Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How well traveled are you? How many countries have you stepped foot in?
None, it's only the good old U S of A that's seen my feet! 7 20.00%
I've been to 1 other country 6 17.14%
Ive been to 2 other countries 5 14.29%
I've been to 3 other countries 3 8.57%
I've been to 4 other countries 0 0%
I've been to 5 other countries 2 5.71%
I've been to more than 5 countries, but less than 10 7 20.00%
I've been to more than 10 countries, but less than 15 4 11.43%
I've been to more than 15 countries, but less than 20 1 2.86%
I've traveled to more than 20 countries! 0 0%
Traveled to other countries? Heck, I haven't traveled outside my state! 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 06:28 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/29-10/5

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=32549

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 09-29-2003, 06:33 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

THE INNER YOU

The innermost part of you can only be reached by those things you allow. Though the world around you may be filled with turbulence and noisy confusion, the inner you can be at peace at any time.

Others may hurl insults or anger or disruption in your direction, and such things will often affect your outer world. Yet deep inside, it does not have to get to you.

Deep inside, you can remain strong, confident and peaceful, affected only by the things you truly value and desire. The stronger and more positive you are on the inside, the more that strength will surely and steadily make its way to the outside as well.

Yes, you can allow the negative and disruptive things to get to you, to affect you all the way to your very core. And yet, you can just as surely keep them out. On the inside, when you choose, you can stay strong, confident, and true to your highest purpose. And that strength will, without fail, radiate outward.

You cannot always control your outer world, yet you can always choose to fill the inner you with strength, with faith, with confidence, with love. Put positive energy into the inner you, and the rest of you will benefit greatly.

-- Ralph Marston

THE VALUE OF CHALLENGE

Challenge is life's way of making sure that you truly desire the things you achieve. Challenge is an excellent tool for keeping you focused on the things that really matter to you.

Imagine for a moment what it would be like to live in a world with no challenge. In such a world, you could obtain anything and everything with no need for effort, discipline or commitment. Does that sound like a great setup, with your every wish fulfilled the moment you think of it? Well, it might be nice for 20 minutes or so, but it would soon grow extremely tiresome. For such a world would literally overwhelm you with meaningless triviality. Sure, every wish would be instantly granted, but it would all be painfully empty.

The value of achievement is in the achieving, in the overcoming of the challenges, in the person you become as a result of going through the process. To have the reward without the effort is to have no reward at all, nothing but an empty and meaningless token.

Challenge is difficult, often painful, always demanding, and as such, challenge is what makes true value, beauty and fulfillment possible. Challenge can be tough, yet indeed it brings about the richness and fullness of life.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01 (first time)
Old 09-29-2003, 06:42 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

Come up with some new challenge ideas!!! Hey, there's only so much I can think of at times, so why not help me out. Have a challenge idea, just e-mail it to me and if it fits the bill, I'll be happy to not only use it, but of course, give you the credit where credit is due E-mail me your ideas to [email protected]
Old 09-29-2003, 07:11 AM   #4  

Hey All

Thought I'd get in a morning quickie since I was up waaay too early for me this morning! ELI'S cell phone rang (way to loud I might add) and he turned on the lights to find the phone to answer it. It was work, one employee didn't show so he had to rush and throw on some clothes and race there to open the store. Figures! A Monday off? Too good to be true So of course, after all that, I surely wasn't going to try and go back to sleep even if I could, so I'm up!

It's raining here AGAIN! Hoping maybe it will stop by the time I take the kids to school, or at least when I get home from taking them so I can walk. Only problem is that when it's wet out there, where I walk can become very slippery and I have to be careful otherwise I find that the sidewalks become more like a slip 'n slide

Not sure what our plans are for the day, or if we'll have any plans for today at this point! All depends if this guy shows up for ELI, so if so, we both have errands to run. Want to go see my Grandfather today and see how he's doing. Nothing important on our to-do list.

Going to get in the replies since I last posted and then skiddadle to get ready to take the kids.

MONET, sorry to hear things are not going so well this past weekend. I sure hope things turn around for you, esp. with the wicked witch of the bakery! Have you ever once asked this woman face-to-face what her beef with you actually is all about? I hope you can find time to enjoy your visit with your sister-how long will she be there for?

TEESNY, let us know if you come up with a new lasagna recipe, maybe you're making it will actually enspire me to not just think about making a batch, but actually make a batch!!

MICHAEL has told me that he will be on the computer all night, so if you don't hear from me, it's not that I don't want to but his Internal Assessment Paper is a biggie that he has to get done (about the Cuban Missle Crisis he says) and I have to take a back seat, and as always, I know you guys understand. If I can get on somewhere along the line, even for a quickie, I sure will. If I find myself with any time before ELI gets home from work (if he does) will try to post with any updates

Have a wonderful week!

