Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How will YOU determine when you've met your "goal" (weight)
By the number I personally chose on the scale 13 33.33%
By the number the Dr. chose for me 0 0%
By the number from a height and weight chart 1 2.56%
By being able to fit into a certain size clothing 4 10.26%
By the amount of body fat I have measured on me 1 2.56%
By the way I look at myself in the mirror 7 17.95%
By how others think/comment on the way I look 0 0%
By the way I feel, no set number 9 23.08%
Undecided at this time 3 7.69%
Other 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 04:57 PM   #181  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU WITH KIDLETS

I've had a busy day getting the junk room cleaned out. I've already got the curb full, and DEBBIE you would have a field day rooting around out there! If it ain't being used...it's outta here!

Aircondition people need to be able to move around in there to get up in the attic.
Got to finish up with my house cleaning before Wednesday. The Inspector General will be here on Thursday afternoon, then all the wedding stuff begins...

I fixed a yummy looking squash caserole and just took it out of the oven...I'll let you know.

Later

BOB
Old 05-12-2002, 05:33 PM   #182  

Default Sunday Evening

I ate it all!!!!The Mother'sd Day Brunch thing. But it was yummy...I would do it all over again too.

I planted some seeds this afternoon outside and replanted a couple of Tiny Tim Tomato plants. I also re-planted a tiny cedar globe shrub that I got at the Mother's Day Lunch today. I set them outside on my back step and the wretched chickens ate 85% of the leaves off the tomato plants! I was not a happy camper....made me consider making home-made chicken soup, if you know what I mean!

Toni- Thanks....it is a drag when people get you down. It is especially hard for me now because I moved away from where I lived my whole life to a totally different province on the other side of the country and so I don't have my friends and family to lean on...and of course hubby is gone at the time of the crisis!
Mother's Day must be lonely when all your kids are scattered across the country. They remembered you with gifts and cards so that must have been precious for you.
Do you heat using a wood stove or a fireplace? It says on those logs not to add anything else to the fire but I threw in a couple of logs along with it since the one firelog would never do much to heat our whole house.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:50 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Cool I've been so bad........

First, I hope everyone has enjoyed their Mother's Day. Now it is confession time. You guys wouldn't believe what I have eaten today. And the amounts of it. Burger King, cookies, cheesecake, cookies, cheesecake, cheesecake... Is there a pattern here I feel like I have been shot at and missed, but sh*t at and hit. Oh my stomach... Now I am going to have to be totally OP just so there might be a chance I can get some of this off by WIW.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:13 PM   #184  

Just hop back on the wagon with me tomorrow, heartmom.

Funny thing is, so many people say they feel terrible when they overdose on carbs and eat off plan...I don't feel that at all! I feel the guilt sure, but not the physically ill effects so many talk about. Perhaps that is to my detriment.

Oh well...tomorrow is another day, a new week, we shall begin the quest again!! And quite frankly...I suspect the wagon hopping will not just include you and me!
Old 05-12-2002, 07:33 PM   #185  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Exclamation

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

GRACIOUS....HEARTMOM....just get out by the wagon stop on the corner and wait for me...I've got a lot of picking up to do tomorrow...I'll be making a cross country swoop to get everyone...bring a cushion...that middle board can be awfully bumpy! You'll hear me rounding the bend...just listen for those beautiful strains of ROCKY TOP ...You'll know that's me coming

I'm off to recline...can't wait to see LA LAW REUNION...

Have any of you heard the singer LINDA EDER?? I'm watching her on BRAVO...she is great..check her out...

Later

BOB
Old 05-12-2002, 07:33 PM   #186  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening Everyone!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!!!! I wasn't able to get on the 'puter until now-was gone all day long and had a busy day yesterday.

Today my MOM, SISTER, LAUREN & I went shmizing (running) around up in Broward. Went to the indoor flea market where we walked around a bit and hit the produce area to get some goodies. It was so funny when we went to put our purchases in the car, with all the bags were were in the back of the van trying to figure out who's stuff would go where, what needed to get into the cooler, etc. etc. that a woman came up to us and told us how cute we sounded! We stopped at different stores thereafter, looking for food bargains along the way (people always wonder how I can live on less than $1500 a month-this is how, I'm a true shopper!!!). We went to lunch at OLE OLE (did you even think there would be anywhere else on our list???) and then hit a few more stores before heading home where I first dropped MOM off, then my SISTER and then picked up Michael at a friends house.

I have to confess, I ate a lot of crap today and I gave myself a license to do so with the understanding that tomorrow will be back OP 100%. I can honestly tell you, it felt different allowing myself to do so than when I go into a feeding frenzy. I didn't really eat much off plan, except for a piece of low fat cornbread I've been dying to try from WHOLE FOODS, which I have to say was phenominally delicious, but I ate a LOT of chocolate today-and some cookies - too much-but I'm okay with that as I know tomorrow, like I said, is back to the grindstone. From skimming through the posts today - it sure doesn't seem like I am alone with going off plan today - and I hope, come tomorrow, I won't be alone with jumping right back on the proverbial wagon!!!!

This past week, my exercise was the worst ever. Between not feeling well for a few days and then today and one other day not having the morning to go out, it was really dismal. Come tomorrow, that too will b back to normal, or at least I hope. ELI is closing the store tonight, so I will be hitting the bed early so I can get enough sleep and hopefully won't have the dragging feeling I've been having recently.

To top it off, TOM is due any minute, today is day 28 and counting, so not only did I scarf down a load of crap food, I'm bloated as heck. Having second thoughts of getting on the scale this week!!!

I have a ton of stuff to put away, phone calls to parents to remind them they are proctoring exams tomorrow, and just don't have the time to respond to all the posts individually. Actually, I think most of the posts this weekend were general, so if you will all forgive me, I think I will start anew tomorrow.

TONI, for SD, it's legal as long as it doesn't have a bunch of crap in it and falls under the 3gram of sugar rule. I personally try to eat more whole grain breads that pack in more fiber, SD usually doesn't have much, if any, and is higher in carbs-remember, the higher the fiber something has in it, it lowers the carb count.

Once again, I wish all of you who celebrate today in any way had a wonderful day - actually, I wish and hope EVERYONE had a wonderful day

I'll be on tomorrow morning to start the new weekly board. Of course, it's MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY tomorrow, so if you have any words of wisdom, quotes, etc., please try to post them tomorrow-I think we are going to need them, big time!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/123.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 05-12-2002, 07:48 PM   #187  

Confession time. Over ate way to many macadamem nuts. Hadn't eaten since breakfast so I kind of pigged out on them. Should have known better than to have them in the house. Well its over and the day is almost gone to. So tomorrow is a fresh day.... Hope all of you have had a Great Mothers Day..

Debelli- Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. And I think its wonderful to be able to choose to take a day off and not be so strick with your self about eating. That makes life much more enjoyable, and heck gal you earned it. One more question isn't sour dough made with refined flour? Just plain ole white flour?

Bob- Sounds like you're having a great lazy afternoon in the recliner... I took me a nap too....

Heartmom and Gracious- Monday is a whole new day.... Give us a break this is Mothers Day!!!

Nancemeister- sounds like you got a real keeper in Dan the man. Hope you have a great day out of the desert today...

Okay all till tomorrow, have a good night

230/191/130
Old 05-12-2002, 10:33 PM   #188  

Thumbs down HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

hi everybody,

hope you all had a great day. sarah organized a breakfast in bed for me today with jeff and dad's help. it was all op legal too!
the rest of the day was kind of lazy, took some flowers to my mother's grave then we drove jeff back to orlando. he is taking a class while he rehabs his knee on campus. we had a wonderful dinner at HOPS, grilled salmon and steaks, very good! except for a couple of cookies on the ride back home, i must say i did pretty well!

thank you to all who welcomed me back on the wagon, i need to stay focused and be patient.

have a great week!

chris
Old 05-13-2002, 06:18 AM   #189  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

It's a new week and the new weekly board is up and running - here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16202

SEE YOU THERE!!!

Closed Thread