Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Looking back on last week, how many days can you say you were 100% ON PLAN?
0 2 7.69%
1 0 0%
2 2 7.69%
3 3 11.54%
4 1 3.85%
5 5 19.23%
6 4 15.38%
7 (ALLWEEK) 5 19.23%
I'm just starting today 2 7.69%
I'm not on this WOE, I just come here to lurk 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 12:24 AM   #91  
Enjoying a new beginning

Ladies... my heart goes out to everyone with families involved with freeing Iraq. I know Canada gets bad press about our lack of involment. Ironically I still have friends that are over there. They went ages ago and I guess some of the press has forgotten that..but please know my prayers and thought go out daily.

It seems like many of us have been facing personal crisis. I"ve just finished my last radiation treatments and would love to report some good news I've just had my biopsy reports e-mailed to me. Praise God my margins are all clean!! My doc says I can now go onto the 5 year wait and see plan. I've even been taken off all of the cancer medications but the Tamoxifen. I am so delighted and just wanted to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.

I urge you all to let go of the past over-eating memories and let them float away. Now let's all have a fresh start... I hope everyone here gets healthy..There is a lovely world that needs us to care for it.. Hugs to all...Lori
Old 04-10-2003, 06:31 AM   #92  

Grin-Thanks for the inspiring post. You have made me feel glad to be alive. I'm so happy about your biopsy reports too. What wonderful news.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:49 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning,

I agree with Quilter, Friday is almost here. Just can't get here quick enough. It's been a tired week. Just can't kick it.

Finally got in my work out last night. Boy it's hard when you miss a few times. Hope to keep it up the rest of the week.

Not much going on with me, so off to all of you.

Deb, hope your dad is feeling better today.

Jane, 1 or 3 it's still a loss. Jump back on track and the meatball sub won't have too much affect on you.

Trish, good price on agave. I found it at $2.99 or $3.99 and went back to get some and it had gone up to $5.25. What color did you get on yur nails?

Agape, How did you get the smiles to print out. I have tried everything and can't get them to print. Sorry no crunchy cookie receipes here. I have tried the no-bake cookies and they were pretty good.

Bob, you poor thing. I sure hope that massage works for you. I hate that you are in so much pain. Take care.

Lin, Thanks for the tally. Always wondered about that. Hey that's like losing a 2 or 3 yr old.

Yellow, Have a wonderful time with Trish on Sunday. We want pics and details.

Teensey, Yes eeryday gets a little more hectic. Especially with EAster, and the Derby right before the wedding. Everyday is something else. Maintaining is good. Yes we would like to lose every week, but our bodies need time to adjust to previous losses. Loose jeans is a big plus. I can't believe you don't lose in the bust. That's the first thing that goes on me. I now have almost nothing and what little is there hangs low.

Kim, You are a lady of many talents. Jewelry and now crocheting. An added benefit to all that crocheting is your hands will be busy and you won't tempted to eat. I'm gonna have to find a hobby like that after the wedding to keep me busy.

Tranquil, I hope you get the answers you want at the Dr. You need to find time to get on here, even just to say hi. It really helps.

Monet, What are we going to do with you. You lose 5 lbs and go off eating breadsticks. Theya re to die for aren't they? If you look at it, you actually only had 4 starchy carbs yesterday. You will be fine. You know the drill. Back OP today and for punishment you have to do 5 extra minutes on the TM.

Rosalie, glad you aren't freeting over that gain. Probably nothing anyway. Glad it is warming up for you all up there. It's cold here but at least we don't have snow.

Serene, you and Tranquil need to find a job that's not so stressful. Just kidding. Hope things slow down for you and you can spend more time with us. Bob is bringing the wagon around so just hop right in and hold on.

Grin, How wonderful for you. That is the best news anyone could ever have. I admire your strength through such a difficult time. I hope that you have more than 5 years of wait and see time.

Have a great day.

Jackie
257/156/145
10-10-01
Old 04-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #94  

Good morning everyone. It was a little chilly this morning in Central Texas. I even had to turn the heat back on just for a little while we were getting ready this morning. It's supposed to warm up today though and be another beautiful spring day. My roses (I only have 3, Monet) are about to explode with blooms and the bluebonnets are in full bloom and look beautiful this year.

Agape - Would you come cook for me? I enjoy cooking, not baking, but I hate having to come home from work to cook. I love that the weather is getting warmer and we can get the grill fired up. We grill out a lot.

BOB - Hope you start to feel better soon. This sure seems to be lingering on for you.

Teensy - That banana cake sounds yummy. I'm right there with you on the 50 thing. My friend turned 50 a couple of years ago, and she said that on her 50th birthday, she planned to be in Las Vegas at the Bellagio Hotel and that anyone that cared to be with her on her birthday better get their tickets. Well, needless to say on her birthday, that's exactly where we all were. Had a blast too.

Quilter - I agree with Rosalie on the tilapia. It's awesome. I've never tried cooking it frozen and I'm going to have to try that. I can get it fresh from a couple of places here so that's usually what I do. Also, our favorite restaurant has that as one of their daily fish specials and it is wonderful.

Sabrina - Here's a hug coming your way.

Monet - We have a Fazoli's here and I cannot even walk in that place. Those bread sticks are awesome. At least if you were going to be bad, it was on something good. How many times have we all gone off plan with something that didn't even seem worth it.

Wendy - Run fast girl to the wagon and we'll give you the old heave up. We'd slow it down for you but then we might all fall up. You're just going to have to run faster. You can do it if I can. Lyn and I will have a glass of wine for you.

Lori - That is wonderful about your results. You make us all realize that sometimes our day to day problems are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Jack-K - My nails are OPI Dutch Tulip. It's one of those older colors that I just love. Kind of a pinky red. My guys at home are so funny, they don't like my nails anything but a reddish color. I tried a light pink one time and a brownish color a long time ago and they all had a fit.

Well, I guess I better get to work now. Talk to all of you soon.

Trish
Old 04-10-2003, 10:19 AM   #95  

Default Good morning

Well I am back on track today! No more meatball subs unless I can get them on WW bread! My husband unpacked my lunch bag for me last night and noticed that I didn't eat the lunch I had brought. He was so upset with me. He thought I was doing so well and to find out that I had already cheated and it had only been a week on this WOE. He is right. I just can't seem to stick to anything. I really want to this time. Please help!

I think I really need to start counting my calories along with this program or count my points as I did in Weight Watchers. Otherwise I eat too many legal foods. I am trying this today. I find the points easier to count than calories since I have all the docs to go with it. Deb suggested that I stay around 1700 calories a day. I think Weight Watchers would have me at less than that but it will give me an approximation where I am at the end of the day. I guess I need more structure.

I am going to make a menu for next week and I will attach it to my post on Monday. Any input would be great. I still am reading the book too. I am hoping to get more into it this weekend. I hope it has some menu ideas. If anyone has a menu that they could send me to see some examples that would be great too.
Today I have Chili for lunch with light sour cream. I made it last night. I didn't have any beef broth so unfortunately I had to use a little chicken broth and some beer. It doesn't taste quite perfect but it is still good.

I wish I had a recipe to share with all of you. I love the banana spice cake one! I am definitely going to try that. It can't be low fat with all that butter!!!!! I will try it with WW cake flour. Hodgson's Mill has pastry, pasta, cake and regular WW flour I noticed the other day.
Tonight I am probably going to make WW mac n cheese. I didn't take anything out for dinner. My husband needs to make a "chicken run" as we call it. There is this meat market that is famous for it's beef etc. and he goes there once a month and buys a "bag" of boneless chicken breast. We freeze up about 8 bags of 2 breasts each. That way I don't have to buy it each week at the store. The steaks are great too.....now I am making myself hungry!

The sun is out today and all seems right with the world for a change. I found out this morning that TOM is arriving so that would explain my being up 1 pound from earlier in the week. I usually gain a ton of weight each month. So hopefully next week I will be down again.

Well enough already!

