Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What stops you from exercising? (choose all that apply)
I find it totally boring 9 29.03%
I have no motivation 15 48.39%
I'm just too busy 10 32.26%
Too tired before/after work 9 29.03%
Health problems 4 12.90%
Fear of looking stupid 0 0%
Lack of knowledge 0 0%
Weather (rain, sleet, wind or snow-hey, I not the Postman!) 2 6.45%
Other (like, nothing to wear and other lame excuses) 3 9.68%
But I DO exercise REGULARLY!!!! 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 01:43 PM   #91  

Default SURVIVOR & CSI!!! yeah!

Hi Everyone:

Well I missed WIW - I am the same - no high/no low - just the same.... But I am not feeling well - fighting off everything around me - Serene is sick with some virus w/cold like symptoms, the office people are out with stomach virus....so I go from exhaustion, to stuffy/sore throat/ear aches, to queasy feeling...but, I have managed to get to bed early every night which seems to help....

Enough of my whining - time to get a move on the post!

Denise - Good luck tonight with your Open House...I too fret over the grades!

Trish - WTG on the 2#'s!!!! YEAH!!!!

Crystal - HEY, HEY - 37 almost 38 is NOT 40! hahahaha You are making me older here!!!! hahahaha - glad that you are maintaining! I found a new chip thing at the HFS called Racquet Chips, Wheat Chips Cheddar Cheese - and thought wow I found something good to munch on - ate them - and thought I read the ingredients closely enough - but NOPE - there is an ingredient - Starch!!! DARN!!!! They were in the low carb section.... So I am right there with you now on eating chips, and I did not even mean to!! hahahaha

Monet - How are you feeling? I am right there with you on the laundry - I was very young when I started washing my own clothes, and I have been teaching DS to do his as well - but he helps me get it put away, and he helps me get it from washer to dryer, etc. - soon, very soon, he will be such a big help!

Deb - WOW that is so wonderful about the kids' report cards!!!! I am hoping for DS to follow in their footsteps. His Birthday is on the 23rd and he is getting a guitar from his dad and I, and the lessons start on Tuesday, 26th!!!! Got it all set up - having a sleepover at his Dad's house that way, I can go home and sleep in peace and quiet!

Cheryl - Well, hopefully you can convert your husband - maybe start convincing him to switch over to that new low carb beer...

Fillise - Enjoy the restful day of an organized desk - I bet with holidays coming up, you won't have time to breathe at work!!!!

Beth - Hope the doctors figure it out and take care of you!!!!

Gracious - Hi! I bet your weather is so very nice and cool right now - are you getting snow or have snow yet? My mother just got back from Montreal and said that they saw snow - how magical!!!

Aleka - Hi!! It was in the low 50s this morning here in Jacksonville, Florida - which is normal for winter - even down to the 40s soon - but the afternoons warm up to the 70s - that is why I love Florida!!! But I am in North Florida - so cooler temps then Bob's and Deb's and even those in Orlando....

Zanne - Thanks for sharing that info - helps me a lot to understand what everyone is talking about - I have not had any chance to find the book to read for myself.

I have to end my post and start back up - need to read back a little further - I want to find Yellow's post about an accident - scary!!! Got to see what it says - back in a minute!

Sabrina
272/241.5/157
Old 11-14-2002, 01:47 PM   #92  

Default Yellow Rose

Oh my gosh I feel for you - I am so sorry to hear of your accident and the injuries, but thankful that you are healing and nobody has injuries that they cannot heal from!!! I hope that it heals quickly!!!! Take care of yourself!!!

Sabrina
Old 11-14-2002, 02:08 PM   #93  
sef

HiedieHo All!
I have been so AWOL!!! Retirememnt? What is that? I have been on the go so much lately there is no time for me!

I think after this weekend I will be back tio normal again. I have to take time to think of me! I have been so bad the last few days. It all started with croissants! I love them and usually buy them for the family when I do monthly shopping at Sam's, but I don't touch them! Well! Forget that this month! I have had about 6 in the last four days! Then just plain overeating on OP things. I have to get back on track. So far so good today.

