Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy St. Nick's Day.

My stockings are filled. Not without incident though. I did not have anything for my DH's stocking. I wanted to get him a new American flag. I ran up to Meijers before work. Of course I was going 100 MPH and I had on new boots. I started to slip and caught myself. Then I as I was racing down the store, I slipped, turned my ankle and fell to the floor. No one was around. I pulled myself up by the boxes on display. Limped to the back to get my flag. By this time I am shaking and burning up. I have a not on my knee and my foot hurts. Most importantly, I skinned the toe of my new boots. I did tell someone that I fell and they needed to put out signs about the floor being slick. They were buffing them and I think that and my shoes being new, caused me to fall. Great way to start your day.

Today is my babiy's birthday. 25 years old. I can't believe it. I guess we will go out for Mexican tonight and then Sunday my other DD & SIL will go to a nice dinner somewhere to celebrate.

Toni, it is cold and windy here today. I hate it already. I do believe it is supposed to be in the 60's this weekend, but rainy. I agree with Monet, get some cornbread while you are out and enjoy it and be done with it. Denial is our worst enemy. Moderation is our friend.

Bob, have fun at your party. A buffet is a great idea. Rudy is fine. He loves to put everything underneath my tree. My tree skirt is al over my family room. I am leaving my packages downstairs until Christmas day b/c I am afraid he would chew them while we are gone. Getting his first haircut this weekend. I bought some cornmeal but the directions seemed like a lot of work. I like Jiffy.

Monet, you were probably so wound up when you went to bed. You were most likely still thinking about all the things you have to do when you got in bed. Hope you get lots done today. Take a nap.

Nancy, How are you today?

Better try to get something accomplished here. I hate when you day starts off bad. Have a great day
Old 12-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #32  

Good morning you all. Sitting here with my coffee looking out the window and yee gads its only 25 out. Brr..... I need to get my lazy butt out of the chair and go wrapped my box for a little soldier in my Scott's platoon that needs some Christmas cheer. I've got to get it off today. Then off to get a couple of things in the next town. I forgot a gift.

Solly- You poor thing I hope you're alright. That sounds terrible. And to skin your boot on top of everything. DH's stocking is the hardest to fill. I never can think of anything to put in and I'm always looking.

Monet- Hope you get everything done. And enjoy it as well. Take a nap today.....

Okay I'm off to wrap.....
Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #33  

Greetings!

I use to post here years ago when Debelli was the moderator. I recently reread sugarbusters the 2003 edition and would like to post here again. I use to post under the name Mercy. I just started doing sugarbuster again yesterday and plan to cointinue. I remember a few of the names from before. I know this is a great broad and I'm Back. LOL I've tried the weight watchers core but in my opinion Sugarbusters is better.

Last edited by Mercee; 12-06-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #34  

Mercee, Welcome back to the board. I think I remember you. Glad you came back. We're kind of slow now but of course thats what happens durning the holidays. Things will pick up soon.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #35  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Well, the cold weather is gone again and the humidity is back up!
Another busy day at work, but I'd rather it be busy than slow. My day just flies when that happens.

JACKIE...I'm sorry you fell, but I JUST LOVE THAT MEIJERS!!! When Cathy lived in L'ville, y'all must have lived really close together. She was off of OLD HENRY ROAD. I wish you had filled out those papers...I would have demanded it...
Now, about the cornmeal...I'm afraid that I didn't say SELF RISING CORNMEAL MIX (either Three Rivers or Martha White) I bet you bought the kind that's not self rising. Bite the bullet and next time you're at the store, pick up a small bag. If you don't have a black skillet, use a 9x13 pan. Put some cooking oil in which ever and get the pan hot. Usually while it's heating up (and I mean hot enough to sizzle when you pour in the batter) I mix up my batter. Pour it in the pan and into the oven (425) and bake about 30 mins. Make sure it's really good and brown on top and don't make it too thick (or it won't get done). Serve with your PINTO'S or VEGGIE SOUP or with what ever you've fixed for supper...OH MY GAWD....it's good!

MONET...I didn't know that James came home that much. Is he in NJ all the time now? Give him a big ole BIRTHDAY HUG from his AUNTIE'S here on the board!
HOW'S THAT LITTLE TWO LEGGER doing? Christmas will be so fun with him this year!

TONI...That's so nice of you to remember someone who need CHEER! Did you get anything done today?

MERCY...WELCOME BACK!! Now stay put!

I'm off to fix some supper...

BOB
Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #36  

Darn two days after Thanksgiving I got a hold of some sugar. Since then I've been eating horrible. Send the wagon I need it bad. I need veggies. I started to go out today and it started sleeting so I stayed in. We're supposed to get that ugly ice tonight and I'll tell ya my deck is slick.

Bob- Hope you have a good evening. I have no idea whats for dinner but it better be healthy for me.

Have a good evening all....
Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Hey ya'll--

I got the new edition of Sugar Busters! earlier this week, but have yet to really read it in depth.

I heard from a fellow moderator that The Rosedale Diet follows Sugar Busters to a certain point... I finished reading that book.

Does anyone know of any cookbooks that follow "The Rosedale Diet" plan closely? (I noticed Sugar Busters has their own recipe book available for review/purchase).

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #38  

Morning! I am up early. I am such a good wife...I just made Tom some espresso. Of course I made myself some too!

