Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 01:29 PM   #121  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!!

I just heard from YELLOW ROSE and we're trying to get our heads together for a meet up when I go to SC at the end of the month. Wish us luck!

SUSAN....What in the world would you and BOB do without AVACADOS??????
I'm so glad that MS BELLE made friends with her GRANDPARENTS that's a plus...she'll be wanting to go visit every time now so be prepared!
I'm not too happy with our first game ..
FRESNO STATE.....WHO IN THE HECK ARE THEY????? Got an offer for some tickets to theGATOR game, but can't afford what they want...I'll just stay home and watch in on the tube....chair pulled up to the TV, beer in the cooler...shakers , WHAT MORE COULD A GAL WANT??????
No movies this weekend....next week...I've depleted my options and have to wait...I'm watching the adopt a pet telethon and I tell you...it's a good thing I don't live on a farm and have any money!!!!

I better get back in there and finish my laundry....

to everyone!!! Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

BOB
Old 08-02-2003, 01:33 PM   #122  

HEY CRYSTLE,

SPIDERS.....UGH!!!! I found a JUMPER in my bath tub last week and had to jump myself to catch it! It was down the toilet it went!
I love fried okra....I just put a little oil in the pan and throw it in. It browns really good, and is just as good as the breaded kind!
Crab Legs are TOO MUCH WORK for me...there isn't enough meat in there to make it worth while !!! Come on down and have some meat loaf...I promise you you'll love it!!! I make a KILLER!!!

BOB
Old 08-02-2003, 01:56 PM   #123  

BOBBBB! Hubby graduated from FRESNO STATE and the rolling pin icon is from him. FYI...they are suppose to be in the top 25 this year and pretty good. AU has played them before and struggled. We'll have to have a little contest when they have their game
Old 08-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #124  

You got it BEACH...and tell DH to please not hit me too hard!!!
BOB
Old 08-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #125  

Question MEATLOAF....

Hello BOB!!!!!
I too am making meatloaf for dinner.... I tried to find a post from you for your meatloaf.... is it already on here???? If not, would it be too much to ask you to share????? My recipe is plain-ol-jane....!!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ange.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:38 PM   #126  
Sonya

Talking Hiya

Hi

Crystal--Hehehe snakes and spiders!!!!! If I ever found one in our garden I would be outta there soooooo faaassssttt.....lol. They could have the garden on my part. EEEEEEkkkkkkkkkk. I don't like spiders and snakes....lol I know theres a song about that somewhere...lol

Bob--yup its great fried but I also love putting it in my fresh peas like I am doing right now!!!!

Later eveyone!!!!!

I am also gonna cut up some fresh tomatoes outta my garden to go with that....yum yum..

The pumpkin plant was volunteer...My 5 yr old went to a pumpkin farm this past school session and they all got a pumpkin a piece and I deseeded it and put the seeds outside to dry on the barbeque pit and they fell off, I thought I had picked them all up but surprise we have a huge pumpkin vine. It reaches about 50 foot down the side of the trailer.

Everyone have a great evening!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 05:15 PM   #127  

Hi,

Thank you everyone for the nice responses. I will try to say more later.

Right now I wanted to let you all know about Debbie's plight. She had car trouble on the road home and had to spend the night when her vechicle had to be towed to the Ford dealership. She found out this morning that it is the transmission, so, she rented a car to take the kids home and she will need to leave verrry early Monday (I think it is) to go back to get the car and return the rented one. I think she said it would be a five or six hour drive and she has to be back no later than 1 pm. She said to tell you that if she gets on the board it will be very short. She is so happy that Rosalie has been so helpful and can start the board on Monday again.

I am sorry to have to tell you all this sad news but as always, Deb is in good spirits.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Not alot going on today. Oh, the water weight was gone the next day. But I'm still up 2 pounds from my low(185) that I saw prior to vacation. Anyway, yesterday I went and got 95% of Ashley's school stuff. The bargains of the day were a cute outfit marked down to $2 and a pair of Sckechers tennis shoes that were on clearance for $19, and then at the register, they rang up $9.50. I paid bills and did that, and now broke again,lol. My Mom is actually going to keep the kids overnight tonight. No money to go out, but at least hubby and I will have some peace and quiet. I'm sure we'll end up watching one of the movies I borrowed. We watched I am Sam the other night. Pretty good. The little girl was just too cute. TEENSY- congrats on the 100 lbs! What an accomplishment! I can't wait until it's my turn,lol.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:19 PM   #129  

ange,

I just now saw your post...I use ground sirloin, stewed tomatoes,
three medium onions, a shake or two of bread crumbs, mustard,
two eggs....mix really good...shape and put in the pan..usually two loafs of meat...take a can of tomato sauce and mix one can of water in it..pour over the two meat loafs and bake for 1 hr
at 425,,,,
that's it....

BOB
Old 08-02-2003, 06:40 PM   #130  

Talking Good timing....!!!

Hey BOB!!!!!!!!!!
That was sure good timing.... I just got back on to check if you got a chance to reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the recipe.... I will try...... RIGHT NOW!!!
TAKE CARE & ENJOY DINNER!!!!
ange.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #131  

Hi All

Bad day around here...daugther and boyfriend broke up My heart really hurts for her. To make it worse he is being a jerk and not nice...he said some really cruel things to a friend that got back to her. That is after 1 year of being together and supposedly in love and then he makes fun of her. He's 2 years older and you would think a little more mature than that. My DD is doing better tonight but he was the type that had to have all her attention so she let some friendships go because he couldn't handle sharing her time. What a lesson she has learned. Oh well, don't we all learn this one early.

I did get the bills paid, some laundry and some cleaning. Hubby and I went for a walk and we also picked up our old computer so now we have 2 going.

Had a taco salad for dinner. It sure did hit the spot. I've been pretty hungry for a couple of days. Not sure why but I upped my protein today and I'm somewhat better.

Well have to run.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:22 PM   #132  

Evening everyone! I sure hope you remember me, cause it seems like I have not been able to get on much lately!

I decided the time had come to get back on track right. Its been three days since I had anything with sugar. Once I get that taken care of, I am going to tighten up on the smaller indiscretions of a bit of white flour here and there, and too many starchy carbs. So far, it has been hard, but I feel good about how well I have done.

Welcome to the newbies! Glad you are here! Welcome back Thunder, and Agape.

TEENSY: I am so glad your tests were good. You are doing so awesome! 103!? That is fantabulous!

BOB: Congrats on your 35!! That is wonderul! I feel left out on this football stuff. You don't even mention UGA.... Dawg Gone it!

GATOR: I thought of you this morning. There were a bunch of caterpillars on my dill plant this morning. They were kind of yellow and green striped, and I was hoping they were from the swallowtail butterfly I saw hanging around a few weeks ago. I left them alone. If they eat up all the dill, oh well!

BEACH: I get migraines a lot. Mine are definitely hormonal. I use Imitrex some, and I don't think it hurts to use it a couple times in one week, if you need it. You just don't want to take too much at once. I get the aura, and so I know before the pain hits...and I have had three this week! Drives me nuts!

YELLOW: Glad you had a good visit with Deb and kids. I am jealous of your garden! I think I will get cukes, but I planted too late. The tomatoes are not doing well, the squash is pitiful, but the cukes are growing like weeds, which Tom says they are! (you remember, he hates them! )

FILLISE: I never work on weekends. Next week, I am off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I get off at 1, and can leave early if I need to. Can't wait to see you! When can you come?

HEART: I remember not so long ago when you were wanting to break that 200 mark. Now look! You are out of the 90's! Slow and steady wins the race! You are doing great!

ROSALIE: Thanks for starting the boards for us, and standing in for Deb. You deserve a medal! Or something!

I was really excited on Thursday! I was having so much fun at work, I almost forgot to clock out on time! I was decorating birthday cakes for the case! Fun fun!

Ok, gotta go to bed! I really enjoy getting lots of sleep over the weekend!
Old 08-03-2003, 08:05 AM   #133  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise--Yep, they do need help. The whole PR dept. must have failed zoology and didn't realize that they should proofread publications.

Monet--I bet it is a swallowtail. Their larvae are green and yellow with a little black. Compare them to the pictures I posted.

Gotta go get ready for church.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:58 AM   #134  

GATOR: They are swallowtails! Tom looked it up on the internet and found a picture...looks just like the guys on my dill plant! I hope they decide to stick around and I get to see them go through their metamorphosis.... There was a swallowtail hanging around that area of the yard about a week ago. I think it was attracted to the tiger lilies that were in bloom. Convenient for it, I planted my dill right next to them! Enjoy church! Our service is in the evening, so I can be lazy in the mornings!
Old 08-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #135  

Thumbs down Happy Sunday

Morning All

I'm going to church at 11:30 today, then off to our favorite place to eat the Fishmarket, the we go to the fairgrounds flea market. I'll have a busy day. Still have a lot of laundry to do and need to go to the grocery store. Just thinking about the day makes me tired.

Lunch today will be Greek Snapper and dinner will be steamed shrimp. I always eat fish on Sundays because I weigh in at WW on Mondays. I always feel that fish is lighter

I hate to hear Deb had such trouble on her trip. The worst part is if it was the transmission, then it usually is very expensive unless it is under warranty. I'm sending positvie vibes her way

Monet...my migraines are hormone related too. I never go over the daily dose but no one had told me how often I could take the medicine during the week. I've suffered for years and this medicine is a life saver. I take Amerge which is similar to imitrex. Thanks for letting me know. Glad you are back on the board.

Well I have to run. Hope everyone has a great day.

Anna
Closed Thread