I tried to go through the Board quickly. I see we have some new ladies....WELCOME!!. See a couple of people not feeling well and hope they are better soon. See some people struggling, including our illustrious leader. ME TOO! We all know what we have to do!

DEBBIE: You mentioned an appointment with GYN, did you have it yet? Is all okay? If you posted results I missed them. It's not right to feel the way you do.

I went to the NH this a.m., have an HFH Board meeting tonight. Tomorrow the YAH is going to the Global Wildlife Center and Saturday I am going to a Craft Show with a friend.

Maybe Sunday after church I will remember me! I need to rest. Will try to keep up with you all!

Shirley
Old 11-14-2002, 02:37 PM   #94  

Default A Rough Week Here

Sorry I have not been able to get back to the board this week. Thought since I was scheduled 3-11 shift all week that it would have meant being able to keep up but after going to bed after 1:30 am on Mon night, I was rudely awakened by a call at 6am to return to work for a 12 hr shift Tues & again Wed.

This morning I woke up around 4:30 am with a horrible headache & nausea. Kept going back & forth to the BR but nothing came up, just dry heaves. The headache prevented me from lying down, so I had to stay in a sitting position & slept short intervals till I finally got up & went to the chiropractor for an adjustment. It did help some & I was able to eat lunch & retain it.

Debelli, I did get to read your post of Tues am about your eating frenzy. Thanks for being so open & honest about it. I agree with other comments that I saw that it is an inspiration to the rest of us because we also face the same problems from time to time & it helps knowing that we're not the only ones that do that. But now enough is enough. You've HAD YOUR FLING NOW GET BACK ON THIS WAGON WITH US. Thought that was being easier on you than you have been on yourself. Really, I do hope that you can get back on track because you have proved to yourself that it is possible & definiety worth it. We have ever confident in you.

LARA HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Well, I need to get ready for work, but wanted to share with all of you that my vacation eating which I reported bringing me way over my allowed weight is now gone. This am I weighed in at 9 less than last Sat when we first got home. My weight commander says to slow down, but I believe some of that was water gain along with the foods of the vacation week. I had been drinking alot of diet sodas which I had all but stopped drinking, so that probably contributed to the gain also. I do feel better about myself now being back within my goal range.

174/134/135
Old 11-14-2002, 03:03 PM   #95  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Sabrina...

Hope you get to feeling better soon...Give Wendy a big hug when you see her and tell her I hope she feels better soon too.

Denise....You and are almost the same age..same height...and same weight..that's cool. And now we have pimples in common.. Can we add good looks too...it sounds good. If your kids brought their grades up you should be very proud...even if they aint all A's and B's...sounds like they are trying really hard.

Melf....hope you feel better soon. Glad you dropped the extra pounds. That alone will make ya feel better.

All the rest of ya'll....howdy to you too!

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140
Old 11-14-2002, 04:16 PM   #96  
"I'm working on it!"

Default LDBLOND

I've been going around today thinking it's Wednesday! Now that I've realized it's Thursay

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope you're having a GREAT day!
Old 11-14-2002, 05:10 PM   #97  

Quickie:

Debbie: I spoke to my Mom and she is running the FULL marathon at Disney (26 miles). She is going to try and make it in around 5 hours. She's currently running 23-24 miles about once a month on Sat to prepare for it.

Mary, Sabrina and Serene-It's going around. Sounds kind of like what I went through last week. Hope you all recover soon.

Crystle: We are surpisingly close in stats. I don't know why I'm breaking out!

Sef: Sorry to hear you had your share of croissants! You will be back in the swing of things before you know it.

Okay, I'm off to Open House. Ugh!!
Old 11-14-2002, 05:48 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Checkin' In- Last week I was up 4 pounds from my alcohol and munchies binge. Yesterday, I still had 1 of those pounds lingering. I'm hoping the scale will say 216 again tomorrow. Boogie had a ped cardiology appt today and everything looks great! Now we don't have to go back to Jackson for a month.

SB start weight: 236/217/165
High weight(1 1/2 years ago)270
Old 11-14-2002, 06:27 PM   #99  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARA!!!!! Have a big ole day and don't eat too much cake!!!

