Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite type of nut to eat?
Peanuts (not really a nut, but thought as one) 4 10.81%
Pecans 4 10.81%
Walnuts 5 13.51%
Pistachios 2 5.41%
Hazelnuts/Filberts 0 0%
Almonds 6 16.22%
Macadamia 1 2.70%
Brazil Nuts 0 0%
Pine Nuts 1 2.70%
Cashews 14 37.84%
Other 0 0%
I don\\\\\\\'t eat any nuts 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 01:54 PM   #16  

Default Midday Monday

Hello all. We are having a really sad Monday. It's probably made the national news by now. A bus full of teens headed to a youth camp crashed into a bridge pillar. It's tragic that 4 youths have been killed as well as the driver. They were only about 30 miles out from their church. Our youth left for Colorado last night and I can't imagine anything like this happening to them. I've just been praying all morning for those kids and their families. Please remember them today.

My DD seems to be recuperating just fine. She's gone to San Antonio to a choir camp. We took her bandages off on Friday and she began hobbling around. She took her crutches and Vicodin just in case. She'll be home late Wednesday but I'll be gone by that time, so I won't see her again until the 5th.

We drove down to pick up youngest DD from gymnastic camp yesterday. Left at 6:45 a.m. and returned about 4:30 p.m. She had a good week and improved on many of her skills.

DS sent an email from his ship yesterday. They will head into Pearl Harbor about 1 p.m. today and we expect to hear from him a few hours afterwards. He's had a good time and I'm anxious to hear what kinds of things he did on this ship. I'll meet up with him in Alabama Thursday evening.

Had a pleasant surprise with the scales this morning. I dreaded getting on them because I couldn't stop eating last night. All OP, but so much! I was down the two pounds that I was up yesterday. At least the bouncing around is lower. The next two weeks will be a big challenge and test. I've loaded up with nuts and legal trail mix, water and fruits for my road trip. I figure I'll stop wherever I can get a salad, and I'll be okay.

Deb: I found out where TJ's is in Annapolis and I know where it is! Right beside the mall. Now if you'll be so kind as to send me this list again. I'll write it down this time and look for them. I'll not try to bring perishables because I'll be flying back on the 5th and don't want to worry about keeping anything fresh or chilled.

Contry: Your DD is beautiful. Just like her mom!

Trish: Would love to raft anywhere, anytime to get some relief from this heat! Yesterday my DH commented about how nice it'd be to be floating down the Comal instead of cruising up I45! Hope DS loves his time in VA. Mine is loving his time with a ship full of Marines!

Jenn: I hope you feel better today. I know we want to see results quickly because society tells us if we aren't skinny, then we aren't worthy. Just remember that you want to be a healthy woman. This weight didn't add up overnight and it won't disappear overnight. Like Rosalie, I periodically input my food on Fitday.com to analyze my eating habits. Are you doing that? Use Deb's formula for calculating the amount of calories you need to lose weight. DON'T QUIT!!!! You are doing great.

I've run out of time for responding. Will try to get on later tonight. Gotta do some shopping with DD today to get ready for my road trip.

Take care y'all.

Jeanie
196/162/130
Old 06-24-2002, 03:34 PM   #17  

Hi all,

Just a quick post after a very busy weekend. The 25th anniversary ceremony was beautiful. My brother and his wife were so excited that my husbad was able to perform the ceremony. They said it meant so much to them. I am so proud of them for celebrating 25 years and they are still in their forties.(43) and (45)

I managed to stay legal all weekend, we even had a big barbeque after church. (Thank God). This is my last day off then back to work I go on tommorrow.

I'm hope to get back online a litte later. I have to take my two boys to the dentist.

Where can I find the recipe for this quiche everyone is talking about? Have a great day all.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:57 PM   #18  

Hi all!

Wow, last week I just whined a lot, then disappeared! Thanks for all the sympathy. I'm off the heavy drugs and just taking Tylenol or Excedrin when the throbbing gets bad. Last Friday, the dentist said that if the clove packing doesn't come out on it's own, then I have to go back in one more time! I was hoping I was done! He thinks it will be healed up by Wednesday. Today makes 17 days of teeth issues. I had no idea, it would take so long! At least I'll never have to worry about wisdom teeth again - all 3 were taken out.

I wasn't 100% OP during this time. I was trying to stay OP, but I was also trying to eat soft, and easily chewable food, that makes it a little more difficult. On Friday, I tried to eat a sandwich. Well, that sandwich ended up being cut into little pieces... my jaw just won't open that wide without pain, so I guess there's still some swelling. Anyway, the scale has been fluctuating a lot. I did see 126#, but today it's 129#.

I did check on the moon phase - nope, the moon was just a crescent when I had the wisdom teeth taken out. Neat info though!

Well, back to work....
Old 06-24-2002, 05:49 PM   #19  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Thought I'd get in a post before I start to make dinner for Lauren and I. Eli's due home after 7pm and I don't feel like eating that late. Michael was invited for dinner at a friends house, so it's just Lauren and I tonight.

Didn't do a whole heck of a lot today, but you'd all be proud to know that my sink is clean, dishes are put away, I made my bed, kids bathroom is still clean and I actually did a 27 fling boogie! Okay, it's a start, give me some sort of recognition! Alas, I'm still fly larva! Things could be worse!

Okay, I have to ask to the two of you who voted OTHER in the nut poll-what nuts did I forget?

I'd like Suzanne to make us a board of stuff that has nothing to do with this WOE or dieting in general, just a board to post other "stuff". I thought about something catchy like OFF THE EATEN PATH, but didn't know if anyone would understand that-any other ideas? Does anyone even like this idea?? I want to get these new boards up and running for this Monday if it's possible, esp. since it's the beginning of the month and the second part of the year as well. I NEED IDEAS EVERYONE!!!!

TONI, actually, a peanut is a legume, like a bean, and is related to peas. It's actually considered more of a protein. Good luck with the butt testing this Thursday, I think it is wise to stay clear of beans for the next few days, don't you CONGRATS on fitting into the new pants, only to find they are too big-ain't that the absolute best! Time to go shopping for some new pants!!

JRED, I did hear about that terrible tragedy on the news here. I wonder if the driver fell asleep the way they said he swerved. I worry many times when the kids have a field trip to a place up, say in Orlando, when they have to leave at 4-5am, just how rested are those drivers. I always tell my kids to sit in the middle of the bus in an aisle seat, just in case-over protective Mother I guess. CONGRATS on being down on the scale, I'm sure that was a nice surprise to see! Will try to get a list of items that I buy at TJ's that aren't perishable, but once again, go down each and every aisle and look at EVERYTHING cause I'm sure there's many more things that you could buy that I won't list or haven't seen as they are always getting new items in. My list really isn't all the long-remind me if I don't get it to you in a timely manner. Just do me a favor a pay homage to the store for me? Better yet, print my photo out and paste it to the front of the cart when you get there so I too can go shopping with you

MERCY, good to hear the anniversary party was a success. These days you just don't hear about long marriages, sad to say. My Grandparents, God willing, will be celebrating their 67th anniversary on New Years Eve. The CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE is on the 2000 RECIPE BOARD: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=12700 but just in case you can't find it, here it is:

CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE

3oz 1/3 LESS FAT PHILLY CHREAM CHEESE,softened
1C Milk ( I use skim)
2 large eggs
1 carton Egg Beaters (to equal 2 eggs)
2C 50% less fat shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabots)
1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and very well drained (squeeze, squeeze, squeeze! - if too much moisture is in it, quiche will be wet)
1C frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & well drained (squeeze too)
1/2 small onion, chopped
5 fresh mushrooms, sliced thin (approx. 1/2c)
1/4tsp pepper
1/2tsp salt

In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Add milk eggs and egg sub., salt and pepper. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaingin ingredients. Transfer to a 10in quich pan coated with nonstick cooking spray (I used a pie dish). Bake 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out pretty clean. Serves 8.

TREE, glad to hear you are doing better and off the drugs. I'm sure the few pounds you gained are very temporary. I hope nothing else has to be done to your choppers!

