Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What stops you from exercising? (choose all that apply)
I find it totally boring 9 29.03%
I have no motivation 15 48.39%
I'm just too busy 10 32.26%
Too tired before/after work 9 29.03%
Health problems 4 12.90%
Fear of looking stupid 0 0%
Lack of knowledge 0 0%
Weather (rain, sleet, wind or snow-hey, I not the Postman!) 2 6.45%
Other (like, nothing to wear and other lame excuses) 3 9.68%
But I DO exercise REGULARLY!!!! 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 09:36 AM   #61  
LKF

Hey, Robin-Girl! Congratulations on losing 4 pounds already! That's 4 pounds in two days! Wow! You're off to a wonderful start and don't you already feel so GOOD!?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:43 AM   #62  

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Better day today then yesterday. South Florida had a horrible auto accident on I-95 yesterday. 2 gas tanker trucks collided and exploded and fell on a taxi. The 5 people in the taxi died at the scene when it burst into flames. There were 2 couples(tourists) in the taxi on their way to Fort Laud airport after they just got off a cruise. It was truly a sad day yesterday.
It happened about an hour after I got to work and it makes you wonder..That could of been me! It always makes me appreciate another day of life here in this world. Therefore, today I am grateful to be living...Okay onto lighter news...

Windy, rainy day today, BUT cold front is on it's way! Yea!

Last night, I rollerbladed about 9 miles. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes, so it was a good workout. Nice to get outside and get some fresh, muggy, humid air!

Congrats to Robin, Monet, and Bob on their weightloss this week!
I'll be weighing in on Friday to see if I'm still maintaining.

Debbie: Glad to hear that you do not have the eating and anxiety problems that plague me. Yes, I agree, sugar is as addicting as cocaine. That is the best analogy I've seen pertaining to sugar. I will be thinking of you today at Ole Ole, lucky you!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Enjoy Life, it's too precious to take for granted!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:43 AM   #63  

Been a REALLY BUSY 2 weeks for me (which isn't that I'm doing much just can't seem to have a few hours to rest until it's time to go to bed in between dr. appts, church, and dr. appts), I can't wait for a slow down, I thought it would be today, but DH is off so that means I won't have any down time. Tomorrow I go to work for a farewell party as I get medically seperated from my job next week. Hopefully I can get on with you girls and truly play catch up as I only have breezed through your posts this morning. I'm up back to 167.5 which is 1.5 up from last week. Did a little grocery shopping and at the least I have some good protiens and Eziekiel Bran bread to help get me back on track a little better. I've just been in a hum ho arena, as the budget hasn't allowed grocery shopping in awhile and I eat what we have. I got an email though that I think would be a good one for all of us emotional eaters to reflect on:

Nov 11. Today's thought is:
With abstinence, we feel both joy and sorrow more acutely.

We can dull our feelings by overeating and numb them by undereating. Both are ways in which we anesthetize our emotions. Most of us would probably rather not feel pain, but the price of shutting down our feelings is high, since we miss having delightful feelings as well as unpleasant ones. Many of us were so accustomed to concealing our emotions that we weren't sure what it was we were feeling or if we were feeling anything at all!

Once we are eating normally, we begin to experience more deeply how it feels to be angry or sad or afraid. We develop a greater capacity to feel joy and happiness. We find we can ride out emotional ups and downs and learn from them. It is as though we are waking up to a full range of emotions, which are ours to feel and express.

Today, I will not hide from my emotions — they are part of me.

Deb I hope you are feeling better all around. We will all fall, but we all have the opportunity to get right back up. You've always taught this and thank you most of all for being willing to be 100% honest. This makes you a great person and leader.

Monet, Hope you are feeling better.

Bob, GREAT JOB!

To the rest, I'm thinking of you and will see you all very soon!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:50 AM   #64  

Thanks IDblond for the emotional eating thoughts. It really hits home for me....
Old 11-13-2002, 11:19 AM   #65  

Well the motto for this WIW is "No news is good news". No change today. But then I was baaad yesterday. Hoping to stay OP today, but I'm feelin' pretty shakey. I'm taking my car in for repairs this afternoon after school. They'll have a rental ready for me.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #66  
"I'm working on it!"

Default WIW

Hey Gang

Well WIW has me up from last week's low. Oh well! I'm at 167.5, which is 1.5 more than last week. I knew I'd be up but I'm glad it's not that much

I don't know what's been wrong with me, but I've still been eating those darn chips! I eat well all day long and then just start munching away. I'm paying for it now. Not only is the scale up, the tape measurements are bigger all over AND I have ugly zits on my face 38 years old with pimples. Not pretty. I made those legal chex mix things and haven't touched those. I seem to want the "potato" stuff.

So ya know what? All the chips are gone and I'm not buying any more. DH can learn how to pop popcorn or buy his own chips.

I also had a realization smack me upside the head yesterday. Christmas is only 6 weeks from today!!!!!! Now, we're having a big family Christmas with everyone from my dad's side, so I want to have some inches gone by then! I got out a notebook for a journal and put in all my measurements and weight. I'll record those every week. I just have to stay away from the munchie monster any way I LEGALLY can

So far today has been great! I've eaten OP, I've had a great walk. Tonight I go swimming. Yeah me! I have to keep up with the exercise. I've noticed my knees "clicking" more and my hips are starting to ache (adding some inches ain't helping either!). I know that the more I exercise, the less my joints act up. I'm actually in a good mood and may even get on the elliptical today too!

SUSANNE IS ON A MISSION!!!

A mission to get healthier and shapelier (is that a word?)

WELCOME-- to all the new people on board! Glad to have you! Keep asking your questions and you'll get an answer. This is a great bunch of supportive people.

DEBBELLI--Thanks for your honesty. It helps those like me know that when we slip up, we just have to get right back OP. It shows us that we all have the same kind of struggles. Keep staying OP! I have confidence in you!

BOB, MONET, ROBIN---WOW! Wonderful losses ladies!

GRACIOUS--so sorry to hear about your migraine! I know exactly what you mean about wanting your head cut off. I hope you feel better today.

TO ALL US MAINTAINERS/GAINERS We'll have to do our best so we'll have a loss next week!

Big HELLO to everyone.

I have to run now. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:23 AM   #67  
Goddess

Thumbs down Wednesday morning

Still don't have a scale, so no WIW for me! Not that I want to go anywhere near a scale right now.

Still no governor--doesn't look like this is going to be over anytime soon. I've been obsessing over it, but it is truly something I have no control over, so I need to stop worrying about it.

ldblond--Wow. I've got to think on that a while--I've been grappling with emotional eating for the last several months--got to get off that roller coaster.

Denise--I know what you mean about the accident. I got caught in bad traffic resulting from a fatal accident in Atlanta a couple of years ago. I-85 was at a standstill for more than two hours. Instead of being angry, all I could feel was a profound sense of gratitude that I was still alive. We should try to express that gratitude everyday--and one of the best ways is to take care of the bodies that keep us alive.

robin_girl--Congrats on the 4 lbs!!!!!!

Monet--Back to bed girlfriend! But woo hooo to you on the 4 lbs too!

Cherly--Sugar Blues is great reading--when you finish you will begin to see sugar as an addictive substance--really more dangerous than cocaine because the addition is so much more sidespread.

I wish I had time to respond to everyone else--but I have some work I need to do.

Have a great day everyone!

Susan
Old 11-13-2002, 12:54 PM   #68  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking Guess Who....

QUICKIE!!

WHO'S GOING TO BE IN O-TOWN IN JAN????

BOB - WAY TO GO, GIRLFRIEND!!! What color cheerleading outfits will we don for the Half Marathon?!?

WHO LIVES IN/NEAR DALLAS?? I'll be there next Thursday night and most of the day Friday....would LOVE to meet anyone from here for dinner or brunch.

FILLISE - Tell 'em they've got till January to decide on that Governor so you can make it to O-Town!! What'd y'all do, hire the Broward County, Florida Supervisor of Elections?

Gotta scoot - but I'LL BE BACK!
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 PM   #69  

CHERYLCO- No nagging here!! They are naturally brilliant!

FILLISE- Good to see you. You can have my scale!

ZANNE- You freaked me out! Christmas is only 6 weeks away? You are killing me cause I wanted to be down so I can eat at Christmas..I better get moving!

MUSICTEACH- Don't do it girl. Why do we always shoot ourselves in the foot? I know I am guilty but I don't want to see you do it too! Oh..some wonderful news..we had a young man who has been visiting our church get saved 2 nights ago. We are rejoicing with the angels!

I gotta get back to my sewing. I was just taking a break and I want to get this dress for my daughter put together today.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:15 PM   #70  

Hi all.

Here I am, a little worse for wear but still kicking. On Oct. 19th, I was in a terrible auto accident and was lucky enough to get out of it with only a broken collar bone, broken ribs, muscle bruising in my right leg which is keeping me from walking correctly and a number of other more minor "stuff". My husband who was driving was bruised badly but no broken bones, thank goodness. A dear friend who was with us in the back seat (we did all have on our seat belts.) had worse injuries, like a split diaphram but is going to be all right also. My sweet daughter came out to take care of us and drive us back to Dallas. It is going to take four months for the collar bone to heal, they say ,and in the mean time I guess I will just take it one day at a time. The xray of the collar bone scared me in that it is not in line but the doctor said I didn't even need to wear the figure 8 brace if I didn't want to. I think I will continue to wear it since it makes the area feel more protected. If anyone has information on broken collar bones, I would appreciate receiving it.

I have stayed on the SB program, even in the hospital and I think I am maintaining. I went Monday to get a blood test which was a routine thing for my Zocor medication and I will see how things are going in that area soon.

Hope eveyone is doing well. Lyn
Old 11-13-2002, 02:26 PM   #71  

GRACIOUS: So far, so good. I went to the store during my break and got some nuts to nibble on. Too much fat, but I guess it's better than the sugar. Wonderful news about the young man getting saved. My little James is asking a lot of questions lately, but hasn't really reached a real understanding about salvation. Comes from "cutting their teeth on the church pews". Congrats on the good grades. Comes from their mother's side, huh? My kids get their report cards today. We'll see....

YELLOW ROSE: So sorry to hear you've been in a wreck. Glad your injuries weren't too severe.

WELCOME to all the newbies.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:41 PM   #72  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Oh my Gosh!

YELLOWROSE--How awful for you to be in an accident. "A little worse for wear"? My gosh girl, sounds like you had a heck of a time. Glad to hear you, DH and your friend are coming along. Take care of yourself. Sorry, I don't have any collarbone info, but I have had the deep muscle bruising and can sympathize with that. Good for you for staying OP, especially in such a trying time.

Feel better soon!
Old 11-13-2002, 03:32 PM   #73  

YELLOW: Whoa! So glad you were not hurt more seriously! I don't know much about collar bones..a friend of mine broke hers in a motorcycle accident and had to have a pin put in it cause it would not heal. I am praying for you, and your hubby and friend to recover quickly!

GRACIOUS: I can sympathize about the migraines. I get them a lot...it is very cyclic with me. I get the aura and the whole nine yards. Next time you get one, try this. Sit in a tub of hot water, and put a bag of ice on your head. Sounds corny, but it really does work!

ZANNE: No more chips! I can relate tho..I love em! Try some crunchy veggies instead.

DENISE: Great reminder... I am thankful to be alive, and healthy. (well, relatively so...but I never let illness get me down so this mono is no big deal to me...)

FILLISE: Still no governor, huh? Do you come to Atlanta often? You really need to let me know next time. We can meet for lunch, or something.

I know I am missing some..and I apologize. Time for an afternoon nap! I feel pretty good, but I still get kind of tired in the afternoons.

Old 11-13-2002, 03:52 PM   #74  
"I'm working on it!"

MONET-- You betcha on the veggies. I'm just gonna cut some up now and make some hummus. I'm pretty hungry after swimming (I go tonight). Thanks also for the tip you gave GRACIOUS about the relief for migraines. I'll have to try that!

MUSIC--Keep staying OP! Way to go on buying nuts instead of giving in. We can do this!
Old 11-13-2002, 05:28 PM   #75  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

WONDERFUL DAY OVER HERE ON THE WEST COAST OF FLA!!!!

It's going down to 50 degrees tonight and I'm loving it!!!
Took my Mom to the Ortho Dr today and he said she should come home by Turkey Day. She seemed fine with that, but she still thinks she should stay until she is 100% on her own..Her hip is healing very well and he was pleased with the results. He wants her to start putting more pressure on the leg and get to walking!

LYN...OH>>MY>>>GAWD!!!! Bless your heart. So glad to hear that y'all are doing ok. Good thoughts coming your way...When did you get back to Texas?

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO LOST, and BIG OLE HUG TO THOSE WHO
DIDN"T

POOR ELI...I see that DEB has drug him back up to BROWARD...that girl will do anything for a COBB SALAD!!!

I'm off to feed my FUR BABY ...he thinks he's starving to death!!!
SOL....is that your baby????

I'll check back in later...

BOB
Closed Thread