Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you could have the perfect body , or add 20yr to your life, what would you choose?
I\'d choose the perfect body of my choice 14 43.75%
I\'d choose to add 20 years to my life 18 56.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 06:35 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/29-5/5

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please visit our NEW 2002 BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our APRIL/MAY/JUNE 2002-SECOND QUARTER RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14779

We have NINE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!!

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

Want to post your weigh in results, we have a MONTHLY WEIGH IN BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=15770

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=15771

DO YOU HAVE A MONTHLY GOAL? Post your End of Month Goal on our new GOAL BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=15769

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001/2002 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

Visit our monthly FOOD FOR THOUGHT BOARD were you can post a daily menu and see other board members menus!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14780

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 04-29-2002, 06:40 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I think it says a lot:

STARTING POINT

Regardless of how far behind you may be, you always can choose to move forward. Though people and events and circumstances may conspire against you, you can decide to move ahead anyway.

Success depends on your direction, not on your position. No matter where you may be, it is always within your reach, and you can always begin to work for your own special success.

It's perfectly okay to be where you are. Because from where you are, you can move steadily to wherever you desire to be. Sure, it's probably not the ideal situation, and yet it is a starting point. It's the starting point you have, and one from which you most certainly can move forward.

It will happen because you decide to make it happen. It will happen because you'll do what's necessary to make it happen. This day, this place, this situation is your starting point. Now is your moment to reach as high as you care to reach. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Decide for yourself and start moving yourself positively there.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-29-2002, 06:52 AM   #3  

We have TWO BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK!

TRANQUIL is celebrating her birthday on FRIDAY, MAY 3RD

and

VIV, who will probably be lurking around is celebrating her birthday on SUNDAY, MAY 5TH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!!

Old 04-29-2002, 08:43 AM   #4  
Little Engine That Could

Here's the reason I was asking about suggestion re. dealing with pot luck suppers. We lead a small group that meets on sunday evenings. We share a meal together and then have a study/discussion. Yesterday afternoon I prepared my SB legal and healthy casserole: chicken baked in brown rice with garlic, onions and peppers. Lots of chicken broth to cook that rice. Cooking time, according to the recipe= 1 hour. By the time we got home yesterday afternoon, I had just a shade over 1 hour to bake that thing before we had to leave. Wouldn't you know it--it was not done! The rice was still crunchy and there was a ton of liquid still in the pan. So, with fingers crossed, we went to the meeting sans food. Here's what was available last night:
Chicken and white rice casserole (mushroom soup) topped with cheese
Salad dripping with a thick mayonnaise dressing
Small plate of cut up cantelope.
One gigantic pepperoni pizza
Baked beans
Fresh steamed corn on the cob
One large apple pie
One "rassle-berry" pie (mostly raspberries)
One big birthday cake
Half gallon of sugar free ice cream

It was a challenge!!! And I was hungry.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-29-2002, 08:56 AM   #5  

Default Monday Morning

Ahhhhhhh…..lost my post! I hate that!

Okay, here we go again. Weekend is over and we will be getting back to normal for the most part. The 2 kids I babysit are not here today because the mother has a sore throat. I also woke up with one so was kinda pleased that I would not have to tend to the newborn for the day. I am hoping it is not the dreaded relapse of pneumonia that everyone warned me about. I have a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday for a follow up check up , so that is good timing just in case.

Hard to believe but is snowed AGAIN last night. We have about 5 inches on the ground this morning and it is staying there so far. I am so shocked to have snow and it being nearly May. I have never seen this before and wonder if it is because I am in the Maritimes now. Mind you, they had some in Ontario recently too so maybe the weather everywhere is strange.

sef – You spent 5 years in OZ, huh? Then you must be accustomed to my British influenced spelling and know that I am not just making mistakes! Kind of comforting because when I correspond with Americans I am conscious of the differences and wonder if they realize we spell so many things differently.