Okay, I'm outta here for now, time to make something that I can call dinner for Lauren. Pork chops, for her Shake n Bake, for me, probably just grill it with some spices.

Will try to check in later if I'm able.

Toodles

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-24-2002, 06:19 PM   #20  

Default Monday Evening

Hello All!

Well, today went really fast. Surprising for a Monday. We had a great meeting today with two women who will help us with our big fundraising event in October. That was great. We all feel so happy that these two wonderful people (who know a ton about silent auctions) want to help us.

My eating has been good, but I think I’ve been splurging on too many starchy carbs. Yesterday I know I went overboard on them. And will try and keep a handle on it this week.

Something in my refrigerator is stinking and I can’t find it. I just cleaned it out at the end of the week last week. This is a mystery. And it’s reeking so bad, I’m not sure I WANT to find it. Eeeek, somebody pass me a clothes pin.

DEB---Thanks for the great motivations. They were all wonderful and very much needed. I like the whole concept of “I WILL”. Makes me feel powerful!!! Glad to hear that you are feeling better this morning. Thanks for sharing about BUSDEB. Hope she gets along okay and has a good lawyer. Let her know we send good thoughts her way. BTW, you made me LOL thinking about yoru mamogram manufactured boobs. Silliness!!! I’m sure (and hope) you are exaggerating!!! Thanks for posting the quiche recipe. I searched out the cheesecake recipe this weekend and the quiche was the next to find. Very timely on your part!

KIMMY---Sorry to hear that you are having puter problems. That really stinks. Hang in there. Thanks for the heads up about the agave at JJ’s. I must go out there, but will need to plan a time since it’s a wee bit far for me. Do they have more than one brand? What have you been buying?

NANCE---Way to go on taking the first move to clear things up between you and your friend. Those situations are so awkward. I hate that kind of thing. I always second guess myself and try to reevaluate my viewpoint. And that doesnt’ do my self esteem any good. You are really brave to make the first move. Nice work!!! You sound super busy. Are you taking any “Nance Time” for yourself????

JENN---Oh hon, you know that you are not alone in those feelings of despair. Every single one of us on the board has at many times felt the same exact way. It’s so hard to get through those low periods. But you must know that you are doing the right thing by trying to lose extra weight and getting healthy. That’s the best thing you can do. Keep going. We are all here with you. BOB will slow the wagon down if you feel like you are going to fall off. It can be scary. Just stick with the program and stick with doing something GREAT for yourself. YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!! We are ALL sending you tons of virtual hugs!!!

TRISH---Way to go!!! You are kicking butt and taking names. Thirty-five pounds is WAY COOL AWESOME!!!!! Keep it up.

JACK-K---Great point to bring up about the hot flashes. Thanks for sharing.

COUNTRY---What kind of shooting are you talking about? I’m confused. Is it archery? Just wondering. The pic of you and DD is adorable. You, two really resemble each other.

TONI---Hang in there with your upcoming exam. Haven’t had one, but dread the day. I did have to have something done to my kidneys once and for some weird reason, I had to empty out the other part too. So I did the “pre-game” flushing and it was no fun. But once that part was over, everything else was a breeze. BE SURE TO WEIGH YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE THOROUGHLY CLEANED OUT. That’s probably a good thing to focus on is what the scale says at that point. Congrats on the smaller jeans. Awesome!!!

JRED---Have fun on your trip!!! What’s this legal trailmix you are talking about? I’d like to try that. Did you make it? Congrats on being down two pounds this a.m. Makes getting out of bed so much more fun, huh?

Okay, I have to ask:
What is all this clean sink business??? I must have missed something in my absence. Is this a new aspect of SB??? Come on friends, clue me in. Am I supposed to be washing all my sinks every day? If so, does that mean the stationary tub in the basement too? Just wondering . . .

I’m getting really geared up for Wednesday’s weigh in. Can’t wait to see if there was a different this week. Haven’t jumped on the scale since last wed. So this will be my first comparison. I wish you all luck too!

Take care.
Kim
Old 06-24-2002, 07:23 PM   #21  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone!

Just a quickie to say hello! My nieces and I went to my classroom today to begin the transformation of a cute primary grade classroom to an LSU shrine! It will be so awesome! I'll be sure to take pictures when it's all done. I sure got my workout today - I was up and down the ladder all day long. I'm sure my butt will be nice and sore in the morning - actually - I can already feel the pain in my entire body! I'm too pooped to post to everyone today but HELLO to everyone!

Hopefully I'll have more time to post tomorrow

Missy
284/242.5/170
Old 06-24-2002, 07:24 PM   #22  

Thought I'd check in and try to respond because tomorrow will be a busy one packing for my trip.

Kim: The trail mix is packaged and is by a company called Good Sense. It doesn't have the candy in it that other products come with. It has lots of different nuts, sunflower seeds, and raisins. There's no added sugar, and it's a great thing to munch on while driving. I've got that, some mixed nuts by the same company, my bottled water and some strawberries and apples ready to pack up. I'll be driving alone for about 10 hours so I'll need lots of things to keep me awake. About my freckles: I did blister when I was younger. In the 70s nobody thought about UV rays and damage to our skin. We used to use iodine and baby oil to baste ourselves! And laid on the roof to get the most out of our sunbathing.

Missy: Don't wait to have those moles examined. They may not need to be removed but you need to have them checked out. The doctor noticed a skin tag on my neck that I hadn't even mentioned and said it wasn't a problem. He told me to come back for a yearly checkup since this mole was displastic.

Kimmy: Hope you can get your 'puter fixed. Have you loaded new software lately? Have you run the defrag? Scan disk is a good thing to do as well. Sometimes we get so many temporary internet files that our systems slow way down. You might check and see about that. Email me if you need some help cleaning up your files.

Toni: Good luck with your test. Glad it's you and not me!

Nance: Hope you're doing okay this week. No more conflicts at work. That can be such a pain.

Jenn: You feelin' better, Hun? I hope so. Keep some of Deb's MMs up on your frig and tell yourself you are going to be successful. Keep saying "I WILL"

BOB: Are you still headed to good health? Take ALL you meds, remember!

It's time to go fix supper. I'll try to get on here before I leave, but if you don't hear from me in the morning, I hope you all have a great Independence Day celebration.

Jeanie
Old 06-24-2002, 07:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Default Still here...

Joseph's heart cath was cancelled and rescheduled for July 26th. It was cancelled because he developed a yeast infection from the antibiotics he was taking. Our local paper ran a small article on us/him, mainly it was to ask for donations for travel expenses to Penn for his surgeries. I haven't heard anything yet. I have got the #'s for organizations that will fly u for free. Only prob is a waiting list. I don't have a date for the surgery yet. I just hope everything works out okay. Other than that, it's just wait and see. Things have been the same. And unfortuantely, so has my eating. I am still up a couple of pounds.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:24 PM   #24  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

GOOD THOUGHTS FOR BOOGIE....even though we have to wait another month...I'll keep him close in my prayers

JACKIE...the SQUASH CASSEROLE is posted...enjoy...I make one about every week...I just love veggies this time of the year. It's the only time we actually get any good ones...they come for honest to goodness farm country the rest of the time, they come from OUTER MONGOLIA
I'm taking an empty suitcase when I go to South Carolina and it will be CRAMMED with all the good things...ESPECIALLY Granger County TENNESSEE TOMATOES!!!

I'm almost cured!!! My eye doesn't hurt (I still have one more day of eye gook to use) my bullit hole is drying up..LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

COUNTRY...your daughter is a cutie...you should be proud!

DEB...hope you got everything I forwarded to you..there are some good things out there...
Did I tell you XL (or 40's) in the MJ???

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO BUSDEB}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

EVERYONE...have a good evening

BOB
Old 06-24-2002, 08:35 PM   #25  
Little Engine That Could

Hey--that's great--"Off the eaten path"!! Really great. I like it. Hope it makes it in, Debbie. Go for it.

CASHEWS! That's my "other" nut. Definitely my favorite.

Toni--Peanuts are legumes. Down here in them southern parts we eat 'em boiled! Yep, boiled. They remind me somewhat of lima beans then. Sometimes they are fixed cajun style, which is boiled with a lot of red pepper flakes in the water. Just a tiny kick to them then. I guess I like boiled peanuts just as well as cashews.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #26  

Psssssssssst MISSY.....I know you've been on the down swing but did you not have the TV on at all? OR were you prostrate with fever???

SW AIRLINES will now be putting you into one of their seats and if you can't buckle the belt, or if you spill over into the next seat....YOU'LL be PAYING for TWO!!!
Now the ticket salespeople have said that they have been trained, but not told to start yet...their seat measure about 18 inches across...

Anyone ever see MEET JOE BLACK??? I'm watching it now..strange!!!

BOB
Old 06-24-2002, 08:45 PM   #27  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Last post for the evening...

How in the world did I forget CASHEWS!! Geez, you should of all slapped me one for that! I changed the OTHER into Cashews, hope you don't mind and hope those 4 votes were for cashews, if not, oh well.

QUILTER, unfortunately, I'm not joking when it comes to the boobs! Nope, they look like flattened pancakes-very sad, very sad. I lie down and they fall to the sides, a few more years and they too will be laying on the bed Can't do anything more than wear the bra as I don't think a boob job is something I want to do-I think there's no hope for me in this area. Just LMK when you want the cheesecake recipe, but for now, I'd steer clear of it. Be careful for those starchy carbs, they can easily bite you in the arse! As for the sink, those who've been flying with flylady can explain it better than I, but from what she says, you need to keep your sink shining every day. Visit her site at flylady.net (not .com).

FRUIT, try not to overdue things too much, esp. the talking! Go get some rest!!!

JRED, going to e-mail you in a few. Have a good, safe and fun trip!

HEART, you know we are all hoping for the best for BOOGIE and we're hear for you. As long as you are taking care of yourself, don't worry about the scale at this time, I'm sure after things settle down you'll be able to give yourself some time to focus on you, but for now, Boogie is moreso important than this WOE.

BOB, you said XL, I believe-so which one is it?

GATOR, thanks, glad to hear you like the idea of the other board. Thanks for the heads up on the cashews!

NITE!

Debbie
you kow all the rest
Old 06-24-2002, 08:48 PM   #28  

Evenin' y'all. Got off to a good start today. Got in my walk this a.m. and stayed OP all day. I was up a couple of pounds this morning, but not surprised since I wasn't too good this weekend. I did good at supper tonight tho. The rest of the family had hamburgers while I had mine without the bun. It was still good. Sarah DOES have the pox.:frown: She feels fine, but has pouted all day because she can't get out and do anything.

BOB: Glad you're feeling better.

HEARTMOM: Sorry to hear things have been delayed. Yeast infections are no fun. Sarah gets one every time she's on antibiotics. We've learned to start heavy with the yogurt any time she's on meds.

JEANIE: Have a great trip. Has it cooled off over there this evening? It's really nice here. Expecting some rain.

FRUIT: Painting your classroom????? Are you possessed, or what? I don't want to step foot in my room till August. I know, not too dedicated, huh? Just a little burned out, I think.

COUNTRY: Thanks for sharing the picture. Your daughter is beautiful.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:56 PM   #29  

Default One more thing . . .

I wanted to report to you all my new way of controlling my water intake (aka getting enough in each day). I went to DOLLAR GENERAL (I love that store and bought the big 50 oz bottles of water. Can you believe they are 2 for $1? Anyways, I take that full bottle to work with me and try to have it finished by the time I eat my lunch. Then I fill it halfway up from the fountain at work (I really hate fountains, but I just don't have enough arms to carry two bottles with me right now) and finish that in the afternoon. When I get home I fill it up halfway again and I've got 100 oz done for the day. It sounds like a lot, but I was at a health conference and the speaker encouraged us to drink .5 oz for every pound you weigh.

Okay, that's it. Nitey night!
Kim
Old 06-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #30  

DEB...he needs a 40 waist....whether it's xl or xxl

QUILTER....ok...maybe I'm just a big ole D A girl...but if you bought TWO 50oz bottles...why are you filling and refilling the ONE bottle?

MUSIC....thanks...It feels great to be feeling better!!

BOB
Closed Thread