Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Got my points in heaven. The party wasn't actually that bad. Food was good. DH had 3 plates full. She had already been out to get food and back in her room by the time we got there. We walked down to the lobby and just as we got there the carollers were breaking up. We talked awhile and headed home.

Tonight is my DD's last class. She actually has another semester of student teaching, but that will just be her job. At least she doesn't have to go out at night to school and weekends. This is her 2nd Masters. I think she is finished, finally. Bring on the grandbabies.

Tonight we are going shopping for the family we adopted. That should be fun.

Toni, was it warm there yesterday? It was 74 here. A little cooler today, but I am sick of this rain, 2 more days of it too.

Monet, your pieces are beautiful. I love the vase. There is nothing better than something made with your own hands to cherish.

Ray, We belong to a gym too. We usually get there 3 nights. My DD has a trainer so I follow behind her and do her stuff.

Mercee, has your son deceided on a college yet? We put up our tree the week before Thanksgiving. I will be ready to take it down right after Christmas.

Got to run help the boss figure out a problem. That should be fun! Have a great day
Old 12-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #77  

Morning! I slept like a log last night. My blood sugar was not as bad as it has been, but still not good. We did go for a walk last night before dinner, but could not go far as the stupid cats were following us. They were not safe in the road, so we walked up and down our street so they were closer to home. Next time, I want to lock them up first. grrr.

Thanks for the kind works about the pottery. The vase is for my mother in law, and I hope she likes it. She is not very appreciative of handmade stuff though.

I need to pack and ship a few gifts today, and perhaps fire the kiln. I may wait though.

I will be back later!

SOLLY: Just wait! You are going to LOVE being a grandmother. Sounds like the party was not too big of a party afterall, eh?

Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #78  

Hey Monet - your pottery is amazing!! Can you post more pics just for fun? The vase and flowers look so complicated....lucky recipients!!

I am wondering: I would like to do a challenge and that is: no overeating and eating ONLY 3 solid meals a day. I have checked around and there is a group for everything but I feel a little established here and supported. What do you guys think? If I checked in could you help support me by posting your comments???

Ray xo
Old 12-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #79  

RAY: Do you want to do a challenge on the forum here for the Sugarbusters group? Or am I not catching what you are trying to say? If you want to do a challenge here, please go for it! I would join in. I tend to snack more than I need to, and it would be good for me. Thank you for the compliment on my work. I have been a potter for a long time, just was not working for a while and got back into it about a year ago. I really do love it. My avatar is a set of angel ornaments I made too. I can post more pictures...I will have to look for some.

Last edited by Ellen; 12-12-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #80  

Hi Monet,

Yes I was thinking of doing the daily check-in's concerning the details of my challenge here because not eating sugar is what I'm about.

So o.k. good I will do that. So starting Monday I will begin logging something like this:

No sugar
3 meals
NO SNACKS
yay me for Monday etc. or whatever I put......

Can you think of something else Monet? and yes of course join in - the more the stronger!!!

Yes - your pottery pieces do not look amateur, that's for sure.

Ray xo
Old 12-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #81  

Morning ladies!

Monet - what beautiful work it looks amazing!

Solly - My son has not decided yet he is being recruited by a few colleges. He is a great football player. He has a few visits after break then he will decide.

Ray - I think a challenge would be fun although I always have to have a snack to keep my blood sugars steady.( or they will get to low) .

Toni - Maybe we should figure out hoe to get on Monet's Christmas list. LOL
Well I better get back to work. I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Mercee; 12-12-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #82  

Hi Mercee,

Yes I understand about the blood sugar thingie - but state whatever your very own challenge would be - maybe it's portion size, maybe it's fat content, etc.

Ray xo
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #83  

Help......see my signature? where it sez 191 and then my goal weight of 130 and then under it it sez 3 lb lost.....well I want it to read 189 - like the number of pounds but when I go and edit my signature I can't seem to do it...does anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

Ray
Old 12-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #84  

Howdy all... Its raining buckets here and they're saying snow for Friday and Saturday. We're supposed to go out of town to my nieces graduation from colledge Friday. So I'm praying its not to bad. I've got to get something to eat, I'm starving.

Ray- Sorry I don't know how to help with the signature. I always have so much trouble getting it all straightened out. The challage sounds good. I'll be sure and join in.

Mercee- Howdy.....

Monet- sounds like you're still really busy. Glad you slept good.

Solly- It was about 60 here yesterday. But its raining like crazy here now. Hope you don't get all this nasty weather.

Well I'm off to eat. Missed breakfast and need food!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #85  

See Toni - I want my signature to read like yours - you show 213 then 189 and then your goal weight of 140....

We are 1 pound apart I weigh 188 but it doesn't show???

Ray

Last edited by Ray of Light; 12-12-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #86  

RAY: I am not sure why it is not showing. Perhaps it is because the slider is too close to the start weight...literally...and there is not enough space. I will go look at the trackers and see if I can figure anything out for you. Is there some where in there that you decide whether or not to show your current weight? Hmmm....
Old 12-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #87  

RAY: I looked at it. On the first page, did you put in your start, current and goal weights? If you did it should show it. If it is not showing it and you did that, it may just be as I said, the program doesn't have room to write it in there and once the slider moves further from the start it will show.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #88  

hahahah ok the Monet - that will be my first GOAL - is to get my slider to MOVE

Ray
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #89  

I feel like screaming,

arrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaa aahhhhhh

Thank you, Ray xo
Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #90  

Oh my gosh a sugar busters fit.... Keep working on it.
Closed Thread