Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite seafood?
Fish 8 22.22%
Lobster 8 22.22%
Clams 0 0%
Shrimp 14 38.89%
Muscles 0 0%
Conch 0 0%
Octopus 0 0%
Squid 1 2.78%
Other 1 2.78%
I don\'t eat any seafood 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 02:47 PM   #61  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! You should have heard me ranting and raving last night!!! The only reason you didn't was the cause of the outburst. I could not get into the chat or the board, kept getting the message that they couodn't be displayed. The only consolation? It wasn't just SB, I couldn't seem to get onto other sites either. No wonder computers can m,ake you crazy! Such is life!

Picked up a little more energy by end of day. Did my pool thing and made supper. Made the kids chicken stew. Cut up a breast for me, stewed it and served it over some leftover brown rice. Stitched last night. That's old news, I do most nights.

This morning a sanded and sprayed painted a frame for the dolphins. I bought mats the other day for them. I was glad I could make such a good match with the mats. The frame is silver as it will fit in with towel bars etc. There are also two other dolphin things - a plate and a framed pic and they are silver trimmed so should go nicely.

TREE: I had a dry socket about 40 years ago and still remember the pain! You poor thing, I hope it is getting better you have been suffering a long time!

JACKK: Lots of veggies have potassium, especially broccoli. I just read an article in our paper that said low carb diets like SB don't work. That you should eat veggies, fruit, protein and whole grain products like brown rice etc. DUHHHHHHHHH! They just don't get it do they?

BOB: Poor Bob, like I said, you don't do things by halves! So miserable but you still took time to inform us and keep us up-to-date. Hope you feel better soon.

QUILT: Glad neck is some better. Watched Oprah, he's right in that we certainly do things to undermine ourselves.

TONI: It's really not what people think. It's what we think people think. If we have a low vision of ourselves we think others do too!

MONET: That's not true! You excel in your cake decorating and your caring bout all of us, and in being a good mother.......need I go on?!?

KIMMY: Dr. Phil says throw away all the old clothes, you don't want to have anything around to grow back into.

FRUIT: Glad the nosebleeds have stopped. Your voice will return, takes a little time.

JENN: Sometimes it's more important to be nice to ourselves!

DEB: Procratination is NOT a good thing. You been cycling...feel bad, feel good. Pick that doctor ASAP! Little things can lead to bigger things!

COUNTRY: I had stalled for a long time too. The weight seems to be moving again. My scale is broke (Am I that fat?) I step on it and it will read 245, step off and back 250, off/back 240 so definitely not working. But clothes are fitting better.

Okay, I do have other things to do. Thwe frame is dry so have to put the paint and tarp away. Need to write a couple of letters. My sink is shiny and my bed is made, I'm dressed but shoes!?! They're something I wear when I go somewhere thats not the house or yard!

Take care, Shirley
Old 06-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gang,

On OT again tonite, getting ready to check out though. I have bunco tonite with the girls. She is fixing dinner and margaritas for us and sitting by the pool. SHure we won't play bunco, just talk all nite. She is fixing some sort of taco ring, so I am bringing a ww totillia with me. I will pas on the margarita (Dang it) and have some wine. (and probably whine about it) LOL

Gracious, Have fun playing with the kiddies.

Kimmy, WOW you are doing great. You have a nice cushion to play with. I'm sure you will do great in "maintaining". Have fun with your kids.

Tranquil, BBQ sauce, wow, I would love to find some. Sorry you are puffy today. Hopefully you will see a big water loss.

Toni, WOW, we both did 2 pounds. We are staying neck and neck. So far 2 days walking in a row, Sure didn't want to get up this morning and go but I did.

Fruit, So glad you don't have any more nosebleeds. Glad you can talk again. I'm you will be clear as a bell soon. I don't think you would want one of my meals. Not a very good cook. But atleast it would be legal. Don't overdo!