Beth – Oh my, I am sorry to hear about your dog and the heartworms. I was an Animal Health Technician for 4 years before I began having babies when prevention for heartworms was becoming popular. We never had to treat any dogs for it but knew that it was an expensive procedure. We have had very few incidents in Canada of them but know it is more prevalent there in the USA. Hope you get that UTI looked after too.

Kimmythekid – Haven’t seen you posting for a number of days. Just wanted to let you know that you are missed and I hope you get back to posting with us.

Tranquil- Your quiche sounds good. You have inspired me and I think I am going to whip one one today if I can get all my cleaning done. Sounds easy and tasty..can’t beat that!

Debelli- I am looking forward to reading that article about the starchy carbs. It seems that I have tweaked things in the right direction for myself. Since my pneumonia I have gone right back to SB but have been following it in a different manner than I originally did. I am recording everything I eat in my journal because…well because I am anal!…but I have stopped recording the exact grams of carbs, fat and protein. I am doing what they said in the book and not exactly counting but simply eating what I should and not eating what I shouldn’t. I look at my records and basically find that I am eating one starchy carb a day, one fruit or sometimes add some dried apricots, my protein, cheese and my veggies. I also eat nuts still because I like them and find them a good snack for me..I tend to eat pecans the most. From eyeballing my records I would say I am probably eating too much fat still but not atrocious. I am guessing this final 10 lbs will take a while to lose but I realized I am not in such a hurry anymore. If this is my way of eating for life then why stress myself out? Afterall, I did weigh 230 lbs 3 years ago and now I weigh 164..I think that is pretty darn good. Sorry for babbling, I guess I am just looking for confirmation here.

mel- How did the haircolour turn out?

Rosalie- There are some beautiful places to visit in NB but I find it the least attractive of all the maritime provinces. I simply adore PEI and I also find the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island in NS so majestic. Did you get around the trail when you visited? We are going to PEI in June and are looking forward to it. It has become my favourite place to visit out east here. Have you been getting snow too?

lowco- Welcome to the board!

gatorgal-Wow, that does sound like a hard potluck to get through! Guess you ate the canteloupe and SF icecream…maybe pizza toppings. I guess we do need more ideas for you, fast ones that won’t leaving you in the lurch like that again!

I guess that is all I can do for now..gotta get the nasty housecleaning done and recover from the weekend mess.
Oh..my motivation for this Monday is my own scale. It is reading 163.5 but I am not making that official yet, it has to hang around a few more days for that! I would be thrilled if I could be 160 by June for my trip to PEI.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:24 AM   #6  
Child of God

Angry Good Morning Everyone!!!!

It has rained here quite a bit. It is another gloomy day out...maybe I will take the kids somewhere today to cheer me up. I just do not like gloomy days.....they make me sad

I have been MIA for several days. I have looked in a few times, but have been so busy...and actually I was gone for a few days. I went to my moms for a wedding shower for my cousin. I was a bad girl.......I did not eat good stuff....well, it was good...it was great! It was not OP for sure. I did only eat one meal though...so as it turns out, I am ok when I got home and weighed myself. Actually better than ok....but we will wait till Wed to see.

I saw Murder by Numbers...I think it was ok. I really wanted to see the Panic Room, but my SD took me and he had already seen it. I went to my parents church and they had such a wonderful message....I hope my son listened. He talked about having dignity and values even when no body is looking (so to speak). How many times do we "act" good, but then when no body is around, we fall to bad things....ok, maybe it is just me...

Gracious.....Thanks...I am here...just went away and was busy before that. I can not believe it snowed there!!! Glad you have the day off...hope you are really over your illness!

Beth......as one of the board nurses......my best advise about UTI's is go potty after you and DH have been "close"...drink lots of water, wipe front to back, do not hold in your urine, do not stop in the middle of going, and take all of your meds, like antibiotics. That being said...you problably do all of those things. I too get hit out of nowhere! My only indicator is the smell. I actually had to have my urethra stretched as a child because I had them so much. That is an option for you. Since womans are so small, it is very easy to get infections. I hate them with a passion! Hope everything else is ok....like SD. I will pray for his surgery, the docs, and your mom!

