Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 285/285/130

Hi Everyone,

I have been MIA all week, our school just finished the state program approval and it was horrible, but the good news it that it is over and we wont have to go through this for another 3 years. My eating has not been the best...I have never been good with stress, and I know I have to overcome this! Now that things have calmed down, I can go to the gym and be planned and organized with my meals and meal planning. Old habits are very hard to break. My goal is to be off all medicine for my diabetes....it's a long term goal, but that is my plan. I live in New Hampsire are we are due for a Nor 'Easter this weekend....I can't wait to go sledding!!! I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas!!! Have a wonderful night everyone!!
By the way, has anyone ever tried Zumba....it's a Latin Style Aerobics class...I go weekly and I love it....just wanted to spread the word...esp. for those who do not like to exercise....Zumba is a fun way to do it!!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #107  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I just got home from work. I swear these Doc's drag their feet on purpose!
I can't leave until the last patient has been seen for fear of them needing surgery....The other day I thought the Doc was kidding after he told me I could leave and then the patient he was seeing needed surgery! He wasn't a happy camper, but I appologized to him today and all is well!
Got my Christmas Bonus today...I didn't really expect one since I've only been there 7 months. It was greatly appreciated though. The head of the OP Surgery Center came up and gave my Partner and I a $25 gift card to PIER ONE...Wasn't expecting that either!

DONNA....Why not get yourself some TURKEY BACON...fix it in the microwave on paper towels...less grease that way, gets really crispy and it is yummy to boot! I buy the JENNY-O brand.

MOM...Never heard of that kind of aerobics. You'll have to tell us more about it!

TONI...I'll put the recipe on here sometime this weekend. So easy to make!
How were the roads last night? Did Steve have any trouble?

RAY....

MERCY...Hope you have a good one as well!

OK...WHERE'S MONET?????

I'm off to recline...I sent my movies back too late in the week to have them for the weekend....Now I'll have to watch regular TV!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 12-14-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #108  

Hey all!!! Good Saturday morning. I've put a corned beef in the crockpot. Steve got it out of the freezer last night and wanted me to make it today. So I will. Wish I had some cabbage but dang I'm out of veggies. I've got to go to our little market in town and see if I can get some. But of course that means the weather has to hold out. We've got a wintry mix weather report out today with some snow later on. Its the ice I'm worried about. Went to my neices colledge graduation yesterday. And eating was horrible. My sister had made a large buffet with every kind of mexican food on it. Salsa was the only healthy thing.

Donna- Hello its nice to see you posting. Welcome if I didn't already

Ray- Getting my mind set for the challange on Monday.

Bob- hey gal. Lucky you with a bonus and I would love to go to Pier One I haven't been there in years. Oh boy I love your recipes. Thank you. Now don't forget.

Mom- Its good things are settleing down and you can have more time to get your eating right.

Mercee- Watch it at the parties. Its so hard to eat right when theres tons of goodies around. I know....

Monet- How are you doing?

Well off to finish my coffee and hunt for something to eat.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #109  

RUNNING THROUGH THE ROOM!!!

Got my movies today!!

MEET THE FOCKERS (I've seen it before, but love it every time!)
THE NOTEBOOK (favorite of mine too...)
SPARK
REIGN OVER ME

TONI...I'll get that recipe to you on Sunday...I'm off to recline...Just took TIPPY out...there's a nice balmy breeze blowing out there..supposed to start storming....we need the rain bad...TIPPY'S allergies act up really bad when we don't have any...

TOMORROW CHICKS!!!

BOB
Old 12-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #110  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

TONI...Here's the recipe...I'm going to do the whole thing just as though your were going to make LASAGNA...When we want SKETTY , I just make the sauce part.

KATE'S LASAGNA

1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (brown, drain)
Put into a sauce pan and add:

1 TBS sweet basil
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 large onion (chopped)
1/2 tsp oregano

ADD:
1 small can tomato paste
1 large can tomato sauce plus 1 can water
1 large can crushed tomatoes
Salt to taste
2 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp black pepper
(if you're making lasagna, wait and add parsley to ricotta mixture)

Bring to a gentle boil and then simmer for 1 hr stirring occasionally.

1 lb ricotta cheese
4-5 eggs beaten
Combine and beat the two ingredients above

9 lasagna noodles
2 lbs mozzarella cheese (shredded or thin sliced)

Spread a layer of sauce in the bottom of a deep pan
layer noodles, then alternate until the pan is full but ending with sauce.

sauce
noodles
ricotta mixture
mozzarella cheese

When completed, cover with parmasean (sp?) cheese and bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes to 1 hr. Make sure it's bubbly but not dry.

Let set for about 45 min then slice and serve! YUMMY!!

