Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How well traveled are you? How many countries have you stepped foot in?
None, it's only the good old U S of A that's seen my feet! 7 20.00%
I've been to 1 other country 6 17.14%
Ive been to 2 other countries 5 14.29%
I've been to 3 other countries 3 8.57%
I've been to 4 other countries 0 0%
I've been to 5 other countries 2 5.71%
I've been to more than 5 countries, but less than 10 7 20.00%
I've been to more than 10 countries, but less than 15 4 11.43%
I've been to more than 15 countries, but less than 20 1 2.86%
I've traveled to more than 20 countries! 0 0%
Traveled to other countries? Heck, I haven't traveled outside my state! 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 10:21 PM   #136  

Heart, I talked to her this afternoon and she told me that they go to Kansas City to see the cardiologist on Tuesday.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:48 PM   #137  

Hello everyone. Have you guys heard all this stuff about Tuna Fish? I have been reading so much stuff on the white albacore and how much mercury it has...and how bad it is for you! I hope thats not the case, because I eat tuna 4-5 times a week.
My sister made pita pizzas tonight...they were soooo good and I was sooo bad. I ate 2 of them. I couldnt help myself, I just couldnt get enough of it. Tomorrow is another day!

JACKIEO - Thank you very much for the compliment. The cheeks get chewed on all the time. I cant help it!

COUNTRY - Thank you also. Im glad I have a long time to worry about fighting the girls off. Im glad you're enjoying your vacation.

JACKIE - Thank God for cortizone...that IS the shot you're talking about right?

PANCHO - Ohhhhh... always get confused with that! So like the big fat Snyder Pretzels I CAN have?? I know just one or two...I just cant believe I can have them. I don't think I will buy them, because I know I wont be able to control myself.

TRISH - No costume yet. ts very hard to find something without a hat or mask. I did find SpongeBob. I may go with that! Sorry about your car.

FRUIT - That was hysterical!

Have a great Friday everyone! Im finally going out with my friends tomorrow night (friday)...I am in desperate need for a night OUT! After my 2 weeks of **** with Dominic and his sores...I deserve it!

Chris

Chris
Old 10-03-2003, 01:37 AM   #138  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Wesnesday:
Started the day out with a bang. My DIL rear-ended me in our driveway! I was parked in front of her car. We were both leaving at the same time. When she started her car it jumped forward and hit mine. Hers is a stick shift and it was in gear when she hit the starter. She jumped out right away to see if all was okay. I made a joke, "Whiplash! Whiplash!" My neck hurt a little, never gave it a second thought. No damage to the cars. I went on to water exercise. During the class I realized that certain things hurt. So have been using the icepack off and on. No serious damage just nagging ache now and then.

Todays exercise was different.More traditional leg lifts, jogging, variation on jumping jacks, etc. I really enjoy it. Hey it's in the water, I'm happy!

Bad news the friend I was sitting with last week is in the hospital. Tonight at choir, his son called the church to say he was having a heart attack. Needless to say that put a damper on practice and we went home.

Thyrsday:
Tried to get on board last night but couldn't. Every site I tried said the action was cancelled couldn't open site at this time. Weird.

After I write the above I received a phone call about 11:30p with the news my friend passed away. So today has been hectic. Went to the nursing home, then spent some time with my friend. She asked me to see if the choir would sing On Eagle's Wings for the funeral service Saturday. So I cam home and made a couple of telephone calls to see about the organist. Also to make sure it was known that Karen wants to have a get together in the Fellowship Hall, her house is small and there will be a full house in the church for the service. Thank goodness someone else will make those arrangements, I just made sure the ball was rolling! Then I had to meet the Joyful Noise singers at a nursing home to entertain. When done there had to go to Walmart. When I got home I spent the next twi hours making phone calls to choir members. Also made arrangements for a floral gift from the choir.

I am really pooped! More from emotions I think than anything else. Frank was such a dear sweet man and has died too young. With every phone call it was a special thought about him from each person I spoke to.

DEB: Thank you! I think my arse is black and blue! What would we do without you?????? Whatsa matter with you guys?!? If we couldn't sleep there's a lot more fun you can do than surfing webs and TVs................makes it easier to slepp too!

GATOR: I know your dessertation was very difficult and on Interpersonal Communication in French Culture (I think!) I sorta faded after that, do you have another to do? Okay I read the English!

TEENSY: They are fun. At one point I lost my balance and went under! When instructor asked if I was alright I told her no problem fat always floats to the top! Did I say they have a doctor's scale in the locker room, glaring at me? I got on it yesterday and if it's right have not gained as much as I felt. 260 on the dot. So I've gained about 20#

BOB: Be careful whose butt middle you kick. You could lose a foot that way!!