Bob...did I miss something. Did I miss one of your jokes? You are pretty funny! Who is the "teacher"? Am I stupid??? I may be...lol

Anyone with sun.....send some here!

To all I missed......huggs!
Old 04-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #7  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning

Hello everyone!

It is a gorgeous day here in east Central Alabama! A cold front came through last night so I've got the windows open and the fresh air in nice.

Wish I could say I'd been a good girl this weekend--but nope. When I went to the spring festival there was NOTHING in food-wise that was legal (there is almost always someone with boiled peanuts--but not this time). I held out as long as I could but then went for the burger and fries. Bad, bad, bad. They didn't even taste particularly good. Let's just say I never got completly back on track after that.

But today is a new day--so back OP--at least until Saturday--Derby Day which is a planned "free day."

I hope the bad storms last night missed everyone and their families. Kimmy y'all didn't get it did you? BOB is your family in KY ok?

Got to go write a newsletter article for the church newsletter. I'll try to get on later today.

Susan
300/23?(Not getting on the scale till Wed.)/150
Old 04-29-2002, 09:58 AM   #8  

Happy Monday everyone!

Wow, what a busy week-end. Youngest son was sick last week but is doing fine now. High fever and sore throat. Took him to the doctor and he says it's viral and you just have to wait it out. Strep test was negative. So, wait we did.

Friday night we went to a fund-raiser dinner/dance. They were selling raffle tickets and several of us went together and bought a ticket and won about $370 each. Cool, huh. Shopping here I come.

Saturday, we went to Jordan's (oldest DS) Sea Cadet banquet. Their nickname is the "River Rats". My husband and I were named Honorary River Rats. We were tickled. Got a unit patch and a certificate. They are a great bunch of kids and the adults that volunteer with the organization are wonderful.

I'm not even going to try to post to all of you individually. I have been lurking but just haven't had time to post. Will catch up later.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Trish
Old 04-29-2002, 10:00 AM   #9  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking GoodNight!!

Just got home from work and I'm ready to hit the hay!! But I have to stay up till I hear from my mom.

Kimmy - yep, I already do all that. The hardest part is going to the bathroom often because I work alone in an office, and when I have to leave that room (to go to the LR) I have to call dispatch and put myself out of service, and forward the phones.... it's a whole big hairy deal... so I probably don't go as often as I should.
I feel a little better today after 24 hours of antibiotics and pyridium. Which reminds me I'm calling the doctor for an appointment!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday... I plan to sleep for most of mine, back to work at Midnite tonight!
Old 04-29-2002, 10:02 AM   #10  

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!!!

I feel GOOD this morning!!! Though I didn't sleep like a log as normal last night, esp. after not getting much sleep the night before, I slept pretty well. Got up, got dressed and got in my 4.5 miles in 43:47!!!

Yesterday ELI & I took LAUREN up to Broward for the afternoon, went to lunch, where else, went to see CHANGING LANES, thought it was pretty good and then for Carbolite-butter pecan/german choc./vanilla-3 spots of each. Stopped at the dollar store on the way home and got some stuff there-they have some great deals sometimes, I bought some ENRICOS SPGTI SAUCE among other stuff-love a good bargain!

Eating was once again wonderful yesterday. It amazes me how doing the right thing for myself makes me feel so incredibly good. Today I have no doubt will be another wonderful day of eating totally OP and staying on track Scale is down another pound from yesterday. Here's hoping it goes down a pound each day for the next few days-hey, I don't ask for much, do I???

If you haven't seen the end of last weeks board, do check it out, I POSTED SOME PICTURES ON THE BOARD LAST WEEK FROM THE MARCH SB GET TOGETHER!!!!!

NANCE, sorry I missed you too, though I had the opportunity to have a short conversation with DAN THE MAN! Hmmm, heavy waffles...not sure why that happened. Try buying the FEARN SGWW mix they have out-I made the pancakes and liked them and there's a recipe for waffles on the back as well. So you liked the cheesecake, huh? I can't make it, I eat the whole thing, that is, unless I'm taking it to a gathering, then I'll just have half-hey, everybody for themselves!! LOL!! Have you heard anything from LDBLOND?

TONI, zucchini quiche??? I love quiche! Recipe, I need a recipe! Thanks for the good words about my eating, it always helps

ROSALIE, do we really believe that the scale reflects the off plan foods we eat by the next day??? I've been guilty of that, but really, I find that it's not one bad meal/day, but the quantity of that meal or meals. I find that if I eat ELI'S eggplant dish I may easily be up 2lbs the next day even though it's all food OP, but having 2lbs of eggplant not go through your system quick enough, much less anything else you had for the day is bound to make one weigh more. I think if you do have one bad meal/day that it's not going to make you gain weight, esp. if the next day you are back OP, so I wouldn't stress over it, I'm sure the scale will be going right back down. Heck, look at me, I was 7.5lbs up from my lowest weight as of the other day-I know it wasn't all fat, though I do suspect some was-here's to better scale days for us both

TRANQUIL, glad you liked the FULL MONTY. If you liked that one you may like MURIEL'S WEDDING, that too was a good one, an Aussie film now on video. I haven't been a great inspiration of good eating lately but feel I am totally back OP now and ready to preach! LOL!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday week this week!!!! Thanks for that quick recipe for the quiche. Sounds a bit like mine. Would probably do half the eggs and half eggbeaters though-may try it soon!

BETH, I hope they can figure out why you keep getting this UTI'S. There can be so many causes of them, I hope they can somehow find out easily why this continually happens, those can really be painful!

LOWCO, WELCOME TO OUR BOARD! Okay, of course I have to ask, where are you that you wouldn't be able to get the SB BOOK? CONGRATS on having lost 80lbs so far, that's wonderful. We'd be happy to help answer any questions you may have, or dispell any myths about SB that you've heard, just ask away. One good sight I usually recommend to those without the book is at the link below:

http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters

SEF, got your e-mail and tried giving you all call last night at 9:30pmest-no answer, didn't leave a message. Hope to reach you another time. The number I had ended in 9 instead of 0, I had taken it from your e-mail when I thought about doing the RR, so it was just a typo. Okay, yes then, Patricia Cornwell is a mystery writer, at least the books with Kay Scarpetta in them are. One book I really enjoyed was by F. PAUL WILSON called THE SELECT-worth finding at a used book store if you can. These days, I don't read many regular books, it's all diet related or cookbooks!

GRACIOUS, girl, I'm being anal with you too-we can be the ANAL TWINS! The only times I really don't journal is when I've been out to a restaurant. I would sometimes take my scale with me and the family would go anal on me for doing so, so I stopped that-can't do it at OLE OLE for my salad anyhow. Whatever works to keep you moving in the right direction, you do it!! Don't worry about those final 10lbs, it may take a while, but you'll lose them. It took me almost 4months to lose my final 10, so just hang in there.

TREE, okay, between you and TONI, would one of you tell me what the heck a BLUE HEELER is?????? Hey, that chicken sounds good, though does it taste salty in the end? I don't salt anything as a rule, so for me, it may be a bit too much if it's salty tasting. The other recipe sounds delicious, ELI loves really hot food, I'm more the green tabasco type person, a bit of heat, but not hot-ELI loves it when he sweats from eating hot habanero foods. I've never heard of a mulato chili-can you use something else?

ROSE, hope you find that recipe for the quiche. Do you remember which magazine it was in. I just may have it, I get sooo many mags these days! Loved the blue post!!!!

MEL, sounds like you had a lot of extra traveling to do with all the road closures-yuck! Glad to hear you are back safe and sound. Kudos for staying OP throughout the trip-you go girl!! I too can't fit anything in my house from not only garage sales, but any store. I've become very selective and really try to buy only something I know I need and am searching for, or some nice clothes, which are definitely out there to be bought. I'll let you know what I think of the WT class tomorrow-wish me luck!!

SOL, you are the bomb! CONGRATS for having such want-power to do such a long walk!!! Did you walk in circles, or did you do 5 miles one way and 5 miles back? I know what it's like to do a walk like that and I can't begin to tell you just how proud I am of you!!! I bet VINCE is even more proud!!!

MONET, ahhh, that pool sounds so inviting. I would love a pool, but we are one of the few houses that don't have one on the block. That's about the only way I'd ever get on a bathing suit in my life, if I had a pool and positively no way for anyone to view me in it-eps. with the FL heat down here, it would be a welcomed addition, but alas, only a dream.

GATOR, I'd of probably taken some fruit or something else knowing what's usually at these potlucks-prepare and plan, and you'll never be stuck in that situation.

KIMMY, MURDER BY NUMBERS didn't get a good review, but it looks like a good flick to me. I saw PANIC ROOM and liked it. Hope you get to see it soon. BOB was referring to me being the teacher. I guess that was sort of a compliment, at least she didn't call me the Gestapo!!!

FILLISE, cold front? Lucky you-care to share? Dying of the heat down here! Don't fret over the bad eating day you had, it's a new day and a new week

TRISH, sounds like you and your friends hit the mini-jackpot! CONGRATS!! Hope DS feels better!!!

Okay, seems I'm all caught up. It's 10am here now and I'm going to go find something to eat for BRUNCH as it's not breakfast and not lunch!

Have a wonderful day and a fabulous week!!!

Debbie
194/123.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-29-2002, 10:11 AM   #11  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Good Morning! I made the evil mistake of weighing myself on a day other than WIW and I am up a pound. It's really bugging me because I have been OP 100%. Mom came over for dinner last night and shee said, back in the day, when she was on "TOPS", that sometimes she would have a gain before a loss...hope that's the case for her own flesh and blood! I noticed last time around I did best when I just stuck to two servings of carbs, and had them in the morning. I'm going to give that a go this week and see what happens!

Meliris Don't you worry.....this time I'm here to stick around for good!!! MUST GET WEIGHT OFF!!!!!

SolHOLY SMOKES!!!! What are these power walks all about? I thought I was "all that" when I walked my 3.5 miles, but you are doing laps around me! WAY TO GO!

SEF I think it's a great idea for you to journal your food on-line...and anyone else that would like to...sometimes we think we're doing o.k., but when someone else takes a peek at it, they can give some pointers!

Gator Re: Potluck....A good idea is to eat something legal at HOME before going into uncharted waters...that way if there is something legal, you can go ahead and it something, and if it's not, you won't be starving!

Beth SOrry no words of wisdom on "why" UTI's come on sooooo fast. Us girls have been blessed with having short uretha's, so it's a very short distance to our bladders and real easy for bacteria to travel. Drink alot of fluids to help flush things out!

okay...time to get ready for work! Check in later with you Babes!
Old 04-29-2002, 10:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday SB!

I was so far behind on posts today (4 pages WHEW!) So I read quickly and didn't get to keep notes, so I will not be able to address everyone individually. Sorry. Will do better this week. I promise.

Beth, Prayers for your SD today. Hope everything goes ok. Hope doggie gets better soon. You have had your share (or more than) of troubles lately. Hope things turn around for you.

Gator, Pot luck dinner wasn't easy. I guess you could have eaten the chicken w/o the rice and some of the salad. At least you got dessert. Maybe you should always take a salad with you just in case there isn't anything you can eat. Or fix green beans to take. Tough situation.

Gracious, 5" of snow?? I think weather is strange everywhere this year. We had horrible storms Sat. and tornadoes are in 10 states I heard today. Yesterday the wind was at least 30-50 mph. You couldn't even walk outside. You are truly an inspiration. You weight 230 3 years ago and now 164. You give me hope. Some days I think I will never get there. But I know I will eventually. Thanks.

Lowco, welcome. This is a great support board. I have a "SB book in a nutshell" I could email you if you would want it.

Kimmy, It has been rainy here to. Hate when the weekends are like that. At least it could rain when I was working. LOL. Sadly, they are calling for rain again Tues, Wed and Thurs am. Not to good for Derby week. Hope we see the sun soon.

Deb, Good MM. I think all of us need to look at ourselves and decide to move forward with a vengence. Loved the pics. It is so nice to put names with faces. Thanks

Fillise, Don't you hate when there is nothing OP to eat> I am really dreading this Derby week. Going to try the best I can to stay legal. Eating nothing but salads this week for lunch. Going to be ahrd to get in all the walking and working out too with so many activities planned. Have a great Derby party. Look for me on TV. LOL

Bob, Where doe syour family live in KY? I hope not in Irvington.

Had the best dinner last nite. DH grilled some fresh cod on the grill. I tried the asperagus (sp) recipe someone posted. Delicious! and Grilled some squach and zuchinni, made a salad. Great dinner. Fish was out of this world. Can't wait to have it again.

BTW, Has anyone tried the Salad Accents that have just came out. They are almonds seasoned with garlic or parm cheese or bacon and cheese. They are really good. Really perk up that salad. I tried the roasted garlic. Good.

Have agreat Monday everyone. Will try to check in later.

Jackie
257/167/145
10-10-01
Old 04-29-2002, 11:07 AM   #13  

Good morning all

This morning is cool and dull but I decided to get out to the garden to turn the soil and add some top soil in preparation for planting in a couple of weeks. I thought as the soil was so wet from the rain it would be easy to turn. Now have to get some fertilizer. I'm hoping to have better results with this patch of garden this year as last year hardly anything grew there. I'm not sure yet what I will plant. I am thinking about putting some rose bushes in. I have a few in the front garden, just hoping they do well again this year. I have to figure out which kind to buy. When I bought the ones for the front a few years ago I hadn't a clue what to buy and ended up with one climber which I had to transplant the following year. I'll be looking for something that will keep flowering during the season.

Sol - Congrats on the 10 mile walk. You're an inspiration to us all.

Mel - Sounds like that was quite a trip you had. At least you got home safe and sound.

Gracious - I never did get to the Cabot Trail but would love to go there sometime. I've heard PEI is beautiful too. I was hoping to visit there on the trip we made but it was not to be. Maybe one day I will get there. We did have a bit of snow a couple of days ago but just a bit of wet stuff that didn't stay.

Gator - How about making a bean salad to take to the pot luck. Maybe have some cold chicken or other meat to go with it.

Deb - I was surprised how much I was up on the scale after that bad eating day. I don't think it was the quantity as I put it all in Fitday and still had no more calories than I have been having recently. Maybe it was because of the high gi foods and high carbs for that day. Who knows for sure. At least one of the additional pounds came off this morning. I was op all day yesterday although did do a bit of snacking in the evening - just almond granola and a bit of cheese. Haven't eaten yet to-day which is very unusual for me but decided to have 'brunch' to-day as I have to be out before 12 noon for badminton.

Sorry I can't reply to you all at this time. Have to go and eat and get out soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:29 PM   #14  

Good Morning! It is cool, clear and very nice outside. I am about to go and vacuum the baseboards, and carpet and return furniture to the right place. Can't wait to see what the new paint looks like once the room is all arranged again!

Found out my daughter's fiance did not do what he was supposed to do...she is scheduled to work next Sunday, and there is supposed to be a surprise Bridal shower for her! It sure will be funny to have a shower and the bride does not show! He was supposed to make sure she was off that afternoon. I talked to the manager today, and they are going to try to do something, but are not making any promises.

GATOR: My suggestion to you is get a CROCKPOT. I have one,
and love it! You can put your recipe on to cook
before you leave for church in the morning, and it
will be done for you when you are ready to leave in the evening.
There are TONS of crockpot recipes out there..and many
are SB legal. You could even do your chicken and
brown rice casserole in it.

FILLISE: The storms went right through here. We had
hail the size of quarters, and it literally poured
for over an hour. The thunder and ligtening was
stupendous. My poor cat was out in it, and he is such
a wimp when it rains! I half expected him to
come in all gray today, instead of his orange tabby
color!

ROSALIE: Roses? Did you say ROSES? I have about 70
rose bushes! Since you are in Canada, you might find
the Buck roses good. They are bred for colder
climates. Check out the Garden Web pages on
roses. You can get a lot of great advice on that
forum! I have tons of books on roses, so if there is
a particular color you are wanting, let me know. I
might be able to help. Here is the address:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/roses

DEB: Glad you are feeling better, and getting your
energy back. Must have been a slight case of a bug!
I never thought I would have a pool! I was shocked
when we came to look at this house, and it had a pool.
They are a lot of work, and can be expensive. There
are days when I would like to get a bulldozer and
fill it in! You can come stay with me and swim
whenever you like. The 7 foot privacy fence around
the yard hides you from view. In fact, my daughter
loves to skinny dip! I only do that at NIGHT!

JACK: Did you get things arranged with your florist?
I have a friend who does flower arranging, and she is
doing the flowers for my daughter's wedding. It ought
to save me a good bit of moola. My daughter likes
simple stuff too, so she just wanted roses, and stephanotis.
Nothing too hard!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:47 PM   #15  

Hey everyone!

Had a bad friday night. My boyfriend and I went to a birthday party. His friend (Warren) introduced me to his (very thin) girlfriend. Warren has a tendancy to pick on me. Usually I don't have a problem with it since I can fight back, twice as hard. This time he really crossed the line. I'm meeting this girl for the first time and he touches my stomach and said something to insinuate that I need to lose weight. Being a tad tipsy, it really caught me off guard and hurt my feelings. I ran to the bathroom and cried. All day I had been reading about how to get rid of cellulite and I went to the gym. I've been trying SO HARD. And I'm still not good enough?!?! Had I been sober I would have told him to @#$@ off.

Luckily my boyfriend came into the girls bathroom, got into my stall and hugged me. He said "you're really looking good. He's being a drunken @$$hole". I'm glad I have someone in my life like that. Who does he think he is?'

Well, needless to say I headed to the first diner I could find and ordered french toast. THe rest of the weekend I exercised but I did indulge a bit. Stinky brie de meaux and sourdough bread from Dean and Deluca (felicity from the WB works there, of course not in real life..just in the show). Probably stayed the same or gained this past week. Will try to make up for it for the next three days.

Gracious-Snowing? I don't know how you do it!Hope all goes well with the appt.

Kimmy-Don't be gloomy! Take the bad weather as a change to make a nice snack and read a book. Or better yet..do some exercises in front of the TV. I love hitting the self improvment or how-to books at the library when it's bad weather out.

Fillise- Don't you just hate when there is nothing legal to eat? I guess we're both going to make up for our bad eating over the weekend. Let's get that weight back down for WIW

Trish-Congrats! Get some nice outfits for the summer!

Beth- How are you holding up after all you've been dealing with? Still thinking of you

Deb- Saw Changing Lanes too...was more realistic than those other lawyer movies in that he's not threatened with his life. Crazy that people live like that huh?
Marrying into money and having your spouse be your "partner". It seems more like a business deal than a relationship.

Nance-get off that scale!! nothing counts until wednesday. Deb is right about the weight. You have to really work to lose a pound, OR gain a pound. Probably just water weight. I hear lemon water keeping you peeing on the hour. That'll get rid of any excess water you may be storing.

For those of you who miss Fran. She is in a comedy troupe and they performed last night. I missed it due to not feeling well and allergies Also, she has already lost 2 more pounds since last wednesday. I'm real proud of her!
Closed Thread