Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Do you have a kitchen/food scale?
Yes, but I don't use it 12 42.86%
Yes, a digital/electric one that I do use 3 10.71%
Yes, a dial one that I do use 2 7.14%
No, don't have one but plan on getting one 4 14.29%
No, don't have one and don't plan on getting one 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 10:44 AM   #121  
Mel

Default Saturday

Good Morning! Just a quickie before I hit the shower. Got in my Sprints and intervals minus the dog this morning, I don't think I can train her to do that. She can gallop all out far longer than I can, and doesn't want to stop once she gets started. Then I retrieved her much to her relief and we did our usual 3 miles of walking. I have a day off from lifting, so that's it for today!

Nascar and Darasmus- Frankferd Farms still has agave, I got a case of light cucamanga brand last week. Do a search for their website- I think it's frankferdfarm.com, but not positive. They are in Western Pa, so the shipping may be high for you, but as of last week, they did have it.

Nascar- Cleo and I walk or jog in the road, on the right hand side, so that when she is on my left, she can't get to the grass, woods, etc. I also use a prong chain, which I've only had to pull on once or twice in 7 years, but she knows it's there, and behaves super! I got smug about it a few months ago a tried to walk her with a flat collar and she knew it and was all over the place. At first when the teacher in the doggie training classes suggested the prong chain, I thought it was horribly cruel and didn't want to use it, but it really is much more humane than yanking constantly on the dog, using a choke chain, or not exercising them at all. There was a study mentioned in "Dog Fancy" mag a month or so back that had been done in England on autopsied animals which showed that the least amount of tissue damage was on dogs that had been routinely walked on prong chains rather than any other kind. Also, remember my dog is 65 pounds and training was a necessity. We went through about 5 sessions of obedience and a couple of agility training courses. You can't just pick up a 65 pound dog if they are bothering someone!

Beth- Sounds like you had a good trip to the HFS. Just one word of caution- I'd use those SF candies and chocolate very sparingly. You won't get over the cravings if you use a lot of artificial sweeteners, and some people find it stalls their weightloss. Other get stomach/intestinal problems from them. LOL about the flour- I've made an almond carob bar with it (recipe on the back of "sunspire" unsweetener carob chips). Very good for an ocassional treat. I wrap them individual in saran wrap and freeze them so I don't eat them all at once As for tighter clothes, are you exercising ? My jeans seem tighter the day after I lift. Also in mid-cycle(TOM).

Viv- sounds like your life is crazy as usual. Good luck on the job search next week. Network! Network!

Frog- You are the bargain Queen! What did your friend say about November? I like the clothing exchange idea. I just hope by October or November I won't need the bigger sizes again . I know I posted this to you on one of those disappearing post days, and its a little late now, but I read an article saying that glutamine supplements were being used to prevent post-marathon upper-respiratory infections with some sucess. Maybe next time? Hope kitty is fine.

Outa here,

mel
Old 01-26-2002, 11:20 AM   #122  

Woohoo!! Another SB-legal day! Well, I survived the restaurant last night. After 8 hours of serving delicious pastas and gourmet pizzas, I was starving! So, after we closed, my manager went in the kitchen and fixed me the biggest, most delicious grilled chicken salad I've ever eaten! I haven't gotten into a good walking routine yet (because it hurts my back soo bad right now!), but I borrowed one of those pedometer things from a friend, and wore it at work last night. Over the course of that 8 hour shift, I walked/ran over 6 miles! Unfortunately, I have the blisters to remind me!
I hope everyone's having a great weekend! I'm off to shower and then back to the restaurant for what will hopefully be a slow Saturday lunch shift.
Just so y'all know (because I really think people don't know this), servers make $2.13 an hour. And they tax that. A lot. Our income is dependent on our tips. So next time you're out, tip your waitress. We appreciate it more than you know!

Stacy
Old 01-26-2002, 12:01 PM   #123  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Saturday Morning!

This will be quick as my basketball game comeon in 5 or so minutes. But the day always seems to go a bit better if I come here and spend some time with my SB friends!

It looks like the board was busy yesterday and this morning!

Welcome to our newcomers! You've found a great and supportive site.

I made blueberry muffins this morning and they were tasty. I made enough to have some a couple more mornings this week. For those of you interested in the recipe it is on the August recipe board! Muffins are one of the things I miss most. Actually, one of the very few things I really miss at all.

I'm going to be printing donor cards for the banquet while I have the ball game on. I have to do 350 (total attending is now up to 322). Then I get to work on the seating charts. I think If I work all afternoon, I'm going to treat myself to a movie. Perhaps the Royal Tannenbaums. I'll let you know if I actually get to see it!

