations. Doesn't it feel great!
Crystle - I know you live around Houston somewhere. How far from Galveston are you. We're doing the cruise from there next spring and going a day or 2 early. Maybe we could meet up somewhere??? Let me know what you think.

GreenRN - 100 duram semolina pasta is legal also, smaller types like angel hair are better, something about the extrusion process. I have been able to find that in the supermarket without any problem. My family doesn't like the WW pasta either, but I do have them eating brown rice without any problem. Also, watch the Splenda. I was using it until Deb mentioned that it made her stall. I've noticed the same thing and gone back to Equal. I know some people have a problem with the aspertame, but I use so little of it, I haven't had a problem (just use it in my coffee and occassionally on fruit). Good for you getting the bad food out of the house. Where in Oklahoma are you? I grew up in a small town in North Texas just about 15 miles from the TX/Oklahoma border. Are you a Sooner fan? TX/OU is right around the corner. I have a feeling we're going to get creamed.

Pancho - Good for you getting that exercise in. 4:30?? That's dedicated.

ChrisD - Did you find a costume? I think those little pumpkin suits are sooo cute.

Jack-K - How's that hip doing? Those SF popsicles are my lifeline. The fudgsicles are good too.

JackieO - Hey, like they say in Vegas, a push is almost as good as a win!!

Jecrites - Is Autumn better? I hate it when our kids are sick. In one of Jordan's letters from boot camp, he had been a little sick. No matter how old they get, you still worry about them.

Heartmom - My husband would have been doing the barf dance on that ride. He was at an EMS conference last week and they had a driving simulator for sale. He was testing it out and had to make them stop and let him out. My tough guy!! Thanks for the quiche recipe. That looks yummy.
BOB - Loved the funny.

Fillise - Thanks for the welcome back. I missed you guys too.

Teensy - That bread sounds yummy. May have to make some this week-end.

Sabrina - Hi there. I missed where you went to in the Caribbean??? Glad you're feeling better.

Gator - That's terrific that you're mentoring a young girl. That must be very rewarding.

Momtomaya - Woohoo, under 200 that's a major milestone. Congrats and good for you rewarding yourself.

Monet - Honk, honk!!! That's me in the wagon coming round to pick you up! I'm racing BOB to come get you.

Superdave - Let me know the next time you're coming through here. Do you have family here?

Whew, I think I got to everyone. Have a great day, everybody.

Trish
Old 10-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #119  

One of those quickies...

Thought I'd get caught up this morning but it just ain't going to happen. Went back to sleep and got up about 11ish. Have to run in the shower and run to my parents house to get a phone number for them. Have been on the phone calling different places for them of things that need to be taken care of. Wasn't planning on going over there but I have to now. Hoping that I can see my Grandfather while I'm there but he won't be home til after 2pm (what he said last time too) and I don't know if I need to stay down around that area til that time.

I don't have a thing to do tomorrow, at least not as of yet, so maybe tomorrow, if not earlier, I can get on the computer and post - I do have a partial I started yesterday if that gives me any points

Toodles

Deb
Old 10-02-2003, 11:56 AM   #120  

Here's our MAIN MAN SUPERDAVE!!!
Closed Thread