Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite seafood?
Fish 8 22.22%
Lobster 8 22.22%
Clams 0 0%
Shrimp 14 38.89%
Muscles 0 0%
Conch 0 0%
Octopus 0 0%
Squid 1 2.78%
Other 1 2.78%
I don\'t eat any seafood 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 08:56 PM   #91  

Default Thursday night

Hello all!!! Well, I’m late getting this post on again today. I can read your posts at work, but there’s something wrong with our dial up and so I just work on my post in a regular document. It’s funny because I’ll read something that I want to respond to right away. Then I realize I have to wait until I get home and I’m all disappointed.

Hey I have an idea for a general question that I’d like to hear answers from all of you. Here’s what I’ve been thinking about. I love being 100% on program. It’s been so long for me and it does feel good. But I am worried about when the temptations start getting harder to handle. (There will be days when chocolate refuses to be ignored!) So here’s my question: How do we keep up the excitement and enthusiasm of a perfect day or a perfect effort? How do we remain in that atmosphere of not even considering going off plan? I’m worried that in a couple of weeks, I’ll “let” myself have a nibble of this or a bite of that and then there goes everything. I guess I want your ideas on how we can keep our hineys on BOB’s wagon. Looking forward to your thoughts.

My parents arrive tomorrow around lunch. It will be good to visit with them. We saw them a couple of weeks ago at my niece's graduation, but didn't get in a good visit. We do much better with that when they are here with us. They will be here all weekend, but that shouldn't interfere with me getting on the board. They will be 80 this year, so we don't do a lot. My mom has a really bad knee so she doesn't like to go too far from home base.

TONI---I’ll attest for that Graeter’s ice cream that BKM spoke of. It’s really, truly the BEST ever. But I try not to go near those places. The bad thing is they are everywhere here in town. Yikes!!!

NANCE---I love drooling over decorating and gardening books. I have a bunch of them out right now because I’ve been planting annuals and I now am in the mood to paint. I think DH and I will start next weekend on our kitchen. That room really needs a major overhaul, but we can’t afford all that. So hopefully, some new paint on the walls and maybe a new floor and new light fixtures would do the trick. Uh-oh. Am I biting off more than I can chew?

JENN---I don’t know who was talking about thyroid stuff, but I had most 2/3 of my thyroid removed last year and I know how it feels when it’s not working right. After my surgery I gained a LOT of weight. And I was exhausted all the time. My doctor said my counts were not off the chart and she had definitely seen more imbalanced results. So she just put me on 50 mg of Levoxyl every morning. It has made a huge difference. But it does take a good 6 months for the medication to totally take effect. The kind of blood test I have to get is the TSH. I don’t know anything about the T4. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help! Good luck!!!

JRED---I’m with you. I want to stand up on the table top and tell everybody how great it is to eat this way. I’m just too chicken to do it.

KIMMYTK---We probably won’t go to a festival this weekend. My parents are coming in for the weekend and I have a plumbing job for Dad and DH. That will probably take most of the time. I had to laugh when you mentioned dhow crazy we are about festivals. I live in a three-parish neighborhood, so you can imagine how busy it gets around here! I was teasing about needing to lose weight before we met. Maybe we could meet in July. Perhaps we could go to JJ and do some shopping and visit while we browse. Does that sound like a good idea? Do you know if they sell agave out there? I need to get some. My weekends are pretty full. But like I said, I take Fridays off. You can even bring some of your kids. That wouldn’t bother me. I’m not a non-Mom who dislikes kids. LOL Just ask BKM . . . her daughter and I hit it off the second we met. But I think that’s because she’s such a wonderful outgoing person. BTW, we’re in the phone book.

COUNTRYM4H---You were hauling butt, girl!!! Way to go!!! I’m really impressed. I wish I could jog for longer than 100 steps. You did great!!!

MUSIC---Congrats on the 1.5 pounds. Awesome!!! What a nice way to start the day, right? Tell us more about that article. Did you mean that dairy helps or hinders?

BOB---So relieved to hear that at least you think you might be feeling better. Are you all napped out or do you feel like sleeping all the time? That’s mostly what I do when I’m sick . . . CRASH!!! You be careful driving your car with all those drugs in your head. Wouldn’t want you nodding off at the wheel.