ENJOY!!

BOB
Old 12-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #111  

Oh my gosh Bob thank you so much. This recipe looks so good. I've got to make it. Yum....... It really looks easy to do.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #112  

We've got snow. Only about an inch but we've got the first snow of the season. I love it. Only thing it mostly came at night and I didn't get to watch it fall. Hopefully we're going to test our little Ford Ranger today. We bought a four wheel drive last summer after we totaled our car out hitting a deer. So this is the first winter with a truck. We also have a four wheel drive scout. Eating has been bad but guess my mind knows Monday I'm doing a challage. Maybe this is what I've been needing to get me going back on eating right. I sure haven't been doing well. This is our lazy day. So things are slow here right now. Hopefully we get our carpet laid and guttering down next week. And then we can put our house back together.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #113  

Hi Toni,

What challenge are you doing? I feel like I need something like that to get back on track!! It's interesting....in 2001 when I was eating the Sugar Busters way, I never felt so good...why on earth is it taking me so long to get back on track!! It is snowing like crazy here....and the Patroits are WINNING.....again
Old 12-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #114  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftwinboys View Post
....and the Patroits are WINNING.....again
I'm a Bills fan. And we're LOSING again.

Just popping in to say hi during a commercial! We're supposed to get an additional 15 inches of snow overnight!! You all know how much I love snow...especially on my day off!!

Okay...commercial is over (watching Bills game)...will be back later on.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #115  

Mom- Ray of Light is starting one Monday. So you're just in time. Do your best and i think they're going to write down what they eat. So your timing is perfect.

Tech- Howdy ho gal. Wow 15 inches of snow.

Be back later.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #116  

Thanks Toni!!
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #117  
Addicted to potato salad!

Bob: Christmas Bonuses!! I love those! I'll have to give myself one

Toni: Oh, my Gosh, how I love corned beef...and I'm not the least bit Irish. But I do love it! Any more snow?

Mom: Well, now that you've established yourself as a Patriots fan ( )...I'm glad for you that they won and will keep my opinion about Marcia Brady to myself until we get to know each other better I've been a Bills fan since I was little, so my MOST disliked team is the Dolphins...who I've been enjoying watch lose all year...after many, many, MANY Sundays destroyed by them pouncing on us for decades. Some people may feel sorry for them, but my resentment runs deep. How's the snow falling over there in New Hampshire?

Monet and Solly and everyone else that hasn't posted in a few days.

Tonight we had beef Souvlakis for dinner on WW pitas. So good.

OUr 'snowstorm' seems to have peetered out. They were calling for Thundersnow...which I LOVE...and now it's been downgraded to flurries. Problem happened when my husband went out and snowblowed the driveway and then dusted off the truck and put up the wipers, took the garbage to the road and, basically, prepared for the thick snow...so the snow gods saw we were prepared and went elsewhere. That means no snow day.

Okay...have to run. Kyle's in the tub and needs to get out and dried off for bed.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #118  

Sorry I have been MIA! My internet connection would not work on Friday...network problems that Tom finally fixed today...but in addition we went to his mom's for the weekend, so I was gone. We had a good trip and a nice visit with her. We went out to dinner Saturday night and I got broiled fish and shimp, but succumbed to the fried oysters! The rest of the weekend eating was not TOO bad...

I will be on tomorrow morning and hopefully back to 'normal' - whatever THAT is!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #119  

Morning ladies!!

Wow I missed alot during the weekend what a chatty bunch. My foot is feeling much better. I really had fun at the Christmas parties this weekend and I managed not to be tooo bad with eating.

Bob - I think I will make your lasagne recipe for dinner tonight I will use whole grain pasta noodles. It sounds good.

Howdy to Solly, Ray, Toni, Monet,Techwife and Mom I will try to check in later.

I had oatmeal and an orange for breakfast . For lunch I am having pinto beans and a salad and dinner Bob's lasagne.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see so many replies.

My weekend was good. Whenever I can spend time with my girls, it is good. We shopped all day Sat for the family we adopted. we sept $180 ove rwhat we had. Oh well, that is what the season is all about. I wish I could be ther when these boys open their gifts. Yesterday, we spent the entire day baking. I mean the en tire day. My house is covered with cookies, candies, etc.

No time for replies, I apologize. Our office Christmas party is tomorrow and I have lots to prepare before then. I will not be here at all tomorrow. I will check in as much as I can t his week ,but I have to get ready for my vacation so I will have lots to do here. I will be off the 3 days after Christmas.

Oh, my colonoscpy turned out fine. It really was nothing. They did say come back in 3-4 years for a repeat b/c they could not get a clear picture. Guess I really am full of s**t.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread