Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Do you have a kitchen/food scale?
Yes, but I don't use it 12 42.86%
Yes, a digital/electric one that I do use 3 10.71%
Yes, a dial one that I do use 2 7.14%
No, don't have one but plan on getting one 4 14.29%
No, don't have one and don't plan on getting one 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 10:07 PM   #46  

APB issued for DEB.

Last seen, well, NOT AT CHAT!!

Missed ya chick!
Old 01-22-2002, 10:28 PM   #47  

Default Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have not desserted, even though I have not been able to post the last couple of weeks. I really miss everyone.

Things have really been hectic here with the work on my house & doing overtime at work. I just seem to get home & collapse.

The work on the house is now complete. I have an L shaped porch around the east & south side of the house & finally have a carport! The cement will have to be done later when the weather is warmer & dryer, but I can wait for that. We did a good foundation of limestone. I can now get in & out of the house without getting wet when it rains & no more ice on the windshield when it's cold.

Have been sticting to this WOE though. As a matter a fact!!!

I reached Goal today!!! First time to hit 135!

It's funny cause when people see me that I haven't seen in a long time they always ask if I've been sick. I always so no, I'm feeling great. I do have more energy most of the time. I don't plan to change anything about the way I'm eating, just keep at it the same way. If I can, which I'm sure I can, I'd like to loose a few more lbs.

I really need to figure my BMI. Last year at this time it was 29. Anything over 25 is considered unhealthy. My weight has been showing in the healthy zone on Fitday.com for a while now, but it's still more than I'd like. OK< I just found the formula & figured it out. My BMI is now 23.17

OK, that makes me happy. Well, I've rambled enough. Time to get to bed. Got to work another 12 hr shift tomorrow & it's late. See ya'll!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:44 PM   #48  
Goddess

Red face Tuesday evening

Mary, please let me be the first to say

CONGRATULATIONSON REACHING YOUR GOAL!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOO! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Susan!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:44 PM   #49  

I completely forgot about chat tonight.

Debbie: I just have to say that there are no words to describe how wonderful your spinach quiche turned out. I could have eaten the whole thing (I didn't thought). Mom loved it too.

Had a great day with the grand kids. My granddaughter is 10 months old. She has just started this thing where she will get something she isn't supposed to have and show it to me. Then when I say to bring it to Nana, she laughs and runs. My grandson (4 years) cried because he didn't want to go home. He wanted to stay here. He thinks he should stay at Nana's every night.

Well, guess I had best get to bed.

Take care everyone. Hope WIW is great for all.

Sheann
287/282.5/150
Old 01-22-2002, 11:47 PM   #50  

Forgot something.

CONGRATULATIONS MARY on reaching your goal!!!

Parisamy: Welcome to the SB board.

Sheann
Old 01-23-2002, 12:02 AM   #51  
Goddess

Red face More

I'm thinking we ought to have sirens that go off on our computers when one of us reaches goal! Deb--I think you need to get to work on this!

I am so happy for you Mary! Not only the goal weight, but the kickin BMI too! You are in inspiration to the rest of us. Let's award a great big SB queen Ta-rah-rah to Melf!

OK. I've had a pretty good day today--and it just got much better. It was very busy today. I'm in the process of trying to sign political candidates to contracts--plus keep up with two non-political clients and my work at the church. Who has time to eat?

Actually it is more important to make sure I eat regularly so that I do not get into starvation mode--which is when I'm most likely to go off program. But today was good.

Kim--Glad I could be of help! We actually had some cool craft talks today. I have always wanted to learn tatting too! ANd I definatly plan to be a battle ax when I get old! Course after years and years on SB, I will be a gorgeous battle ax!

Frog--heh, heh, heh. I can just see you in your queenly sweater riding in the Accord and dissing the Spewer!

BOB--Miss Belle is purring in my lap as I type this. We dressed alike today in all black ensembles. You have additional incentive for staying on the wagon now. Have fun in the saddle! Fortunately I had all that done in Oct. though I do have an appointment to meet the Boobie Smasher 3000 in March! Ain't it wonderful to be a woman!

TV-speaking of the saddle, I hope everything comes out all right. When I went for my last exam--having lost 60 lbs from the previous one--I felt no discomfort at all. It is usually very uncomfortable for me--event though they say it isn't SUPPOSED to hurt. My Dr is a male--so how the heck would he know?