SUPERDAVE: A looker for sure. A keeper! No wonder the therapy group of women wanted to talk to you!

FRUIT: A hoot. Makes you wonder what they do in their spare time!

If I'm not around the next day or two don't think I've flown the coop! I'll be very busy the next couple of days helping out. I have exercise tomorrow morning and have to make a couple of desserts for Saturday. Then Saturday will be busy and emotional.

The last couple of mornings have been beautiful and brisk, but the natives are complaining! You ought ot hear the yowls running the 75' - 100' from heated pool to building door! I haven't seen any icicles yet!

I did skim the board from page 5 where I left off but am really too tired to make a longer post.

Take care, Shirley

Last edited by sef; 10-03-2003 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:44 AM   #139  

Buenos dias!!

I'm off and running, again. I ahve to drop Selah off at Day Care, I have a Der appt at 9am and have to be at work at 11.

yesterday was pretty stressfull, but I still didn't cheat, much. I ate 2 chickfilA chicken strips that are brteaded,b ut there weren't many other options.

B: 7grain hot cereal (Ireally do try to eat breakfast, but 25 years of not ding it make it really hard to change)

S: 2 chickfila strips

L: Chick fila Chargrilled Salad

S: 1 oz sunflower seeds

D: Chickfila Southwest Grilled Salad

In case you hadn't noticed, I've been eating chickfila all week. The Research Study I am working on is for them, and they feed me free all day when I am there. What else can I do? Free is Free.... I'm there till next Tuesday.

Trav and I have started Fasting and praying at mealtimes on Fridays, so I won't eat until dinner tonight. We make sure we have a really good meal on Friday nights to make up for it. It reaaly had helped to keep me in focus spiritually, and it reminds me that food is just not that important. I'm passing up stuff that would have killed me to not eat, without even thinking aboutit. Food is to keep our body going, not as a comfort or a reward. If I don't like the way something healthy tastes, I can eat it easily if I remind myself that this is fuel for my body, and taste is just a bonus if it is good. Not that I eat anything I don't like eather. I love eating healthy!!

I've set up a reward sheet on my refrigerator. When I get to 185 I get to buy contact lenses (I didn't expect to lose 5 lbs already, so that could even be next week!) At 175 we get to buy a dvd player. We don't watch more than 5 hours of TV a week, but I love watching movies in spanish, and that is easier with DVD's.
At 170 I get to buy some new clothes, since I would be in a 11,and I got rid of all of those a long time ago!!

Selah's calling for me and I have to get out the door.

have a wonderful Friday!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:06 AM   #140  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning All

I can finally get on this computer though I have to admit that I'd like to crawl back in bed and go to sleep. Yes, it was another early morning wake-up call from ELI'S store! Not as bad as the 1:30am calls, at least we got in a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, as this call came in around 4:45am. Poor ELI had to wake up out of a sound sleep. He didn't even hear his cell phone go off, I had to wake him up. He threw on his clothes and rushed to the store - they didn't have the keys to open. Then he came home, took a shower and got ready to go back. Poor guy looks haggard!

You'd all be so proud of me! The other day ELI brought home a box of chocolate samples they sent him. He brought home chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered raspberries and 3 boxes of these dark chocolate squares. I didn't touch a single one Actually, since they are a new batch and have a long expiration date, I'm putting the squares away since they are probably SB LEGAL (will check for sure) in hopes we have a SB GET TOGETHER in the next few months No that I've said that, I sure as heck can't eat them!!!!!

I took the new microwave back to the store yesterday. After calling Whirlpool and explaining some of the problems even they suggested I go back. Ended up just getting a Panasonic which seems to be just fine. It's a little smaller but more wattage-I'll live with this one if it kills me!

I'm so far behind with all the posts since I haven't been able to get on the computer that I hope you don't mind that I just read over what I can and respond to those posts that I can and start back anew from here on.