Debbie
Old 09-29-2003, 08:22 AM   #5  

RISE & SHINE Y'ALL!

I'm home, hoped to find ELI here but he's not Raining still, so that means no walk for me, at least not this morning Guess I'll just hop back in bed and see if I can sleep an hour or so.

Will check in later!

Deb
Old 09-29-2003, 08:53 AM   #6  

Thumbs down Happy Monday

A new start is always nice and that is what Mondays are about.

Debbie your motivations were great for me today. They really apply to my job situation. Some words of wisdom from God's Little Instruction Book for Women..

" Nobody can make you fell inferior without your consent."

"When you flee temptations, don't leave a forwarding address!"

Have a great day.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:18 AM   #7  
I want candy

Good morning from a newbie!

Debbie, I just have to say, I love your BIG HUGE WELCOME SIGNS!

The challenge is water and exercise? I think I can do that.

I have all my good groceries (all SB legal). Let's see how I do this week . . .
Old 09-29-2003, 10:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday,

The only good thing about Monday is that I get to get back on the board and talk to you guys.

Weekend was good. Did fine at happy hour, had ice tea. Went for wings afterwards and had diet coke. DH did have a drink waiting for me though when I got home to pick him up. It was such a sweet gesture I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But at least I stopped at one. Didn't drink at the game Sat either. So I had a good weekend. Eating was pretty good too. Did have some breaded wings but that was 2 meals. The scale was down on Sat but back up today. I am about reafdy to pitch it out the window. TOM is due tomorrow, maybe that is the problem. Who knows.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. If not, today is the day to start again.

Teensy, congrats on being down and down again. I pulled a muscle in my rear end awhile back. It comes and goes but lately has been staying. I got a shot 3 weeks ago and all was well, until now. Who knows.

Pancho, good choice on the muffin. How horrible about the teacher. That is hard on kids. Especially so new into the school year.

Deb, I guess the MRI would be for my back in case it is starting there and going down into my butt. The more we talked about it (at happy hour) he thinks it is a muscle and with the wt loss I have strained it. I told him to just shoot me up. Hope Eli gets home so you can enjoy your day together. I guess you can expect that when you are the boss.

Missy, I will check to see which Wyndham it is. I'm not sure. Only thing I'm sure is that it is expensive and no pool. Saturday would be great as the Dr we are going with is going to Miami to the Tenn game so we won't have to fool with him that night. His wife willb e along but she is cool.

Beach, I think I will check into that curves book. It sounds like the South Beach diet. I am so tired of this stall and up and down. When we return from NO I will check it out. Glad it has worked for you. Hope you get good news at work. They should let you all know. That is not fair.

Susan, I got a kick out of your soap box rant. Every word was true! What a tuching story of Miss Belle. She is a lucky kitty.

Momtomaya, Welcome, It seems you have adjusted well to SB. I hope you continue. It is so easy to do. This is a great board for support and friendship. I sure could not have done this without these gals. THey are my life line. I can hardly make it thru the weekend w/o them. Jump on in here. We look forward to getting to know you.

Lesbia, there will probably be some sugar in the bread, just as long as it has less than 3 grams it is ok.

Greenrn, Welcome to our group.. It is a good one. You will gets lots of support and help here. 13 pounds is great. You could possible be at 200 by Christmas. I would suggst some type of exercise program, even if it is walking. As afar as your GS is concerned, What's not to like. The only thing we cut out is potatoes basically (as far as what we used to eat). I only cook one meal. DH eats it fine. When kids were there, if they didn't like it, they fixed their own or ate out. Meat, salad and veggies, what more could you want.

Bob, What a heartbreaker. I was so excited. I actually thought we were going to win. Silly me. We were at the U of L game. But we were in the clubhouse and they actually6 had the game on 2 tv's so I went down and sat in there and watched the last quarter. There were quite a few people watching too. It was funny. I was thinking aboaut you the whole time. Sorry about the Vols. But Peyton had a great game last night.

Monet, hope today is not too bad at work.

Heartmom, Hope this week is less stressful.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, if I did it was not intentional.

Have a great SB day

Jackie
Old 09-29-2003, 10:33 AM   #9  
I want candy

Thank you, Jackie! I am feeling much better about my grocery choices. The semolina spaghetti is, indeed, 100%, so I'm relieved (since I bought two big boxes).

The blackberry preserves I bought unfortunately have added sugar. So I'm annoyed with myself for not being more careful about that. But the Smuckers 100% fruit is freaking expensive!