I have to unload the kiln today, and I am hoping that the special order mugs are awesome! Then I need to load and fire a bisque. So much to do! But I seem to be doing a lot, so I am feeling pretty good about it.

Last night I had THREE sales on Etsy! One was for three items too! I was pretty excited. Unfortunately, that means I have to go to the post office! I can do it today though, now that I moved all my thrown plates off the hood of my car.

MERCEE: Welcome back! It is good to see you again. As Toni said, the board is extraordinarily slow right now, but should pick up a bit after the New Year. I grew up in Oak Park, by the way. Got snow yet?

SOLLY: I hope you are not sore from your fall! Be careful!

TONI: How are your shingles doing? Better? Get off that sugar! You know you will feel better if you do!

BOB: That is exactly the way I make cornbread! Except I flip it for a few minutes to brown the top a bit. Learned from my mother in law, so it is traditional southern! And me a yankee from Chicago!

TEA: I have no idea if Rosedale has a cookbook. You might want to do a search on the internet and see. As for Sugarbusters, there are tons of recipes on the recipe board on here for it....
Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #39  

Morning all!!
I am glad to be back on the boards. I have a question is it okay to have cornbread? I thought it was not allowed.( I still eat it sometimes) I make beans all the time. I make my cornbread the same way as BOB my parents were from the south. Sometimes my kids ask me to make Jiffy (they like it because it is sweet).

Bob- I will stay put this time.
Monet- I have lived in the south suburbs all my life. My husband is from Chicago the northside. I have friends in Oak Park it is a beautiful place. We have snow about 3 inches and are expecting sleet and snow tomorrow. That's Chicago!
Toni - Get back on the wagon!!! I hate when I fall off.

Well ladies I hope everyone has wonderful day!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #40  

MERCEE: No, corn is still not allowed, but if you remember BOB, you remember she is just incorrigible on these things! I think we all agreed that is it better to occasionally have some then pine for it then fall off the wagon big time over it. That said, I am a diabetic and I check my blood sugar regularly. I find that wheat raises my blood sugar levels more than corn. A friend of mine, who is also a diabetic, is the opposite. Wheat doesn't bother him at all, but corn makes his levels skyrocket! It is an individual thing.

Last edited by Ellen; 12-07-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #41  

Good morning guys,

...sometimes I miss it, like really miss and want some following a sugarless dinner or something. I would just really like to follow through on something that I believe to be true for gawd's sake!!!

I am compensating though by eating more FAT which I understand has the same effects on your blood sugar levels as sugar.....!!!! One step at a time......

You guys sound nice and friendly. I belonged to another website and got kicked off because I always posted about how happy I was not eating sugar. Apparently this was step 6 of "her" program and I wasn't focused enough on "her" step 1 or 2 for that matter. She accused me of having my own "program." It was a very awful experience. And expensive. So I'm glad to be here and I'm even gladder to be off of sugar.

nancy xo
Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #42  

Happy Friday Ladies,

I'm sure glad it is Friday. My foot is quite sore. It is swollen. I can walk, with a limp. I am trying to keep it propped up.

Tomorrow, My DD is having a birthday party for herself at our house. Since they don't get going until 11 and I would be going to bed, we are staying at a motel. One of her friends works for the Marriott and got me a comp room. So we are going to try to go shopping on some downtown streets and then go to church and eat and then we have to go back home and pick up the dog and take him with us. I will sneak him in in my doggie purse. I guess they don't want us at the house as much as I don't want to be there. Although my DH would probably love it. It loves talking to the guys from grade school days.

So I have to get up, clean some, get my hair colored and cut, clean some more and hopefully leave. No since cleaning too much as I am sure we will have to do it again Sunday.

Toni, I hate filling men's stockings. I never know what to use. I normally buy some cologne for my DH, socks. This year I bought a 4way screw driver for him and my SIL. I ususally do some food gift cards for my SIL. Stay warm.

Mercee, Welcome back. I do remember you. I used to be under the name Jack-K. I agree SB is the best WOE. I have been doing WW with my DD's and like SB much better. I have always used Jiffy cornbread. I love it. I guess b/c it is sweet.

Tea, There are plenty of recipes here. Don't know anything about the Rosedale Diet.

Monet, Wow, 3 items is awesome. Just in time too. Hope your mugs turned out. I had to laugh about the plates being on your car hood.

Bob, look what we have started. Now everyone wants cornbread!!. I love busy days too, if I am idle, I want to eat. That is a different Meijers. Mine is on Hurstbourne Lane. Close to Bardstown Road.

Guess I had better get some work done here. Have a great day and a great weekend. Talk to you Monday.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #43  

Nancy,
We wer posting at the same time. I have joined other support boards and have not found one as nice as this one. I have belonged here over 5 years. I have even met some of the ladies. Getting off sugar is a good feeling. You won't beleive how much better you feel.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #44  

Hahahahahah my dancing carrot cracks me up!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #45  

Hey Solly,

Good to meet you!!!!!!!! How long have you been off of sugar. I have never been off it this long - Since August 2 and had ice cream 3 times and that's it for gawd's sake.

I love that you have actually met some from here. Do you know that I don't know of ANY real live people in or around my life who don't eat sugar EXCEPT last week I meet a woman in another department who doesn't eat any sugar, bread, chicken now, pasta, rice etc.....I love it!!!

nancy xo
Closed Thread