Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When do you find yourself to be the hungriest?
EARLY MORNING 2 5.88%
MID-MORNING 5 14.71%
NOONISH 1 2.94%
MID-AFTERNOON 8 23.53%
EARLY EVENING 5 14.71%
EVENING 5 14.71%
LATE EVENING 7 20.59%
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT 0 0%
I CAN'T PICK ONE! CONTINUOUSLY-24/7! 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 05:58 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/28-2/3

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please visit our NEW 2002 BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our JANAURY/FEBRUARY/MARCH 2002-FIRST QUARTER RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...910#post141648

We have NINE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!!

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

Want to post your weigh in results, we have a MONTHLY WEIGH IN BOARD at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12043

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12945

DO YOU HAVE A MONTHLY GOAL? Post your End of Month Goal on our new GOAL BOARD at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=12045

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001/2002 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Last edited by Debelli; 01-30-2002 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:07 AM   #2  

Smile

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

UNDER YOUR CONTROL

No matter what happens, you can control the way you think about it, the way you act in response, and the way you feel. Your thoughts, actions and feelings aren't forced upon you -- they're whatever you decide to make them.

Look down, droop your shoulders over and frown. Notice how lousy you feel? Now, sit up straight, look upward, take a deep, refreshing breath and smile. See how great you feel? What a difference! Your external circumstances did not change, but you did.

The way you think, the way you act, and the way you feel can make a tremendous difference in the quality of your life. And those things are all under your control.

In each moment, you have the opportunity to decide how life will be for you. So how do you want it to be? Take control of your thoughts and make them positive. Take control of your actions and make them effective. Take control of your feelings and make them empowering. Take control, and enjoy the grand experience being the best you can be.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-28-2002, 07:05 AM   #3  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default 32 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!!

I haven't got much time, but wanted to pop in quickly to remind everyone that we have just over a month before we can register for the WDW MARATHON and HALF MARATHON!

They fired the other girl on our team last week and so we've been doubly busy and this week is month end reports so we're going to be even busier. I'm not complaining though - she didn't do squat and should have been fired a long time ago. I'll gladly work 20 hours a day to have the peace and quiet and nicer atmosphere that we have without her coming to work every day.

I'm walking and eating OP so I hope that WIW shows the results of my work. Got 3.5 miles done in 1 hour 2 minutes last night - that's about 4 minutes faster than last time I did that distance. I would have gone further, but we went to see Blackhawk Down and didn't get home until late.

I'll check back in later with personal replies, but wanted to check in and tell DEBBIE that we had some lamb-burger type thingy from the Taste of Lebanon book last night. (Meister fixed it while I was out walking). It was yummy!!

Gotta run! have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:59 AM   #4  
"I'm working on it!"

Thumbs down GOOD MORNING!!!

Gonna be a glorious day here! About 48 F. Washed the car yesterday, it was like a spring day!

Great MM post Deb! That's how I've got to be! I don't care if I get a cold, I'm gonna keep at my exercising! No more excuses!

I finally finshed the BFL book yesterday. He says if you're looking to lose fat, that your workouts should be done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I'm up making DH lunch at 5:45 and he's out the door by 6:05. DS has been getting up around 7:30. So I have the perfect window of opportunity to get in my workout! Well, TODAY I DID IT!!!!

I decided to start the challenge over again! But this time, no matter what, I'm gonna keep going! Just like the book says. I've just finished my first mini-meal and have the whole day to do what I want and I don't have to worry about fitting in my workout! I think someone should have dropped a weight on my head a long time ago so I could have come to this realization earlier

I've also got motivation cause DH is starting the plan today too. Don't want him to get buff without me! Also makes it easier to plan meals if we're eating the same.

SOL--WTG on your walking! You'll do great at the WDW marathon. Sorry you have to be working so hard, but like you said, at least it's more enjoyable.

EVERYONE have a great day! I have to go thru the house and get rid of a lot of stuff. I've given myself til the end of the month. Ha! That's only 3 days away! So I'll get back when I can.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:35 AM   #5  

Default Hi...again

Hi ladies...

I introduced myself to you all about 4-5 months ago, but fell out of the loop pretty quickly because I actually just got too overwhelmed with the SB plan. I've continued looking into it, and I "think" I'm ready to make a go of it again.

I do have just one basic question though. I have devoured the book, and actually have maybe tried to analyze it too much... but my question is this: (and I know I'm asking for a BIG generalization here...) Is it "legal" to eat foods that just have 2 or less grams of sugar. For instance...I got this GREAT SGWW bread, 100%... but it does have 2 gms of sugar... Is this "legal"?

I think what frustrated me before was analyzing labels soo much. For instance, cream of chicken soup... less than 2 gms of sugar .. but has trace amounts of wheat flour in it. Okay...or not?? Some people say yes... some say no. I think maybe if I start out saying I can't eat anything with more than 2 grams of sugar (except of course, flour, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, etc), maybe it will all kick in eventually. It's gotta help to some extent..I have over 100 lbs to lose.

My family is just going nuts with me trying to pick a plan. I made some manicotti last night... maybe for dinner I'll just eat the insides which are chicken, spinach, ricotta, egg and mozarella. That's all okay isn't it?