Why-oh-why is the healthier food more expensive?? You'd think since the coarse grains are not as processed as the finely milled grain it would be cheaper. You'd think since the food doesn't have so much sugar, it'd be cheaper (because of the lesser ingrediant of sugar). What gives with the food industry?

btw, Deb asked for some personal info. about myself. Is there a Bio thread? Or should I just post it here?
Old 09-29-2003, 10:40 AM   #10  

It's 9:30am already, no extra sleep and no ELI as of yet. He should be home soon, I hope, but he's really perplexed on what happened to this employee coming to work this morning, very unlike him.

Very hungry, made egg whites with cheese and some SF bacon - it was yummy but sure didn't fill me up! What a glutton!

BEACH, glad you liked the MM messages. I liked yours too, thanks for sharing

LESBIA, we always give a big warm welcome to newbies-we love having new members join us Whereabouts do you live? Let us know a little more about yourself when you get a chance. You can post info here as well as fill out the BIO BOARD which is on the SB INFORMATION BOARD. Take one hour, one day at a time, you'll be surprised how fast a week on SB can go by - I'm at 3 1/2 years now and it seems like just yesterday, okay, maybe the day before yesterday As for WHY healthier foods are more expensive, one reason among many is that it's all food, not chemical fillers which are man made and cheaper, one other, healthier spoils faster than those that are refined thus the companies need to charge more because their foods spoil faster. It's not always the case though, I've found many foods less money than their processed cousins. You'll learn in time - just remember this, think of this as a learning experience Hate the prices of the jelly's you are finding - why not make you're own - not that hard and lots less expensive!

JACKK, I'd definitely say the scale's up due to TOM-so don't fret about it, it's temp, you know that. Hope your butt's better today Tell DH that you KNEAD a good rub down in that area Hope you and FRUIT can find a time to get together while you're in NO!!!

Okay, well, I'm going to go do something constructive til ELI gets his butt home. I'm pooped, should have him bring me home some coffee!!!

Toodles

Debbie
Old 09-29-2003, 10:46 AM   #11  

Yippie!!!! I have my computer back!!!!! I am so excited!!! Anyway, I am not going to go back and try to catch up on everyone, b/c I wouldn't know how far back to go. So since this is Monday, I am counting it as day 1 of my new beginning. I'm not going to weigh until wednessday, because it would annoy me to know and not post it, and I'd rather only check once a week.

Selah is still sick, but she's being so sweet. How can they still be so happy with a fever, snot all over their face and a cough that sounds like it will break that tiny little body in half? Children are incredible.

We spent the weekend with Trav's family over in Snellville (I almst wanted to stop and see you, Monet. Ithought you could use a hug and some Selah therapy) His sister has gone from215lbs to 160 ansd she looks incredible. Of course, she is paying $1000/month for her personal trainer and starving herself. She even told me that she has been making herself vomit. I'm so jealous of the way she looks, but I don't want to do it that way for all of the world. Still, it made me a little depressed, but I'm deciding to be motivated by it, instead of mope

Does anyone have any good suggestions for some workout videos? I've heard the Firm is good. I can't afford to join a gym, and I need a backup for walking when Selah is sick, like the last 2 weeks have been. If I have something on hand, I won't have an excuse to sit on my butt, although I'm likely to do it anyway.

Ok, I'm rambling. Selah's Dr appt is at 11, and I ahve to pich the boys up from school at 2:30, so that's going to use a large part of my day. I have a friend coming over to hang out at 4:30 and then I have to pick Trav up from work at 6:00.

His car is dead, again. It's a 1978 280Z Midnight something-or-other. They supposedly only made 3000 of them. It actually had the nerve die the day that we had someone coming to look at it. If we can sell it for $1000, that is all we need to get the passat fixed. It's pretty frustrating, but at least we are close. We've saved up $4K of the $5K we need, so we may just have to come up with the rest, instead of selling his 'baby'. He'd love that I'm sure....

Deb - I hope you got some more sleep.

beachfan- I love your quotes.

Lesbia - The food industry sucks. It's all about supply and demand. I've been feeding selah Cream of Wheat for breakfast. It's between $2-3 for a 14oz box, but I can go buy 3-4 lbs of whole wheat grain and grind it myself for that price. It's organic and I know she is getting the whole grain. They charge as much as they can get away with.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:51 AM   #12  
I want candy

Default My personal info.

Ok, Debbie, I'll just post my Bio here! Please move it if there is a Bio thread somewhere else. I looked around, but didn't see it. Let's see . . .

Of course, Lesbia is not my real name. It comes from the lady-love of my favorite Poet: Catullus. Catullus (a Roman Poet) loved a woman whom he called Lesbia (who was a delightful free spirit) and wrote lots of poems to and about her.

I live in the Mid West. I'm 38 and recently married. I met my DH online and moved here about three years ago. Since then I've been steadily gaining weight, and I've been feeling out of control lately. I currently weigh 198, and would like to lose 48 pounds. I started Atkins this past April, and lost about 18 pounds (yeah, I was up to 220 and panicking), but after that I stalled, mainly because Atkins is not a plan that I will ever stay on religiously, and I was cheating often. But at least I'm not gaining anymore! So Sugar Busters is my next attempt.