MELF---Your pictures are GREAT!!!! I didn’t know that you met SEF. I love SEF and I’m so happy to have a face to put with that wonderful personality of hers. Although I have to admit, I was picturing her in my head in much the same way. And I must say that you are looking marvelous still. How’s the maintaining your weight going? How does it feel to be where you wanted to be for all that time? Did I see you tucking your shirts in in some of those pictures???? Good for you!!! That’s one thing I look forward to being able to do some day.

That’s it for me. I want you all to know that I absolutely love reading your posts. You all really lift my spirits and keep me focused. Thank you for that!!! Good night!

Kim
Old 06-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #92  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Quickie...

Just got home, was out ALL day and some of the evening with Mom, I'm pooped! Geez, shopping and driving sure can take the oomph out of a gal. Will post in the morning!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Deb
Old 06-20-2002, 09:56 PM   #93  

Just checking in with an answer for QUILTER:

I just skimmed the article quickly, but it seems that dairy products help you lose fat! Can't remember all the scientific mumbo jumbo, but you need four servings a day.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:33 PM   #94  
Bustin' Buddy

Good Thursday Evening my Friends!!

Well, I'm happy to report that things are really looking up. I'm still nosebleed free and feeling better each day. I really want to thank all of you for listening to my whining! You know - I couldn't talk so I had to whine in some way - it just happened to be on the computer!! Thanks for all the prayers, well wishes and threats to come to my house and shove tampons in my nose (BOB)! I really appreciate everything - y'all are so wonderful!

COUNTRY: Try not to be too discouraged about the plateau you are on. Did you ever sit back and evaluate how you may have been eating when you were losing your best? Have you added a few carbs or whatever cause you are feeling better about yourself - so - in a way you kind of slack off? Just wondering - that's what I always do - the minute I start to feel better - I tend to cheat more - mind you - even though I'm still FAT! HAHA! Just a thought! By the way, I think a 10 minute mile is fabulous!!!

NANCE: Way to go - taking off those extra pounds you had put on - I'm very proud of you! I need to get my tush in gear now - I'm gonna try to catch up with you! I don't have any advice as far as the friend thing goes. I think she should be the one to apologize for TELLING you to do something. The last time I confronted a friend about a problem that I had with her and how she was treating me - she hung up on me and we never spoke again - that was over 3 years ago! I figured that if she can't handle being told in a decent way that she was hurting me terribly and she's gonna handle the situation in such a childish manner then she didn't deserve to be my friend! So, I never called her back! SO, you see, I'm not good in that type of situation!

DEB: I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. It really worries me when you are ill like that. You are always such a bubbly person - so full of energy! I hope you continue to feel good my friend!!

SEF: You have got to be one of the busiest people I know! You and my dad are just alike! Can't sit back and relax - always working on a project! You go girl! That keeps you young!! I love your dolphin picture that MELF has posted - you are so talented. How bout we get together in mid - July - let's think of a date!

SERENE: Good for you on the scale purchase - I just hope you don't get obsessed like me. I'm on that thing 4 times a day - what for - I have no clue! But, it seems like every time I'm near it - I've got to strip down and hop on! HAHA!

QUIV: Way to go on the loss! You keep up the good work - you'll reach that goal in no time!

MERCY: I do eat peanuts a lot. I buy the mixed nuts or dry roasted kind. Whenever I get the urge in the afternoon for a snack I just grab a handful and a huge glass of water and it usually fixes me up!

BKM: I'm very happy to see you!! I'm glad your trip was wonderful - I know the feeling that you are experiencing right now - you need a vacation from your vacation!! I love going on vacation but some are just so BUSY that you need to rest a few days when you get home!

GRACIOUS: Looks like me and you are in the same boat - and it's sinking! We can get back on plan - WE CAN - WE CAN DO IT! Say that with me now! Next week - we will have successful weigh ins- how does that sound?!?

YELLOW: Glad to see you are moving in your downward motion on the scale again. How does it feel? I have been moving up!!! Good luck with the rest of the renovations!

GUMBO: I've got a visual of you savoring every bite of the pizza! HAHA! I can see you licking your fingers too! Way to go on the 10 pounds - that is awesome - you keep up the great work!

BOB: You get all the rest that you can get and you will be better in no time!! I'm sending you big hugs and kisses!!

FROG: Let me tell you….talk about I felt like a fruit cake on my first visit to speech. I'm going to the college here in town and I'm working with a girl who will be graduating this next semester in SLP. She is just precious - and I really like her. I'm her first voice patient. We were doing the yawning technique thing where you open your mouth real wide and phonate, etc. Well, I am just a nut bag you know and I just had the hardest time relaxing and I had the giggles so bad cause it looks so stupid! Well, I'm gonna do it and I've been practicing but I feel ridiculous! One thing that is good about going to the college is that it is free- so at least I'm not paying to feel ridiculous! I know that it will all work and be wonderful in the end but - you know - it's funny!