PANCHO, in regards to the unbleached flour, to explain it a bit better as well as provide some more info for the board, read on

Flour Power -- A Guide to Buying Bread

By Jayne Hurley & Geneva CollinsSeptember 1997_—_U.S. Edition

Ah, September. Your kids show off their spiffy new lunch boxes while you scramble to think of what to pack in them. Office brown-baggers face the same dilemma yearround.Sandwiches are the universal answer. Don't believe us? The average American ate almost 54 pounds of bread in 1995. Granted, that's far below the 160+ pounds the average European eats, but it's still quite a hunk of dough.Of course, not all breads are created equal.Some are made from 100 percent whole grains, with all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals intact. They're the ones that may help cut your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
The rest are all or largely refined white flour -- which has been stripped of most of its nutrients.That includes rye bread, pumpernickel, oatmeal, raisin, French, Italian, honey wheat, wheat, crushed or cracked wheat, multi grain, sunflower, olive -- you name it. (You wouldn't know that from looking at our chart, though, which is heavy on whole -- or mostly whole -- grain breads.)Don't get us wrong. Refined flour breads aren't bad for you. They're low in fat, have no cholesterol, and supply some fiber, iron, and B-vitamins. But staff of life they ain't, despite their names.Take Wonder Fat Free Multi-Grain bread. "Wonder 1-Grain" (refined white flour) is more like it. There's more yeast than any of the other grains. And Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 Grain has more corn syrup than six of its seven grains. The seventh? You guessed it.Refined white flour is also the main grain in Arnold Bran'nola Nutty Grains, Oroweat Light 9 Grain, Pepperidge Farm Hearty Crunchy Oat, Roman Meal 12 Grain, and dozens of other nutritious-sounding breads.

The Whole Truth

Why does whole grain matter?If a bread doesn't have whole wheat, oats, or some other whole grain as the first ingredient, much of its vitamin-and-mineral-rich germ and bran leave been milled away, along with most of its fiber."Enriched" flour, which is what most breads are made from, is far from whole. The baker has added back three of the B-vitamins and the iron that were lost when the wheat was refined.Some companies that make "light" breads toss in highly processed fiber to boost the fiber numbers and cut the calories. But nothing replaces the lost vitamin E, B-6, magnesium, manganese, zinc, potassium, copper, pantothenic acid, and phytochemicals.(Starting next January, though, all enriched breads will be fortified with the B-vitamin folic acid, which is also lost during milling. That should reduce the risk of babies' being born with neural tube birth defects like spina bifida. Many brands, including Arnold, Brownberry, Oroweat, Pepperidge Farm, and Wonder, are starting to add folic acid to their breads.)

Shopping for Grain

How can you tell if you're getting whole wheat bread? Look at the ingredients. "Whole wheat flour" should be the only flour listed. Not "wheat flour," "unbleached wheat flour," or "unbleached enriched wheat flour." Those are just sneaky ways of saying "refined white flour."Too busy to squint at the tiny print? Look at the name. Any bread, roll, or bun with "whole wheat" as part of its name must be made with only whole wheat flour.
Breads with "Stone Ground Wheat," "Cracked Wheat," "Crushed Wheat," or "Wheat Berry" in their names may or may not be whole grain. Check the ingredients.If you're a fan of multi grain breads, look for whole wheat flour or some other whole grain as the first or second flour listed.Original Bran'nola, for example, has more refined white flour than any other grain. But just barely, thanks to all of its whole grain. Bran'nola is sold under the Arnold label in the East, as Brownberry in the Midwest, and as Oroweat in the West. Refined flour is also the first ingredient in Brownberry Natural Whole Bran. But the bread is almost half whole wheat and wheat bran.A few caveats:

Don't be fooled by high-fiber "light" breads. They're all or mostly refined white flour. Yet two slices of some-Arnold Bakery Light Italian or Wonder Light Wheat, for example-contain five to six grams of fiber . . . more than two slices of most 100% whole wheat breads. What gives?

The "light" makers have probably added highly processed cottonseed, oat, or soy fiber. That means the breads may help prevent constipation, but they don't supply the nutrients and phytochemicals that come with the whole grain. "Light" breads have fewer calories (and less sodium) than regular breads, at least in part, because they're sliced thinner. (And the labels can subtract the calories in the added fiber, because it passes through the body unabsorbed.)

Check the serving size. What's a serving of bread? For most people, it's two slices. Yet many labels give calories, sodium, fiber, and other nutrition information for one slice. That's fine, as long as you double the numbers before you make your sandwich. That's what we've done in our chart.

Small Brands. Our chart lists mostly major brands available in large supermarkets. Many delicious whole grain breads that are sold in natural food stores would probably qualify for Best Bites. That includes breads from Alvarado St. Bakery, The Baker, Food for Life, French Meadow, Natural Ovens, Nature's Path, and Shiloh Farms. If your favorite sandwich-maker isn't in the chart, use our Best Bite and Honorable Mention criteria to see how it stacks up.