Liz--you are not alone in the dreaded up then back down the scale dance. But since the holidays this board is really hopping and everyone seems to be back into the program--so you are right at home with the rest of us! It is good to have you back!

Deb--you seem to have been missed for chat! 22 months? Wow! You know for those of us who used to bounce from one diet to another, that's a lifetime!

Time for bed. I have early meetings tomorrow, so I probably won't be on until the afternoon!

Susan
300/238/150
JUly 10, 2000
Old 01-23-2002, 01:53 AM   #52  

Thumbs down

hi everyone,

had a fun time at chat, as usual i have a hard time keeping up trying to read and type at the same time.

CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!!!!!! you did it! i have not been on the board very long but i can see this is a sentinel event! WAY TO GO! nice chatting with you too!

as voiced by the others we missed you DEB, hope everything is well. i made your cheesecake to try out on my family before i make it for my bunko buddies. it tasted great but i made it in a 9in. springform pan so it was well pretty silly looking, kind of flat. i borrowed a smaller pan so i hope it will turn out. we will also have vegies and legal spinach dip, florida strawberries and the sb legal barbecue sauce i found on the board with some kind of appetizer meat or chix. most of my friends are dieting so i am sure they will enjoy all the legal treats.

Kim- the more we chat the more similarities that come up, am looking forward to the trip to cinti to meet, maybe i will pack deb in my suitcase!

Frog- i am glad your keeno eve with that spewer went well, are your kitty cats ok? hope you are also feeling better.

BOB- it was nice to chat, i must confess i was not really at the golden globes and at this weight i do not own a red dress! i do hope seriously that your labs are ok. i had gestational diabetes when i was pregnant with my super large son (diet controlled) and was on insulin with my 9 year old daughter, i had been told that if i lost the weight and exercised i would not need to be on insulin, alas i did not follow instructions and am now paying the price. i have with this incredible WOE dropped my labs and have cut my insulin now by one-half and am hoping to be off totally. so this change in my eating habits is a lifelong pursuit.

Happy- glad to meet you in chat. deland is not that far away, we should try to arrange something, zsu and i are always up for a trip providing our schedules and call time allow. sonya(solshine) and gatorgal are in orlando, we are over there fairly often especially during football season as my son is on the UCF football team!

Karen- it was nice to chat with you also, i really look forward to tuesday chat. the support and care that comes from the posts and chat are what makes this plan so incredible.

hope everyone has a happy weigh in wednesday, i will weigh(timidly) on thursday which is my next day to work. sure hope i see some movement downward of the scale, but i can deal with it if stays stuck.glad everybody liked the 'got milk'picture, we had a really good time. and yes Debbie did tell us to spit it out!!

take care,

chris
Old 01-23-2002, 06:23 AM   #53  

Default DON'T LOOK NOW, BUT IT'S WIW!!!

Morning Everybody!!!

I just wanted to check in before hopping in the shower. There's one thing I have to say:

MELF CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU'VE GOTTEN TO GOAL AND I'M DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU. THAT IS SO GREAT!!!!! I'LL BET YOU WERE SO EXCITED. WONDERFUL, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, FANTASTIC, SUPER, GREAT, (I could go on and on!) KEEP TELLING US HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BE THERE BECAUSE THAT'S THE BEST FORM OF MOTIVATION FOR THE REST OF US. WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I can't respond to everybody this a.m., but will do so later. Wanted to tell you that I was really pleased with my eating yesterday. I will post on the daily meals board tonight. Have to say that I stayed far away from the ice cream when dh brought it out laslt night. He asked and I said, "No I'm having a pear." I couldn't believe those words came out of my mouth. A pear???? Over ice cream???? Anyway, just wanted to share that tiny victory.

Enjoyed the chat last night. It was really cookin' in there. I was having a hard time keeping up. Just wanted to remind HAPPY that I'm with you today and that there will be no skipping of meals on my shift. On SB we eat and sometimes we eat often. I like the way some of the girls eat many small meals. That sounds very workable. Okay, girl??? Are you ready for a good day. Let's hit it.