Music: I enjoy everything but Gangsta Rap, Adult/Soul/Contemporary (i.e Whitney, Mariah, et al), and Pop (i.e. Brittany, Justin, etc.). My favorites are Alternative, Celtic/New Age, Classics (both rock and . . . classical).

Books: Believe it or not my favorite era is Victorian. You can find the BEST ghost stories in Victorian literature. My favorite genre is gothic. I recently discovered the Sandman comic, so I'm loving that too.

Good to meet all of you! And thank you all again for being so sweet to a fat new girl. I don't often find that in "real" life.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:43 AM   #13  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday morning!

Morning everyone! It's the start of a brand new week and a gorgeous one here in east central Alabama! The high today is only supposed to be 72--in fact in the 70s for the entire week--wahoo!

Yesterday was pretty good. Very quiet for me. It was also a day completely away from the computer, which is a rarity for me.

Lesbia--Welcome aboard! It is good to learn a little something about you. It sounds like you are off to a good start with SB. There are some other folks that switched from Atkins to SB, so they will be able to help you with that. Just read those labels!!!!! I bought a bread machine just so I would know EXACTLY what is in my bread--cause the labels are so confusing!

Talitha--WTG on getting the computer back!!!!! Now it sounds like you need to get your car back--It's always something! I hope Selah is feeling better soon.

Deb--Sorry I missed your call Saturday night. I hope you and Eli can get your errands run today.

Jackie--Yeah, we do have to go back to work today don't we???? You did great over the weekend! I'm going to have to plan ahead for the tailgate this weekend. I'm thinking of boiling a pot of peanuts so I will have a "snacking" food and that's where I get into trouble--with the nibbling.

Ann---Is this weather Gorgeous or what!!!!!!!

BOB--I know you sweated it until the very last minute on Saturday. Whew! I hope y'all got all the last minute heroics out of your system last weekend!

I made a pot of chicken and rice soup last night, so I will have lunches for the week. For the newcomers this is an easy soup--1 cup cooked brown rice, one can of chicken broth, one can of cream of chicken soup and one 12 oz can of white chicken meat. This easily makes four servings of a very hearty and filling soup and cooks up in just a little more time than it takes to cook the rice (after that you just need to hear everything through).

Have great OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 09-29-2003, 11:50 AM   #14  

One last one til I go...

ELI should of been home already._ His employee finally showed up, not sure what exactly happened but he said a miscommuniation of some sort._ He said he was leaving long ago-still not home-that doesn't surprise me! Speak of the devil he just walked in He's going to get ready, so I'll continue with my post...

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NEWER TO THE BOARD AND PLAN TO BE WITH US FOR A WHILE, PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME AND POST YOUR BIO ON OUR BIO BOARD - IT'S A GREAT WAY FOR US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YOU (and for me to keep track of birthdays)_ Of course, NOTHING is mandatory on this board, so if you don't want to, don't feel you have to just because I said so

Here's the link to the BIO BOARD, just click on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...adid=12056post

TALITHA, sorry to hear SELAH is still feeling under the weather._ I imagine it could be a lot worse if she was fussy during all this!_ Glad you got your computer back, I know that feeling of not having it for a while. Can't help you on the videos, I have a few and hate them all, just don't have the desire to do them, luckily I didn't spend much as I got them at garage sales. If you find one that's well recommended do check Ebay or Half.com for good deals on them before you go to any stores.

LES, thanks for posting a little more about yourself. Where in the midwest are you? That's cool that you met DH on line and it all worked out - how long have you been married?

FILLISE, wish you could send some cooler weather down our way, some of your soup wouldn't be too bad eithr

Okay, so he's home, so I guess I should get out of this towel and get ready, you think????

Toodles

Deb
Old 09-29-2003, 11:51 AM   #15  

Default Monday

Hello everyone.

Not much going on here today. The girls are out of school for a teacher work day or something like that, so it's a little loud around here.

Friday I had to go buy Katie a coat, that child outgrew her coat before winter was over last year, so there was no way she would fit into it at all this year, and Autumn needed shoes, so I got her a pair while out. She has outgrown every shoe she has. I went to JC Penney, and got a really good deal on all of it. Katie's coat was a $44 coat, but I paid $21.72 for it, and Autumn's shoes were $35.95, but I paid $24.67 for those. I thought that was really good since I could have had to pay full price.

Ok, Kerri's cake came out pretty good. I kind of messed up on the mouth, but other then that, it was cute, at least I thought so. Here's the picture of it.

I've got laundry and dishes to finish up, so I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Closed Thread