Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #46  

Evening! I finally lost all my patience and unloaded the kiln...with hot pads! Everything turned out ok for now, but I still need to glaze and fire again. I have over a loads worth to glaze, and I should have glazed today so I could load it up and turn it on tonight, but I was a bum and did not. So, tomorrow I will be a busy little potter!

Dinner tonight was the topping off four pieces of pizza. I ate a bit of crust, but it was very thin. It was not my idea, Laura and Justin wanted it and ordered and paid for it. It was nice not having to cook.

I am pretty tired so I will head off to bed! Good night and sweet dreams!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #47  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

IT'S FOOTBALL SATURDAY IN THE SEC!!

THEM DAWGS VS TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS at home in NEYLAND STADIUM This should be an exciting game, but I'm not looking for any miracles.

AUBURN TIGERS
VS VANDY Hmmm I'm sitting on my hands for this one...

LSU plays host to THE RESIDENTS OF THE FLORIDA SWAMP GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Now there are other games in the SEC today, but these are the ones that have EVERYONE'S EYE!!!

BOB
Old 10-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #48  

Good afternoon. Not much going on here. Eating hasn't been great. I had 2 pieces of pizza for dinner. Not legal. Monet at least you ate the toppings and left out the crust. Hope you're having a good day Bob.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #49  

I bet BOB is happy...The VOLS are beating the crap out of the Dawgs right now!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #50  

A STAR HAS RISEN "IN THE EAST" !!!!!

TENNESSEE 35

THEM DAWGS 14

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN IF YOU BELIEVE!!!!

BOB
Old 10-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #51  

Just took a big ole pork butt out of the oven...Have to wait to eat though...Kate wanted some cornbread, so I fixed her a little skillet and it's in the oven now.

Where is everyone today?

If y'all like SUSPENSE, and I DO MEAN SUSPENSE...be sure to get the movie

THE SIMPLE LIFE OF NOAH DEARBORN was really good too.

See ya'll tomorrow

BOB
Old 10-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #52  

Evening all. I'm dragging in here so shame faced. I messed up and had wine two nights in a row. I'll have messed up any loss I might have had. I won't know till Wed. when I weigh in. I'm so mad at my self. Didn't even get the pot of beef soup I was going to make made. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Bob- Can I come for some of that wonderful sounding pork roast. Man I love that so good. And you can do so much with the leftovers. My DH loves burritos made from it.

Guess everyone is either vegitating or busy today.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #53  

TONI,

It was absolutely WONDERFUL!! So tender...I put it on at 350 around 2pm and just let it go. I put a little water in the bottom of the pot, a lot of garlic and then just salt and pepper on the pork. Threw in a few stalks of celery, a few turnips (tis the season). Fixed spinach... and some corn for Kate.

Come on down and have some....

I'm off to recline...see ya tomorrow!

BOB
Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll

I've had a few no no's this weekend. We had Mexican last night and I got lost in the chip bowl. Tonight I had a few crackers in my soup. I was needing some comfort food and for me soup and crackers always fills the bill. Still that being said, other than that I did pretty good. I think when we mess up a little it is important to see what we did right so we don't get in a downward spiral.

I hope ya'll have a SUPER week this week.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies

Boy those weekend go fast. Yesterday we spent cleaning the house and the cars. My DD & SIL came for dinner and brought their dogs to meet our new little puppy. It went well, but chaotic. The little guy will not sleep in a cage nor his bed and wants to be in our bed. Last night he slept on my DH's pillow all night. This always happens, the dogs always love my DH the most. He follow him everywhere.

Eating was so-so. The wedding food was good and I probably overdid it. Especially with the wine.
Back to the gym tonight. Should get 3 or 4 nights in this week.

Toni, I feel you on the wine, I had way to much at the wedding and too much vodka the next night.

Bob, Those Vols beat up those dawgs pretty bad. I watched the LSU game but went to bed at half time. It was a good game.

Monet, hope you are feeling better today. Don't you just love it when the kids buy.

Shrl, how are you doing so far?

Country, You are right, we do need to focus on the good things we do. Thanks for reminding us.

My desk is covered, so I had better get busy here. Have a good day.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #56  

Howdy all. I did so good on the treadmill this morning. I was very determined. Also got a vegetable beef soup cooking in the crockpot. I had cheerios and orange juice for breakfast so I'm on my way to having a good day. LOL... I know it can't make up for what I did over the week end but thats past now. Think I might mop the kitchen in a bit or maybe do some laundry. Not sure.

Bob- Now you've done it. I'll have to get a pork roast this week end when I shop. That sounded so good. And thank you for posting how you did it.

Crystle- You're right about thinking what you did right. I'm having trouble being down about how I messed up this week end. And other wise I did good.

Solly- Well girlfriend we should have stayed out of the wine. LOL. But I did enjoy it. Now to get on with our week.

Well off I'll go. Be back later...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #57  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

My day went fast. The mere second I walked into my office, I didn't stop except for lunch. I like to be busy...the day goes faster that way...

TONI...I use those big jars of minced garlic to do most of my cooking. Really, the only time I use cloves of garlic is when I make HUMMUS....which I'm going to do tonight!! The PORK BUTT I got had a bone (which I prefer for the flavor). It weighed a little over 4lbs and I got it for $.99 a lb! I'm going to take part of the left over and chop it up with my cleavers and make BBQ out of it. Then, Kate will take some of it and make HASH out of it. Do you ever make that?
I've not forgotten your recipe for the Mexican Cornbread. Kate is rewriting it because she said if anyone made it the way it's originally written they would never eat it again. When she does this, I'll pass it along to you.

JACKIE....My guys could have been playing that way all year had they tried!
It was a good game, and I especially liked the LSU - FLA game. One of my DOCS is a FL GRAD and this morning when he passed me, I merely said "HOLD THAT TIGER "....not loud, just loud enough for him to hear and he just turned around and looked at me. He didn't talk to me the rest of the day. THEN...just before I left, he passed my office and I yelled at him to come back. When he got to my door, I said " Turn around", and he was looking like you do when you think you've got something on you...He wanted to know what it was, and I said "You've got a TIGER CLAW in your butt!" I finally got a laugh out of him with that one.

CRYSTLE...Good to see you...I miss you when you're not around!

Well Ladies, I'm off to fix a little supper...I'll talk to you later.

BOB
Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #58  

My house smells so good. I just put in some sweet potato in the soup. Had to wait till DH was gone. He's not a fan of it. Eating has been great today.

Bob- You're making me hungry. I love barbecued pork. I would love to taste your Hummus I've never had any. Thanks to Kate for redoing the recipe.
We ordered a large braid of garlic over the internet. It came from Gillroy in Calif. Its so good and looks great hanging in the kitchen. My DH is a real garlic eater so we use lots. But before I used the jar kind and loved you could just reach in the fridge and get what you wanted so easy.

Just ordered that cookbook of Jessica Seinfields on hiding vegetables for your kids. I thought maybe I could use some of the recipes for my DH cause he just doesn't eat any vegetables unless they're mixed up and you can't see it.

I'm off to eat......
Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #59  

Darn where is everybody? Its so lonely in this room. Are you okay Monet? All is fine my way. My soup turned out so good. I package serving size bowls up. I'll wait a couple of days then put the containers in the freezer. Great for us to take out and thaw for a nice bowl of homemade soup.
Waiting for DH to wake up so I can walk on the treadmill. Guess I'll go and hope someone comes over here.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #60  

Good afternoon! I went to lunch with Tom and James. James got in last night after we went to bed. He has been gone a month, so it is so nice to see him! He leaves Friday... He will be going to Denver, so he is looking forward to a new area, and he will only be gone a few days. Yay!

I have a ton to do. Lots of boxes to pack and ship. I sold another piece in my online store, so I am pleased. I unloaded the kiln and it was not good at all...every piece was blah. Nothing to get excited about at all. I was pretty bummed.

I went to lunch with Tom and James today. We ate at a Cuban place and I got fish tacos. I only ate one and gave the other one to James. I did eat the yellow rice, and black beans, and some chips and queso dip, so I had WAY more carbs than I should have. I will have to be REALLY good tonight!

I will check in later.
Closed Thread