Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #16  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING ALL YOU BUSTERS!!!

Sorry I haven't been around in a few days, BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!! BUT....I'm here now, and that's what counts!!

It was so nice here yesterday and today. Lots of breeze and no humidity...almost like fall should be. BUT...they are saying that the heat is coming back. If I was still in Kentucky, we would call that INDIAN SUMMER.
Down here, it's just plan DANG HOT!!!!

I heard from MELF today, so she's still alive and kicking...she hasn't replied yet, so I don't know where she's been. I'll let y'all know when I hear.

JACKIE...to answer you question from the other day as to why I haven't said how much I've lost.....I never have done that, but just to make you happy, I'll spill the beans...I've lost 16lbs so far and that's really good for me. Eating healthy feels so good... I've been able to get a lot of good fresh veggies lately and that helps! It embarrasses me when I let myself go and
blow up like the BLIMP....It's the BELLY that really got me..if I can get that down, I'll be happy!
HOW BOUT THEM CATS????? I'm so happy for them...They WILL BEAT THE VOLS THIS YEAR!and that's a given. We're just having one of those bad years....Every University has one, and this is our time!

MONET....LOVE THAT PIECE your posted....Hope you're selling a lot and making some money!...I saw a Tshirt the other day that I almost bought you, and I just might do it anyway...it says...."WHAT HAPPENS IN THE GARAGE STAYS IN THE GARAGE!!!!" That could become your motto!

TECH...I'm so happy for you and your shop...PLEASE TAKE SOME PICTURES so we can see! Especially the POLE!!!

THIN...RACHEL is so pretty...She's growing up fast, and the boys will be beating down the door soo!

MELISSA...{{{{{WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE BOARD}}}} Glad to have you and can't wait to learn more about you!

TONI....WHAT'S COOKING CHICK???? I'll get you that recipe posted soon for the Mexican Cornbread...we ate the last of it last night with the last of the pinto's....

CRYSTLE...It's ALWAYS good when you show up again...I miss you when you're not around. Got anything planted for a late garden? KATE always did that and we had lots of good stuff all the way through October.

Well, I'm off to climb up in the FOUR POSTER...I'm ready to recline!

BOB
Old 10-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #17  

I wrote a post before but I don't know what happened to it. So I'll try again. I'm about ready to call it a night. Eating has been fine today. I made a yummy omelet for lunch. And had some whole wheat pasta for dinner. I did get some stuff made ahead, like coleslaw, a tomato salad and some sliced strawberries all done up. It will be nice the rest of the week to have them to pull out of the fridge.

Bob- I'm glad you didn't forget about the recipe. We just got done with our beans this week too.

Monet- Sounds like you made good choices at the barbecue place.

Melissa- Welcome.

Sorry DH is home and I've got to make him something to eat.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Good workout at the gym last night. I was sweating bullets when we left. DH walked home, but I said no way I can do it again. I don't know how he did it, he did 30 minutes on the treadmill, 45 on the bike and a few wts. We took a nice soak in the hot tub. I am a little sore today, but not too bad. I have not been walking inthe mornings. I have been so tired, and not sleeping well. I at least wanted to walk on Wed & Fridays since we don't go to the gym,but I couldn't get out of bed today. Maybe Friday.

Toni, I meant to type jalepeno cheetos not cheerios. I love anything hot, hot.

Bob, 16 lbs is awesome. I am so proud of you. Now keep it going. I know you can. See how much better you feel.

Melissa, welcome to our group. Ask away, we all have answers.

Monet, That t-shirt would be perfect for you. Gosh you and Tech are our resident self-employed business women.

Tech, what a great time you are having. I am so happy that things are going so well for you.

Got to run. Have a great day
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #19  

Good morning! Like Solly, I did not sleep well and today I am just drained. I need to clean, but I can't face it. I did not make it to water aerobics this morning, so I really need to take a walk. All I want to do is lay in bed and try and sleep.

I just spent an hour feeding Kaeleb breakfast, then chasing him around. He just loves walking and he walks in circles, then laughs. What a joy he is! Perhaps that is why I am feeling so tired now.

It looks like rain, and I am praying it does. North Georgia is in such a severe drought they are predicting we will run out of water in two to three weeks if we don't get some rain. Where is a good tropical storm when you need one? Our water comes from Lake Lanier and it is at an all time low.

Ok, off to try and get motivated to clean some. My pottery friend is coming tomorrow, instead of my going there. She is so neat and clean, I feel like such a slob!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #20  

Howdy- I got up early and got a permanet finally to my ugly hair. I feel so much better now. But I got up at 5 this morning cause the dog woke me up so I'm dragging now too. I didn't even walk on the treadmill.

