Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #76  

I have been running all day, and have not had time to sit down. I had private pottery students, a meeting with a bride, and just got in a few minutes ago after stopping at Wally World to get Tom a new clock radio/alarm...

I want to make sure you all understand that the move is NOT because our board is not as busy, or whatever. We are not going to be a sub forum to Sonoma...we are going to be under them because Sugar comes after Sonoma in alphabetical order! We will be all be sub forums in Diet Central. Eventually, all the individual diet forums, including Weight Watchers and South Beach, will be sub forums in Diet Central. This is an attempt to make the whole website easier to navigate. The changes are based on feedback received from members. Rest assured our forum is not going to change...just be a bit consolidated and in a slightly different location.

I got a few pieces done today. It is the first time I have worked in over a week. I just could not get motivated. I am passing on my trip to north Georgia tomorrow due to having to teach on Friday and Monday. I just can't do it all, and my studio mate injured her hand with a sledgehammer, so it is a good time to take a break!

Off to get some stuff done!

BOB: Publix is an excellent company to work for. Stock has almost doubled since it split a little over a year ago. I say go for it! I liked working there. You can work in any department...but I would recommend going for the front office first. You might like being a pharmacy tech....I believe they will train you, but you have the medical customer service already...so it might help. Starbucks is a good place to work too. They give benefits even for part time...
Old 04-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #77  

Hi everyone

Sorry I have been a bit lax in posting the last couple of days. Been busy running around stores looking at vanities and stuff to fix up my bathroom as well as usual stuff. I've decided on the vanity, sink unit, medicine cabinet and mirror that I would like. Now have to go and look at floor tiles and call someone to do the job. It looks like we are in for some nasty weather again. I almost got blown away on the way home from badminton this evening. They were forecasting snow but I think it will not be cold enough for snow. At the moment it looks like slushy rain.

I checked out Suzanne's message - it took me a while to find it but got there eventually. I don't think it will be a problem for any newbies to find us when we are moved. I think it might be easier as we will be in Diet Central in alphabetical order, not at the bottom of the page under Low Carb and WW.

Sef - Try not to stress out worrying about your dd's visit. Just hope that things will be better this time.

Missy - I was happy to hear your good news.

Melf - I can't see that we will have to change the way SB is set up. The way I see it is they are just changing our location on the front page. Don't stress out over not walking. You are doing so well and the scale is still moving in the right direction. Just walk whenever you have the time. It's not as if you are sitting around doing nothing. If you are busy running around that's exercise too.

BOB - Hope you hear about the job soon. I know how some of those managers can be. When I retired I wanted to continue working a couple of days a week which I did for about 6 months. My manager was willing for me to stay longer but one or two managers wouldn't let anyone work after 65 so she was prevented from letting me stay longer. At the same time the hospital was spending millions every year to pay agency staff. Go figure. Now I have so much to do I wouldn't have time for work. Ha. Ha.

Monet - Hope you were able to get in a lazy day yesterday. You deserve it after all you do for your groups and that dear grandson. I must say he has very lucky parents having grandmom always on hand.

Solly - Don't overdo it at the gym. If you are feeling so tired maybe you need a day off occasionally..

Monet - I was just about to post this when I saw your post below (above now!) What happened to that lazy day?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #78  
ericsmommy

Hi Guys

Just checking in before l take Eric to preschool and head to curves, Don't have much time to post but hopefully this afternoon l can reply to everyone.
The Move in my thoughts is a good one cause l only stumbled across ;you guys by accident. I went to diet central when l first joined but didn't see SB there. So l know all newbee's will find us easier.
Only 9 more days will we head home for our visit and I can't wait, l am hoping to lose these last 6 lbs though so l will be at 180 which is great for under 6 weeks of the diet so far. 2 weeks today is my b-day and l will be the big 40 hope it dosen't bother like it did my DH in Feb.

Well l have to run will check in this afternoon.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #79  

Hello my buster buddies! I did not go to north Georgia today and it is a good thing I did not. I woke up with the mother of all headaches and it will NOT go away. I have felt sick to my stomach it is so bad. Usually my migraines are not this bad, so I think it is combined with 1) a virus 2) lack of caffeine, or some other addictive substance I am not having enough of, or 3) lack of sleep.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I am going to go back to laying down. I hope it gets better soon, as I have things to do!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #80  
sef

Good afternoon,

Can't seem to get motivated this morning. Went to NH and had visions of coming home and working on the xst project. Have to bind the edge of Aida, find center, sew it on frame. Nothing hard or overwhelming, just laziness!

MONET: Apparently you know how it is, I see you had a motivation problem too. Then all of a sudden the mood strikes and you're doing a project again. I'm sorry, I got a chuckle about your friend hurting her hand with a sledgehammer.........I could picture her smashing unliked pieces. I will admit a sledgehammer seems a little heavy handed!

Thanks for info on Forum change. I don't think it will be a big deal.

Hope your head is better. I seem to have outgrown the migraines. Had them for years. Both DIL and GD suffer with them. They are usually worse just before their periods.

ROSALIE: It's work but exciting in a way when you are planning remodeling projects. I bet it will be worth the running around to find what you want.

I am usually a positive person, but I have to really try with things concerning DD. But you are right. Also I have no control over it. I will keep reminding myself of that fact!

MO: I can never understand the big deal over certain birthdays. My co-workers were all younger than me and they obsessed over 30 and 40. So what! Did they think they would be different on their birthday from the way they were the day before?

You are doing spectacular on SB. I bet your family will be surprised at the new svelte you!

I am going to try and do something productive....or maybe this is my productivity for the day!

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 04-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just poppin in before heading home. I am off tomorow so everyone have a great weekend. Got to the gym last night and maybe tonight. I am not feeling to great. Tummy has been upset all day. We will go out to my DD';s while they are working on their fence. She has some homework she needs my youngest to do for her (art work).

No time for replies as it is time to leave. Talk to you on Monday. Have a great weekend.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #82  

Hey evryone...I just wanted to pop in real quick to say hello! You guys are so great! Thank you to ALL that has responded to me and that has REMEMBERED me! That really makes me feel good!

BOB - I would love to get in touch with Debbie but I have no way to. I dont have any of her info anymore. Is she still doing SB? I hope everything works out for you with your employment! And yes I will STAY PUT!! I have too!

AGain..thank you all for being so great! I look forward to spending alot of time here! But right now...Im off to bed...cause im getting a pretzel attack! They are my weakness and I was eating bags of them!!! I havent had one in 2 weeks. Every once in a while I will get the urge! SOunds like a drug addiction! lol
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #83  
sef

Good morning all,

It is a beautiful day!

I never did get to the xst yesterday. I did do some letters and fixed supper. We had pork chops, potatoes, broccoli. I sliced the potatoes about 1/4" thick into a Pam sprayed baking dish, sliced a medium onion into them. Sprinkled with Lawry's Seasoning Salt and stirred them up. Seasoned thick pork chops with the salt and put them on top of potatoes. Covered dish and baked at 425' for 40 minutes until pork chops were no longer pink. It was delicious. Next time I am going to make it totally legal and use sweet potatoes. I had none on hand this time and the white potatoes were starting to sprout. I at only four slices of potato, so 50 lashes with a wet noodle......ww of course.

SOLLY: Hope the tummy upset was just a passing thing and that you did not get really ill.

CHRIS: I love pretzels. You can have sourdough pretzels and Snyder's have an oat bran pretzel. Both are good. Of course, the hard thing is not to sit and eat the whole bag. We have to learn moderation and discipline..........a hard lesson for me.

Since today if FF here's my contribution:

Two very elderly friends, Max and Wally, met in the park every day to feed the pigeons, watch the squirrels and discuss world problems. One day Wally didn’t show up; Max didn’t think much about it, figured maybe he had a cold or some such.

But after Wally hadn’t shown up for a week Max really got worried. However, the only time they ever got together anymore (they used to play a lot of golf together) was at the park, and Max couldn’t remember where Wally lived so he was unable to find out what had happened to him.

A month passed and Max figured old Wally had gone to his heavenly reward, but one day Max approached the park and, lo and behold, there sat Wally! Max was very excited and happy to see him and told him so! Then he said, “For crying out loud, Wally, what happened to you?”

Wally replied, “I have been in jail.”

“Jail?,” cried Max! “What in the world for?”

“Well,” Wally replied, “You know Sue, that cute little blonde waitress at the coffee shop where we sometimes get coffee?”

“Yeah” said Max, “I remember her. What about her?”

“Well, one day last month she got mad at me, and to get even, she charged me with rape. I was so proud of what everyone would think an old fart like me could still do, that when I got into court, I pled ‘Guilty’.

The judge then took a good look at me and gave me 30 days for perjury.”
==============================

SNORING

A couple has a dog that snores. Annoyed because she can't sleep, the wife goes to the vet to see if he can help. The vet tells the woman to tie a ribbon around the dog's testicles and he will stop snoring.

'Yeah right!" she says.

A few minutes after going to bed, the dog begins snoring, as usual. The wiife tosses and turns, unable to sleep. Muttering to herself, she goes to the closet and grabs a piece of red ribbon and ties it carefully around the dog's testicles. Sure enough, the dog stops snoring! The woman is amazed!

Later that night, her husband returns home drunk from being out drinking with his buddies. He climbs into bed, falls asleep and begins snoring loudly.

The woman thinks maybe the ribbon might work on him. So she goes to the closet again, grabs a piece of blue ribbon and ties it around her husband's testicles. Amazingly, it also works on him! The woman sleeps soundly.

The husband wakes from his drunken stupor and stumbles into the bathroom. As he stands in front of the toilet, he glances in the mirror and sees a blue ribbon attached to his privates. He is very confused and as he walks back into the bedroom he sees the red ribbon attached to his dog's testicles.

He shakes his head and looks at the dog and whispers, "I don't know where we were, or what we did, but, by God, we took first and second place!

Will check in later.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #84  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everybody. Just passing by the 'puter quick. I'm cleaning the house. Man, I can't believe how much time just two days of working sucks up the rest of my spare time!! The week goes by and I'm like, "Hey! What happened?"

Okay...gotta run!! May be back later on. We got a new game for the Wii (Monet: Super Paper Mario...we had Paper Mario for the Gamecube and loved it...don't know if it's up your kids' alley, but we love it), so they'll all be hogging the TV, so I'll be out here, maybe then, to do a better reply.

Bye
Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #85  

I just got in from subbing at the school. I was disappointed to hear they have already hired an art teacher for next year. It is one of the teacher's wives. The problem is that she is expecting a baby in the end of August, so will be out for a month. I think they are sorry that there was a miscommunication about my interest in the job. Oh well. I would have loved the job, but if it was not meant to be, it wasn't. I will deal with it fine, I am sure, and will find ample to keep me busy. They may ask me to sub long term for her, which I would be happy to do. A month would be fine...and I could have a lot of fun.

I barely had time for lunch today. I had one of the sixth grades, and they were working away when I checked the schedule and realized they were supposed to leave my class 20 minutes earlier! By the time I got them to clean up and get out, the next class was about to come in. I sat and munched on a whey protein bar for a few minutes, but that was all I had time for.

I am going to go chill before my daughters come back from the bank. Ruth wants me to help her sell some jewelry she made, so we are going to photograph it and set up an Etsy account. Her latest stuff is absolutely gorgeous, so I hope it sells for her.

Later!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #86  

Ok SEF You just made my day...are you telling me tha I can eat (in moderation) those big fat snyder pretzels in the box??? They say sourdough on them! Please tell me its true!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #87  
sef

Hi all,

If nothing else I have clean rooms. Picked up, brushed Bitsy, thought it might be a good idea before I vacuumed and dusted. Vacuuming is really hard on the back and joints. Or at least I find it so.

There's lots of leftovers so no cooking. Lori said she a Kevin may go out. Ashley has an evening class. So it may be just me and Bitsy!!

TECH: See you had the cleaning bug too.

MONET: Too bad about the job, maybe the old saying about one door closing.............. Let's hope so. Such a talented family. Hope the jewelry sells.

CHRIS: The sourdough Snyder pretzels also come in nuggets. I love them! We can also have sourdough bread but not regular white bread. I am not overly fond of sourdough bread. There's something about the fermentaion of sourdough, I remember reading about it somewhere in regards to SB but can't remember where.......those senior momentts! Remember, moderation. That's the hard part!

Nothing else new or exciting.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #88  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, I was gonna come back on and have a nice long reply/update, but I've come down with a cold AND just got my monthly bill (if ya know what I mean), so I just took some NyQuil and I have about 10 mins to say good night to you guys and the family before I lapse into a coma. Nothing much new anyhow, just working (which I love) and hanging out with Derek (which I love even more!). His job has changed and he's working out of the house now, so now it's ultra hard to get my cleaning done around here because he keeps luring me in to lunch at the diner and other more marital places ...which is nice because we hardly have time for that when the kids are around. So, things are GOOD, anyhow! I've changed the title of my signature as a reminder that there are more important things in the world than a clean house. But I have to really get serious with my eating. I made Derek a cherry pie yesterday for his birthday and between the two of us we ate the whole thing...WITH ICE CREAM...already. I've not gained weight on the scale, but I feel a full-scale increase in mass coming on if I don't get a grip soon.

Okay...as usual, this is much longer than I anticipated. My recliner is calling to me and I have some hot green tea with my name on it. Hope I make it before the NyQuill kicks in!!

Good Night!!

Oh... to the newbies and the new oldies!! I'll catch up with you all soon, I promise!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #89  
sef

TECH: Be careful with that Nyquill. The last time I took it, 1998, I fell and knocked myself out. The right side of my face was one black and blue mass!

DS and DIL are on their way to Madison, MS for the day. There may be a promotion, DS is one of three contenders, so thought they'd look around at properties. The main office is in Jackson. They have been there in the past for meetings and have cruised around the different suburbs. Apparently they liked Madison. There is nothing definite, all remains to be seen.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #90  

Good Morning

Nothing much going on here. I am having a lazy morning sitting around reading the newspaper. I did get up early and went for a walk at the mall this morning. That's three mornings in a row I have made it.. Will probably go and play a few games of badminton this afternoon and will be going to my dil's parents for dinner. Hope I can keep tabs on my eating. I was planning on having chicken parmesan - leftovers from yesterday - but can have that for lunch instead with some veggies.

Tech - There are certainly more interesting things to do than housework.

Sef - . It looks like we are the only two here again.

Monet - Sorry to hear about the job situation. Hope something else turns up for you or you can at least do some subbing for the new teacher in the fall.

I think I should get ready and go to the paint store and pick up some color samples for my br. I've got lots of neutral/off white samples - it has to match the tiles around the tub as I am not changing the tub, just the cabinets and floor - but I think I need some color so will go and see what I can find.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Closed Thread