Country, 6 months at the same weight. That's great if you are maintaining. If you still have some to lose, maybe Deb will have some ideas how to jump start your loss. I'll ask my trainer. She told me if I ever get stalled to let her know. Good luck

Jenn, It doesn't pay to be nice on this WOE. Think about you first. It's ok, you're worth it.

Nance, you are going to undo everything you worked so hard on last week. Was the cake that good. I'm going to have to come ut there (and it's pretty darn far) and kick your butt. Cake is poison. Keep repeating. I hope there are no leftovers. Love ya.

Deb, so glad you are feeling up to par today. WOW 6.5 miles. It's nice to change your path now and then. Thanks for the info on potassium.

Music Teach, Glad you are holding your own.

Zanne, WTG on your 1# loss. I have the same thing with the sizes. I'm smaller now than I was before at this same weight. Guess that is a good thing HUh?

Sef, Computers are great when they work, but boy when they don't watch out. I have read so many articles about SB not working. Who cares, it works for me!

Have a great evening everyone. See ya Thursday.

Jackie
257/184/145
10-10-01
Old 06-19-2002, 05:22 PM   #63  

Hi there!

Just taking a minute to say hello and check in. It has been a busy week and I haven't had much time to post. I hope to be able to do more later tonight.

Well, I decided that I just had to go buy a scale today. I mean, I can't always make it to Tranquil's house on Wednesday to weigh, or so I convinced myself! Secretly knowing that I just had to have one. I couldn't wait to get home, rip it out of the box and get my obsession officially started. Naturally, Murphy's law took over and my quick trip to purchase the monster turned in to a few hours as I had car trouble I was so thirsty as I waited in the heat for my car to start, but refused to have a drop of water until I could set my feet on that scale. I was so tempted to weigh in the parking lot of Discount Auto but was afraid I would be carried off in a white jacket. When I finally got home and had my first encounter with the monster, it was kind. I have lost two pounds and am down to 217.5 I may want to throw it out the door next week after I go to my family reunion this weekend. Maybe if I follow the example of our great leader and weigh in the buff, it won't be too bad though!

I hope WIW is going well for everyone and that there are a lot of "losers". Sorry that I don't have time to say hello individually, however, I will next time.

Wendy
Old 06-19-2002, 05:46 PM   #64  

Well..WIW I was scared to get on that gym scale after a month of no exercising! I'm down to 146-147!!! I think I've lost some muscle, so it's not a good thing that I lost. I'm going to start exercsing more and continue to eat well. I think at this rate I'll have no problem getting down to 140.

When I think about the fact that I've lost 15lbs...it really amazes me...I couldn't have done it without you guys..
Old 06-19-2002, 06:35 PM   #65  

Hi,

I am still trying to get into the habit of posting everyday. I didn't realize today was WIW. I am down 2lbs. I think I ate to many peanuts this week. Do any of you guys eat nuts? If so what kind. I plan to start writing down everything I eat starting tommorrow. I did manage to walk 3 miles today. I

I still would like Deb's input on Chinese food. Im glad to see you are feeling better.

Well I have to go to the store to pick up a few things for the rest of this week.

Also Bob I hope you recover soon

Last edited by Mercy; 06-19-2002 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:36 PM   #66  

Thumbs down

hi everyone,

well i am back from vacation, had a wonderful time visiting friends in johnson city, tn. and then on to cincinnati where we had a wonderful time. we had a mini family reunion, went to a reds baseball game (all 16 of us with our kids and spouses), went to kings island (where my daughter got picked for the nickelodeon slime show and did get slimed!) and then to my cousins daughters wedding! we had a great relaxing but hectic time! i also got to meet QUILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, BOB we did meet at skyline chili and had a fun time visiting and eating chili. i even took my whole wheat oyster crackers and skipped on the spaghetti part. Kim is wonderful and like meeting my other sugarbuster friends i felt like i had known her for a long time. we had a nice dinner with her hubby and my family. i have a photo to post and will do that later when hubby can scan it for me.

i missed chat last night trying to get unpacked and drowning in mounds of laundry. i did gain 5 pounds (sad face) that could have been because of the greaters ice cream i indulged in, Oprah raved about this ice cream on her show and boy is she right! my family cannot wait to eat skyline when we go home to cinti, i need my ice creamer fix. i did plan (?) to cheat and have a single scoop of mocha chip, unfortunately i did this on THREE evenings in a row! oh well, i am back on program today and know this was a temporary setback.

hope everyone is doing well and having a great week, i may try to go back and catch up this weekend on the posts i have missed.

glad to be back,

chris
Old 06-19-2002, 06:38 PM   #67  

Default WIW evening

Wow. Reading everyone's great WIWs made me happy for you but sad for me. The bummer of it all is that I know I have not been eating right and cannot expect any loss other than what I gained...having said that, I cannot have a pity party for myself so I will just keep on keeping on!

DEBELLI- Glad to hear you are feeling better. My goodness you really went to town on your exercising today! Excellent especially in the kind of heat that you must endure. I thought I would cut in and comment on the FLYLady/Baby/Larva thing I find that when my kitchen is looking good, it really does give me incentive to get going on the rest of the house. I make certain that my kitchen and bathrooms are always sparkling then go from there. It seems to be accumulative to me. Also, she advocates cleaning *incorrectly* rather than not cleaning at all. A quick run through is better than nothing. I am amazed at what I can get done in those 15 minute whirlwinds that she sends us on!

SERENE- I have one of those love hate relationships with my scale. I couldn't live without one but I can't say that I am overjoyed each time I step on it! Now that you have your own you can weigh in the early morning when we are lightest and that is always a built in bonus!

TONI- You are doing excellent girl! What a fantastic milestone.

FRUIT- Still thinking about you and those nostrils! Being hoarse is a drag, people call in the middle of the day and think you are sleeping. That is what has been happening to me since I developed allergies this year..always sound like a bullfrog! Good to know it will go away soon once you are fully mended.

ZANNE- You are hanging around the same place as I am nowadays but sounds like you are better off with fitting into those shorts. It is a continual give and take between 164-169 for me. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I started to pack for my vacation on Friday and tried on my shorts. Oh my...talk about cellulite city! I am partial to spring, fall and winter myself!

KIMMY- You are going to be a toothpick soon. How wonderful for you though, to have reached your goal and given yourself an additional cushion like that. It is nice to focus on your own kids after being with everyone elses at VBS, I am sure. I am looking forward to our vacation and watching the kids play in the ocean. Our youngest is 3.5 years so he will be old enough to enjoy it this time. My parents arrive on Friday and my Mom was telling me on the phone today that she thinks Dad is going to get saved. Of course we have been praying for this but she said he is always talking about it nowadays. My mom just got saved Jan. 8, 2002 so it is new in their home. He has a Christian guy at work that talks to him too and says, "You know the gospel and about Christ, what are you waiting for?" I think that is fantastic! I hope when we get back I can tell you that he got saved while we were together.

MUSICTEACH- Way to go on undoing the damage...I am still working on mine! Makes you feel so much better though doesn't it? Always makes me wonder why I put myself through this because it is never worth it in the end...we work twice as hard to get the same weight off. Guess I am a slow learner!

JENN- I never really knew what people were referring to before when they said they were puffed up and feeling wretched. I never really experienced those things when I ate off plan ..until this past weekend. I had a killer headache and I felt like I was hungover...pretty bad when you think that I don't even touch alcohol! It was like a revelation to me because I finally made the connection between the headache and the carbfest that I had. I think that it is helpful to see the result of us eating off plan so it can help us when we are tempted again in the future.

Okay...I am off. Must read to kidlettes and do a final run around the house to tidy up. Have a good night all!
Old 06-19-2002, 06:47 PM   #68  

Hi All,

After the set back of having my scales moved, then lashing out by adding what I consider, unnecessary pounds, I am back on the downward trend. I suppose I should adjust my stats at the bottom of the page.

My husband and I have been busy with trying to pick out carpet for the guest bedroom. We have brought home tons of samples and at first everything turned olive and dark. We had wanted a medium color but we have had to go lighter and lighter in order to give some life to the room. I didn’t realize that it was so low on light in there. Then, one thing leads to another and we think we should paint before the carpet comes which should be down before the new furniture arrives…..it is always something. I am not really complaining on this though.

Gumbo: I understand what you mean about getting to read all the posts. I don’t want to miss anything but I do get behind.

Sef: My poor DH felt terrible about the scales' sudden change and I don’t think he will be borrowing it again. I hope the chickory comes in at a good price because it sounds promising to use as a substitute to the now very expensive agave. I saw it at a HFS in Hendersonville and they had marked it at $5.88 for 8 ounces. What is irritating is that I think those are the same 3 bottles that I left on the shelf when I bought some Congrats on the pant fit. That is always rewarding to wear something comfortably that once was tight.

Tree: Ouch! Sorry that you are in such pain.

Jack-K: I take a Potassium (slow release) tablet that I get from GNC. I was having a little trouble with leg cramps and that did away with the problem for me. I know.....adding it through my food would be better.

BOB: Wow! All those meds should have you up and about soon…..I hope so for you sake. I was out of my mind when it took me three weeks to recover.

Quilter: I still have not tried the pretzels that are by Snyder. My daughter is visiting in July and I think she is bringing me a bag. I was hoping to use them for a pie crust since they are suppose to be somewhat sweet. What do you think?

Deb: Too bad it won’t work to have you walk for me. I am certainly glad that you are full of energy again. I wonder what has been happening. Things are going great for me. It is interesting what journaling does. It makes me more aware of what I am eating as well as trying to stay within the proper percentages. I don’t eat off program, I just eat too much sometimes and then letting the SF sweets sneak in is not good. Interesting about the cantaloupe. I have been having it for breakfast but didn’t look up the G.I. I think I will avoid it until I am on maintenance.

I am off to plan what we will have with the salmon my husband is fixing.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:09 PM   #69  

Don't have time to post for real...be back later, but wanted to make a comment.

DEB: If you want a logo on a cake, you can take your pix to Publix. Most of them have the copier to make edible images, and they don't charge much for it. If the Publix near you doesn't have one, ask the decorator there where one is that has it. All the stores up here do it, and their cakes are reasonable, and pretty good tasting! I recommend the chocolate. If you want something really good, get carrot cake. It does cost more, but it is the best cake they make.

Ok..gotta go fix some dinner for hubby and I...I'll be BAAAACCCCKKKKKK! !!!
Old 06-19-2002, 07:34 PM   #70  
Science teacher,mom,wife

Default WIW

Hello All,

Sounds like alot of you have had a wonderful WIW. Great Work!
What I posted Monday holds true for today still...still down 10 pounds since June 1st. I did eat 2 slices of Pizza Hut pizza with the kids. Boy, I did not realize how good that tasted. I ate each bite real slow and charished every moment and every bite!!!

BOB: Listen to the doc...take your pills and recover quickly! I miss your humor...you make me smile!

Debelli: Even with all of the new obsticles of the grand opening you will pull it all together. That Starbucks guys sounds cool. Does he have a real job besides running from store to store drinking coffee???

Sef: You and your computer are like me. It took me forever to figure this stuff out. Keep trying! Your picture frame sounds very nice!

Jack-K: Your evening with the girls sounds fun. We used to have a group like that when we lived in Virginia...we had a blast...more talking than playing bunco. Congrats on your 2 lbs!

Serene: Boy! You have had one heck of a day! Glad you made it home...now enjoy your new scales!

Quivondra: You will definately make your mini-goal by July 4th! I agree with you...I could not be as determined about losing weight with out everyone's encouragement on this board...they are wonderful!

KimmyTheKid: You have been exercising...running to VBS, the amusement park, etc. You have been very active or shall we say "On the move!!!"

Sabrina: Hang in there! The sugar free BBQ sauce sounds wonderful! I'll look for it myself!

Toni: Congrats on the 2 lbs! I bet you are dancing about the 30 lbs. I'll do the same dance when I reach that point! Keep dancing honey!!!

Monet: We will be in the Grand Tetons July 12 - 19. Do our dates cross over at all? Would love to meet for dinner.

Fruitloupe: Remember...everything worthwhile takes time! Hang in there!

Jenn in Mn: I love my in-laws too, but the best thing we did was to move 1000 miles away...then you do not have to eat that nasty orange chicken anymore!!

Nancemeister: Drink that water...it does make a difference!

MusicTeach: Your quilts sound beautiful. Your kids must love them. Congrats on holding your weight!

Zanne: I think as we age our bodies adjust. I have been up to 180 several times before and each time my clothes fit me different.

Tranquil: Your salad sounds good. I have never tried goat cheese but will also get some to try!

Mercy: Congrats on the 2 lbs. I eat almonds, you might try them rather than peanuts.

BigKnightsMomma - Great vacation! Sounds like alot of fun!

Gracious: Don't feel sad....Come on...Get in the swing of things....Get moving...You can do it!!!

YellowRose: Glad you are back on the downward trend. Your guest room will look lovely whatever you pick. Just being new will look so nice!

Tried to get to everyone...but not possible...will try next time.
Have a nice evening.
Gumbo
Old 06-19-2002, 07:55 PM   #71  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB can't say that she feels better, but I can tell you that I was in bed by 8:30 last night and fell asleep (to wake periodically) until 7:30 this morning...good sleep.
Very rested...and I'm about to do it again. I'm believing that this medicine is making me sleepy cause I'm ready to snuggle in !!!

MISSY...the ONLY thing I'm lacking are those super tampons you've got sticking in your nose! So i'm off to rest...hope you're feeling better

TONI...I've really done it up right this time...I NEVER do anything halfassed...just ask Deb

MONET...I might be coming up that way the week of July 20th..if I drive, I'll be sure to let you know so we can get together...airline tickets are pretty cheap right now and I can get out of Sarasota straight into Greenville for under $200...and that's good because we are considered off the beaten path since Tampa is so close.

My trip to S.C. will be a complete chick week...my cousin's husband and their three sons (grown) are going to Wyoming to fish for a week and we will have the house to ourselves! We are the QUEENS of MOVIE MARATHONS....she's just as bad as I am.
PLUS they have that new grandchild that I can run over and spoil.
I was kicking it around as a maybe, but I think I'll go..

GUMBO, ROSE, MERCY, SEF, JACKIE, GRACIOUS, SERENE, TRANQUIL, QUIV.....

BKM...glad you all are home safe and sound..I knew you would like KIM...she's a sweetie...didya give Paul that pinch for me?

DEB...so glad you're feeling better..but I know you'll be run down by next week...GO TO THE DR ANYWAY AND GET A CHECK UP!!!!

BOB
Old 06-19-2002, 09:22 PM   #72  

TREE - Dry sockets are also more common during certain times of the month not related necessarily to our cycle. Check the Original Farmer's Alamanac. Seems like one of the more common times for d.s.'s is when the moon is full. Check the calendar! My sister used to work for a dentist and he SWORE my that almanac! Had a very accurate prediction rate with it too!

JACK-K - Unless you have some sort of deificiency or are a regular and vigorous exerciser, your body is already producing more potassium (Vitamin K) that your body can use. I wonder if lack of B vitamins or protien is the culprit for low energy.

BOB - Feel better Babe! Hey to Skeeter!! Dixie and Mary-Ca ("mary kay") were just laying here together snuggling! When are you gonna be in S.C? Am gonna be goin' through there 2 times in July!

QUILTER and TONI - Think my headache was pure meanness! I also think I was having sugar DTs and sinus poop!

SOL - Hey! Admire your walking in the heat and humidity! It'll be good training conditions for you!

DEB - Have you been to the doc yet? If not, then get there! YOu sound anemic! This is not like you at all! Stop making us all worry and drag your raggedy *ss to the doctor! That's an order!

FRUIT - I am a speech-language pathologist (SLP). Listen to your SLP and do what he/she tells you! Practice good vocal hygeine - no whispering or straining, limit caffinated beverages, NO smoking!!!, rest your voice, and all that groovy stuff! Thanks for the kind words. It was nice to be missed, and I did let people know that I was gonna be checking out for a while! Sorry to hear that your vocal folds are still recovering. Hang in there! I have a friend who is an SLP at the big hospital in N.O. Is it Charity? She ocassionally works with one of the SB authors.

Hello to all! Newbies, old friends, lurkers!

Time to go lay out tomorrow's work wear and wash the old face! Gonna make the 6:00 a.m. double step class in the a.m.

Nice to feel semi caught up with all.

Peace,
FROG
Old 06-19-2002, 09:29 PM   #73  

Default saying hi

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome back everyone. It is so nice to be back here after computer shut down. Hopefully I will get to know you all a little better.
Jack K Thanks for the encouraging words. You seem to help me a lot before and I really appreciate you.

Toni B Thanks goes your way as well. Sometimes you just go along hoping someone takes the time to read your little blurb and just knowing you did helps to lighten my day.

Fruitloupe Your words of encouragement were a help as well when I seem to feel like nothing is going right I just come here and someone gives me little boost. Anything you would like to know about adoption feel free to ask. My only thought for you right now is go ahead and get started before you try to have your own. The only reason is it really takes a long haul to do all the paperwork and just getting started now will give you that leg up for when and if you need it. Let me know how it goes. My thoughts and prayers are with you>
Tree I work in the dental field and have come across many cases of dry socket. My heart goes out to you. I have never had one but seen many people in aweful pain due to it. Hope all goes well
Bob Hope you are on the mend!!!
Deb Good luck with your opening. Positive thoughts going your way
Well to all the others I missed nice to be back and keep up all the losses you all are really an encouragement to all of us who need the extra boosts.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:21 PM   #74  

Default Wednesday Night

Hello!!!

I’m late getting on tonight, because I’ve been trying to straighten up the house. Then I went outside to do some neighbor talking. And it’s already dark and the vacuum is still sitting in the middle of the dining room. Oops! Well, at least I tried.

My eating is going well. Today I had a really yummy lunch. I ate a can of tuna (plain) with triscuits and some steamed cauliflower with a little butter. That tasted so good to me. Yum! I may have to do a repeat for tomorrow.

One quick question. What’s the rule about flour? I was talking to a co-worker today (the one who inspired me to start SB) and we couldn’t remember if unbleached ww is okay or not okay. We tried skimming through my book but we couldn’t find the answer. I feel like such a dummy, but want to make sure I’m clear on it. Thanks!

JACK-K---Girl, two pounds??? Youa re kicking butt and taking names!!! WAY TO GO!!! That’s awesome. See what your hard work is doing! Keep it up. You make me laugh with what you said to MONET. You two girls and your taste for salty foods. LOL

KIMMY---Woman, you are a waif! That’s really thin and I’m so happy for you that you are in yoru cushion area. Fantastic! Great! I don’t think I can meet you for at least 30 pounds. I’d feel much to big. LOL Just kidding!!! Hey, I tried buying the sw. potato chips and I ate the WHOLE bag. That would be a high risk food for me, so I just can’t have them around.

TONI----Can you see me??? I’m the one who’s green with envy. Not really, I’m just so excited for you that you are already at THIRTY POUNDS!!!!! That is so great. I’m doing the happy dance for you. Wonderful, wonderful!!! I think you’ll like Dr. Phil’s book. Which one did you get? I have Self Matters. But I also want Life Strategies (I think that’s what his first one is called). Let me know what you think of it. It’s amazing to me how much better it is for me when I don’t talk about this. I feel so much less stress about it. This morning one of the girls at the office brought in a gift back full of chocolate to share. She brought it in and offered it to us. I just said, “no thanks” and didn’t think about it anymore. And honestly, I think it has something to do with keeping my efforts to myself. Weird, huh? Don’t sweat the 2 today. You can take care of them this week.