SUSAN....SKEETER is due his shots, but I'm at a stand still about doing his nails for the winter. I usually have them cut to the fur and then it's the end of Spring before they have to be cut again...He's getting so old that I don't know if I should let them knock him out or not! He's really a good boy when he gets his shots...it's the nail clipping that he doesn't like

MONET....GET YOUR ARSE BACK IN THE BED!!!!! We're going to have to get you a little fridge to put by your bed! While you were up, I don't suppose you cleaned the kitchen or anything did you?

DENISE...I sent you an email about the recipes and my work address...did you not get it? Don't you love this weather???

HEART....{{{{{{{{BOOGIE}}}}}}}}}} so glad that he's doing so well!

MELF....I BELIEVE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT!!!! Hope you feel better!!

ALEKA...we take this kind of weather any way we can get it! It only comes a few times a year, so we don't question it anytime it arrives!

HI SABRINA.....TELL WENDY TO GET HER SORRY BUTT ON THE BOARD!!!!

TRISH....GOOD GOING GIRL!!!!

HEY CHERYL!!!!

DEB...GLad to hear you had a good day out! Tell MY SWEETIE that I tried some of the LITENOTE this morning and it was very good!!!

Well gals...it's a BIG TV night...I've got to get everything done so I can pile up in the four poster!

BOB
Old 11-14-2002, 07:03 PM   #100  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone

Thought I'd hop on the computer while no child was occupying it-don't know when one of them will come in and sing "I NEED THE COMPUTER!"

Eating is great today, here's what I've had so far...

2oz raw spinach
2oz iceberg lettuce
1oz blue cheese
3oz chicken breast
1tbl hot sauce
.2oz lf mayo
1oz onion
.8oz celery
1 sl sf SGWW bread
1 c milk
6 1/2oz raspberries
10 1/2oz Asian pear
1 egg
1tbl sf ketchup
.1oz pine nuts
3oz cooked salmon

Totals so far:

955 calories, 36 1/2 grams fat (approx 35%) 84 grams of carbs (approx 35%) and 82 1/2 grams protein (approx 35%) 26 1/2 grams fiber and 560mg of calcium

I want to bring it up to 1200 calories for the day, but not sure what I'll have a bit later on-I know this is boring, but it helps me to post this I think

I am so back on track and have VOWED to myself that no matter what, I am not giving in to ANYTHING until Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Honestly, we don't come from a long line of good cooks and my A&U usually order the turkey and other stuff from places up in W. Palm Beach (rich people don't need to cook if they can buy!) We all bring something to contribute, as I did last year, and what I brought was all SB LEGAL. There's really not anything other than the cookies Lauren makes that I really want to eat, and I get crazy with them. So that's what I'll be reserving for that day. I just hope I can get back on track the next day, that's what worries me moreso than eating the darned cookies!

It is so funny, at least to me. The phone keeps ringing for Michael and kids are asking for Mr. Michael (last name-don't like posting it for lurkers to see). He is doing a casting call for this student film he's going to do for the film making class he's taking. It was announced at school so kids are calling the house to get more info and even though it was announced as a student film, I wonder how many kids are thinking it's an adult doing this. It's just funny to hear them asking for Mr. Michael _______l!!!

TRISH, depending on how you want to work the Jan trip, if you come early, you could fly in to Ft. Lauderdale and out of Orlando the Sunday we leave so you could be home in time for work on Monday-if you have to. I found some fares that seemed decent enough-LMK what you think!

DENISE, hope you come home with some good news about Amber's grades. Crossing my fingers for you, and her! How are you going to deal with it if she hasn't? Hopefully she's doing better with the new grading period. You know she has the brains, so many kids do, but for some reason they don't apply them-and then when they get to be adults, they want to kick themselves for slacking when they did in HS. I think when the kids were little I stressed education AND being at school every day. I got away with murder and I wasn't about to let my kids have any slack, dying or dead, they're going to be at school. Luckily, both my kids actually like school-okay, they're a bit weird WOW, your DM is doing the full marathon, I continue to be in awe, my gosh, she is something else! Is she excited to know you will be there cheering her on???? I think we should all be there to cheer her on as she crosses the finish line if we are able. I'm sure the time it will take me to do the 13.2, she won't be far behind me finishing the full!

TRANQUIL, you've been feeling icky lately, what's this crap all about? Is ZACH excited to be starting guitar lessons? I hope he likes it as much as Michael has. Glad you found out those crackers aren't totally legal. Do see if you can find the BARBARA'S WHEATINES, they are delicious!

SEF, really nothing much to tell about the GYN visit, I was just overdue and thought since the EX was out of a job and having to pay for insurance, I might as well go get these things done and out of the way. Nothing buy cobwebs up that way Just have to wait for a pap smear result, go for a boobie smashing (haven't made an appt yet), other than that, healthy as a horse. Hey, didn't you remember, even God rested on the 7th day!!!! Take it easy!!!!

MELF, sorry to hear you weren't feeling good-I get like that sometimes and it's the worse. When I do, it's definitely hormonal, when I overeat it comes up, but hormonal nothing. Thanks for the lashing, I need that once in a while! I'm back on track, for sure!!!
CONGRATS for being back down below goal and losing all that vacation weight, definitely must of had some water retention there. I think when we go on vacation it really messes up our system, I won't crap for days when I'm not at home and boy, that can really pack on the pounds!!!! Uh oh, I better of not said that, some people may be weary of staying with me in Orlando!! LOL!!!!!!!

HEART, glad to hear BOOGIE continues to do well, that's great news. And your news about losing 3 of those 4 pounds is great too, keep up the good work, you'll be back to losing new pounds soon!

BOB, your sweetie wants to know if you still want those canisters, and if so, how many do you want him to get??? LMK ASAP via e-mail. Glad you liked something new of SB'S!!!

Okay, I'm outta here for the night. I'll check in tomorrow morning at some point.

Have a good one everybody!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #101  

Just had a nice dinner, made by my dear hubby. We had chicken breasts cooked in cream of mushroom soup, baked sweet potato and spinach. You know, food tastes better if someone else fixes it! Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

I ran out of books to read this afternoon, and I am dreading tomorrow. I guess I will have to find something on the shelf to re-read. There is a Barnes and Noble less than a mile from me, and I am SO tempted to run over there tomorrow morning and find something new to read! But I won't. I suppose I could sleep all day... Wah! I am SOOO bored!

BOB: How did you know? I unloaded the dishwasher and loaded it back up with the bits and pieces laying around. That is all I did! Honest! Then I took an hour nap and spent two hours reading in bed. Nothing strenuous...

HEART: Good to hear Boogie's appt. went well!

DENISE: Your mom sounds pretty impressive. I wish I could run 1 mile! I think I am going to set that as a goal, but I am not sure how long a time I should give myself. My daughter is going to be my personal trainer, once I am well enough to work out again, and I am dreading it! She is a slave driver!

SEF: No more croissants! If you want them, you have to make your own with whole wheat flour! Ok?

LDBLOND: Happy Birthday!

TRANQUIL: I am much better. I am sorry to hear you are feeling poorly! I hope I did not give you mono! :O Get lots of rest! And if your throat is sore, and your glands are swollen, ask for a mono test! Oh, and chicken noodle soup! Thats the ticket!

MELF: Hope you are feeling better! You too, get rest! And remember ... chicken noodle soup!

Old 11-15-2002, 07:02 AM   #102  

Angry A good Friday morning,

From what I hear, we are in for some nasty weather this coming weekend. I hope the storm doesn't develop like they say it will.

Later on today I am meeting a GF for lunch and a shopping spree! I have to start my Christmas shopping, and two dept. stores in the mall are having great sales.

Debelli, I'm going to take this WOE one step at a time. I am watching my carb & sugar intake, and counting points. By counting points, I'm watching my calorie intake.

Monet, your chicken sounds delicious. When you said cream of mushroom soup, is that canned mushroom soup? If so, is that something we can have? I hope you're feeling better.

Everyone enjoy your weekend. :balloons

Aleka
Old 11-15-2002, 07:33 AM   #103  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Mornin

Hope everyone is doing well today I have a Dr's Appt at 10:15 because she did all kinds of hormone bloodwork, and wants me to come in and go over them... and she wants to do another blood test for my DHEA levels? I think it is another something having to do with PCOS.

ZANNE - I'd really LOVE to talk more with you about it if you don't mind me EMailing you

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!! The PCOS and the Mass I have are two seperate things... the mass is not near my ovaries, it's close to my urethra, but they ruled out it being attached to that last nite, which leaves a probablilty of a vaginal cyst... not that ya'll wanted to know that

My poor dad... he keeps calling and asking me what's up with me for all these dr's appointments... and you just don't wanna talk to your DAD about a vag. cyst...LMAO~~!!!!! I just keep telling him it's a cyst near my bladder IT's true!! I love him tho... he's really worried about me and just doesn't know how to show it. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, just an annoying knot that hopefully we can get RID of SOON!!!

DEB - DH didn't know who you were at first, and he doesn't like to tell people that I work 3rd shift and sleep during the day!! But I guess when he figured out you were my SB friend... he told ya where I was!! I did a 13 day run of straight 3rd shift with no off day, I slept A LOT!!!

I'm OP with a bowl of oatmeal so far today I plan to STAY that way!! I;ll check in after my Dr Appt and let you all know how round one of the blood tests went

Bye!!
Old 11-15-2002, 07:39 AM   #104  

See the smile? ---> That is Monet smiling about the pound she has lost since Wednesday!

All 12 I lost in the hospital are gone again!

Last edited by Ellen; 11-15-2002 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:13 AM   #105  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning Everyone

Didn't go for my walk today, I don't really have a good excuse for not going, I was feeling tired when I woke up and my legs felt fatigued but that hasn't stopped me so many times in the past but did today. I really should of pushed myself to go but I didn't have that strong desire to push and go so maybe I should be content with listening to my body today and not dwell on it.

At least I was a bit constructive, I started cleaning the kitchen. I'm going to tackle the 4th bedroom today, you have to walk over stuff it's so bad in there. It's too overwhelming to think about but is something I have to get done. I truly wish my house would be immaculate all the time, even 50% of the time but it's just not me, though I wish it were.

I finished last night with having some zucchini, a bit of sauce and topped with an ounce of cheese and that was it for the night. I ended up with a bit under 1200 calories and had approx 34%fat/37%carbs/34%protein and managed to get in 31 grams of fiber-not bad. Only had 1 starchy carb yesterday. Today I've already gotten in 25 grams of fiber between some Fiber One, raspberries and a tsp of carob. Anything above that is icing on the cake, not to mention a great DOOKIE HOUSER helper!

MONET, LOL! Anyone who cooks other than me, you KNOW that food is going to taste better! It's more of a phenomena if I cook something everyone will eat! Glad you get pampered the way you do, besides being sick, I'm sure you deserve it! CONGRATS on losing that other pound-you'll be svelt come Janaury!!!! I may not recognize you!!!

ALEKA, have fun with your GF today!!! There's a FM up in Broward, but not in Dade where I live. I know there's one in NAPLES which is but doubt there's one in Ft. Meyers. BOB should know that area a bit better that she can tell you. Do you have any HFS in your area? Well, if you come to FL and I come up, you can always give me your shopping list of things you want and I'll be happy to do your healthy shopping for you and get you some things you may not be able to get up that way. Ingredients should try to say SGWW flour and yes, the sugar grams should be 3grams or under, per serving. Just remember not to go over that serving size. The more fiber a food has in it as well is worth looking at-I will go for a bread that has more fiber in it any day, well, as long as it tastes good and doesn't have other crap in it!

BETH, glad to see your post and hope all goes well with the Dr. appt today-let us know. 13 days straight, geez, you and ELI should pair up-you both are workaholics, oh, let's add SOLSHINE to the group too!

So much for starting in on the 4th bedroom...Eli just called and forgot to wear his holiday shirt to work which is now required on Fridays through the holidays so I have to jump in the car and drive over there. I think since I'm down by WILD OATS I'll stop in there and then head back home and hopefully get back in the mood to tackle this job!

Will check in later! Have a great weekend!

Debbie
Closed Thread