Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #136  

BOB: Hey, that was my fault! Happy Birthday a day late! I am so sorry! I have this stupid wedding today, and I have been SO stressed out over it, I forgot. Please forgive me! I hope it was a great day for you. Let's pretend today is your birthday too!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #137  

Oh BOB I'm so we missed your birthday!

I had this Birthday program on my computer & I had all the birthdays from the board on it but I lost it all when my computer crashed a while back. I still have it on my laptop but hardly ever use that computer now. I sure need to get it transfered to here.

Last edited by Melf; 04-22-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #138  
sef

Good morning,

Nothing special. Vertigo is negligible. I just feel washed out. As day progresses I will be better. Just morning blahs!

TONI: Hope your weekend is great too.

ANA: I am the one asked anout your singing. I have been in choir and chorus all my life. Love to sing. Can't imagine not having music in my life. I am not great but have fun. I am part of a five person group that entertains at local nursing homes. We sing all types of songs from the silly (that's usually me) to sublime (sometimes it's me). We open and close with a prayer and always include one or two hymns, old standards, etc. It's so much fun.

One thing about losing weight, it takes patience. No patience to gain it! I'm going through a rough patch right now, seems like nothing weight-wise is happening.

BOB: How could we forget your birthday? It would help if we checked the birthday board. Birthdays never bother me, ageing is a natural process and you're gonna do it whether you want to or not, so might as well sit back and enjoy each year you're given!. A quiet day isn't a bad thing and apparently your family remembered.

I love candles. The best I've ever had come from Mountainhome Candles in Mountainhome, PA. Their candles are doublescented and smell sooo good.

Hope you didn't eat that cake all by yourself! That would be a definite NO-NO!

Okay, time to get the other half of my heart pumpming and get that second cuppa.

Will try to check in later.

Keep a song in your heart, Shirley .
Old 04-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 165/157/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys! Hope you are having a great weekend! I woke up this morning to discover I had lost 2 more pounds! YEY!!!

SEF- I love singing too. Your group sounds like so much fun! I would love to do something like that!

Bob- Happy bday! I am new around here, but look forward to getting to know you all!

Keep on Busting, guys!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #140  

I just got in from the wedding. I am beyond exhausted. Tom is still there cleaning the church. It went well, except that the bride and groom had a lot of young male friends, and they ate like pigs. I made 16 pans of lasagna and they ate all of them, and were asking for more! I have some leftover ingredients, so I can make a pan for my family.

They say catering is good money, which is true. BUT, it is the hardest money you will ever make. I paid a friend to help me today, and I felt so bad for her as we were leaving. She was more wiped out than I was!

I expected my blood sugar to be elevated, but it is actually not too bad. I just realized though that I left my Byetta at the church.

I am going to go get the rest of the stuff out of my car, then get ready for bed. Talk to you all soon!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #141  

Good Morning everyone!! The weather down this way is awesome and will be for the rest of the week. Highs in the 70-80's and sunny for the most part.

This week is also standardized testing in the schools, so I expect to have lots of kids with headaches and stomachaches come see me. We have our box order in and the next thing is to request a transfer for any furniture or other large items that we want moved, and everyting else in the building needs to be surplused. Then on May 6, we are having a "Buffington Celebration" and I expect the entire community to show up since this school has been around since 1868 and in the current building for at least 50 years. I see the need for a new place and I am excited to get the new technology and all that goes along with it, but it is still sad to lose such a close, small school.

We went to Marietta yesterday to buy Rachel new pointe shoes again. Recital is in 4 weeks and she needs time to break them in before that. Otherwise, I think today will be a nice slow day just hanging around. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #142  
sef

Good morning,

Did not intend to play hookey from church, but I have. I did not wake up until 9:15a! If Bitsy whined to go out, I never heard her. I went to bed usual time too. One nice thing about it, I didn't wake up with vertigo so I must have needed that extra sleep. Our church starts at 10:15 and I just couldn't make it.

ANA: You could start your own group. We have a pianist, trombonist, drummer, saxophonist/clarinetist and me. We did have a banjo/mandolin player but he passed away. You must have some musicians in your church. The main thing you need is a piano. It is a wonderful ministry. Get a group together, call local nursing homes and you're in business. Right now we go to five places. We live in the Bible Belt, the residents get a plethora of religious services, so although we open and close with prayer and do a couple of hymns, we do secular music as a change for them. Our program is an hour long. My profession was Recreational Therapy and I know how much music reaches the residents. Often we see a confused patient making the motions of playing a piano, or dancing or moving to the music, or trying to sing or hum along. You know that you have struck a chord. We try to include some music that involves them helping on the chorus or do the bow-wows for "Doggie In The Window". It so important. and very much needed. Okay, off the soap box!!!

MONET: Gloryosky!! I have done a lot of cooking in my time but 16 pans of lasagna is beyond my ken! Catering you're on your feet all the time, no wonder you're tired! Hope you were able to sleep in this morning.

THIN: When our school closed down, it too was ancient. At one time it had housed all 12 grades. What wasn't saved was put on the auction block. You can just imagine the crowd. People were bidding like crazy for a monmento of their old school. My husband included as he attended there when it was 12 grades. Our kids were attending there when the transfer to the new school occured. They even had a couple of teachers that their Dad had!! A nice slow day always sounds good to me!

I did have something to eat but still haven't had my cuppa yet, so will end here before I have a fit of some kind. Does lack of caffeine give you DTs?

Keep a song in your heart, Shirley
Old 04-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #143  

HeartMom
Old 04-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #144  
Addicted to potato salad!

Happy Birthday Bob and Laurie!!

Just passing through. Mom and Dad just migrated back from Florida this weekend. I have to work today, then I'm taking my mom to the shop tomorrow for an OVERHAUL on her hair! She came home looking like Carol Brady! Only not in a good way. Then I work tomorrow, too. Then off for the week until Saturday.

Okay...this was just to say hi I have a blanket to put out on the line. Talk to you guys soon!!

Kris
Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #145  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERY BUDDY~~~~

Last night I was still up when Kate wne to bed, so I closed my door...Didn't want the TV to bother her. Of course I went to sleep and the door was still closed this morning ( no potty runs during the night I guess) I can attest that my bed wasn't wet...WELL..AT 7:45 a.m., I sat straight up in the four poster being RUDELY shaken from a blissful sleeep by a small furball banging on the door to get out!!! When a small bladder has to go, she has to go.
Couldn't see any sense in going back to bed, so here I am. Of course, Tippy is back in the bed....UNDER THE COVERS....SNORING!!!! (as is Kate)

Now, let me catch up with replies.....

TECH...Anxious to hear what you have done to your Mom's hair....Tell her they should have stayed a bit longer...the weather is wonderful and NO HUMIDITY (yet) Thanks for the Bday wishes!

MELF....I'm beginning to think that LAURIE isn't coming bak. She hasn't geen around in a long time...One can only hope that she will show her face!
I used to have that birthday program and it disapeared...do you remember what the name of it was? It's such a good program to be free!

THIN...I know you'll be glad when the school year is over, and by your statement, I assume you haven't started packing??? Be glad you only had to go to Marietta for the point shoes...a friend of mine has a daughter and her points come from Italy! Not cheap either!

MONET...Don't worry about the birthday thing.....I wasn't upset..by this time in my life, i'ts just another day! Glad the wedding went good. Did
you have any leftovers at all?

ANNABANANASINGS....WHEW...mind if I shorten that to ANNA???? We're so glad to have you join us.

TONI... Fly on back in here...you can do it....What do you take for your vertigo? Kate has it and her Doc told her years ago that there was no sense in spending senseless money on presctipton drugs for it. She told her to take over the counter motion sickness medicine because it's the same thing. I get her the store brand and it works wonderful....Might give that a thought.

SEF....Thanks so much for the Bday card...it was so cute. What's on your agenda for today:?

JACKIE...what did y'all get done this weekend?

Well, I'm off to start the laundry....that will be an all day project....BELIEVE ME!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-23-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #146  

Just got back from the gym. I did the water aerobics class then had a session with the personal trainer. I did not sign up for more sessions. I was hoping for more of an over view of the machines, but did not get that. Oh well. We have spaghetti night tonight, and I need to get some shopping done and go to the bank...

I will check in later!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #147  
sef

Good morning,

Busy day. Just got in from the NH and have to go out in a couple of hours to entertain. Leftovers for supper! DS BBQed yesterday and it was so good. Did burgers and chicken legs, simple but tasty.

TECH: Just saying HI! Hope Mom wants an overhaul!

BOB: I wonder what a no bathroom run night is like? My furball usually clamors at 7:04a, I swear it. I think she just wants to prove she can read the clock! Although yesterday morning was different. I felt pretty good so must have needed that extra sleep. My agenda is above. It's hard when I have two things in one day and three things? Forget it, I'm wiped out for sure. Laundry again? Don't you do any other housework? lol

MONET: The personal trainer I had showed me all the machines and was very strongly urging the treadmill. I can't walk steady on firm ground, I could just see myself stumbling on the mill and being catapulted across the room!!

Think I will put my feet up for a few. Have to go through some music, we are going to practice tomorrow afternoon so I have to dig out things for May.

Keep a song in your heart and good things will happen, Shirley
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #148  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Well, I got the letter from the State today and they sided with the Hospital and I have to pay back all the money I've been given. I'm so upset about this, but I'm sure they are laughing their ARSE off!

I'll try to come back later, but right now, I feel just like I've gone through the most messy divorce the world has ever known!

BOB
Old 04-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #149  
Bustin' Buddy

HEY BUDDIES!!

Well....my week off has come and gone and obviously I didn't come by and "catch up" like I thought I would. I have skimmed the board and it seems like there are a lot of MIAs and fly bys so I don't feel SO bad!! HA!

Things here are good - I'm starting to feel pregnant. Seems like the baby has been a little active the last 2 days. I had bronchitis last week and had to wear a pad because I kept peeing in my pants! That was not fun!

We had the last visit with Alexis' parents and now it's over with them. We just wait on the adoption - which could take a year. But, that's ok - at least we know she's ours now!

THIN: I can't imagine being on duty and that kid getting off of the bus and passing out right there! I would freak out! What a tragedy....

BOB: Sorry to hear about the state's decision. What a bummer!!

MONET: Sounds like you have been a busy girl!!! I just don't know how you do it!!

CHRISD: HEY!! Good to see you again!!!

SOLLY: Girl....you seem busy lately too! Don't work yourself too much!!

MELF & SEF: Are y'all enjoying this lovely weather? It has been so nice!!!

TECH: Love the "overhaul" comment about your mom's hair!! Mine just got an overhaul. I had to wait to color my hair - it was looking really bad!!! I have a TON of gray - I told my dr. if I didn't get it done soon I was going to look like I was 70 when I delivered!

ANA: Welcome! I'm not around much and I do lots of flybys but it's nice to see new members!!!

Well, let me run! Got to put the baby to bed!!!

Love you ALL!!!

Missy

Sorry if I missed anyone!!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #150  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay, today's the big day for mom and her hair. I think I might take my camera for before, during and after pictures. Its my day off, but I LOVE doing hair color.

I have had a crippling cramp in my lower left back since Sunday. I've hermetically sealed to my heating pad. I wish it would go away. It's, quite literally, cramping my style.

Okay...will see if my mom lets me take pictures and post them later on.

Closed Thread