Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Support - December 2007

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #2  

Morning! I went to a show opening last night and had a blast. I bought a bowl and will have my morning oatmeal out of it. It is fun having other potters' work- especially if you know them!

I sold my nesting bowls on Etsy last night, so I am happy! I slept ok, and my foot hurts from standing so long last night, but I plan on working in the garagio most of the day, so I feel upbeat!

We are into the holiday season, lets make it the best one ever for staying on plan!

Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Just wanted to wish EVERYONE and ON PLAN MONTH!! It will be hard with the Holidays, but WE CAN DO IT!!!!

MONET....Heard from Susan today, but she hasn't replied to my reply to her.
Told her we missed her around here. I'll let you know when I hear back from her! I'd say she will drop in at some point. Glad you sold your "nesting bowls" ....Keep at it...you'll be FAMOUS before you know it!
[/COLOR]

GO VOLS!!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 12-01-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #4  
Julie

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello to everyone... this diet seems like such a healthy way of living, dieting and eating that will also work for my family. My current diet has me spending hundreds of dollars of each month on supplements, drinks, bars etc. Do you find this diet to be inexpensive, easy to stick to when you are out of the house / eating out at restaurants. If anyone could please give me some information how it all works or if there are any websites, what is your success.

Thank you for the help! Julie
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #5  

Hi Julie! I find Sugarbusters to be very easy to follow at home and away. It is very healthy, and sensible. It is based on the glycemic index and you basically avoid high glycemic foods, like white flour, white sugar, white rice, white potatoes, corn, pineapple.... You are allowed to have 100% whole grains, like whole wheat bread, brown rice, and sweet potatoes are ok. When eating out, I find I can stick to plan if I just think a bit and make wise choices. For instance, at a steak place, I will ask for steamed vegetables instead of a baked potato, though at times I will get a sweet potato and ask for the butter on the side. Fast food can be a bit of a challenge, but some places are not offering whole grain buns, etc. You can always carry your own and put a burger on it instead. I will throw away at least half the bun in pinch, only using it to keep my fingers clean! My family has eaten essentially the same things I do for years. My kids are all grown now, and the two that still live at home will buy their own junk food, since I don't buy the stuff. It is hard at times having it in the house, but I am not too bad about it, since I tell myself it belongs to them! I highly recommend reading the book so you understand the program. It is easy though. The only counting you have to do is to check the grams of sugar in processed foods and make sure it is less than 3 grams per serving, and count 3 or less servings of starchy carbs each day. If you have any questions, or anything, ask away.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #6  
Julie

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Monet, thank you for your input... do you lose significatn weight on the Sugar Busters if you adhere to the eating? Is there an induction period? Is the book just called Sugar Busters ? I have another 20 to go...

I did lose close to 20 lbs, but the plan I am currently on is just getting to expensive and I really don't want to have to place huge orders each month. This sounds easy and healthier for the family. I would appreciate any menus or further reading until I can get a hold of the book. Would like to start NOW.

Thanks again!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #7  

{{{{{{{{{{{WELCOME JULIE}}}}}}}}}}

Please stick around with us. We're so glad to have you! I'm in Sarasota, where in SW FLA are you?

ONWARD AND UPWARD VOLS 7
LSU 3

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 12-01-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #8  

DANGIT!!!

Missy's team won...VERY good game!!!

BOB
(:
Old 12-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #9  
VR

In need of an update.... My last visit to the SB board was Sept 2003.
I see a few names that I recognize but I'm curious about Deb.. Debelli the Moderator back in 2003. Is she no longer on the board? Does anyone keep in touch? How is she? What a whirlwind.. enjoyed her posts so much. Hope all is well with everyone.. I plan to back for much needed support.

Thanks..
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #10  

JULIE: Go check out the recipes, etc. Basically, to get started watch that any processed foods have less than 3 grams of sugar per serving, eat 100% whole grains, and do NOT eat corn, white flour, white rice, white potatoes. If you plan some menus including foods you like, we will all critique them for you.

