Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What stops you from exercising? (choose all that apply)
I find it totally boring 9 29.03%
I have no motivation 15 48.39%
I'm just too busy 10 32.26%
Too tired before/after work 9 29.03%
Health problems 4 12.90%
Fear of looking stupid 0 0%
Lack of knowledge 0 0%
Weather (rain, sleet, wind or snow-hey, I not the Postman!) 2 6.45%
Other (like, nothing to wear and other lame excuses) 3 9.68%
But I DO exercise REGULARLY!!!! 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 07:48 AM   #136  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Sunday Morning!

WOW, the board sure is slow this weekend!

I thought I would of slept like a dead woman last night but it was quite the opposite, unfortunately. I had a hard time falling asleep and once I got to sleep had a hard time staying alseep. My mouth was so dry I felt as if I had a cats tongue-like dry sandpaper. I had to get up and get some water to take to bed with me. THEN, I had the worst gas along with everything else!! ELI made me some soup last night for dinner and I don't know what the heck he put in there, but my gosh, it sure must of contained some definite fart food. Thank goodness he slept like I hoped I was going to, like a dead person, because if he had ANY idea of the fumes he was breathing in as he took in those nice, deep, long breathes I think he would of moved to go sleep on the couch! What he doesn't know won't hurt him though Sweet paybacks!

He's off until 6pm today so whatever we end up doing we'll have to be home by 5pm so he can get ready and go to work, though, if you ask me, I do believe he's suppose to be off today. Definitely going to Broward, don't care how crappy I feel. Actually, it seems to be just my throat and voice, nose isn't stuffy as it was last night. That and being over tired.

It rained a lot here last night, lots and lots of rain and woke up this morning to sprinkles and overcast skies. As much as I'd like to get out there and exercise today I think I have 2 good excuses. I really hope I'm feeling better so I can go tomorrow, when it's cold (okay, cold by Miami standards). Usually all you Northern gals laugh at me when I say it's cold down here when it's in the 40's and 50's and you're freezing your butts in below freezing weather-but hey, for here, it's cold to me!!!

BOB, I will ask your old fart sweetie about using your card # without the card, probably doable. We'll try to give you a call later today at some point so you can speak to him. Yes, DM has a hidden talent of being a great plucker! She's been doing this since I was a teenager but it wasn't til I was an adult til I had her work on my beard. She's really good at it too, though I do kid around with her and tell her I think she cranks up the voltage when she works on me or LESLIE, as payback for things we did as kids!!! LOL!!!

Well gals, I'm outta here. May crawl back in bed and just relax, really nothing else to do at this time but watch the boob tube or read.

Will check in later this evening.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-17-2002, 09:16 AM   #137  

Morning!

Well, confession time...I was terribly naughty last night. I went to Costco with Tom, then we stopped at the grocery store and finished the shopping. I was pretty tired when we got home, but not totally wiped out. It felt pretty good to get out, and I like being able to pick what groceries are bought... otherwise my Scottish husband will pick the cheapest brand..and sometimes that is just not a good idea!

Tonight, I am going to church. Three nights out in a row! Wow, what an active life I am leading! The rest of the time, I spend in the bed, reading or sleeping.

Yesterday, I was much more controlled with eating. For some reason (PMS?) I wanted to eat everything in the house on Friday!

I had a dream last night that I had lost 80 pounds. Too bad it was only a dream!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-17-2002, 03:40 PM   #138  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD SUNDAY AFTERNOON FROM 60 DEGREE FLA!!!!

I'm loving this weather...the wind is up and the temp is great!
I've got all the windows open, Skeeter has had his bath, I've got a big pot of homemade VEGGIE SOUP on the stove for later and lunch this coming week...Still no housework completed, but I'm heading to do laundry and then I'll think about doing the floors at least...and I guess I should clean the bath room!

Spoke to the FEERLESS LEADER this morning then she passed me on to ELI, and then later ELI called me again...WHAT A TREAT...

Didn't sleep again last night...after 3a.m. this time...Like Debbie, I thought I would no sooner fall into bed, but it wasn't meant to be!

No rain yet over here, but I hear it's supposed to get started at some point! We got over two inches of rain yesterday but it was much needed.

Well, I'm off...Will check in later...

MONET....BACK IN BED, AND I DON"T WANT TO TELL YOU AGAIN!!!! DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!!!!

BOB
Old 11-17-2002, 03:55 PM   #139  

BOB: Woo hoo! Na na a boo boo! Come and get me! I would LOVE the company! Actually, I just took an hour and a half nap. My hubby will not let me walk around or anything tonight at church, and will probably drop me off at the door, and pick me up there. I imagine he will make me sit in the back and not stand for the hymns...

Where is everyone? What a dull group we are this weekend!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:14 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

BOB- Congrats! 17 pounds is awesome!!

I'm fixing to post a few pics- the first is Monique and her son Jason(who also has a heart defect) along with Boogie(wearing hat) and myself(ew!) with the red hair. It was taken at the Philly Zoo two days before the surgery. It was really nice to know someone in Philly and she also worked at the hospital and her son also had open heart surgery by Dr.Spray, our surgeon.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #141  

LOL- I have no idea why the pic is so small- let me try to resize it..
Old 11-17-2002, 05:23 PM   #142  

UGH!! Now it's blurry! I posted these on another site and they turned our fine?! I'll see what I can try..
Old 11-17-2002, 05:36 PM   #143  

Let's try this one..
Old 11-17-2002, 05:43 PM   #144  

Wink

Well hello Ladies:

It's been along time. I'm sure there are some old timers out there that will remember me. If not shame on me for being gone for so long.

I haven't had time to read the latest post, as it took me a full day to get back on the computer kept changing my password and telling me I wasn't logged in. But thank God I'm here now.

It's been so long and we've all been off SB. Well not so much off as eatting too much. Being Diabetic our family has to do the Sugar Free Way, but we eat too much. I've gained 30 lb s back in the yr I've been gone. A lot of it's been stress. My Daughter Dayna who is 17 has been going through some really stressful times and that makes me Stress out. I hate the teen yrs.

We have just found out that she is allergic to Wheat, Soy and peanut. Man that doesn't leave a whole lot for her to eat. I have to go to Natures which is a health food store here in Vancouver, A loaf of Spelt Bread cost 4.89. and man one cookie is 1.89. Boy does it add up fast. The Allergest tells me in two wks we can start reinterducing Wheat, then Soy and then peanut and see how she does. Just in time for the holidays. what fun.

Does anyone out there have a homemade recipe for Mayonaise I need to make her some. I've already made some cookies with the Spelt flour. I'm learning.

Well thanks for lessoning. I'm so glad to be back chat at ya tomorrow. Love Glory
Old 11-17-2002, 05:45 PM   #145  

Getting ready to go to the grocery store and thought I'd get in a quickie before I skiddadle out the door...

MONET, better listen to BOB, she can be a real ball buster!!!!

BOB, he's going to put a APB out for those canisters. He was sure that store had them and felt bad when he found out they didn't.

HEART, oye, BOOGIE just seems to get cuter with each picture you post. Try sending me the other one and let me see if I can get it posted for you without the blur.

Found ELI a great T-shirt for Xmas-just see below-I thought it was hysterical!!

See you tomorrow morning!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-17-2002, 05:45 PM   #146  

Hello again, I must have done something wrong cause none of my Smiles showed up. Whats up with that?
Old 11-17-2002, 05:47 PM   #147  

GLORY, we were posting at the same time. Glad to see you back. When I get a chance I will post some sites that may be helpful in dealing with DD's new eating. OR, just e-mail me your e-mail addy and I'll get around to finding some things and e-mail the sites to you

GLAD YOUR BACK!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:49 PM   #148  

My Email Is [email protected], Thanks for the comeback Deb I appreciate it. Love Glory
Old 11-17-2002, 06:21 PM   #149  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation WOOHOOOOOOOOO

WTG #20
2002 WINSTON CUP CHAMPION

I just LOVE Tony Stewart!!!!!

OK... I'm done now hehehehehe
Old 11-17-2002, 06:23 PM   #150  

DEB- I just sent you the pics by email- it is [email protected] right? I don't know why they won't turn out right. When I scan them they look good but when I post them they turn out all wrong..
Closed Thread