Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How will YOU determine when you've met your "goal" (weight)
By the number I personally chose on the scale 13 33.33%
By the number the Dr. chose for me 0 0%
By the number from a height and weight chart 1 2.56%
By being able to fit into a certain size clothing 4 10.26%
By the amount of body fat I have measured on me 1 2.56%
By the way I look at myself in the mirror 7 17.95%
By how others think/comment on the way I look 0 0%
By the way I feel, no set number 9 23.08%
Undecided at this time 3 7.69%
Other 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 05:38 PM   #61  

Wink

Here is another link: http://www.healthcentral.com/cooltoo...ct_fitness.cfm

From all the different sites I've checked out, and after having had a gym do my body fat test.. I've come to this conclusion..

at 152 (current) --Lookin' Good
At 148 -- Lookin' better
At 145 -- Hot Damn!
At 142 -- I wish I had her metabolism

So pick a range and stick with it
BTW, I'm 5'6 with a medium frame..
Old 05-07-2002, 05:45 PM   #62  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Well, I'm plump tuckered out. I feel like a walking dead woman! I was hoping this morning there was some possible way of getting in some sleep, but nope, I couldn't. I had to take my car in for the brakes to be checked and to have an oil change that was over 2,000 miles overdue Eli had a eye dr. appt and then we went to lunch-honestly don't remember much about it, ELI said I didn't eat all that much, just didn't have the strength. So pooped I can't wait to hop in bed with high hopes I will sleep straight through the night-not even going to the weigh training class, I don't have any power to lift a flea!

I forgot to mention with feeling the way I was last night, I was also dying of thirst! I had to get up for water, something I never ever have to do. Today, I drank 3 liters, it was like my throat was dry constantly. Feeling better now, but feel like I'm walking with a fish tank in my tummy.

Eating was good-actually, I only had my salad from OLE OLE and an Asian Pear-not hungry, does that surprise anyone??? Not after last night!!

Don't like that it's been 2 days I've not exercised-not good Hoping tomorrow I'll get back into the groove-another reason I need some beauty rest!

Gals, thanks for all the good wishes, I'm going to be just fine, just a lapse of judgement that I won't let happen again, or anytime too often at least. I don't like feeling as I did and I'll try to keep this in the forefront of my mind. After 2 years of being so SB LEGAL, I guess I'm entitled to a screw up once in a while- hey, at least I didn't have any bday cake at my nieces party on Sunday!

Well, my eyes are stinging so I'm heading off into the sunset. I don't know if I will be up for CHAT TONIGHT AT 9:15PM EST, but if I am, I'll surely get on the computer if it's free.

Please remember, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!! I wish you all wonderful luck with the metal monster - do I dare step into the pit???????

Toodles

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 05-07-2002, 05:46 PM   #63  

Co-worker says she puts a hard boiled egg in cottage cheese with mustard, salt and pepper. For you protein seekers..this may be for you.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:09 PM   #64  

JENN: I have a Hebb Trim Up treadmill. It is the kind that folds up when not in use. It still takes up a good bit of room, but at least it hugs the wall! I love it! It was not the cheapest one available, nor the most expensive, but I found good reviews on it on an exercise web site. I like having it since I am not the type that likes to go and walk around the neighborhood. With the treadmill, I have no excuses. If it is raining, I walk. If it is hot, I walk. I can use it at night when it is dark...etc. My husband hates it...he would rather go run in the office park near here. He likes to be out in the heat too. That is him... I find being able to do my walking in the privacy of my own bedroom very conducive to keeping at it. I am glad I invested in it.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:23 PM   #65  

Red face Not even a good lurker

Haven't even really lurked in several weeks. Have been back and forth to the beach twice and am trying to recover from that. Was to start week 1, challenge 2 of BFL this week but have not felt good. Dh came home from work today with the "Big D" so perhaps we have a little bug here.

Have continued to try to prep my living room for paint. Was on that @)#(*)@$* ladder this evening scraping the ceiling and spreading sheet rock mud until I ran out. Hope to have some color on those walls by bedtime Sun. My first Southern Living at Home party is here on the 19th and I have work to do! I also have to co-host Keeno on the 20th at a friend's house so I will lose time to that as well.