VR: No, Debelli is no longer on the board. She has not posted for several years now. I think BOB was in touch with her for a while, so you could ask her. Welcome back.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #11  

Good Sunday morning. Gee Dec. 1st snuck up on me. I've got to go Christmas shopping next week. All is fine here in this mixed up mess of a place. We went grocery shopping yesterday and got stocked in. It was so busy and they had so many special things out for the holidays. I'm not doing well on my eating I've got to get back on track.

Monet - So happy you sold your nesting bowls. How cool that you're doing good with your pottery.

VR- Welcome back so glad you're here.

Bob- Hows work going? Watched any good movies?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #12  

Julie- Welcome to Sugar Busters. This is a great board with lots of support and the plan is a great life style. Ask lots of questions.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #13  

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

I've calmed down from last night and today is the start of the CHRISTMAS SEASON for me. I've been to the grocery, picked up a perscription and now I'm ready to start my laundry.

TONI...I watched a movie last night that I laughed uncontrolably all the way through. "I NOW PRONOUCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY" with Adam Sandler and Kevin James. I swear, it was the best comedy I've seen in a while. With all you're going through, you need to see this movie. How are you feeling today?

VR...WELCOME BACK...It will be good to see you back on the board. Debbie left the board a couple of years ago without notice to any of us. I kept in touch with her for a while, but not now. She and ELI still live in Miami, her Son is about to graduate from YALE, her Daughter is now in college, and I can't remember where Lauren is going, but is studying DRAMA.
How have you been? You'll have to fill us in...GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!

MONET...GEORGIA IS GETTING SCREWED OUT OF THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP....The BCS is picking LSU and I'm sure that even MISSY would tell you, that's not right. THEM DAWGS will still get a good bowl bid as will TENNESSEE so all is not lost.

JACKIE...DID YOU SEE THE VOLS TOSS THE GAME AWAY???? Just wasn't meant to be. I see THE CATS lost their game Saturday...not good....

OK EVERYONE...I'm off to start the washer...I'll check back in later.

BOB
Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #14  

Hello! I spent a lot of time in the garagio today. I am working furiously to get all my Christmas presents done as well as the special orders I have. I am hoping to have all Tom's family's presents done by December 14 when we are going to visit his mother.

I will be back tomorrow! Time for bed! Sweet dreams!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Ladies

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy. Sat, we painted the garage. Now I like to start something and be done with it immediately. I thought this was going to be a 2 hr job. Ha. We had to move everything out, clean the walls, trim and then paint, then move everything back. I think we got most of it back last night about 6:00. I quit about 2 Sat and did some shopping. Yesterday we shopped a little after church, but then I came home and started cleaning. Then to the grocery and then to dinner. Weekends should be one more day.

Toni, I'm so sorry you are still feeling bad. I know those things can linger forever. My DH's did. His were quite painful. How is the house coming? What is the estimated completion date?

Bob, That was a tough game. I really thought the Vols were going to pull it off. Just like I thought the Cats would. I was torn on who to pull for. So DH was pulling for LSU, so I pulled for the Vols. (sorry Missy). I think LSU belongs in the BSC game, but not Ohio State. Their schedule is not tough enough. We are contemplating on going to the Music City Bowl.

Monet, glad you sold your nesting bowl. Pretty soon you will have you own little thriving business going. You won't be able to keep up.

VR. I was here in 2003 but under the name Jack-K. I think I remember you. Welcome back.

Ramswife, This is a great group and a great WOE. I lost 105 lbs on this WOE. Lost 8 the first week. It is so simple to follow. Not expensive except I think fruit is expensive. I'm sure not as expensvie as buying all that prepared foods. Ask away any questions. Someone will have an answer. Give us your menues for awhile and we will help you.

My Bf today will be a ww mini bagel with cream cheese (lite) & coffee.
Snack: a banana. Bananas are not legel, but I take so many diuretics, I have to eat one a day.
Lunch will be salami, cheese and trisquits and a tangerine.
Dinner; ww spagetti and a salad.

Better get busy, I have tons of filing to do. Anyone want to help?
Closed Thread