Solly- I thought you'd made a new snack food and I wanted the recipe. LOL
Good job on the exercise.

Monet- It rained here last night, wish you would have gotten some of it.

Guess we're slow today. I'll check back later
Old 10-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #21  

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Has anyone tried the Atkins Endulge bars or the Morning bars? Most of them have 1g sugar, 140 calories, and 7 grams of fat. I have eaten them when I am in a hurry and don't have time to fix anything. Do you think they are Sugarbuster OK?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #22  

I got on my treadmill this afternoon for few minutes. I think it is fixed. Yay! My son in law has been trying to fix it for me. It will be nice to have another option for exercise.

Melissa, those bars are probably just fine for Sugarbusters. If you are eating them, and find you are not losing, try going without them for a week or two and see if there is a difference.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #23  

Thanks, Monet! I usually don't eat one every day but at least a couple of times a week. They are the only ones I eat and they are actually pretty good!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #24  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!! I just got an from MONET....I've been slacking on my posting and she's not happy at all!!!!! I promise to do better!!!!

Not much happening around here...the SNOWBIRDS are trickling in and crowding up the roads....we did have a GULLY WASHER STORM last night which we really needed so I won't complain.

MONET...I've got a treadmill....a really good treadmill, and it holds towels, clothes, etc really well. I need to dust it off and get to walking! I know you enjoy your time with Kaeleb...he's at a good age to be funny. Got any new pictures of the little Munchkin???

MELISSA...I've never tried those bars...I think MONET eats the LARA bars, but I haven't tried those either. When I want one, I have a SOYJOY...the sugar count isn't the best on them, but everything else in them is good. The plus to my eating them is that I don't want them very often.

TONI...hope you got a nap in today...that's early to climb out of bed!

KRIS...How'd it go today? Pencil me in...I need a haircut!! PICTURES PLEASE!!!

JACKIE...The heat is slowly cooling down, so TIPPY and I will be out there walking...The humidity really gets me to the point that I can't breath so I'm not taking any chances....Getting all the nasties out of the house was the hard thing. Once they were gone, the rest was smooth sailing! Once I get a good handle on this, the smoking is next. Come November, the entire campus where I work will be smoke free, so I will have no choice but to JUST DO IT! (again)

OK GIRLFRIENDS...I'm off to do the TV thing....

BOB
Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #25  

Just finished having a bowl of black bean soup. And some fresh strawberries. Yum.

Monet- Thats great ya got your treadmill going.

Melissa- Glad to see you posting.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #26  

Bob- Opps think we were posting at the same time. You sound so good. Hows work going? Yep I took a nap. Right here in my recliner
Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Monet...what a lovely piece. My fourteen year old daughter also thought it was beautiful. She is SO picky so you know it is beautiful.

I've been doing pretty good staying out of the no-nos. I've been crazy busy the last few days. But I wanted to stop in and say howdy to ya'll.

Bob is it so good to see you. No garden this fall. There is just too much going on.

Toni and Solly...It is nice to know that I am not the only one that struggles with emotional eatting even after all these years. I agree with ya'll...new month new start.

((Everybody)) Wishing you a FANTASTIC day tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #28  

Ok, BOB! Here is a picture of Kaeleb...walking!

Well, ok, truthfully, he is probably running. He NEVER is still! He is into everything right now.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wubwalk.jpg (19.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #29  

Afternoon all. I just had a great lunch of low fat cottage cheese, tomato salad, and coleslaw. It keeps me full all afternoon till dinner. Its amazeing what a certain combo of food can do. The fat, protein, and vegetable. Doing laundry now and a little clean up. Later this evening a friend is coming for tea. So this is a really nice day.

Monet- Kaeleb is a doll. He looks so happy.

CountryMom- Hope you're doing fine. I'll miss reports on your winter garden.

Well back to the work grind.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #30  

Good afternoon everyone!

Ok-critique my day so far...

Breakfast-1 cup oatmeal
3 slices of Ready Serve Bacon
Tea

Water

Lunch-Salad with about 5 very small chicken nuggets, tomatoes, carrots and ranch dressing
About 7 Garden Harvest toasted chips-Just found them at the store...1st ingredient is whole grain wheat flour (16 chips=2g sugar)
1 laughing cow light cheese wedge
Tea
Water

I also exercised at Curves this morning.
What do you think? I need more water for sure!
Closed Thread