So now maybe y'all see why my time here has been nil of late. And speaking of late, I'm going to bed!

Hope all are well. Will check back again later in the week.

Take care,

PEACE,
FROG
Old 05-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #66  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OK GALS...AUNTIE BOB IS JUMPING ON THE PLANE TOMORROW MORNING EARLY!!!!

Hope everyone has had a good day and relaxing evening... I've been holding a precious bundle...but now he's gone to bed and I've already got one foot under the covers.

REAL QUICK...

Thanks to eveyone for all the congrats...Jay is pretty special...He's my FIRST GREAT NEPHEW, and my Mom's FIRST GREAT GRAND CHILD
My niece has been like my child since her Mother died when Cathy was 10 yrs old. We're pretty close, so this is a pretty darn #1 on the program kind of thing to me!!

SUSAN...Jay is not already signed the letter of intent , but a letter sweater is being fashioned as we speak!

I'm off to bed...I'll check in with you guys when I get home.

AUNTIE BOB
Old 05-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #67  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Tranquil How old is your son? I have a son who is 14 and a daughter who is 12.

Kimmy At my old Dr.'s office....his rule of thumb for weight was 100 lbs. for 5'0" and add 5lbs. for each inch over. SO
5'1=105
5'2=110
5'3=115
5'4=120
5'5=125
5'6=130
5'7=135
5'8=140.......etc. but Deb doesn't agree with his method!

Jack-k Good for you on your fish lunch. I have had similar experiences and I always feel so good that I tried something different....and liked it!

Beth-How often are you weighing? I noticed at the bottom of your signature your last weigh in was 4/17. Sorry your schedule is so crazy at work! Is there light at the end of the tunnel for a more normal shift in the future?

CountryMomI want you to know that I took the PAINS of downloading Yahoo IM, just so I could say "Hi" to you and you weren't even around!!!! Am I chopped liver or what? Don't tell me you do like Debbie does...and look like you're online, but really aren't!

QuivThat cottage cheese and egg combo sounds interesting...I'll have to try that out!

SOLSHINE WHERE ARE YOU?????? Are you still walking that 10 miles?

Well, I'm going to sign off.....see you dudettes soon!
Old 05-08-2002, 07:44 AM   #68  

Default WIW

Okay, here is the deal. I already told you about being 3 lbs up from that dinner on Friday. Then it seemed I was 2 lbs down. I don't understand all the ups and downs of it, but this morning I am weighing in at 166. I was tempted not to post but I thought I would be such a suck not to, just because I was up. The facts are the facts and as ugly as they are..they are! I was down to 163.5 there last week some time and I know I will get back there again in a few days, but the waiting is a drag! Such is life. Sometimes I am fine with the wait, then other times..after 66 lbs of losing...I just want to get there NOW! I am sure you all know what I mean..but wait we must!

Salsa/SGWW Pita Chips Thing

Quite a few people commented about my little snack idea so I thought I might give a few more details so you can replicate it more accurately. I just eyeballed it but I will put down what I think it was approximately.

I used a small glass dessert dish to make and eat it out of.
Place 1 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese in dish and nuke for 10 seconds.
Stir now soft cream cheese and add 1 Tbsp No Fat Sour Cream, stir until mixed.
Cover with a layer of Pace Salsa- I am guessing about 3 Tbsp.
Grate 1/2 oz LF Cheddar or LF Monteray Jack and sprinkle on top.

For the Pita: I cut it into triangles then made it crisp in the oven while I was putting the dip together. They were ready at the same time!

I tried that BF% site and was sad to see that it gave me a higher reading than others I have used. I have tried 3 now with my present stats and got 24%, 28% and 29.5%. I know the 24% is definitely too low but was hoping that the 28% was more accurate than the 29.5%!! I think that the Jiggle Factor is the most accurate for me and will go with that until I can get it professionally done, which won't be anytime too soon since I don't belong to a gym.

Okay, I gotta boot it because hubby is coming back and I only had a quick time to hop on here before his return!! Have a great WIW..even if you are like me and in denial!
Old 05-08-2002, 07:45 AM   #69  
Bustin' Buddy

HAPPY, HAPPY WIW!

Hope you all are having a good WIW. I was happy to see the scale at 244.5 this morning. I think last WIW I was at 250.5 - which was up 1.5 from the week before but things are all looking good now. I was gonna be really pissed if I didn't have something good happen this week being that I've been passing on all of those yummy goodies in the teacher's lounge this week! So, all I can say is - it was worth it - cause I had a really good WIW.

Hope all of you have a good day too!

Missy
284/244.5/170
Old 05-08-2002, 08:34 AM   #70  

Don't have time to write much have an appointment with my cardiologist this morning. Can't wait till he sees the weight I've lost..... And then jumped on the scales and didn't lose a pound this week. Thats okay because I've been doing so good and loseing so well it may be my body is adjusting.... Or water... Anyway... Hope you all do great... I'll be back this evening...
Old 05-08-2002, 08:41 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW Everyone.

Well for some unknown reason, the scale ws down 2 pounds. I think I go on and off at least 10-15 times. Guess I'll take it. Felt icky this a.m. and TOM is in force, drug my butt out of bed at 5:30 to work out. Forced myself to eat bf.

Enjoyed chat last nite. Not many participants. 4 of us. Then just Daramus and me chatted for a long time.

Off to Dr with DD to see if she needs surgery for her endomitriosis (sp). Need to find something to relieve her pain.
Vesnoid, How nice to have a friend go to the Y with you. Makes it so much easier and fun to. I make have to look into spinning. sounds like fun. Glad you are getting your kiln hooked up. Your stuff is really nice.

Nance, glad to see you are back to your old self. You made me laugh, as always. I would have to be 130 according to your chart. That would be great, but that's pushing things.

Country, When you get to 135 see how you feel and look and then decide if 125 is good for you. You might just be happy at 135.

Heartmom, Are you snacking on fruits, etc? If you are hungry 1 hour after you eat, you must not be eating enough. Talk to Deb. She can help you. Drink tons of water, that will help fill you up.

Beth, I'm so proud of yu. With your crazy schedule you are still hanging in there. Keep eating those veggies you can do it girl.

Country, liked your tip. I think rewarding yourself is a good idea. When I first started for every 10 ppounds I would buy something new. Started with pj's, purse, top. Now I need new clothes all the time but it is a good idea.

Jenn, How exciting getting your rings. I will have to look at them. I don't have any equipment at home (used to had bike, rowing machine, etc, but they were just dust collectors). Now I walk outside every day and I have a set of adjustable weights that I use for upper body. Eventually I may join a gym, but this works for now. On the pizza thing, just eat the toppings, no crust, along with a salad. Or do they have wings there? How about making your own? If you don't want to fool with making dough, use pita pockets, fill with sauce, pepperonies, mushrooms, etc. They are really good. Bake until heated, stuff with some cheese. YUM Plan ahead. There is always an alternative.

Frog, Glad you checked in, been wondering about you. Your house is going to look so nice when you get done. BTY I have been meaning to ask you if you have any pictures or directions for decorating a chair with netting or fabric. My DD saw one at the SL booth at the wedding expo and the chair was draped with material and had a metal flower pot hanging on the back. If you have some sort or directions or picture could you e-mail or fax it to me? My sister is going to try to make the chair covers for the wedding party. Thanks

Fruite, Is that 6#'s? Way to Go. It is worth it. Keep on truckin.

Have a good day all. Hope the scale is good to you.

Jackie
257/191 /145
10-10-01
Old 05-08-2002, 09:15 AM   #72  
Clay Girl

Default WIW

Howdy!

I am still at 154 or so. I don't care. Well, I do, but... I am hoping that after TOM, my weight will go down. I think I may be drinking too much cafeeine.

I did 45 min weight lifting last nite, than 15 minutes of swimming (1000 meters). I am now concentrating on this jiggly fat poctets lining my legst. Argh! Disguisting. I can't believe I let myself go this far before intervening. I always had nice legs - just haven't paid attention to them the last 5 years or so.

JACKIE - Spinning can be quite exhausting. I definitely recommend wearing a heart rate monitor. I need to take it easier as well, or find a way not to get sick afterwards.

Heartmom – Have you tried lowering your fat intake? Eggs are very fatty, and so is bacon. If I have an egg in the morning, I am usually fighting the fat all day long. You may want to consider a substitute, such as Better’n Eggs. I prefer this brand to the Egg beaters. Also, Popocorn is a NO-NO! If you must snack, snack on Triscuits, or even nuts. You can grill chicken breast, you can bake it in the oven with some sweet potatoes and onions. Stay away from corn, potatoes, bread, and anything that is highly refined. Chick peas are a good grain – no gluten, lots of phosphorus, potassium. They are also very filling. If you like Indian spices, you may want to look into their cuisine. Quite yummy and satisfying. Also - Try this refreshing salad: grind 1/2 cucumbers, add 1/2 cup yogurt, then tomatoes. If you like garlic, you can add it too. You can eat this with your chicken breast, and whole wheat pita. It is also very good added to any meal whatsoever. Very refreshing.

JENN – You rings looks gorgeous! As far as exercise equipment goes – I am not disciplined enough to do it at home. Before you quit the Gym, perhaps you should see if you would stick to exercise tapes, or something similar? Better that than spend the money on equipment that you won’t use. There are some on this board, though, who have the personal dedication to do it. Not me though, I need a major butt kicking.

Bye for now

Vesna
Old 05-08-2002, 09:16 AM   #73  
Child of God

Angry WIW....5/8

First of all.......
Congrats to the losers! Fruit, WTG on the major drop and the strong will power. That is really awesome! Jack-k....good going!

Gracious....
I know what you mean. Hang in there! You are doing fine. Our bodies go up and down a few pounds so naturally.....I know it really stincks. Stick to the plan and you will be back down in no time. Here is a question for you....how have your bowels been? A no brainer, but if they have not moved, that would explain the gain. That is a icky subject, but very valid when there has been a gain for no reason.

Chat was nice....like Jack-k said, just a few of us. I had to check out or I know I would not have exercised....and the Osbournes were coming on!!!
I did 4 miles on my bike and 110 sit-ups. I was quite pleased. I could have gone a little farther, but my show was coming on and I have a small t.v. in my room where my bike is, so I stopped at 4 miles.
Scales are the same as last week.......123. I actually have seen a brief 121, and quite a few 122.....but more 123 than anything.

I had asked this yesterday.....does anyone kknow of anyother sites that calculate body fat? Thanks!
Old 05-08-2002, 09:36 AM   #74  

Hi everyone,

Chat was nice last night. Well, Im down a pound this week to 187. My short-term goal is my 40 pound mark: 184

nance - Yes, I'm Greek-Orthodox, so that's why I have a delayed easter. It was fun growing up as a kid and having 2 easters (complete with baskets on both!) My parents didnt want me to miss out on the easter parties, etc., at school so they celebrated "amercian" easter with me, too.

fruitloupe - your friends band is very good! I wish them luck and success.

vesnoid - I mentioned on the last thread that your pottery is nice. Your new page is great as well. Keep it up!

Congrats to all the losers this WIW, and if you dodn't lose this week, your week WILL come! Just stick with it!

Bye for now
Old 05-08-2002, 09:39 AM   #75  

Angry I've been lurking

Well girls and guys.... It has been week since I have posted. I hope everyone is doing GREAT!!

Things here are little weird here. My daughter and hubby are having some problems. Keep them in your prayers. My parents who I lover very dearly are going to be moving in with us while their home is being built. But the good news is that I didn't gain any pounds this week. I am still at 157. That is a blessing since we celebrated Ed's b-day and my son and daughter in law were home this past weekend.

I have got to get to work. I will try to get in a post later today to everyone.

But if not, Congrats to all the loosers and hang in there if you didn't.

Until then...
Cyndi
168/157/135
Closed Thread