To everybody else, good luck on WIW. Can't wait to hear what's been happening on the one-eyed monster.

Take care.
Kim
Old 01-23-2002, 06:34 AM   #54  

Good Morning

Melf - Congratulations on reaching goal. I am very happy for you.

I've been at 195 pounds for the last several days, which is a positive sign. Not so many ups and downs this week. Who knows, I may break that barrier yet.

This is just a quickie as I have to leave for work in a few minutes. I don't have time for any responses. Will try and check in again later.

Have a good day everyone.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:43 AM   #55  

[SIZE=huge]Way to go MELF!!! AWESOME![/SIZE]

Will try to post later tonight. Have 1000 things to do this evening so I may not be able to get in more than my WIW results. Sorry guys!

Have a great WIW and good luck everyone!

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-23-2002, 07:49 AM   #56  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Smile WAY TO GO, MELF!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO, MARY!!!!!!!!!! HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!! I'm also glad to see you on the board. In fact, I was just thinking last night that I need to e-mail you and make sure you're okay. I'm jealous of your L shaped porch! I would love to have a wide, wrap around porch and a place to put a swing. So good to hear from you!

QUILTER You are too funny about my face. Thank you! I don't feel like it's looking any thinner - and especially today. Yes, Vince can put that police, tough guy look on his face. I think his face just relaxes into that kinda like politician's can train their faces to relax into a smile. Sometimes I still think he's mad or thinking about being mad about something and when I ask him about it he says he's fine and grins and I know he's not mad. Way to go on leaving some food behind. I'm not only a member of the CLEAN PLATE CLUB, but I also was trained that meals aren't over until after dessert. My mom was really big on desserts, so you can imagine what being on SB did to me the first few months.....

I don't really have time to get to everyone, but I've been reading. Someone asked about the date for the marathon - I'll look that up today and post it - along with the recipes I"ve been remiss on posting!

Last night I walked 4.5 miles in almost TWICE the time it takes Debbie. It took 1:21. The first 9 miles was a gruesome internal fight to keep going and I thought I'd NEVER make it to the 1 mile mark. Then I promised myself that I would walk the whole loop (3.5 miles) and then if I was dying and still feeling tired I would call it a day. Some of the kids who are usually out when I walk waved to me. (I'm probably that weird girl with the fanny pack. Vince calls me the Flashdance Walker because of my cut up t-shirts and how they slide off my shoulder a lot. ) About mile 2 I'm huffing and puffing and look up and there's this pregnant lady just strolling - looking like she was in no hurry to be anywhere. I thought surely I would be passing her in a few minutes and pulled my headphones to the side so I could greet her - I kept walking and didn't catch up with her - kept walking - she's getting further ahead - can't have that! - I'm hauling butt and only BARELY closing distance on this strolling pregnant woman! How embarrassing!!! Finally, she turned to cross the road and I was huffing and puffing and could barely talk, but I managed to say, "You're kicking my butt at your strolling pace!! One of my goals is to be able to keep up with you in the future!" She grinned and we chatted across the way a bit as I kept on walking. THEN I FINALLY made it to the 3.5 mile mark and decided I had enough energy to keep going and a few hundred yards down the road I knocked my walkman off my fanny pack belt and batteries went flying everywhere. I couldn't find one of them and didn't want to keep looking so I had to finish my walk without my music.

Okay, so with all this walking and my weight training and eating I should be down for WIW, right????? WRONG! Well, I guess I am down from last week, but not as much as I expected and wanted. I weighed in at 197 this morning. I think that's 1 lb. down from last week. I know the weight comes off very slowly for me, but doggoneit! I've been working my tail off. Vince won't let me weigh except for on WIW now, so I don't know if it's a fluctuation, but I don't think so because I had a light lunch yesterday and only had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Bread and a mock tomato soup made with tomato paste last night for supper.

Does anyone have a SB friendly recipe for Tomato Soup? I really miss Campbell's plain tomato soup - I didn't care for the Italian version made without sugar.

Okay, gotta run! Hope we have a bunch of LOSERS on the board today!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 08:25 AM   #57  
Mel

Default Wednesday

CONGRATULATIONS MELF!

i STAYED THE SAME 175/139/130?