Got to go--time for the ball game.

Susan
300/238/150
July 10, 2000
Old 01-26-2002, 07:08 PM   #124  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...I went to the film festival that is held here yearly..We saw THE DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND...the storey of AMISH CHILDREN and how they have to grow up. They are "set free" at age 16 and have until they "find themselves" to decide whether or not to join the church and be Baptized. There was actually part of the documentary that was shot here in Sarasota. If you see it at your movie rental place, you won't be sorry if you get it..

BETH...I had to laugh when I read about your candy...GO LIGHTLY is the name of the stuff we give out patients at the hospital who have to "clean out" before surgery....so BE CAREFUL when you eat that stuff....

VIV...Girl you are just as busy or MAYBE MORE than before you were unemployed! You're going to have to go back to work just to get some rest!!!

SUSAN....How can you keep focused to do those cards during a ballgame? Did you get to see the two football games this afternoon? I got home to see the ending of one and then the SR BOWL...Tickle little Belle for me...

LAURIE...Good to hear from you...WAY TO GO on having the nerve to do the computer dating thingy...We have still got to get together...Keep up posted on your new social life!!!

MEL...I sure hope the numbers are straight...wouldn't that be something...if the DR got them mixed up and I was right all along??? I'll have to ask one of the nurses at the hospital to read my results for me...now I'm curious!!!

NASCAR....You know...next time I'm in Atlanta at my cousins, I need to give you a call so we can get together...Now, don't ask me when that will be, but I'll let you know...

OK...WHERE IS THE FEARLESS LEADER????? DEB???? ARE YOU THERE????

HAM...Don't you worry...I always tip...Glad you could join us..

OK GALS...I'M OFF TO LURK IN OTHER PLACES....I'LL CHECK IN LATER!!!

BOB
Old 01-26-2002, 07:24 PM   #125  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Well, I've warmed up the fingers and I'm ready to type-gosh knows when I'll get this all done, but at least I'm ready to rock-n-roll!

Not much at the garage sales today-just a few items, didn't spend much at all-it has it's good and bad I guess.

I had what I'd consider a RUDE AWAKENING I think deep down I knew, but not until I saw it in black and white did it wake me up. I'll explain...

You all know I have no willpower when it comes to SB LEGAL DESSERTS. Yesterday, I made the CRUSTLESS CHEESECAKE recipe of mine and ate a bit over 3/4 of the cake. I knew even before I made it I was setting myself up for BIG TROUBLE. I know how I am and just knew I was going to eat more than what would be considered a serving-and of course, I did just that. We won't talk about the other food I had during the day, but as I mentioned, I started the day out with a scone (and it was the last one I'll be buying, as you'll find out as you read on). Anyhow, last night, I got an e-mail from WHOLE FOODS with the nutritional information for the scones-I wish this info would of come a few weeks ago when I discovered them! Each 3.8oz scone has 330 calories 17 grams of fat 10 of those saturdated 37 carbs (only good thing about them was the 1gr. of sugar) I knew deep down inside that they had to have higher calories and fats than something I would personally make, but never imagined this bad. I found myself on some days eating 3 of them, if that was the only thing I ate during the day I'd of still gone over my fat grams by 19grams! Well, this was certainly an eye-opener for me-but the damage from all of the ones I had already consumed was done. Maybe this is one of the reasons I'd been feeling funky (and farty too). THEN, last night, I made another CHEESECAKE cause the family was pissed at me that I ate the other one. Luckily, I made it late last night where it had to sit overnight in the fridge to set (otherwise, gosh knows I would of probably attacked this one as well) AND, I had weighed the information I got about the scones heavily in my mind. This morning, I figured out just how many calories/fats/carbs, etc was in the entire cake and what it would come out to be per serving if I divided the cake up in 8 portions. Once again, and eye-opener, each 2.9oz slice has 210 calories, 14 grams of fat, carbs and protein are okay. BUT, just thinking about what I ate in the way of fats yesterday got me sick (wish the cake would of done that to me).

With having the information of both of these foods, I sat down and wondered WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING???? I know eating a whole cheesecake is NOT normal-why do I have control when it comes to snubbing my nose at non-SB foods, and have none with SB goodies? Obviously, I either have to learn how to control myself or just not have this stuff in the house. I haven't seen the scale inch downward like it should, and the reason why is right there in front of me, on my face-smack dab above my chin-it's my mouth.

So today, I decided I have to get a grip on this problem, and it is a problem. I had one piece of cheesecake, weighed it out and swore I wouldn't touch another piece. Just knowing it's in the fridge is bothersome, but I have to get over this and winthis batter.

I can see where things happened slowly along the way. I didn't have any type of "treats" for a good 10 months when I started SB and then when I found the Carbolite, it was a once-a-week treat, then became twice a week as we hit Broward 2 times a week. When I found it closer to home (yet not as good), it was getting to be almost daily. I went from having a "treat" once in a while to having treats daily, sometimes more than 1 a day-could be up to 4. Yes, they are all SB LEGAL, but not where it should of been a daily occurance.

SHEANN, are you sure you're eating enough food? From what you posted, I'd guess you weren't. Don't worry about the Wendy's fiasco, tomorrow's another day. I'm not big on pasta, but the longer you cook it the higher the GI is, but you really should try to stick to the WW. Rye bread is fine, just have to make sure it's not packed with tons of refined stuff.

BETH, like SHEANN, I think you too aren't eating enough, and may be causing those cravings. I have a board called FAVORITE FOODS where I list some of the name brand foods I've bought. Look at the first post and you should see the link there, just click on it. There's information on the FOOD INFORMATION BOARD about rice, ww, etc. definitely check it out, maybe of some help. Isn't it amazing to see all the crap in foods when you start reading the labels! Don't let this WOE drive you nuts, it's not an exact science and not hard to follow at all. I'm sure there's something in your feeling your clothes are getting tighter, surely it's hormonal, or psycho-sematic! Don't worry, I'm sure you're losing, not gaining. Just remember, you won't always HAVE to stay away from smashed potatoes, just for a short period of time-and by the time you decide you can have them, you'll probably not want them. Do you like sweet potatoes? You could make sweet mashed potatoes. Some people make a mock mash potatoe using cauliflower, but I guess for a true conissuer, it may not do. I use to only eat white ones, now, I wouldn't dream of eating them, I've learned to love the sweet potatoes. Did you get AUNT GUSSIES biscotti's-if so, they are delicious! Caffeine is okay, but just use in moderation. I personally cut out all soda and crystal light June 2000, so I only drink water, and on occasion, tea or cranberry juice.

MEL, I'm sure your butt will be in a 4 one day soon-you're much more athletic and fit than I am. Hey, technically, I didn't even try on the 4's, so I don't know if I really could, just those size 6's I tried on were big-maybe another size 6 would be tight-womens sizes, you never know how they're made! I have to confess, I too still look at large size clothing and still wear some that's entirely too big for me! IB is INTERNATIONAL BACCLAUREATE (I know I spelled that wrong!). It's a very intense program and the kids earn a diploma for completing it. I recently found out that Michael can get a free scholarship to any state college if he completes his diploma-not sure if he'd use it. There are IB school all over the world and they all use the same standards. Honestly, I don't know everything about it, he's still pre-IB, but as of Feb 6th, I should know more-all the parents of kids going into 11th have to meet with the head of the magnet program so they understand what's involved as they enter the IB PROGRAM.

BUSDEB, glad to see you back-you've been missed! I'm glad to see you're back OP and ready to tackle those last few pounds-happier to hear you didn't gain anything. Any idea what made you fall off the wagon? Whatever, just glad you're back with us now. You NEVER know, you think my butt thought it would ever see a size 4 pair of pants-nope! Never thought I'd see a size 14 pair of pants at one point!

FILLISE, I can totally understand on having a bad day being OP-seems I've had a few lately myself. I'm sure your banquet will be wonderful, esp. since you were the one to pick the food choices-helping everyone eat some healthier food is an added plus to the event, I'm sure.

FROG, you know I wouldn't think anything about what you said in a negative way. As I mentioned before, it is definitely a option if someone wants to post their stats, many people do, but not consistently. I know it's a pain, but I try to do so each and every post to show others where I've been, where I am and where I wanted to be originally. Of course, not everyone is comfortable with doing this, and it's totally up to them if they want to participate. Hey, with those M&M's, thank goodness they were peanut ones-lower GI, peanuts curbed the chocolate. I can relate-as you can tell from my above post! Only thing is, I don't have the PMS to blame for doing it! How was kitty when you went to get her? Have you seen the beachouse friend-any news? It's been hotter than heck here-this is suppose to be the coolest time of year and all week we've been in the 80's with very high humidity-sucks! Definitely puts a damper on the walking/jogging. If this is any indication of what type of summer we're going to have, we're going to be in big trouble and I can see where my jogging is going to be back to walking more. Hopefully with mid-terms over I'll be able to steal the computer on Tuesday for chat-Michael is usually good about it, but of course, if he has homework, it MUST come first.

JRED, seems y'all in Texas went from warm to cold and we in FL went the opposite direction. What this SugarBusters pistolettes you mentioned? Tell, tell please! I use the same bread, Natures Own SF, luckily we have a Flowers Outlet close by where I can buy it for .69 a loaf-otherwise the stores sell it for $2.19-$2.39-kills me if I have to buy it at that price! Congrats on passing up on those cakes-a feeling of control!!!

ROSALIE, had no idea LINDT even made a 80% cocoa bar! From what you posted about badminton, you are getting in about an hour and a half worth of playtime-most definintely you're getting in that exercise! I haven't played that since I was a kid

BIGK, glad to hear you had a good time at BUNKO and the cheesecake was a hit! Did you tell them what it was made with beforehand, or after? CONGRATS to your daughter for selling so many cookies-how could they bother you that much-they're already sold, so you can't eat them-just think, how would you replace them for those soles just dying for thin mints and do-see-dos!

MELF, just remember, you hit your goal, but give yourself a cushion to stay in between-I haven't hit my low again and don't know if I will or not. I'm just glad (esp. with all the crap I've been eating) to stay between my cushion. ROSALIE is coming to FL and I'd like to go see her and the other gals, hence the March get together. In Oct, or around there, FROG is trying to get a beach house in NC that sleeps 36 so we can all try to get together-hope you could come to it if the plans work out!

BOB, are you dyslexic? Thank goodness you read those numbers wrong! Glad to hear you heard from MISSY-hope she gets back on the board soon!

SEF, hope you are feeling better. I'm writing this off line so haven't had the chance to look up info on your "problem" but just in thinking I'd say that the lifting could of made this problem worse-they tell you not to strain when you have hems, so maybe you were straining to list the weights-not sure-definitely not my line of expertise! I'm sure one of the nurses on the board could answer you better.

KAREN, enjoy yourself at your Mom's bday tomorrow-tell her Happy Birthday too.

LDBLOND, glad to see you back! Was wondering what was going on with you and how you were feeling. My gosh, you lost 10lbs during all of this-I would say CONGRATS, but not under the circumstances you lost it under. NANCE is definitely back-not as much on here as I'd like to see her butt be, but back and I'm happy. You two have to get a lunch date together once you're feeling better!

QUILTER, will check on that board and see what's going on with it-thanks for the heads up. Which cookie recipe were you talking about that was good? Hmmm, maybe you SHOULDN'T tell me in light of what I've been woofing down lately. You had me laughing at the thought of you jumping on the counter top and yelling for all shoppers to hear-hey, WHEN you get to goal, I want you to do just that!

PRAVDA, glad to hear your Dr. appt went well and the numbers are doing better. I'd be happy to try and help you with your food intake if you need-if you feel you aren't eating enough, then most likely, you aren't.

HAM, definitely hard working in a restaurant. We use to own a pizzeria and having the food handy makes it hard. Esp. when we sold desserts, one which was HAAGEN DAZ ICE CREAM! I could grab a pint whenever I wanted! I was an emotional eater as well. I can tell you from my standpoint that when I went on SB I lost the desire to eat emotionally-I believe it really has something to do with the sugars and refined products that we have in our systems. I hope you will try to take a picture of you in your MG dress-how did you do with trying dresses on? My daughter LOVES O-Town you should see her bedroom, most of her NSYNC posters were replaced with O-TOWN posters! BUT, she says there's no NICK in O-TOWN, but in BSB there is. You sound like you have a great job. So you were an IB student! Then when I write about Michael's homework, you fully understand how it takes presidence over everything else. He's got a full load this year, taking all AP courses, I believe. I can't keep up with all that he has going on-but luckily, I don't really have to keep after him on doing his work, he's pretty good at doing it on his own without my prodding.

THUNDER, chili cheese fries-sounds delish, never had it. Oh well, you're entitled to have them-just chalk it up to weird cravings from being prego! So the baby will be born August 28th? I chose to have Michael on the 27th-just under the wire for the deadline for school

LAMAP, how exciting to go out on a date! CONGRATS! I hope it went well and he's a nice guy. Good for you! Don't know if you were lurking, but we had a great time at our SB GET TOGHETHER earlier this month-wish you could of joined us-you do have another chance on MARCH 8th& 9th, going to Orlando to meet everyone cause ROSALIE'S coming from Cananda-would love to meet with you too!

DARAMUS, WELCOME TO THE BOARD you are a brave sole! We've had a couple men venture on the board, but they never stick around long enough to learn that we are a great bunch of women who would never make anyone, male or female, feel out of place. Of course, we may sometimes speak about more feminine issues than you care to know about, but hey, this is us and after 2 years, we aren't going to change-so you can love us just the way we are and we will welcome you and the insight you may bring to the board Congrats on getting your agave syrup-once it's gone-it's gone!!!!

Okay, I know I'm not done, but I have to end this for now, Eli's due home soon and we have to run to take Lauren to Tom's. I'll get more done tomorrow. Pardon me if I didn't get to respond to everyone-I'll get caught up soon!

Toodles

Debbie
194/123/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #126  

Default Today's Food Journal

Well, it's about 6pm and I am done eating for the night! Today was not a normal day for me as I was feeling rather lazy and didn't really feel like fixing anything that took longer than 5 minutes. Well, here it is:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 small breakfast steaks, 1 piece of SGWW w/ butter

Snack: 7 low-sodium triscuits w "lite" cream cheese, 2 small dill pickles

Dinner: 2 hamburger patties each with a slice of no-fat ceddar cheese, 3/4 can of green beens

I usually drink 2 cups of coffee /w milk and agave, but I have already had 3 cups today and I'm thinking about having a 4th lol. I've had about 4 12oz glasses of water so far, and I plan to have another 4 glasses before I go to bed. My doc told me to aim for around 2k calories a day, but I don't think I made it today.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #127  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default WOWZERS!!!

Wellllll... the first news is.. I went to my mom's today and she and I had both been to the doctor on Wednesday of this week. She got on the scale and said it said 2 pounds lighter than the doctor (she's not dieting, so we're assuming it was the scale)... well.. I got on and the scale said *drumroll please* 195!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.. so if I add the 2 pounds.. that is still an 8 pound loss since weighing 205 at the doc's office just wednesday! I'm sure some is water, but some has to be fat! No matter how "off" the scale may be, I'm SURE I am finally under the 200 mark which was my first goal of all goals!! I knew I'd feel so happy when the scale said under 200 because it hasn't since before I got pregnant with my son almost 6 years ago!
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As for the goodies and candies.. I haven't even eaten any of them. I think knowing I have them if I need them is enough for me right now. I know that if I get really weak, I have something I can have. I haven't touched any of it.
Yes the Biscotti are Aunt Gussies!! I'm glad they're delicious.. I haven't eaten one of them yet.. I got the Almond kind...

As for the carbolite... I've never been much of a chocolate lover. I love dark chocolate, but I can only eat about one of those little "hershey's miniatures" and it's enough... I'm more of a cake junkie. Any good moist cake recipes that are sb legal?

Thanks for all the support... I guess I need to change my CW on my SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!

Started SB 1/20/02 at 205... on 1/26/02 I'm at 197!!!
(But these dang jeans still feel tight... I think it's all the veggies and a little bloating!!)
Old 01-26-2002, 09:09 PM   #128  

Thumbs down carrot question?

hi everyone,

it is saturday eve and i am pooped. just finished a cooking marathon after working 6 hours today in the recovery room. i am on call until 7AM monday. anyway back to my cooking, i have made crunchy pea salad that i found on one of the boards(very good, lots of vegies) legal spaghetti sauce for tomorrow, Deb's cheesecake (i am addicted, it is wonderful, superb, yummy, delish,extraordinary, spectacular i could go on and on) and the zucchini loaf that we had at the orlando get together. my question is what is the story on carrots in baking? i had made the loaf for a breakfast at work for last friday morning and neglected to check to see if there were any zucchini in the fridge, so i substituted shredded carrots. it turned out very good but now i am afraid it was not sb legal. i did use just zucchini today and i am not really sure which one i like better! anybody know about the carrots?

watched football this afternoon in between cleaning up all my kitchen mess. it was good to see the gators, seminoles and the UCF knights all playing so nice together. Team Florida gave them (Team USA )quite a spanking. never did see the end of the senior bowl that played in mobile, the south were looking pretty good.

Ham- was the boy band guy Nick of 98 degrees? my nine year old is a fan of them and NSYNC.

must go for now and get to bed, never know when the phone will ring and i will need to go to work. will try not to dream about cheesecake or girl scout cookies. what were the do si does? they have a bunch of new ones now, give me the thin mints anytime but NOT while i am on this great WOE. oh, i almost forgot, i think it was fillise who said i should measure to see results if i was not losing on the scale, well a: i found out that one of the girls in the preop area where the scale is at work tried to recalibrate the scale so it is inaccurate! and b: i am in a different size short than what i thought i was!!!!!! the weather as deb said has been hot and yucky so i changed into shorts when i got home today and i had to go into my closet of many sizes to find a pair that fit! so i guess i am doing better than i thought! YEAH FOR ME!

hope everyone is having a great weekend!
welcome daramus, glad to have a guy on the board!

chris
(am not ready to post the weights just yet)
Old 01-26-2002, 10:14 PM   #129  

HEY HAM....I can vouch for all the O-TOWN posters in LAURENS room...when I was chained up in the.DETOX DUNGEON...oops, I mean visiting Debbie, I slept in Lauren's room and I felt every set of those eyeballs..It's like she contracted them to make sure I wasn't sneaking into the kitchen after lights out!!!

DEB...by any chance do you know of a site (besides fit day) where I can plan meals with counts listed?
I hate it when you're off program...It's almost like loosing your donkey on the way to the bottom of the GRAND CANYON!!! I'm backing the wagon out right now...let me get the horses hooked up and I'll be on down to pick you up...

BETH...Aren't those AUNT GUSSIE'S the bomb??? Debbie MADE me buy some when I was in Miami...I got some of every kind in the store...they are all good, but the biscotti is my fav! Congrats on the loss...Mine was only a pound but it sure did make me beam!!!

DARAMUS...Sorry, I addressed you as a GAL earlier...Hope you can stick around for a while...we're a pretty good bunch, can get pretty direct when we're feeling fiesty...BUT I'm sure you will survive..

BKM....get some rest...sounds like you're POOPED!!!

Well....I'm off to recline...NIGHTY NITE

BOB
Old 01-26-2002, 10:28 PM   #130  

OOPS.....I almost forgot....Missy is having surgery on Valentines Day...they are going to try and clear up her endometriosis once and for all..if everything goes as planned, they can do it without having to open her up. She is hoping that is the way it will go, but the possibility of doing the open is great as the endometriosis has settled in her lower back. I'll keep you all updated..She is hoping that she can get back on the board before then.

BOB
Old 01-26-2002, 10:58 PM   #131  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation Good Evening

WOW! I go MIA for a few days and the board is hopping!

I haven't had time to catch up, only skimmed the posts a bit.

WELCOME to all the new faces! This is a wonderful bunch. DARAMUS it will be great to get a guy's point of view.

MELIRIS Thanks so much for posting the ingredients of the protein powder. We went browsing at stores today (GNC included). I had previously bought one by Jamieson--Called "Slimdown High Protein Shake". It's carb free. It says "protein derived from defatted soy protein and milk protein-sodium caseinate...Also contains a balanced and complete matrix of naturally occurring amino acids...Other ingredients: Lecithin, natural coconut and vanilla flavor" Sounds simple enough, but I just can't get past the texture or something. Added some to Deb's smoothie and had to dump it. I think I've gotten DH onto BFL and he usually doesn't eat breakfast, so he was interested in the protein drink too.

FROG If you're interested in Body for Life, please do read the book. I had only skimmed it when I had it on loan from the library and when I decided I thought I might try it, I got more infor from the internet. I thought that would be enough. I picked up the book for half price earlier this week, and as I'm reading it thru, I say to myself--"oooohhhhh! That's how that works. I see, that makes sense now". The book can be vague at times but really does give more info than just the stuff on the BFL website. You can also read here for more info: www.hussman.org/fitness/bfl.htm

BOB Glad your numbers are a lot better than you first thought! Forget the wagon-just send a horse to drag me to exercise!!!

NICE TO SEE some MIAs have come back!

The weather here is beautiful. Supposed to be 52 F tomorrow but supposed to go down to around 20 F on Thursday!

My exercise has been NIL! Of course I'm using the excuse of the cold that made me use the inhaler just to breath doing regular stuff, let alone exercise. I think it's pretty much cleared up now. Gonna start the BFL exercise routine on Monday. I'm almost finished the book and found out a few more things I didn't know and it helped me tweak the weight routines. I was doing them a bit wrong--nothing that would hurt me, just not to BFL plan.

I've got DH really interested in BFL too--so this gives me a kick in the seat to move said seat. Don't want him getting buff without me!

Eating has been pretty good. Been staying more than 80% SB legal most days and actually had 2 perfect days (the days I posted to the board---hmmmm-maybe I should journal more often ). BFL eating is a little stricter. I'm not sure I want to eat that strict. My eating goal for the 12 week challenge is to eat better the SB way. I think I can lose a lot of fat and inches eating SB if I get my butt in gear!

Water is going great, but I think I have a bladder the size of a walnut! Many trips to the loo!

It's about an hour past my bedtime, but I just had to checkin. I feel better when I keep in touch with my SB family.

Night Night All!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:17 PM   #132  

We’re having a beautiful weekend here. Hope y’all are too. I was down a pound this morning and the feeling I had seeing that new number was like a ton being lifted off my shoulders. I can’t believe just one little pound could do that. The stall was becoming very frustrating. Now I hope to continue on down.

Deb: The pisolettes are whole wheat, SugarBusters brand. I keep them in the freezer because of the short shelf life of WW. One roll is almost too much and they are really good. I’m a creature of habit, shop at one grocery store on a regular basis and go to Wal Mart if I need something I know won’t be at Brookshire’s, so I don’t know how easy to come by the pistolettes are. But they are at Wal Mart in Rockwall, TX!

Viv: Good luck on the job hunting. And just what do you do on E-bay?

Mel: You are really sounding upbeat on your posts. How’s DD at school? My DS is back into the swing of it. They had a long weekend for MLK and went to western Maryland skiing. A little town called Dallas. That’s hilarious to me because we live right outside of the real Dallas! lol

Hamsm: Welcome to the board. I hear ya on the tips. I always tip at least 15% and my DH and I will tip 20 if the service is good.

Fillise: Good luck with the banquet. Thanks for the muffin recipe reminder. I’m going to finally try out some of the sweets. I’ve been very cautious until now but have really been craving some kind of cake.

Daramus: Welcome to the board. Hope you hang around to give us your perspective of things.

Lara: I hope your surgery recovery will be quick. Congrats on the poundage but as was said earlier, I’m sorry you had to lose it that way.

Zanne: Are you feeling better yet? Are you and your DS passing this thing to each other? They say once you get a virus, you don’t get it again, there’s just that many of the little buggers around to keep the drug companies in the black!

Rhroo: Are you climbing out of that funk, yet? Hope you feel better really soon. I’ll send some of this Texas sunshine your way!

Melf: Congrats on reaching your goal! Way to go! And your list was right on track. It made me stop and think about how much better I feel after 5 months and the reasons I started this WOE. Thanks.

Sef: Hope you’re feeling better, too. Seems we have several who need better days on this board right now. Be careful with those workouts so you don’t keep having sit down problems!

Frog: I never heard about thunder in winter and snow in ten days. I did hear a fellow teacher say once that 3 fogs in August means snow sometime. Living my whole life in the south makes me wish for snow. But I want it to snow only on the weekend so we don’t miss school. Our makeup days are before and after Easter and I want those days this year. We don’t have another break until Memorial Day and the kids will drive us crazy by then!

Sol: We need to give you another name, like Marathon Mama!! Way to go on your times. You’ll be up there with Frog before we know it.

Lamap: Congrats on the big step of dating again. I can imagine how scary that would be. Hope you have a good time!

Beth: Welcome. My brother and sil live in Huntsville. They just finished a new house and I think it’s on the east side of town. But it’s been about 10 years since I’ve been to Huntsville so I’m not sure exactly where.

Nascar: I know what you mean about the water, I can really tell when my body hasn’t had enough. Walking: that’s something I should do but just can’t get up and out the door. I can’t even get my butt on the elliptical machine behind my love seat! It does take discipline to exercise and I admire all of you who have it.

BKM: I have several friends who have bunko parties but I’ve never been to one. My girls have been to a couple and they think the game is boring. They haven’t learned that it’s the company you keep that’s important. Girl Scout cookies are coming and I had to buy some from 2 of my students. My family loves them and luckily, I have been able to keep my hands away from all the other sweets my family keeps in the house. I have been going through the same thing with a plateau for the last month. That pound loss this morning was a great thing, even if it was a little thing. As WW says: That’s four sticks of butter!

Pravda: This welcome is late, but it’s heartfelt. We live in the same neck of the woods. Howdy!

For those I missed, take care and keep on losing!