Check out the website link, there's a chart on there with some breads listed that may be useful to all as well. Just click on this link: BREAD

I haven't eaten the SNYDERS SD PRETZELS, only FRESH MARKET. I've eaten the Snyders Oat Bran pretzels though. The FM pretzels have no preservatives in it. What makes them okay, even if made with unbleached flour is the process of the sour dough and the way the dough is fermented. On the SB INFORMATION BOARD there's a post about this Hope this was helpful, to someone, at least.

FRUIT, thanks for putting a smile on my face so early in the morning by seeing a smiles on someones butt! Are you working on DH, and I mean about the get together, though working on something else with DH would be okay and may actually be a good way to work on getting your way with the get together!!

SEF, sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure your friendship and caring ways, esp. during the time you were sitting with him meant more to him and his family than can ever be known. You know SEF, the more I think about you and all you do, I'd be sure to see angel wings sprouted upon your back if we were to meet! You must be the highlight of some many peoples days. People must really look forward to your presence wherever you go or are expected. My gosh, I can feel the love for you over here! Okay, maybe I should be feeling a different love from ELI in the middle of the night on those nights we both can't sleep but the poor guy is like the walking dead, def. doesn't have energy to do THAT! Me, I'm always ready! So what plans are their for your birthday next week?

DAVE, thanks once again for asking me to post your picture. It's one of the highlights of this board to put a name and a face together. As others have mentioned, I can't see, at least not in your face, where you have to lose any weight. You have a kind, gentle and handsome face and I can see where people can easily be drawn to talk to you-esp. those women at therapy

CHRISD, where are you going tonight with your friends? Hope you enjoy your night out!

TRISH, that sucks about the car! I would try to dispute it if you think you could. That seems like something that would happen to me with my string of luck as of late.

TALITHA, I'm worried that you aren't eating enough. From all the posts you've put your food intake in it isn't enough food and this is going to keep you from losing. With the added fasting it's going to be worse. If you ate enough normally the day fast wouldn't be so bad, but from what I see, I think it may do more harm upon what's already happening. Please, be careful.

With that, I'm going to get this post up on the board. I'm sorry I didn't get to everyone or reply to all the posts since my last "normal" post, but I hope you all understand. I'll check back a little later and be okay from here on, at least for the time being

Have a wonderful SB weekend!!

Debbie
Old 10-03-2003, 08:08 AM   #141  

My FRIDAY FUNNIES contribution:

BILLY JOE BOB

Redneck Billy Joe Bob, while a total idiot, was a gifted portrait
artist. His fame grew and soon people from all over the country were coming to him for paintings.

One day, a beautiful young woman pulled up to his house in a
stretch limo. She asked Billy Joe Bob if he could paint her in the nude. This was the first time anyone had made this request. The beautiful lady said money was no object, she was willing to pay $50,000.

Not willing to get into trouble with his wife, Billy Joe Bob asked
the lady to wait while he went in the house and conferred with his wife.

In a few minutes he returned and told the lady he was willing to
do it._ However, he would have to leave his socks on so he would have some place to wipe his brushes

Compliment?

Husband and wife are getting ready for bed. The wife is standing in front of a full length mirror taking a hard look at herself. "You know, love" she says, "I look in the mirror and I see an old woman. My face is all wrinkled, my boobs are barely above my waist, my butt is hanging out a mile, I've got fat legs and my arms are flabby." She turns to her husband and says... "Tell me something positive to make me feel better about myself."_ He thinks about it for a bit and says, "Well... there's nothing
wrong with your eyesight."

Smart Women

Everybody on earth dies and goes to heaven.
God comes and says, "I want the men to make two lines.
One line for the men that dominated their women on earth and the other line for the men that_ were dominated by their women.
Also, I want all the women to go with St. Peter."
With that said and done, the next time God looked, the women
are gone and there are two lines.

The line of the men that were dominated by their women was 100 miles long, and in the line of men that dominated their women, there was only one man.

God said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves. I created,
you in my image and you were all whipped by your mates. Look at the only one of my sons that stood up and made me proud. Learn from him! Tell them my son, how did you manage to be the only one in this line?"

And the man replied, "I don't know, my wife told me to stand here."

Are you tired of all those sissy, mushy "friendship" poems that always sound good_ but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that really speaks to true friendship!

1.. When you are sad, ...I will get you drunk and will help you plot
revenge against the sorry ******* who made you sad.

2. When you are blue, ...I'll try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile, ...I'll know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared,_ ...I will rag_ you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried, ...I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

6. When you are confused, ...I will use little words to explain.

7. When you are sick, ..stay away from me until you're well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall, ...I will point and laugh at your clumsy ***.