I guess I just need a little hand holding from a pro.

I'm usually on yahoo messenger during the day at work...please feel free to say hi! My screen name is holmesx2.

Thanks ladies! I admire your dedication to this WOE..and hope to join the ranks!!!

Cj
Old 01-28-2002, 09:50 AM   #6  

Good Mornin' Again Everyone

Just got in from my jog/walk and am happy to report that I have a NEW SECOND BEST TIME OF 44:29! That's only 9 seconds above my best time and let me tell you, it's hotter than the dickens out there-I could only imagine what my time could of been if it were cool, like it's suppose to be!

Also, happy to report, I didn't have a single piece of cheesecake yesterday! Didn't even desire it-guess the shock of the calories I found over the weekend did me some good

Well, today is Lauren's audition to get into the magnet program. It's at 4pm and will take about 2 hours. PLEASE SEND GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS HER WAY TODAY All I told her was to do her best and if that doesn't get her in, that's just fine, I know she tried her best and it would be the schools loss not to have her in the program. CROSS THOSE FINGERS PLEASE!!!!

I went to p/u the pictures from Orlando Saturday-one roll was ready, the other one they have to re-do. They put them on a CD instead of on line, so I'm hoping they will be back on Wed/Thursday-but I am going to get some of the pics posted below-so be patient while they load.

I made a FOOD FOR THOUGHT JOURNAL BOARD for this week. What's everyone's thoughts about doing this each week and those who want to participate in it do, those who don't don't have to-or should we just keep it this one week and not do it anymore, or once in a while-any thoughts????

SEF, we have WINN DIXIE down here-but I've never seen SB PISTOLETTES there-actually, I still don't quite know what to look for if I go there. Hmmm, I haven't seen the NO SF ROLLS either, and we have the outlet down here-guess they make them for different regions. Would be nice to have for a Boca Burger once in a while. Congrats on being able to stay OP so well of late-are you going to weigh in when you go the the Neurologist? To change your avatar go to EDIT PROFILE, I believe-if not EDIT OPTIONS

BUSDEB, sorry, I did miss that post about Dixie. Glad you knew enough to make the right decision, seems you got the right horse now-she's a beaut!

SOL, I bet by the time the entry day for the marathon rolls around, you'll be seeing even faster times! You're doing great. I bet you'll be jogging some, if not all, of the marathon they way you are going-a year is a long time to train! I'm crossing my fingers for you for WIW girl! You probably made the GRILLED KAFTA??

ZANNE, glad you like today's MM-he always has such great thoughts! I find doing my exercise in the morning not only gets it out of the way, but it makes me feel good and also, I find that I'm not as hungry as if I don't exercise, or try to do it later. Keep up the great work!!

CJANE, welcome back to the board. To answer your question, SB RULES are anything that contains 3 grams of sugar, or less PER SERVINGS is okay to have. Try not to over-analyze the book, there are quite a few discrepancies in that book anyhow, and it can drive you batty as ****. You've read the book, now, just ask questions-that's what's going to help you. You have to understand, the book is a guideline and doesn't have to be 100% exact. I followed it to a T, but others didn't, like our old pal BEACHFAN, she ate bananas the entire time and still made goal after losing over 80lbs. Those same bananas could effect me where I won't lose, but for her, it didn't effect her weight loss at all. SB can be a very forgiving WOE. For the soup, from what you posted, I'd say it was fine-if you want, list all the ingredients, and I'll be happy to throw you my 2 cents worth of opinions. The manicotti innerds are fine, but you could try to find a WW manicotti shell, or make WW lasagna, which is delicious and my entire family loves! We're all happy to help-don't be afraid to ask for it!!!

Okay everyone, gotta run get something to eat and get in the shower, have some errands to do before I have to get Lauren later.

REMINDER: TOMORROW IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST-hope you can all make it!!!

Have a great week!

Debbie
194/122.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-28-2002, 09:51 AM   #7  

Hello all! I am here and still plugging away. Hope to catch up soon!!! I miss you all!

Liz
Old 01-28-2002, 09:52 AM   #8  

PICTURES FROM OUR ORLANDO GET TOGETHER!!!!

This first one is of our
HOST AND HOSTESS-SONYA (SOLSHINE) & DH VINCE

Last edited by Debelli; 01-28-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:53 AM   #9  

OUR GUESTS OF HONOR

RENEE (FROG LOVER) & DH BILL
Old 01-28-2002, 09:56 AM   #10  

Another picture of our endearing Hostess-SOLSHINE
Old 01-28-2002, 09:57 AM   #11  

FOOD!!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:01 AM   #12  

THE GROUP!

Fromt left to right GATORGAL (GAIL), DEBELLI (DEBBIE), BIGKNIGHTSMOMMA (CHRIS) ZSUZSU (SUE), and sitting down on the left SOLSHINE (SONYA) & FROG LOVER (RENEE)
Old 01-28-2002, 10:02 AM   #13  

ANOTHER ONE!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:04 AM   #14  

PIGGING OUT!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:07 AM   #15  

ELI READY TO MAKE SOME COFFEE!!!
Closed Thread