Take care,
Jeanie
196/168/130
Old 01-26-2002, 11:29 PM   #133  

Hi everyone!
Well I'm having an un-SB weekend. My son turned 6 on Friday and we took him to Kobe Steak House. It was wonderful, I ordered sirloin steak. But with that they give you the following: veggies (which were good, and I'm not a veggie person-maybe my tastes are changing!), spaghetti, rice, potatoes, soup, salad. I ate all the soup & salad, some veggies, a little spaghett and rice, no potato. Then they came out with a little ice cream cake and sang- I tasted a small taste of cake - coffee flavor- not worth cheating for, so didn't have any. Then today, had a hair appointment changed my hair color from frosted (light) to a color called cherry cola - OMG, it is dark!!!! Went out to lunch and had a turkey, bacon, swiss on wheat toast and iced tea. Then had 15 people tonite for supper for the boy's "adult" family party. I ordered pizza and ate a couple of pieces- I did however order 2 of them extra thin, extra cheese, so they were pretty thin crust! And tomorrow is the kids party at the skating rink - pizza and hot dogs. So come Monday, its back on the wagon for me!!! I'm ok with it though, because I knew this weekend would be a cheat weekend - and I'm still not eating sugar - I served a small birthday cake (store bought) and a cheesecake tonite. I tasted the cheesecake only - did not eat a piece of either. So really this is a big accomplishment. Ok enough of that!
I like Splenda. Should I try and find agave syrup?? Would I like it better? Is it better for me? Has anyone ever tried any of the Keto stuff from Life Services? I bought some biscotti from them, it's ok if you're desperate but if you all know of a better one, where can I find it? Aunt Gusse's??? I haven't checked out the recipe board yet - I should though. But like others, if I have it and it tastes sweet, sometimes I can not stop.
I am jealous of Deb, having a size 6 to big! The other day at work these two little q-tip's with hair were standing outside my office and one said to the other one "Kathleen, can you wear a size 6?" Kathleen said "yes." So then she said, "oh I have a dress for you thats to big on me." So I turned to another girl (who is not a skinny minny) and said to her, oh Joni, can you wear a size 16, because I have a dress that's a little loose on me! Oh, if I could ever say a size 6 was too big on me!!! It would only be if I'd been in a coma and tube fed for 6 months! And I don't think that's the way to do it! Oh well- a size 12 would be nice! Currently in 14's (but I'm only 5'2). Ok well enough for now. Have a great day everyone!!! Keep on losing!
Sue
Old 01-27-2002, 08:01 AM   #134  

Default Sunday

Good Morning Everyone!

Daramus thanks for the info and Merlis! I will search after this for the agave! I want to try that "sinful" SB cheesecake!

Merlis - I have a halter I use on Buffey, I will try the middle of the road for her. She is usually pretty good.

Bob - I look forward to a visit with you!

Ham - Congrads on the 8 lbs loss!

jred - I know what you are talking about, I walked for 3 yrs faithfully on TM 7 days a week, then one day tried to be he-woman and lift a large rock, (I live on a hilly rock! we call it bedrock here! ) and hurt my back! I was off it for several months and then became lazy and finally got back on it a year later! So hoping to stick with it! It definately helps with the energy level and loss of weight!

Ok, has anyone had their hubby ask how much they weigh? This really bothers me. My hubby is a sweet guy and a stick! 5'10 150 pounds! He's rail thin size 30 waist. Anyway it really bothers me and he was picking at me last night wanting me to get on the scale and it got next to me. I told him I only weigh on wed AM's and that is something private. I know he was just kidding around, but I don't want him to know that I am that much heavier than him. I think he will probably flip out. My body is such that I am actually heavier than I look. It's that TOM so you know how irritable we can get Just curious as to what ya'll have done if this has ever popped up! I have never been a thin gal, my lowest weight ever was when I was 26 and I weighed 130 and was a size 8. This was after I did the physicians weight loss. I know that at my age I may never see that again! My metabolism is a turtle.

Well better check out the recipe board! Everyone have a great weekend what's left of it!

began SB 10/01
178.5/178/140
mini goal 160 by 4/14
Old 01-27-2002, 08:50 AM   #135  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking Morning All

Have a couple of minutes while I wait for the coffee to drip!

I heard about the agave last night and with shipping and the $5 processing fee, it still works out cheaper than what I've been getting at the HFS, so I'll call and order tomorrow. ROSALIE--I sent you a PM in regards to that

BOB you must have posted about Missy while I was typing last night. Not sure if I know her, but pass along my good thoughts anyway. I hope her surgery is a big success. I've heard endo can be quite awful.

JRED Congrats on the pound down It's great to see the little needle stop a little sooner than we thought it would. I think I'm finally getting over this cold. I think it's the same virus, just changed a little when it's been in all the other munchies in DS's class DS seems to be throwing them quicker, so hopefully I won't be catching them as quickly!

HAPPY Your UN-SB weekend sounds like you're doing very well! You used restraint and only had a wee taste. Good for you!

NASCAR When my DH asked me, I'd tell him "More than you!". Fortunately I can now say he weighs more than me, but not by much--I still don't tell him exactly what the scale says.

I'm sure someone has probably posted while I've been typing!

HELLO to EVERYONE! Make it a GREAT SB day!
Closed Thread