This is my oath, I pledge 'til the end. Why you may ask?

Because you're my friend!

Remember: A friend will help you move.

A really good friend will help you move a body.

Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:55 AM   #142  

Default Friday Morning

I finally braved the metal monster. Not good! I should have waited, since it was just so depressing. I have gained seven pounds since I started on this spiralling out of control. I don't need the wagon, I need the detox dungeon! I am going to go do some reading on the damage of sugar, and being hyperinsulinemic. Even taking Glucophage can't help if you are eating too much sugar. I will view last nights indiscretion as the END of the spiral. We went to our fav Mexican place, and got a good choice for dinner...stuffed poblano peppers with guacamole salad, double beans, and no rice. Unfortunately, I did not follow Tom's advice, and let them put a basket of chips on the table. He ate one. Just one. I ate more than half the basket before they brought the dinner. I felt gross, and bloated last night, and getting on the scale just kind of reinforces the idea that its time to turn around and get back to doing what is best for me healthwise.

I kept my daughter's friend's 11 month old yesterday afternoon. What a happy baby! The only problem was he would not sleep, so I put him in the car and drove to a far away gas station so he would get some sleep. 40 minutes of nap time does not seem like enough for an 11 month old!

The change in temperature is bothering my joints. It always takes a few weeks for me to adjust, so unfortunately, I have been waking up very achy and sore. All my joints are protesting the passing of summer. If things don't calm down soon, I will have to go get lab work done to see if I am flaring again. It sure feels like it.

JACK: I sure feel for you and the hip pain. My last big lupus flare was in my hips, and it was awful! The pain is so hard to deal with, since you can't sit, stand, lay down, or move without using the hipjoint. I sure hope your RA calms down soon. Did you get a steroid shot in the hip joint? I got that, but it took two to do any good.

TALITHA: You are doing great! I need you to come over and kick me in the butt! Sounds like an interesting job you have. Chic-fil-A is such a great company! A lady at our church is some big exec with them, and was the one that arranged for us to use the new retreat center they built at Berry.

DEB: That really sucks about Eli's store calling him all the time. It sure is frustrating to get woken up in the middle of the night.

FILLISE: Is there an Atlanta trip in your future, or am I going to have to come there? We can kick each other back into shape! I am determined today is the day. NO more off program stuff.

SEF: I am so sorry about your friend. I pray you will be comforted as well as his family. Its so good to have you back on here. Please don't leave again.

TRISH: Oh, I don't blame you for being mad about your car! I agree, some of that towing stuff is a racket. They towed my son's car out of his apartment complex, and then wanted like $700 to get it back. The car was not worth more than about $400, so he had to sign the title over to get out of paying. Then, he found his driver's license has some kind of hold on it, and can't figure out what is going on. I am sure it is related to the towing. There ought to be a law against that kind of crap!

HEART: I am glad you enjoyed the aerobics class! Sounds like a good work out.

CHRISD: I have read some of the stuff on mercury, and it is scary. I have about 8 cans of solid white albacore tuna in the cabinet, and now my hubby will not eat it. I think it is ok, as long as you don't eat it a lot. Its the build up that gets dangerous. Do you have any symptoms of mercury poisoning? What scared me was they are very similar to hypothyroid symptoms!

PANCHO: I hope your daughter is not getting sick. It sure is unusual for a little one to WANT to take a nap! I am sure you enjoyed the quiet time! I always like to have a quiet house to myself.

SUPERDAVE: Thanks for the picture!

GATOR: Enjoy your trip to Gainesville! I am curious as to what you wrote about the VOLS in that French paragraph!

JECRITES: Are you still thinking of making cakes to sell?

FRUIT: That pic was hilarious. I have a few funny ones I would love to post, but they are too bad!

BOB: I have been listening for the wagon, but I guess you got bogged down in the rain. I better go see who UGA plays tomorrow.

Ok, time for breakfast. Hope I did not miss anyone. I sure did not mean to, but I can't get any further back!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:05 AM   #143  

Just got this and could not resist!