Deb: I hope you are ok this morning. We all hope to hear from you today.

Bob: Hope your back is better today. The massage should help. I have problems with my neck and the PT used to do massage and ultra sound. It really helped.

Lin: That WAS great to see our total loss. It really makes you feel more of a group to see OUR loss.

Kim: I would love the pattern for the afgan you are crocheting. Like I need another project with all my sewing, quilting, scrapbooking and God knows what else but I am always open to a new project. If it wouldn't be to much trouble, you can email it to me.

I know that is only a few of you! Sorry I didn't get to all of you but I am still new at this.

Hope you all have a great day.
Jane
Old 04-10-2003, 10:19 AM   #96  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Thursday Morning!

Morning all!

Another dreary day here--and COLD! We barely made it into the 50s yesterday. I know that sounds like a heatwave for all your Canadian gals, but here in the south--that's the depths of winter for us!!!!! There is a wild rumor circulating that it will be sunny and in the 60s on Saturday!!

I will try to get to everyone today--it seems like my days are spinning out of control. I've got a big banquet coming up Monday night that I'm planning. Then the minister at my church decided I needed to organize a lunch for 50 after church on Sunday (fortunatly since I plan the food for both events--I order stuff I can eat!). Then first thing Tuesday morning I have to leave for the airport in Atlanta so I can make it home in time to get to Mom's cath. Sheesh.

Thanks to all who expressed concern for my DM. Your prayers are appreciated and I will be able to check in from Wilmington to let you know how things went.

Grin--Congratulations on the all clear margins! When my DM finished her radiation treatments we sent a big bouquet of flowers to the radiologists office for them to give her. She was overwhelmed! Here is a big bunch of balloons for you!

Monet-- White flour!!! I do believe I may swoon. You know we have fun giving you a hard time, but somehow I don't think we can beat you up any worse than you do. Just get right back on board and you will be fine.

BOB--that massage is gonna hurt in the short term, but it will loosen things up! I had one when my back went out at Thanksgiving and I thought I was going to die! But it helped tremendously.

Agape--I never though of myself as a cat person until I was adopted by Belle. I've had her for 18 months and am totally smitten. If she had kittens, I'd want to keep them all too (but that won't happen because I took her in for the ole kitty hysterectomy last year). She is full grown but only weighs a little over 5 lbs. She is completely back with big yellow eyes (hence my avitar).

Heart--- WTG!!!!! You are setting an example for all of us to follow!

Gotta go--I'll try to get on later this afternoon to finish catching up.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
300.263.5/150
Old 04-10-2003, 10:50 AM   #97  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Got in my 4.5 mile walk/jog this morning, gorgeous day out there today. Couldn't take the kids to school today, ELI had to, so I was able to go out a few minutes earlier than usual which was nice (and a bit cooler too at that).

Picked up my car yesterday and heard a loud thumping noise when I hit about 25-30miles an hour, guy had already left, like a bat out of **** it seems right after I left. Called him this morning to tell him and he's having a tow truck to come p/u my car-when, I don't know, but I hope it will be soon. I hope to have it back before I need to get MICHAEL otherwise I have to ask my sister to get him. LAUREN doesn't need to be picked up til 6:30 and I BETTER have it back by then. Haven't a clue what's wrong with it - always something! Guess I'm going to be stuck at home for the day. Can't even go and volunteer as I usually do on Thursday.

Went to see my DD yesterday, he was so doped up it was almost funny. He was able to acknowlege that I was there as we were leaving - but totally not all there. My Mom says he has about an 8" scar from belly down - ouch! I haven't called there yet today. Once again, thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers you sent out for him, we all appreciate them. For those of you who are new, or weren't around, my DD found out he had colon cancer, so this is what the surgery was all about, removing the tumor they had found. Unfortunately, I've found it runs in my family, GGF, GF and now Father has it, something I'll have to watch, and make sure kids watch as they get older.