DEB---I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Whew!!! Heavy sigh of relief for sure!!! I hope you didn’t overdo with the 6.5 this morning. You were a walking maniac!!! You are so right about the Making Choices. Isn’t it empowering to know that this is one thing we have total and complete control of? It’s in our hands (literally and figuratively). So I’m looking forward to the day when I can take credit for making it to completion. LOL Even tho the Special K is legal, I am going to eat it just a couple times a week if that. It could be an addicting thing for me I think. Like a bowl right before bed. No no no!!! Thanks for the answers. I like your idea of hummus on the pretzels. I used to eat humus all the time when I was a vegetarian. Good and good for you!!! Also liked your two tidbits. Very helpful!

SEF---Maybe your difficulties last night was why the chat room was empty by the time I got on. I was surely surprised to see nobody in there. That’s a first!!!

BKM---SO GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK!!!! From vacation and back on the board!!!! Sounds like your vacation was wonderful. How great!!! I am loving it that little S got to be the star of the show at KI. I’ll bet she was in heaven. Did she like getting slimed or did it bother her? How was the weather for you? How was the wedding? How is the big knight? Did Tom every get over his stomach thing? Did you get my email? Am I full of questions or what? Can you tell I’ve been waiting for you to get back? LOL

YELLOWROSE---I’m surprised you aren’t able to get the oat pretzels in Dallas. I would think they’d have them before little old Cincinnati. You will like them. They aren’t a bit salty and just a bit sweet. I think they would most definitely make a FANTASTIC pie crust!!! Great idea!!!

BOB---Go to the Girls Only Reunion. You know you’ll have a blast. When is it? Are you going to have time to recuperate. Yesterday I thought of wee Jay because we went to the hospital to see a co-worker’s brand new baby boy. He was darling. And I wondered how much bigger Jay is by now. Is he growing like a weed????

FRUIT---I truly hope each morning you wake up feeling so much better. This has got to be so hard for you. Hang in there, kiddo. We’re all sending good thoughts your way. I know what you mean about Dr. Phill being tough. He certainly tells it like it is. But I don’t mind that. I feel like I’ve been “talking nice” to myself for months and I always gave in and wasn’t true to what I wanted. It’s not until I had a SERIOUS talk with myself and “got real” that I could Iget back on program. I don’t mean that I’m going about this in a negative way. It’s just that I needed to hear him say that stuff to reinforce where I want to approach this journey from. Does that make sense??? I think I’m putting it badly.

Well, that’s for me. I’ve rambled on long enough. Take care you all!!!

Kim
Old 06-19-2002, 11:13 PM   #75  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Who's excited???

Yep, it's me! My family thinks I'm nuts but I made one whole mile tonight at a jog and it only took 10 minutes. Not the worlds fastest but my first mile ever ever ever...LOL The other two miles were walk/run. I got my 3 miles in 37 minutes....so a really good night.

Deb..the reason for the long stall I think is because I just eat too much. And I don't work out as much as last year. Enjoy your time without the kiddos. So glad you are feeling better today.

Zanne....Go with the shorts and not the scales. I know it's hard but I bet you are firming up. And that looks a lot better than a low number.

Tranquil...you are so sweet and encouraging..Thank you.

Sef..hate it when the scales do that. I found my old digital scales when I cleaned out the bathroom cabinet today. They said 184..uh no..LOL They are now in the bottom of the trash can.

Jack-K..no I am not maintaining. I think I just don't watch my diet close enough since I reached this weight.

Serene...Oh no girl no you've gone and done it----hide those scales before it's too late... Seriously you are doing so good. Keep up the good work.

Gracious..I do something like that before bed at night. I run through the house and pick it up so I don't have to wake to a mess. Usually only about 5 minutes but it helps.

Gumbo....Glad you really enjoyed the pizza. I think we should savor our cheats-treats. That makes them all the better.

Well, it's past this ole gals bedtime. See ya'll tomorrow.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/135

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 06-19-2002 at 11:25 PM.
Closed Thread