GOTTA: We were supposed to start the certification classes this past April and for some reason we didn't. I think that my husband still has strong hopes that one pregnancy will work! I'm hopeful too but I'm also realistic - after all - I have had 5 miscarriages. So, I think that I'm a little more ready to start the process than him - because I know how long it takes. My sister adopted a few years ago - and I saw a lot of what she went through. But, I don't want to push him into something he is not ready for. He totally wants to adopt if we can't have one of our own. But, he knows that I'm still willing to TRY one more time and he is waiting to see if that one time is successful. So, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you!

QUILTER: I totally understand what you are saying - you definitely didn't put it in a bad way! I've been too nice to myself for too long too! I think I may have to get his book.

JRED: Yeah - I know - I've got to get this voice ready for the next school year for all of those little cuties that I'm gonna have! I've got the high class this year so I know we are gonna have lots of fun!!!

MELF: Glad you arrived home safely! I'm sure that you had a wonderful time. We will get together this summer so that I can meet you! We'll probably be going to my grandmothers in Lafayette soon so we can have lunch in your area when we go! How does that sound? Loved the pictures - looks like you had a blast.

OK -Where are BEACH & GATOR?!?! Football season is coming closer and I need my SEC gals here with me!!! BOB - I think we need to put out an APB!

MUSIC: Sounds like you have been one busy chic too! Y'all need to slow down and relax a little. I think I can lose weight just reading about your schedule!! HAHA!

Ok everyone - see y'all tomorrow! Have a good evening!

Missy
284/240/170
Old 06-21-2002, 07:52 AM   #95  

Happy Friday morning. Getting ready to go do a little private SLP consultation today. Looking forward to this one as it is parent training session. Gonna attempt to teach a child's parents how to use some computer equipment that their child uses to communicate. Fun and easy money.

On a sadder note, I lost my aunt yesterday after a long battle with ovarian cancer. I struggled with whether or not to to go to the funeral, which is about a 8-9 hour drive one-way. Have decided that it's just too much to t ry to cram into a 3 day trip. I am finally recovering from all my going and doing since the end of April. I hope my cousins will understand. Plan on phoning in some flowers later this morning.

Still trying to get going with SLAH (Southern Lving at Home) in my area. I have had some success in my hometown, but don't have any bookings here. Hoping to contact a few ladies today who have expressed some interest. Lots of my friends want to have a party after the summer is over! Really need/want to have some now! I plan to have a Christmas Open House in October or so. There are many beautiful Holiday items in the fall catalog and a Christmas supplement comes out in August/Sept. I am going to the SLAH convention in July. It is in Orlando and I am driving with a friend/my sponsor. I will not have any "free" time, as this will be a very fast and very business trip. I am looking forward to gettting to see all the items in the catalog and hopefully get some business ideas for recruiting hostesses and consultants.

Got my new running shoes last evening. They feel so different than my last pair; switched brands in an effort to keep all my toe nails this fall! Ordered them from Road Runner Sports! LOVE that place! They got those puppies here in 2 days from California! And I can send them back in 60 days if I don't like them, no matter how worn or dirty, no questions asked!

Well, Dixie is whining at me to go out and I need to get in the shower. Hope y'all have a great day!

Peace,
FROG
Old 06-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #96  

Hi everyone!!

I thought I was being so good yesterday when I walked into the chinese restraunt and asked if any of the sauces had no sugar, they said they could make them without...so I ordered.....as I was waiting I remembered the cornstarch they add....well out came my order. DO you think there is alot of corn starch in the sauce?? Does anyone order chinese with no sugar no cs ?? How would that come out?? And would it be ok?

Other than that I'm doing pretty well.

Deb
Hope you are feeling better.
That sounds like the going rate for online orders for the edible image of that size. My edible image is only 7.5"x10". Hope it turns out good!!

Monet
Really nice cakes....love the castle and the fish!

Are there any legal canned baked beans??

Thanks!
Chris
Old 06-21-2002, 08:38 AM   #97  

Default Friday Morning

Good morning everybody! Just wanted to do a quick check in and wish you all a wonderful day!

I've got a pretty busy morning ahead. Have already been to the grocery and back by 7:45. A personal best I think. Am trying to straighten up before Mom and Dad get here. They should arrive around lunch time. I need to get the clean sheets on their bed and give that room a quick vacuum. And then there's always the bathroom to tackle. Yuck! I hate that job.

It's a hot one here already. Don't know how you southern belles are surviving and it's still June. Oh well, lucky that we all just glow and don't sweat. LOL

MUSIC---Thanks for the confirmation on that. That brought a big smile to my face. Hope the study is right.

FRUIT---Glad to hear your nose is cooperating. You will feel so relieved once this is all behind you. Hang in there, friend! One thing I forgot to say regarding the Dr. Phil thing is that I think there are times when we aren't ready to move on something and then that would be the time when his words would seem harsh and possibly unkind. The thing for me is that I think I was ready. The frustration and self loathing had built up enough to the poing that I was ready to hear what he had to say. I think that's key with anything. If a person isn't ready or at the point of action, then something (no matter how great it could possibly be) won't do t hem a bit of good. I think you'd like his books. SM is great! I read it right before I go to sleep and then I think about it as I'm falling asleep.

DEB---Hope you had fun with your Mom. You didn't mention if it was fun . . . just long.

FROG---Sorry to hear about your aunt. Those long driving trips to funerals can be so hard. I've had to make the four hour trip back home twice in the past few years to say good-bye to very close relatives. And it was no fun. My thoughts are with you.

I'll check in later. Keep well, you all. Keep cool. And above all KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

Kim
Old 06-21-2002, 08:43 AM   #98  
Science teacher,mom,wife

Default Friday's Joke

Hello Everyone,

Only have a few minutes before I have to close down the laptop and send it with my husband (Mark). Here's a quick joke:

A plane carrying all PEPSI products crashed in a remote area of the mountains. All of the crew died except on pilot. He was able to survive 1 month before the rescue crew arrived.
One rescue worker was amazed at how the pilot was able to survive and began interviewing about his thirty days alone.
The rescue worker was even more curious when he discovered that the pilot had resorted to cannabilism.
"How were you able to eat them?"

Easy! I'd eat a leg and then drink a PEPSI.

OH! Then what?

I'd eat an arm and drink a PEPSI.

Oh my! Then the rescue worker viewed the scene once more and then asked the pilot on more question.

Why didn't you eat their things? (pointing to their privates)

OH NO......TNINGS GO BETTER WITH COKE!

Have a good day!
Gumbo
Old 06-21-2002, 09:14 AM   #99  

Default Happy Sizzling Summer!

Sizzle may be an understatement for us in NTX today. I've got a bad feeling about August!

Hope you all have a great TGIF. I'm going to be pretty busy today. Have a Dr. appointment check-up on a place where he removed a mole 2 weeks ago. It's on my chest, but not so low as to make the removal embarrassing, but he said that area is hard to heal and has more scarring. I'm keeping it greased up with Bacitracin(?) but now the area where the bandaid sticks is red and itchy. Don't know what's worse, the possibility of a little scar or a big red area in front. He took a look at my arms and said "Oh you have a lot of sun damage, how'd you get that?" And I said, "Living. It's in my genes." Don't know how he expects a mid 40s, red headed, fair skinned woman NOT to have freckles all over her body!

Thanks for the well wishes for DD. She's better but was afraid to take off the bandages yesterday. She still wants to use the crutches to walk. Guess we'll do the removing today so she can get a shower. Has anybody ever seen the water pump they use now for prevention of swelling. It fits inside a small ice chest and we keep it filled with ice and water. It has two tubes that run up through this pad and is wrapped around her knee. It runs all the time, pumping cold water around her knee. It's neat. And I bet expensive. We are renting it from a medical supply and thank goodness for insurance. I'm about to find out how good our school policy is.

I gotta run now. There's a lot of things on my schedule for today: doctor, new tires for bubba's car, grocery shopping.
Catch y'all later this evening.

Jeanie
Old 06-21-2002, 09:25 AM   #100  

Just a quick post... Will be back later with more, but wanted to answer while I was thinking about this.

CHRIS: The amount of cornstarch used in sauces in Chinese restaurants is not that much. They may even use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. Either way, I don't think it will hurt to have that once in a while. If you were going to eat it every day, it might not be good, but once every couple weeks won't hurt. Without the cornstarch, the sauce would be too watery, and not thick at all. There should not be too much sauce anyway. If your dish is swimming in sauce, it is not done right. There is a bit of sugar in almost all Chinese dishes. It is used to balance the flavors. I would be willing to bet that most do not have more than 3 grams of sugar a serving tho. Of course sweet sauces, like Sweet and Sour, are different. It is a good idea to ask if a sauce is sweet before ordering. The biggest problem with Chinese places is that every chef has his or her own recipe and it is different every place you go. Generally, you are somewhat safe with things like Beef and Broccoli, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Cashew Chicken, and Mongolian Beef. Egg Foo Yung is a good choice too, but ask for the gravy on the side, and go easy on it. I often forgo the gravy and just use soy sauce. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions about Chinese food, let me know. I am not an expert, but I taught a Chinese cooking class for a while, so have familiarized myself with the cuisine a good bit.

Ok...time for breakfast!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:35 AM   #101  
Wannabe skinny babe

Unhappy Rain, rain, rain

Happy Friday!

Woke up with the blahs this morning, but not dragging quite as much. Will continue taking the potassium supplement along with my regular vitamins, to see if energy improves.

Didn't make it to Curves yesterday, and can't today, so will have to wait for the weekend. =(

It's pouring rain and major thunderstorms here today. I kind of like it, but it's not improving my mood much.

Ever have one of those days where you wonder "What's the use? Why am I even trying?" That cloud has been following me since I woke up.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Jenn
Old 06-21-2002, 11:43 AM   #102  

Good morning everyone!

We have woke up to liquid sunshine today in our part of sunny Florida. It is pouring rain and supposed to do so all day. We hardly ever get the rain we need anymore, and then we need an Ark when it does rain. Go Figure!

I am so far behind in posting that I may never get caught up this week. I am getting ready to go to my family reunion in Georgia in the morning, but wanted to take time to post a quick funny for Friday. I will try to check in later and get caught up before leaving town.

The Italian Man

He calls the waiter over and asks for their most expensive bottle of Merlot to be sent to a most beautiful woman seated alone at another table, knowing that if she accepts it, she is his.

The waiter gets the bottle and quickly sends it over to the girl, saying "this is from the gentleman." She looks at the wine, and decides to send a note over to the man.

The note read, "For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a Mercedes in your garage, a million dollars in the bank and 7 inches in your pants."

The man, after reading the note, sends one of his own back to her and it read,"Just so you know, I happen to have a Ferrari Testarosa, a BMW 850iL, and a Mercedes 560SEL in my garage, plus I have over 20 million in the bank.

But, not even for a woman as beautiful as you, would I cut off 3 inches. Just send the bottle back!

Hope everyone has something to smile about today!

Catch ya'll later.

Wendy
Old 06-21-2002, 12:46 PM   #103  

Good Friday Morning Everyone

It's a dreary day down here. We've had rains every day and it really hasn't stopped raining much since yesterday. As soon as I put on my bra and start dressing to go out for my walk it started to rain again, so those plans for today are scratched. I doubt I will even give it another thought as the day wears on, I'm not good at getting in walks later in the day. I guess it's a good thing actually as yesterday my ankle was feeling sore, must of done something funky to it during my walk.

Mom and I had a full day yesterday-we shopped til we dropped! I think the best bargain of the day was the eggplant I bought at .29 cents a pound! Have never seen it that cheap. Now, what to make with it. Eli is going to make his eggplant dish for me, probably 2 pans of that so I can freeze some for later. I'm dying for some decent eggplant parmigiana and as it may not be good when I make it, it has to be lots better than what I had the other night at a rest. we went to (explained below). Bought some other stuff, of course-mostly food.

We tried an Italian rest the other day, not my choice mind you. It was awful. I ordered the eggplant parm, asked him if it was heavily breaded which he said it wasn't. Also asked him for steamed plain veggies instead of pasta, he tells me they have broccoli. He comes out with the plate with pasta on it, send it back. Takes 15 minutes for them to make veggies, they bring back some julienned mixed veggies swimming in butter I try the eggplant, it's all breading! They even had the nerve to serve 2 thin slices of eggplant as the entree, I tried scrapping away the breading, there's no eggplant inside-it must of dissappeared. I wasn't happy, sent it back and ordered the chicken cattiatori with veggies, CC is loaded with oil and even though there's not much, there's still butter on the veggies. Also, by the time they brought out my food, ELI had long finished his. I think I will continue to be a creature of habit and stick with the places I know I can't go to and happily eat-what a waste of $ at that place. I'm craving some good eggplant parm, and short of going to Orlando to Italianni's, I've got to come up with another solution.

Lastest on SB-doesn't look like the opening will be next week-so all that media stuff I sent was for naught and I doubt can be retracted at this time. What really sucks-the store will probably open while ELI is away in Lebanon, NOT good. We will know today for sure, they are suppose to have a walk through again today.

I sent everyone a link to a wonderful website filled to the brim with recipes galore. If you did NOT get an e-mail from me today either I do not have your e-mail address correct, you are not listed on the BIO BOARD, or you don't have your e-mail listed on the bio board. If you too want this link to the site, just e-mail me and I'll send it out to you.

ALSO, I sent a second e-mail regarding some new board ideas that Suzanne and I are coming up with, once again, if you did NOT receive an e-mail regarding this and want to, e-mail me with your info!!!

I better try and catch up with some of the posts before I get so far behind my butt's going to be dragging...

MELF, SEF, TRANQUIL, SERENE & HAPPY! What wonderful pictures of you all! MELF, thanks sooo much for posting those pictures for all of us to see, they are wonderful. I FINALLY get to see a picture of SEF!! WOO HOO!!!! I hope everyone on the board takes the time to view all the wonderful pics MELF has so graciously posted to share with us!!!

MELF, looks like you had a great time visiting the gals. I wish I could of been on your list of people to see, hopefully next time! I'm so happy you had this opportunity and I know in meeting so many of the gals myself what a great time you must of had. I look forward to meeting SEF, TRANQUIL & SERENE in the near future and seeing HAPPY once again as well. Thanks again for taking such great pictures and sharing them with the board.

TRANQUIL, I swear, the more pictures I see of you and SERENE, you are looking more like sisters! I may not be able to tell you two apart when we get to meet. I will e-mail you the other quiche recipes-if you don't get them in a timely matter, let me know, I tend to forget things sometimes, blame it on the age!!!

SEF, FINALLY, I see that face! Now when I talk to you on the phone or address you on the board, I can easily think of that kind hearted face that I saw posted! Okay, I know there's a little devil under that exterior, but there's one in all of us. Looks like a great piece you were working on in the picture. I loved finally having the opportunity of putting your face and name together!!!! Now when you moan and groan (and bi*ch) I can easily appreciate where it's coming from.

JACKK, taco ring? Sounds interesting, can you give me the low-down? Did you have fun at bunco? I wish I could learn to play, I don't know anyone down here that plays it.

SERENE, loved seeing the pics of you, TRANQUIL and MELF together! So, you broke down and bought a metal monster, eh? What kind did you get? I hope your scale has a nice temperment. That's wonderful that it got off to a good start and weighed you 2lbs less-seems it's a good week for you and the new scale. I hope you both have a nice long and loving "relationship" Enjoy your reunion in GA! Have a safe trip!! Oh, loved the FF!!!

MERCY, CONGRATS! 2lbs down on the scale is wonderful. I do eat some nuts from time-to-time, but usually it's when I need to up my protein and fat as so little is so high in both those AND calories. For me, it's hard just to have a few, so usually if I want something I'll have some pb. Personally, I do not like Chinese food. I do like Thai, but rarely go for that (haven't had any since I started SB). If you are able to get your Chinese rest. to do a dish the way for it to be SB LEGAL then I think it's okay. I know at the Thai rest. they will accomodate me. I do believe that most Chinse dishes use not only MSG, but cornstarch to thicken the sauces. I guess it really depends on what you get as well as knowing to forego the eggrolls, fried noodles, fortune cookie, etc. I think journaling is a wonderful idea myself, it can definitely be an eye-openener!!!

BIGK, glad to have you back safe and sound. I know QUILTER had a wonderful time meeting you as well and I'm sure your visit was one of the reasons she's back on the board with us-no one wants to miss out from all this friendship we have on the board! Can't wait to see the pics you took!

GRACIOUS, you definitely figured out a better word than I did-flylarva! Was that your idea or has it been coined on flylady? If not, you definitely have to write her and coin that phrase because you had me laughing! Yes, I guess I'm flylarva, or maybe flysperm? I delete many of her e-mails except for the ones that seem to be unusual and not the usual daily ones. I may try to put some of that info into gear today, that is, if I can get off the computer!!

ROSE, glad to hear things are going well. I'm hoping to get up there in August, after the kids get out of summer school. Nothing concrete, but I'll surely let you know if the plans materialize and I do get up there so we can meet. My Mom will be looking for new carpeting for their mountain house as well-if you come across any great bargain places, please let me know so I can pass it along My GP's are leaving to go up today and my parents are going up sometime after the 4th of July.

MONET, Publix will not do a company logo on a cake, ELI's asked before and nothing copyright are they willing to do I refuse to go to a Chinese buffet to eat. Not only because I don't like Chinese, but I don't do well at buffets. To me, it's like a free-for-all and not having the option of requesting the food as I like it to be void of certain things is not for me.

GUMBO, I think the guy has a job in computers that allows him to travel and make up his own schedule. I doubt now he'll be able to come, things are up in the air at this time and it doesn't look like next week is a go. Thanks for the Friday Funny!

BOB, hope you are feeling better. Will e-mail you soon! How's Ann doing? Tell her I said hello. And Skeeter, you haven't mentioned your main-man lately!

FROG, glad to see you back with us, you've been missed girlfriend. I think about you often, esp. every time I see something with a frog. Sorry to hear about your Aunt, my condolences to you and your family. Have you gotten your info for the WDW Marathon yet? The gal who got me in told me i'd get mine in a few weeks and it's been over a month-please let me know. Do you know what date you will come down before the marathon? What brand of sneaks did you get? I think I'm due for a new pair.

GOTTA, glad to see you back, wow, it's been a long time! Can't imagine my life now without a computer-you must of been having kanipshens without it!

QUILTER, loved our little chat this morning Have you tried the tuna in the pouches? It's great and a wonderful thing to take and keep in your car for emergencies. Seriously, if you have a plastic fork (I carry plastic cutlery in my car all the time) a packet of mayo (get some from BK or the like) and some crackers in a baggie, you will NEVER be without something nutritious to eat in an emergency! Same goes with some PB, or some of those Laughing Cow cheese wedges, pop top cans of fruit in juice is another great thing. Just some thoughts as you mentioned the tuna, not saying you need these things, I just went on and on. WW flour should say STONE GROUND. As for your question about keeping motivated and staying OP, just what I said to you this morning-remember how good you feel being 100% OP and then think about each time you've eaten off plan and how you really feel at the time and afterwards and where it's taken you. THINK good and hard before you decide to eat something off plan and you may think twice about eating it!

FRUIT, glad to hear you are doing better! Are you still silent or is whispering going on? Don't worry about me girlfriend, I'm a rock, I'll be fine!!!

COUNTRY, wow, you made some good time girl! 10 minutes is wonderful for a mile! I think your time was awesome!

KIMMY, with 5 kids I'd think that was exercise enough to keep after them all. I know my sister has her hands full with 5. BUT, it's great to get out there and exercise with time alone for yourself, but I know it's hard. I have to say, not only does the exercise help me keep the weight down/off, but it give me such a natural high and I don't feel good when I don't get in my walk, like today. Makes me eat more when I don't get it in-not good. Just try to make sure you are eating enough, without journaling, it's a guesstimate.

NANCE, WHEW! What great news to hear you're back down to your low. PLEASE promise me that you will not look back, but forward! I am soo proud of you girl!!! Keep up the great work Nance! As for the gal at work, if this is how she "gets her way" I wouldn't give in. If you know you were right for saying no, you have NOTHING to apologize about. Check out http://www.flylady.net

JRED, glad to hear DD is feeling better. Crossing my fingers for you to get that elementary instructional technologists position. When will you get a yay or a nay on it??

JENN, hope you are feeling more energetic, you know I can surely sympathize with you on having those feelings! Can't imagine the caffein didn't wake you up. I had a cup last week, late in the evening and I didn't sleep all night-actually, 2 nights in a row I didn't sleep and my heart was beating a mile a minute!

CHRIS, I think HEINZ makes a SF baked bean, but it's only availble in the UK, but BOB says she's seen them. I have a recipe on the board for baked beans using agave though. Out of curiosity, what would you charge for an image on the cake that size? Not sure of the amount of corn starch they use in dishes-maybe do a search on google for a certain Chinese dish just to see, you may be surprised.

TONI, thanks again for the nice words in the e-mail-you always know how to make me smile

Here it is, almost 1pm and I"m still in my nightie and haven't done a flippin thing! Serves me right for getting so behind. Still raining here-probably stay in and try to clean off the dining room table, at least the stuff that's mine, don't touch ELI's-it's a big table, and it's going to take me some time-it's one of my many catch-alls for stuff!

I'll check in later

Have a great weekend!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-21-2002, 01:42 PM   #104  

Here's my contribution to the Friday Funnies>>>

The Blonde and The Jaguar

A young blonde stock broker was bored with her BMW. It lacked individuality, and besides that, every ***** in the office had one. She fancied something a bit more individual, "Perhaps an MG convertible," she mused to herself.

That week, she visited her local car dealer and spied a beautiful Jaguar XK140 convertible. It was wonderfully restored and she fell in love with its gorgeous red paintwork. An empty check stub later and off she was driving down the leafy country lanes enjoying her beautiful new car.

Her long blonde hair was flowing in the wind, music blaring from the radio, what could go wrong?

With that, there was a jerking from the engine and the car slowly coasted to a stop. She got out and lifted the hood and concluded, after a few minutes realized that she didn't have a clue.

Luckily, she had her mobile phone with her and a quick phone call to Triple A and a short wait saw a bright shiny yellow van pull up behind her.

"That's a lovely car" says the AAA man "What seems to be the problem?"

"Well, it just conked out I'm afraid."

"Let me have a look," he said.

He set to work and ten minutes later the engine was purring like a cat again.

quot;Oh goody!" she said, "What was the matter?"

"Simple really, just sh*t in the carburetor" he replied.

Looking shocked she asked, "Oh, OK. How many times a week do I have to do that?
Old 06-21-2002, 04:39 PM   #105  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

My sink is shining, I've vacuumed, dusted, made the bed, etc. I've had a shower and just have to put my face on and get dressed to go out with the Young At Heart from church. We are going to an Italian restaurant. They better have salads!!!

Last night I finished the bee hive and bees and flowers around it. Now starting on the duck swimming in his wooden tub! Tomorrow I am going to frame the dolphins.

So many posts. Will try to catch up.

JACKK: The things we learn we must do to stay OP. Taking along a ww pita was a wise choice. I haven't read a lot of articles on SB, you'd think around here it would be all over the papers, etc, but like you I know what it does for me. Nice that your friend was so considerate with the food.

SERENE: I'm sure you would have made the papers weighing yourself in the parking lot! "Woman obsessing about weight runs amok with scale!"

MOMMA: Welcome back. Missed you! Never heard of WW Oyster Crackers. I always liked regular ones. Since reading your post I looked in our stores and they are not there.

YELLOW: Glad you are on the way down again.

BOB: Hope you are feeling better. You might get better faster if you rested more. Going to work just because you're not contagious to others doesn't mean you're helping yourself any.

QUILT: My DD and friends don't know they will have to go to food stores while I visit in the fall. One thing I will definitely llok for are those pretzels! There's nothing like a coat of paint to give the feeling of newness to a room. You will have fun doing it even though it is work. Thanx for the kind words.

MELF: Welcome back. Pictures are great. I would like to meet Missy. Maybe when Fruit is better we can all get together. It would be nice to follow up on a new friendship. By the way, your fresh from the garden veggies were soooo good!

FRUIT: You were not whining just telling us what was going on with you! Just told Melf that I'd like to get together with you. We're not THAT far apart! July sounds good.

COUNTRY: I should toss my scale too. It still sits in the bathroom, maybe I think it will heal itself!

MONET: Okay druggie! Has your high worn off yet? I've had that happen and then there is a terrible hangover feeling when you come down. To me the high is not worth it, don't see whty true users think it is! By the way, I wanted to smell the roses! So real looking. I hear you, it is often easier to be good in front of others, but we know how we raid the frideg when alone! OF COURSE, I DON'T!!! But I have heard of people that do!

NANCE: The best way to make your point known to someone who is acting childish is to ignore them. If you beg that feeds their need for power over you. She should realize that in trying to punish someone we often punsih ourselves. I have put the recipe on the Board a couple of times but have not put it on the recipe board, will do that.

JRED: Hope your DD is recuperating okay. I am ashamed to say that other the NH and Sunday church, I have stayed home most all week. I just need to recharge at times. Pacing myself is not one of my attributes! Hope your visit to DR. goes well. Sounds like you have developed an allergy to the tape. I break out under tape when I use it, the break out can be worse than the wound I was trying to protect.

MUSIC: I loved the piecing of a quilt but the quilting drove me nuts. I have a sampler quilt that I made umpteen years ago. It's on the fram and I started to quilt and couoldn't stand it. Maybe someday I'll have it done professionally. I admire that you can be so creative.

DEB: I'm very good at monaing and *****ing! It's wonderful what make-up will do!

Okay gotta go, Need to put my face on!!!

Take care, shirley
Closed Thread