I'm going to attempt to try and get in some replies here. I'm so far behind my butt is dragging and I don't think I'll be able to get to reply to everyone. I know you all understand but I hate when I don't get in the replies like I'd like, but here's a good shot at least

JACKK, I don't like this time change because of it being dark when I get up, easier for me to get up with it being light outside. I hate that it's light later, just call me weird! I found a new brand of soy nuts the other day, and I too have been muching on too many. They are too good! Best ones I've found to date. Same thing happened to me once with the pot pie, doesn't count if you didn't know How's your back? Sounds like you and BOB where doing some weird poses there! CONGRATS on a great loss this week! You'll be down to a new low soon I'm sure!

BOB, hope you are feeling better! How the heck did you manage to do that? What contortionistic pose were you trying to do? You going away AGAIN? Geez, you are lucky! So you are going to meet up with QUILTER & JACKK?

HEART, how that rash? Sorry to hear it's not better. Sounds nasty. I went to watch DATELINE last night, but I guess with all the goings on in IRAQ they did that and will probably do the story you mentioned later. Heck, I hope they didn't edit you out! Great number on the scale! CONGRATULATIONS! That's really great to see you so excited, and you should be! Just look how far you've come!

QUILTER, the tie dye sounds fun! When I had my craft store we'd have tie-dye classes. There are a few different methods to do them in, depends on how you want to do it. Get different thicknesses of rubber bands so you can have different sized rings, that's if you want rings. Good trick about the dressing. I'm glad you are liking the scale and seeing how helpful it is. Do try and guesstimate, it's not only interesting to see how close you can get but again, it helps when you are not at home and to more or less know what a serving is when away. OMG, another pound gone! CONGRATS! OMG, you are so close to the 180's!!! You must be excited, I sure am! Yes, we had the asparagus urine conversation long ago, what's funny though, I just had the same conversation with my DM on Monday when we made asparagus!!!!

TEENSY, you have great self control, maybe you can teach me a thing or two. Honestly, when I'm on track I'm perfect, that crap doesn't bother me, but when I go off track, OMG, watch out, I'm like a bull in a China shop, there's no hope for me. It's either all or nothing with me. Something I need to work on! I've never baked with liquid stevia, but I do have a book from the library all on Stevia AND MELF gave me a book using Stevia when she was here in January, so I'll have to plop my butt on the couch and see if it could work, I just don't know personally as I only use the agave. You could definitely use WW flour though, may just have to use a bit less than white or a little more liquid if using same amount. I've never heard of your brand of scales, is it digital? That recipe sounds delish! I would think you could adjust it to use ww flour-I know the almond flour is VERY fattening!

MONET, glad to know that my challenges of this week and last has you thinking That to me is more important than the act of actually weighing anything. I think that when you do measure, it's truly an eye-opener for many. CONGRATS! What a great loss you had this week! I hope it continues for you, seems you have the right medical cocktail now, or at least I hope.

JANE, why not post a single day of your eating, maybe there's something there we can see that may be causing you not to lose as you think you should. I post my menu's from time-to-time, it helps when others see what others are eating.
Good question about the COOL WHIP. Personally, even with only 1 gram of sugar per serving, I wouldn't eat it because of the corn syrup, (among other garbage in it). Now, the question is, what is a serving size and how many servings would you have? By SB RULES, if it's 3 grams or under, you can have it but personally, I'd opt for real whipped cream with a little sweetener in it. It reminds me of something I read last night in a mag. about creamer and that it said there was 0 grams of trans. fat in it, but that the serving size was a teaspoon, but in actuallity, theres .51 grams in a serving and most people use a few teaspoons of this in a single cup, which adds up. Okay, don't ask me why I just put that, your question just made me think of it Anyhow, you had a loss this week and you should be happy and congragulated as well! You can't go by the scale, you can fluctuate up and down for so many reasons, hormonal, salt intake, stress, full moon (okay, I threw that one in just because), but for many reasons. This WOE does work for many people, just give it a good chance and remember, patience is one of the main keys to your success on this WOE. Use the WW points to keep track of your SB food intake. Just remember, as you lose, the number of calories will go down. You don't want to go too low at the beginning. BTW, have you checked the computer for possible comforter sets?