Will post later....

mel
Old 01-23-2002, 08:31 AM   #58  

Default WIW Report

Well, as I anticipated I am up 2 pounds, but not down about it. Frankly I anticipated it. Next week I bet I am down at least one of these 2 pounds. Gotta have hope!

More later! Have a Happy Sugar Free day!

Peace,
FROG

New #'s this week!
190/150/130
Old 01-23-2002, 09:21 AM   #59  
karen3000

I will be tied up most of the day and work and a meeting tonight, but I just wanted to quickly say -

Great chatting with everyone last night. Hope to be able to join again soon. There were so many different conversations going on that if you just read the comments in order it made for a pretty amusing story!

MELF - WAY TO GO! I'm really happy for you. All your hard work has paid off. Congrats!

Gotta work for that paycheck now!

Karen

Old 01-23-2002, 09:37 AM   #60  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning All

Sorry I wasn't able to get into chat last night. Michael needed the computer to do some AP EURO work, and computer work always comes behind school work. Nice to see I was missed Trust me, I never like missing chat, but I know you all understand.

I took in the pictures from our ORLANDO GET TOGETHER yesterday to be processed, should have them back no later than Friday and I'll be sure to get them posted for you all to see

You all would be proud, and BOB will definitely be getting her drink! Yesterday, Eli and I stopped into Sears to return something and I went to see what sneakers they had available. They had a bunch of them on clearance, with an extra 25% off the clearance price. I didn't get just one, not even just two-but 4 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS! I won't get into the STEAL that I got on these shoes, but trust me, no one would ever be able to come close to the deal I got-BOB, you would be PROUD!!!! ANYHOW, I am happy to report, I just came in from my walk/jog and I WORE A NEW PAIR OF SNEAKERS!!! Of course, I tried NOT to look down and I *****ed and moaned about them being WHITE! Definitely caused me undue stress! BUT, I'm happy to report that I didn't get a blister (padded my one heel beforehand, as I felt I may get one there) and I actually made good timing, 45:02, my 3rd best time yet, and only 2 seconds over my 2nd best time!

So, I bought 2 pairs of New Balance and 2 pairs of Addidas, all running shoes. I wore the NB ones today, they are the 729's. I'm going to return the ones I got at Sports Authority and the other pair I got at Penney's and then look at another Sears, as I saw some other ones I liked yesterday, but that store didn't have my size. I may keep them all, I'll decide soon, but most likely, at least 3 of the pairs I bought.

We stumbled onto a new Middle Eastern Rest. up in Broward. Didn't know it was even there until we recently saw a bus bench advertisement a few weeks back and finally decided to go search for it-place looked very good and the food looks awesome-so, next trip up to Broward is not going to have OLE OLE in the plans, but this new restaurant, EL SALAM (I think that's what it's called).

Well, it's WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY and I for one am not a happy camper. Scale is still up, 5lbs from my lowest point, but as I said before, I should be happy that I'm staying within my 5lb cushion. I should see some sort of a drop by next week, hopefully. I am seriously thinking about putting the scale away after next weeks WIW. It will be the end of the month and I think after almost 8 months at being below goal, I can handle 1 week of not weighing in (can you see me already ripping my hair out at the mere thought of this??)

I've been once again over doing the scone eating, as well as other SB LEGAL goodies. Today I decided that was enough, why am I doing this to myself, one treat is okay, but do I have to eat 3 scones like I did yesterday? That's along with a piece of SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE, CARBOLITE (mocha, peanut butter and vanilla). ALSO, I truly think the scones are what are giving me this awful gaseous fumes. So, I am NOT going to buy the scones in lots like I was. When we go up to Broward, if I want ONE, that's all I am going to buy-no more than one, as a treat. I vow not to buy extra to stick in the freezer, because either they don't make it into the freezer, or they don't last as long as they should in the freezer. I have 2 left in there now and vow not to touch either one today.

Also today, I plan on doing my journaling-another thing I find that if I don't do, does me no good, so today, I'm back on track with that and I'll post my journal on the FOOD FOR THOUGHT BOARD for today sometime tomorrow.

Water has also been another problem recently, but glad to report today, I've almost had 1.5 liters already-hey, I'm trying!!!!