Friday Funny

There was an attorney who got home late one evening
after a very taxing day trying to get a stay of execution for a client, named Wilbur Wright, who was due to be hanged for murder at midnight. His last minute plea for clemency to the state governor had failed and he was feeling tired and depressed.
As soon as he got through the door his wife started on about, "What time of night do you call this? Where the **** have you been?" and so on. Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he went and poured himself a very large whisky and headed off to the bathroom for a long hot soak -- pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks. While he was in the bath the phone rang, which the wife answered to be told that her husband's client had been granted his stay of execution after all.
Realizing what a day he must have had, she relented a little and went upstairs to give him the good news. As she opened
the bathroom door she was greeted by the sight of her husband's rear view as he bent naked over
the bath cleaning the tub.
"They're not hanging Wright tonight," she said, at which the attorney whirled round and screamed hysterically, "For crying
out loud . . . don't you ever stop?"
Old 10-03-2003, 09:49 AM   #144  

Good Friday morning. Thank God the work week is OVER. Things have been crazy at the office. I think my stress reared it's ugly head last night in the form of some emotional eating. I ate a handful of Cheetos last night after dinner, when I CLEARLY was not hungry. My goal for this weekend is to be able to report on Mon that I stayed on plan the entire weekend, despite eating out. I am tired of feeling like crap on Mondays. I am still reading Dr Phil's book and am really relating to it. I am just trying to incorporate it into my daily life (that is the hard part). I always say, It's not about what you know, It's how you feel. I KNOW I should not eat non SB food on the weekends, but I always do and then feel guilty. I am really going to try and not do this to myself this weekend. I have a choice........

Jackie- The weather is really nice here right now. About 65 as a low and 83 as a high. Today I am wearing jeans and a short sleeved shirt. At night,you would probably need a sweater or light jacket. Depends on how cold natured you are. Are you getting excited???? Did you check with Fruit about lunch on Sunday? I would like to meet you all!!!

Nat- That is really an impressive goal to get your certification as a personal trainer. I am sure many people could benefit from your expertise and to me, it is better to have someone who has struggled with weight issues before. I really like my trainer (most days!) and have been working with her for 7 months. I had tried to lift weights in the past, but my form was incorrect and I never saw results. I decided to get a trainer after being on a plateau that just was not moving, hoping to shake things up a bit. It shook it up, alright. She is a good source of motivation for me and really pushes me to my maximum. She knows when I am ready to move up, when I don't. If it were up to me, I would still be lifting 5 pound weights!!!I am doing things that I never thought I would be able to do, like pushups, planks, and my LEAST FAVORITE OF ALL....PULLUPS. Even though I act like I am in a torture chamber, I am really proud of my hard work. It is definitely EXPENSIVE, and thankfully right now I can afford it. The way I rationalize it is this....It still beats the costs of medical problems related to obesity anyday.

Monet- The chips at Mexican restaurants are PURE EVIL. I always say, one is too many, and a thousand is never enough!

SuperDave- I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for posting your picture. You are quite handsome!!!!

Trish- Sorry to hear about your car. That is terrible. I hope things get better (and the birdpoop comes out of your shirt!!)

ChrisD- Have a nice night out. You certainly desrerve it!

Sef- Very sorry to hear of your loss. You and your friend's family are in my prayers and thoughts.

Talitha- I like your idea about the reward system for pounds lost. That sure is a way to stay motivated!!!!

This is as far back as I can go on posts, so I did not mean to ignore anyone. Hello to Colleen, Deb, Fruit, Heartmom, crystle,angehaley, and all you other FABULOUS sugar bustin peeps!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:09 AM   #145  

Good Morning!

It's a beautiful 55 degrees out there, but it was 48 when I got up @ 6am. Was planning to sleep in this morning, but.... oh well, got up & made cooffee & cooked breakfast for dh before he went off to work. NO! He didn't have a heart attack, but I know it surprised him.

I did get out there & walked. I guess all the jogging in place at work & the step-ups (don't know what else to call them) have been helping, as I was able to jog half of the way & back without dropping dead, although it took all I had to do it. I do get so short of breath.

It's been a busy week as usual & have not read the board, but did quickly scan through & was excited to see all the familiar faces/names! We like sheep have gone astray, but it's good to come back here where we are loved & accepted! It's good to have a safe haven where we can unload & share the rough spots. Thanks Deb, for rounding us up again! You're a doll to care so much about us all. Please don't give up on us!

Got to get to the shower & then the Chiropractor who may not want to see me since it's been so long. LOL DD's trailer is being moved Monday, so I will soon have my house back but will miss the baby. He still sleeps alot. He's 23 days old. SHAAAAA, what a precious gift!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:11 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, guys! Give me a pat on my back- I just got thru with my 3 mile tape. I went ahead and done it this morning and got it outta the way. I see myself set comfortably in the 170's by WIW(I stepped on the scale this morning and I was happy with what I saw). I've been doing better with portion control the past couple of days. Most of the time at supper, I will have seconds. I stuck to one plate last night. Chicken, green beans, and butter peas. I made the butter peas with olive oil and a tbsp of light butter- they were pretty good. I went to bed last night at 10, but hubby kept me up with his snoring until almost 1 am and then I woke up several times between then and 6:30 this morning. Said to heck with it and got up for good. I was looking up different ideal weight charts last night- for the most part, they said anywhere from 124-164. That's a big range- and I know I would look sickly if I got below 140. I found one that said BETTER IDEAL WEIGHT and it gave me 149. That's a little better. And 164 is still too much weight for me. I was telling hubby this, and he was like "I'm tired of hearing about your weight,etc..." I could have thrown a book at him! Funny how he said this while stuffing his face(after supper) with popcorn. He's done ballooned up to around 218. He could use some SBusting hisself. But I'll never tell him that since it would make him mad and he didn't tell me to lose weight when I was at 270. However, I do tell him that he eats too many cholestoral, salty-enriched foods- that he should be careful for his health. Hasn't worked yet. Still eats a bag of popcorn on a daily basis and loves his Doritos.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:04 AM   #147  

Sorry y'all but this is gonna be quick. I'm so tired after my week of running to the clinic and Wal-Mart and all, so today I'm just gonna sit back and relax. I need to be cleaning on this house some, it's gotten into a terrible state, not to mention the dang laundry that seems to just pile up and up and up. I'll might start on that today, and if I don't there's the weekend.

Just to let everyone know, Autumn is doing much better today. Her throat isn't hurting anymore, so she doesn't need the motrin all the time, just the antibiotic. I'm so glad I caught it when it first started up, I'm normally not that lucky.

Monet, Yes I'm still thinking about it. I think it would be something fun and neat to do. I told hubby about it and he said that he'll have to think about it because he thinks that we're not allowed to run a "business" out of our home on base. He said that I might could give out my cell number and take orders that way and then deliver the cakes. Hopefully he'll be around a little more over the weekend so I can talk to him more about it. A lady at my mom's church gave her some shaped pans and other things to give me; she said that her hands aren't too stable anymore for her to decorate cakes.

Well I'm off to relax now, I'll check back sometme later.

Jenn
Old 10-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #148  

Good Friday morning!! Well, it appears as if I won't be able to workout today afterall. The office scheduled my husband's eye revision surgery for 11:30. We will have to drop him off, and then I will take DD to school, go back and pick him up and then pick up DD from school. Just a lot of being in the vehicle; hope youngest DD is o.k. with it.

Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover? I caught the last 25 minutes of it, and it is amazing to see such drastic results. BUT, what I was interested to see is a preview that they showed for an upcoming episode of a man who lost over 200 pounds, and has really loose, baggy elephant skin (like my tummy area). It showed him jogging without a shirt on, and it was just swaying from side to side. I"d like to catch that episode.

heart: Sounds like an awesome workout, and will only help you get to those 170's quicker. I can't believe your DH said that. I am sure most of them think it most of the time but just don't say it. My husband is in awesome shape, muscular and fit and looks great. He never tried to get me to lose weight, but encouraged me along the way when I decided to. We met at a gym and I was about 117 pounds and toned to the hilt, so I'm sure he was feeling a little let down after I had children and was flabby and fat. I have read so much to him that he has cut out all soda from his diet and has cut back on his beer intake and sugar intake. He has learned from my experience and has applied a lot of it to his daily diet. Remember you can talk to any of us anytime, if he doesn't want to hear it.

chrisd: I read that canned tuna is safer than fresh as far as mercury levels are concerned. I have no idea why that would be though. You may want to read Deb's post on the pretzels, as I am now a little confused myself. She said the Snyder's Oat Bran pretzels are o.k., and another brand of sourdough are o.k., so I may have given you the wrong info. I am still eating the sourdough ones I bought and they don't seem to be affecting me in a negative way.

Sef: Wow, what a terrible day. So sorry to hear about the little fender bender and the death of your dear friend. You've been so busy, and you are still finding time for your exercise; you go girl!

Talitha: I was wondering about all of the Chick-Fil-A meals. I love their food. We are starting to get just a few freestanding ones around here. Up until now, you'd have to go to the mall to get their food. They are only located in one mall, and will be closing that one down soon. I hope they open a lot of drive-thrus in the area, so I can enjoy their food more. What a great idea to reward yourself for goals met. I have often thought of rewarding myself for every month I maintain.

Deb: Congrats on passing on the chocolate. That would have been a true test to my willpower. I'm probably more confused now about the pretzel issue. Why would the sourdough pretzels that you mentioned be o.k, but the Snyders not be o.k.? Isn't the sourdough making process the same in both? If not, I will probably finish up what I have and switch to the oat bran next.

Monet: Sorry to hear about the weight gain; it usually does catch up. That is why I am obsessive about weighing myself. Every morning when I get up....I go to the bathroom and then step on the scale. For me, it is a good way to keep myself on track. If I lost or maintained, I keep up what I've been doing. If I've gained, I tighten the reigns a bit until I am back down.

jackieO: I think it is great to have incentive to stay OP over the weekend, which is the toughest time for all of us. I like the idea of a Weigh-in-Monday to help keep everyone accountable! What a great outlook on the money you are putting out for a personal trainer. They are worth their weight in gold (if they truly know their stuff).

Well, time to get everyone dressed and ready for the day.

Take care guys!!
Nat
Old 10-03-2003, 11:39 AM   #149  

Hey All

Taking a short break from cleaning. Working on the kitchen. Dining room is really bad, I'm throwing everything from everywhere on that table and it's piling up high, mind you, my table seats 8! Family room is a wreck as well. You'd think with not having a job my house would be spotless I reserve that honor for guests, like SB guets I love a clean house but hate cleaning the same crap over and over and over again. MICHAEL has a way with leaving his mark in each and every room, LAUREN'S not as bad.

Can't remember if I told you that I made another batch of pita bread the other night. It went fast - ELI just LOVES home made pita bread and only gets it when he goes home to Lebanon, so it's been a real treat. Everyone loves the taste. I may make a batch later today. If anyone has a ABM and wants the recipe, just let me know and I'll post it.

MONET, the DD is not that far to come to-you're welcome to commit yourself at any time! I can bring the traveling version if need be I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe the mere sight of the scale will get you back on track. Plus, if you come here to the DD your joints will feel right at home, summer sure hasn't passed here! Thanks for that FF!

JACKIE, don't stress over the stress and the eating of the Chetoos - at least it wasn't a whole bag, which is probably what I would do if I ever was in the situation, afterwards then lick my fingers! I'm looking forward to seeing you come Monday posting you had a great OP weekend, you can do it! Take a MM posting of old that inspires you and keep it at hand, when you get an urge to eat something off plan, pull it out and read it - if that doesn't do the trick, get a copy of me doing my "look." That will stop anyone in their tracks from eating - ask BOB about it!

MELF, you're killing me with your lovely temps you have there! I'm dying of the heat here in the upper 80's! Hope all goes well with the moving of the trailer on Monday.

HEART, can't give you a pat on the back, but I sure can show you this way Good going! Okay, what are butter peas? I know what butter beans are, but never heard of butter peas. DH snores? ELI does too, bad. I've been wearing earplugs to bed for years. I'm so use to sleeping with them that even if I'm away from him on a trip or the like, I still sleep with them. I think DH said that to you about the weight think because of his weight gain and he probably doesn't have the willpower that you have to do something about it? Just a theory.

JEC, I'm sure you'll get more done in your house than me in mine! Glad to hear DD is doing better.

PANCHO, I watched the end of EM last night and saw the man you mentioned - will try to watch it as well. I sorta look like that! I would love to be on that show but being away for 8 weeks would be extremely hard. I may wait and try to apply next year when MICHAEL goes to college. I may be one of those people they can't choose because they have too many things to fix. I don't know what ingredients are in the SNYDER'S SD pretzels, but I know with the FM ones, there is no hydrogenated stuff and things like that. If you have a bag of the pretzels, post the ingredients and I'll tell you what I think.

Back to the salt mines!

Deb
Old 10-03-2003, 12:04 PM   #150  

Hey everyone....just a quick post to say hello! Im cleaning today, just taking a little break for a minute.

DEB - Thank you for the pretzel post. Im just gonna pretend that I still cant have them, and stay away. I still need to know about Bown Betty! When you have a minute tell me a little about it. Going to Chilis tonight for dinner. I cant wait to get out for a while! Im cleaning with you today! What fun! Good job on passing on those chocolates!

MONET - No, i dont have any symptons of mercury poisoning...at least I dont think i do. Im just going to stay away from tuna for a while. thats the safest bet right now.

PANCHO - Im more confused now too! As soon as I have a little more time I need to read Deb's flour post. I skimmed through it, but I need to re-read it.

JACKIEO- Thank you! I think i deserve it too!

Back to the salt mines with deb!

Chris
Closed Thread