JEC, then, you have to be strong enough to do this for yourself and not let anyone, not even DH, make you waiver. ELI tries so hard, even after 3 years to get me to indulge sometimes. THEN, the times that I may do so, I go hog wild and then he says something because he knows that I'm not happy and sees how I feel. He says I'm no fun to go out to eat with and to go to a buffet, forget it! What a waste of money! But he loves them (not many here, but Vegas!). Who cares what you go out and walk in, as long as you walk, and don't get chaffed! You'll be lose in 16's soon enough. Hope this move will be easy for you-I can't imagine moving all my crap, but hope to do so one day after LAUREN graduates, which is only 3 years! I'm a native and I HATE MIAMI! Except in winter Boston Mkt's aren't going to be legal pot pies, but there are some recipes on the board for a few. A great thing to make that's quick, easy and freezes well is my crustless spinach quiche!!!

FILLISE, I get those Atkins ads from time-to-time as well. Unfortunately, if it's what we have to p/u with to keep this site going, as annoying as it is, I'll suffer through it for all of our sake. I haven't a clue how much they pay to keep this going but I know it's not peanuts. They need some revenues and I guess Atkins must pay nicely. BUT, I need to reply to an e-mail Suzanne sent, so I will ask her. I'm sorry to hear about the problem your Mom is having. I hope all goes well. We'll be sending good vibes out to her and you. You are such a wonderful daughter to fly out and be with her and I know your being there will ease her worries a bit.

ADRON, wow! It was nice to see your post! CONGRATS on the new baby to arrive soon, how exciting, and a boy! Seems with only a 12 pound gain, you're doing great. We hope to see you more often, stop in when you can!!!

ROSE, glad to hear you are doing better each and every day! I can't wait to hear about your get together with TRISH this weekend!!! You'll have to give us a full report afterwards!

ZANNE, sore uretha? What the heck have you been doing to deserve that? So girlfriend, what's on the agenda for you tomorrow for your birthday???? CONGRATS! What a wonderful loss you had this week - nice bday present to yourself!

SHEANNE, glad to see your DM came through the proceedure. I can see now that we are both waiting for parents to have pathology reports to come through. Hoping for the best for them both.

ROSALIE, will have to check the board with the time for the boiling of the bagels. Did you feel 5 minutes was adequate just in case no time was listed in the original recipe?

AGAPE, ELI went and bought a new-used car for the same reasons, he kept putting money in to the old car and just got fed up. Actually, he should of just gotten a new motor, it really wouldn't of been all that bad to do. I believe I read somewhere that you can get a cookie a bit more crispy is to use some brown rice flour, so you may want to sub some of the ww flour for brf. I got a newer book last week that I think has a oatmeal cookie recipe in there, will see if I can get it posted.

SEF, hope you are feeling better. I too wondered about the legality of FIBER ONE with having corn in it, but with all the fiber it has in it, it's one thing I don't worry about, esp. when I don't eat it all that often.

LIN, hope it's dried up up there for you! I may have missed it, but was wondering more about your race and how you did and felt. That's great you are doing volunteering, I love doing it. Kids are required to do it, and if they can with all the school work, I sure can with no job!

MIATA, glad to hear your survived your 50th bday. When 40 rolled around for me, it wasn't much of an event. At least you gave yourself a great bday present with a loss of 2.5lbs this week! CONGRATS!

LDBLOND, glad to see you had a good loss this week! CONGRATS! Have someone hide that SF ice cream from you, I know how easy it is to eat one, then two. I'm better off not buying it in the first place.

TRISH, got your e-mail, thanks for the info. If they are not selling it retail, how'd you get it? Did I miss something? Great price. It was only a matter of time til someone else got in the market of selling it. Cactus Farms is going to have to lower their price now.

CAR HAS NOW BEEN PICKED UP AND TOWED...

TRANQUIL, good luck with the Dr. appt today-let us know what's going on with that. Hope things settle down for you. You need a rest!!!!!

SERENE, I think the boss should close down the office for the day, give everyone $$$ to go out for lunch and then go home - you guys sound like you need a big break!!!

GRIN, what wonderful news to hear. No more radiation AND good reports! You must be feeling great in more ways than one. CONGRATS!!!!

Well, I've done my best to catch up. If I missed anyone, it's not intentional, and I send you warm hello's.

I haven't taken a shower and I'm starting to ferment and I haven't eaten a thing yet, came in and sat down to type after my walk, so I need to get going here. I doubt I will be able to get on here once MICHAEL gets home from school so it won't be til tomorrow probably. After this weekend, things should be back to normal, or so I hope.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 04-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #98  

GRIN....I'm SO HAPPY for you...that's the most wonderful news!

I'll try to get to everyone else when I get home...I'm having a rough time today....left VM for the massage person to call me back
but she hasn't done that yet....

BOB
Old 04-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #99  

Deb - I found this agave at the big Whole Foods here that is downtown. I haven't seen it yet at the other one that I usually go to. I had to be downtown for work yesterday, so I snuck in just for a minute, shhh don't tell Mr. Watkins. Anyway, that company is only distributing wholesale. They are not going to sell direct retail off their website apparently. I was actually surprised to get a response so quickly as I only sent the message yesterday afternoon.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #100  

Post Thursday

Hello everyone!

Whew, I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday. This week seems to have been so long. I'm with everyone else that has already said that they don't like this time change. It caught up to me last night. I had to go to bed by 9 and was socked out, but still didn't want to get up this morning.

I've started preparing myself for the big move next month. I've got laundry all over the house trying to go through and get rid of stuff that the kids have outgrown, and just get things more orgnaized than they were when we moved up here back in November. All the work I have cut out to do should help me drop an extra pound or two! Oh gee, look at that, I made a rhyme.

Teensy, That's great that your jeans are getting looser too!!! It would be wonderful to see a loss every week, but I'm also happy about staying the same and not seeing a gain. My hubby also loves his sweets, but I'm the one who goes shopping, so if I don't buy them, he don't have any to eat. That is unless he gets something at work, and knowing him, he does. Oh well, at least I know here at home he eats right. I also have a problem loosing in the bust. Mine is the cups though, I can't stand it. I've had that problem ever since I've grown them darn things and would really like to see them shrink. It's really hard to find a shirt that fits right because of that.

Grin, Oh that's such good news. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!

Deb, Don't worry about me staying on track by myself. I don't like the guilty feeling I have after a few bumps I hit. The hubby doen't care what I fix for him to eat here at home, as long as it's something hot and ready in a little bit of him getting in from work. It's probably a good thing that I don't work out of the home because I would have a harder time staying on the wagon, here I can eat the stuff I know I can have and grab a glass of water at any time. I've found that I grab water when I get that "hungry" feeling in between meals too. I'm looking forward to the move, but I would rather it be a couple more weeks after the expected date because of the school. It will put me closer to some towns that actually have things in them. Ok, I won't even think about the Boston Mkt. pot pies. I was just wondering about them after seeing them that day. Thanks for your help on that.

Hello to everyone else.

I've got to get myself busy again on all this laundry and sorting stuff. I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone!

Jenn
Old 04-10-2003, 01:00 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Funny how a # on the scale can effect my mood so much. Today, I am up almost 3 pounds from yesterday!! I'm so mad. I stayed OP and even exercised. I'm a little swollen in the face so I know it's just fluid retention-- but still!! I was thinking of some things I might have ate that had too much salt yesterday- peanut butter, chili, cheese and lunchmeat. So that's probably why. So it's water, water, and more water today.

GRIN- that's such great news! What a load off your shoulders. My friend also just found out that she's in remission for the 1st time in 3 years(and 2 brain surgeries).

Okay, guys- gotta get off this computer and get my WATP tape over with.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:41 PM   #102  

Hello everyone.

Today is really nice out. Sunny and about 57. It could be a little warmer but I'm not complaining.

Monet: Glad to hear that you son's interview went well. Keeping my fingers crossed that the second one goes even better and he gets the job. As for the Lupus, I have an appointment in 6 months for bloodwork, I'll have to ask the doctor about that when I go. My Thyroid problem was caused by Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which I think is an autoimmune disorder as well. I wanted to ask, what is you metabolic booster pill?

Jack-K: Hope you had a great time out last night. Thanks for the support.

Jane: I hope that you are having a good day today and are not so tired. Just read your post and see that you are having a better day. That is great. A little sunshine goes a long way.

Trishaloo: I too have been watching all the news on tv. It is so interesting. I remember when the first Gulf War was going on. My husband (ex now) was there. I watched constantly. All the talk of flowers blooming is really making me have spring fever.

Agape: I noticed that you are from the Detroit area. I am almost straight across the state from you on Lake Michigan at St. Joseph. I think we are the only ones from Michigan on the board.

Bob: I hope that you feel better today. It is so hard to get comfortable and get a good nights sleep. I hope the Soma is helping you.

YellowRose: I hope that you and Trish have a wonderful time together this weekend and that your collarbone is better.

Teensybean: I think that 85 pounds lost is a tremendous accomplishment. I pray that someday I'll be able to say that about myself. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful day.

Quilter: Your afghan sounds beautiful. I am crocheting one right now, but with regular yarn. I was just mentioning to my Mom that I would like to try the chennile because it looks so soft. I was afraid that it would be too hard to handle though. I want to thank you for your kind words and all of your support. Everyone here is so awsome. It feels just like we're old friends. I haven't been very good about keeping a journal. It sounds as if that has helped you a lot. I've been pretty good about my eating today. I really haven't been hungry. I had a pear for breakfast and 1/2 cup of ww noodles with 1 cup of broccoli for lunch.

Tranquil: I hope that you get the answers that you are looking for at the Doctor. I am so sorry that you have been so stressed and sad. We all love you and pray that you will feel better soon.

Rosalie: Today is a beautiful day here too. The snow is almost melted. I'm sorry that the scale was not good to you this week, hang in there, next week will be better.

Serene: I guess you and I will have to jump back on that wagon of Bob's and tie ourselves on so we won't fall off again anytime soon. It has been hard for me lately also. But I'm gonna do my best to get back on there. Stress doesn't help much either. Hope that your work gets less stressful soon.

Grin+Share it: That is wonderful news about your biopsies being clean. How long do you have to stay on the Tamoxifen? You seem like a very strong lady.

Jack-K: One more day and then it'll be the weekend. Hopefully it'll be a beautiful one and we can all get out into the sunshine.

Fillise: It sounds like you have so much to do, but that you have everything under control. Have a safe flight on Tuesday.

Jecrites: I don't envy you your move. I have moved so many times while following my ex-husband around the world, I'm glad to be settled into one spot now.

Heartmom: Sorry to hear about your gain. Sounds like water retention to me too. I have a problem with water retention from sodium too. Especially in the summer when it's so hot. It's really hard for me at least to cut down. I'm not real big on sweet things but salty things I could eat all day.

Well, I'm gonna have to get some things done around the house. Hope everyone is have a great day.

Sheanne
Old 04-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #103  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

posted on our other board by FEET

Going to Trader Joes
Hello !

I am planning on going to Trader Joes after work today. Is anyone out there?????? Tell me pleasew what you buy thats LEGAL? Thanks, Dana
Old 04-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #104  

Deb,

Saw your post after I submitted mine. I'm glad your dd is doing ok. I hope that you will have better luck with your car. You must be exhausted after all the running around and the stress that you have been under worrying about your Dad. Get some rest.

Sheanne
Old 04-10-2003, 02:11 PM   #105  

Quote:
QUESTION ~ Many of you talk about eating Fiber One. I read the label and it has corn in it, so how can it be legal?
I started eating this when I first joined the board, and there was the poll on how much fiber we were getting. Someone said that one serving of this plus one serving of raspberries would give us almost all of the fiber we needed. I never checked the ingredients until you brought this up. HELP!! Does this mean we should quit eating this...... Deb.....anyone.
Closed Thread