FILLISE, absolutely will share the Glamour Shots pics when I get them done. Won't be til the end of Feb, so won't get them back until March, sometime. Pics from Orlando should be back from KMart by Friday and will surely share them with the board. LOL! I bet if you think your SB LEGAL CHOC. stash is huge, mine is enormous-I have them in a shoes box, filled to capacity!!! LOL!

ZANNE, no movie since SPEED?? I thought I was bad! Sorry to hear you and DS are sick again. I am so fortunate that my kids hardly ever get a cold and if they do, it's never that bad. Both kids have perfect attendance and have never been out from school-even the Dr. only sees them for a well visit once a year. Knock on wood, it should always be like that! I checked on the perogie recipe, what I think may be the same thing is called PIROGEN-do you think this is one of the same? Is so, I got your recipe!!! Says it can be filled with chopped meat, chicken, kasha. There's also a recipe for PIROSHKI which says it's a small version of pirogen, but this uses chicken fat in the recipe-YUCK!

NANCE, what happened to our telephone date??? Guess we'll have to reschedule. {{{HUGS}}}

MUSIC, don't feel alone, my computer makes a grinding noise and I'm waiting to lose everything one day soon. I get those illegal operations too, along with lots of other crap. I need to get a back up of all my AOL files-lose those, I'm lost forever!!! Congrats on getting some new shoes, I'm sure you don't have the problems buying shoes like I do

TV, here's hoping you get the A-OKAY on the blue card!

QUILTER, not getting GS until end of next month, after hair appt. I had them done 6 years ago (pic that I have posted in my bio) and would love to have them come out as nice as they were back then. Eli gave this to me for Hanukah (and gave Lauren hers too). I have to get MY STORY BOARD up and running so we can all post our weight stories and nightmares on there for everyone to see. Recognize us at Ole Ole, the hostess doesn't even give us a menu and all the regular waiters know what to bring almost without asking-wish they did have stock, wish they'd just build one close to me! LOL! Yes, wore something different, hardly wear the jean shirts anymore-but have to find some new stuff, I have 3 of those shirts-different colors though.

BOB, double trouble in the State of Florida! 4 cloves of garlic? Vampires sure won't bother you. Trust me, your coffee will be secure and safe for presentation to you in March. I'll keep an eye out for the book for you. No need on the pita, if you don't think it's better, why bother. THOUGH, you'll have to let me know what you want from down here (pita, Shorty's sauce, etc.) Spices would be great though! We'll get all the details beforehand. Umm, are you trying to scare ROSALIE??? Don't give her all of my DETOX SECRETS!!!!

FROG, glad to hear you had a good night and Spewer didn't spew much. Can't wait to see a pic of you in the NEW CAR!!!! Heck, I guess I get to see YOU AND THE NEW CAR in April!!!!! Great deal on the new jeans!!!

MEL, I don't think it's the protein that's causing me to oh so daintily pass wind, at least not for me. Eli's ready to hang me too-he says I need to shove a cork up my arse!!! It's bad-really bad!

MELF, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

What wonderful news. Geez, you know how to stay away and then come back on with a bang!!! You must be in seveth heaven. Congrats on the BMI as well-that's awesome!

SHEANN, glad to hear you liked to quiche-I have to say it's one of the best recipes I have and one of the few dishes I make that the family doesn't complain about and actually eats! Remember, it freezes well!

BIGK, definitely, the pan is too big for the cake. I'm in search of a little springform pan. I've seen them before, but until I find one (at a good price), I'm sticking to my little pan-it works good enough when you put in the parchment/wax paper in the bottom. LMK how it comes out in the smaller pan, and what the reviews were on it.

ROSALIE, congrats on staying at the 195, I'm sure there's a loss in the near future!!!

SOL, congrats on the walk, that's awesome. Don't worry about the time, that will come. LOL! I can't tell you just how many times I've had my walkman fall off of me-it's all scratched up-never lost the batteries, but do have them die out on me often. Hey, don't worry about the loss-look at me, up 5lbs! I'll look for a recipe for TOM SOUP when I get a chance-gosh knows I have enough books and the web to search for one!

Oops, it's almost 10am, and I thought I'd be outta the house by then, and I haven't even gotten in the shower! Gotta run-be back on with you all later!

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread