Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #91  

Hey everyone! I am waiting on Tom to finish shaving, so we can go to the ceramic supply place and get some clay. I need more for the classes on Monday. I am also going to buy some glazes to use for the kids pieces, and let the school pay for it.

I too had a lazy morning. I actually woke up at 6, and could not go back to sleep so I got up and read some emails. Then I felt sleepy again, so I got back in bed and fell fast asleep! Tom woke me a bit after nine with espresso. I just finished a smoothie, some walnuts and a bit of chicken and rice for breakfast. We have a birthday party to go to tonight, and the food will probably be good. I have not been good. I need to get back on track here. Someone come kick me in the behind.... BOB, bring the wagon!

I agree, housework is NOT fun...and my house shows that attitude!

Love to you all! Will check in later! The store closes at 1, and I MUST light a fire under Tom who is notoriously slow about getting ready to go anywhere!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #92  

Hey! Just a flyby to let you all know I'm still alive! It has been crazy in my life lately. There are six weeks of school left this year so that means band banquets, dance recitals, awards programs etc. AND my school is closing up shop and moving! Ever think about trying to move a school?!? This week they wanted us to put in our box order for the move. They give you an order form with the different sizes of boxes available and ask you to put an actual amount of boxes needed! They also have limits set on sizes, so you can use your own boxes, but they cannot exceed the size of a basic copy paper box. If your items are in a box that is too big, they will not transfer it! You can place a transfer order for furniture though.
Imagine standing in the middle of your room and trying to figure out how many boxes you need! Now think about the kitchen and the media center (library). It's nuts!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #93  
sef

Hi,

Just a lazy morning. The only constructive thing I've done is crochet while watching TV. It is dull, dreary, dank and humid here. Matches my mood or vice versa.

ROSALIE: Here we are again! Sounds like we are both having the same type of morning.

I like color, my bedroom is pale lilac, sitting room light pink (no not true! It is a little too pink for even me! It did not match the color chip!) and the bathroom is pale green with pink, lilac and green shower curtain and window curtain (pretty lilac pattern - my fav flower), I used some of my pink depression dishes for accessories. Downstarirs they have everything in beige tones, except kitchen which is an old brick red, which is nice, not gaudy at all. So I'd say you should go for color!

MONET: Must be something in the air this morning, we're all lazy. That's okay though, we're just recharging our batteries!

Consider yourself kicked!!!

THIN: Glad you're alive! Fly by anytime! I don't think I could estimate the number of boxes needed.

I am going to get to that xst project if it kills me today! I'll let you know later if I'm dead!

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #94  

I've got to get busy and start posting. Instead of just lurking. So here I am. This is a really lazy Sat. We were supposed to go to Lowe's but guess DH decided not to. That's okay. But I sure do want to go look around. Yesterday I took a friend to the local restaurant for her birthday lunch. They had a food buffet and on was the best baked fish. I was really happy with it. They have it every Friday so I might try it again. You get the salad bar with it and it has lots of fresh veggies on it. We only have 3 small places to eat out in our little town. Since the population is only 600 you can imagine. So there's slim pickings on the food. Our little Dairy Shack does serve a nice chef's salad, so you can find stuff to eat out. We had a big storm last night. Even had some hail in it.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:46 PM   #95  
sef

Hi all?

Not many here for "all" salutation!

I think it's the weather, I'm still lazy and developed a headache. We had a couple of good rains interspersed with humidity and dullness.

No, I didn't get to xst!

TONI: It's nice to lurk now and then, but no one knows you're out there! Gotta join in and let us know how you're doing. Seems all of us are having a lazy day. Wow, your little town is even smaller than where I came from, we were about 1000.

Will check later maybe,

Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #96  

Well Ladies, it looks like our "MOVE" has taken place because my bookmarked link didn't work & I had to go to the main board to find us right under the Sonoma Diet like Susanne said.

Been a busy few days for me. Thursday I had meetings all day, yesterday I helped with distributing commodities in 2 neighboring towns. Today I had a Minister's Wives Brunch, then DH's annual company crawfish boil. I can hardly waddle & my eyes just want to close but now I need to take care of being my DH's secretary for his sermon outline for tomorrow, then I need to study the SS lesson because I am the teacher. What I really want to do is go to bed!

Will try to check in tomorrow.

Hey SEF, I have to go bring my DB back to the Kenner airport Monday AM. Is that when you go do your thing at the NH???
Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #97  

Happy Sunday morning, everyone! I got up and started down to the garagio to work, but Justin caught me and asked me if I would mind playing with the baby a few hours. I resisted the urge to tell him to kiss me on hind end. (we had a big heated discussion the other day about this very thing...him telling me he resented my taking the baby whenever I felt like it and my telling him I thought he needed to pay more attention to him...) But, since I have not had time to play with him, and this week is going to be nuts with little time, I finally said yes. We had his first breakfast, then went to the store because I did not get cat food yesterday and there was NONE. Imagine three cats looking daggers at you over an empty food bowl....that is what I was contending with. So, Kaeleb and I ran to the store and got cat food. I also picked up a roast to cook for dinner today.

My blood glucose levels were really really bad last night and this morning. I am getting concerned. I am wondering if my poor pancreas is just giving out. I am going to switch to very low carb, very low GI for a few days to see if it helps.

I better get off here and tend to the baby. He is sitting up and has finally figured out crawling. He is not very fast yet...thankfully!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #98  
sef

Good morning you two,

Just back from church after which 14 of us went to the Olive Garden. I had soup and salad.

Afterwards the couple I was riding with, or I should say the wife, wanted to go to Catherine's as she had a $15 coupon. I had never been there, Catherine's is a plus size store. They had some beautiful things and prices to compare with Lane Bryant. They had a great selection of bras, more of a size range than the local Lane Bryant store. With the dentist this week I have to budget myself. Next month I will go for a couple of bras.

MELF: Yes, Monday is NH day but I finish at 10:30a. We could meet somewhere for lunch. It would be nice to see you again, if you have the time.

MONET: You better go see your old doctor if Tom's insurance has kicked in. Seems like you are getting nowhere fast of late. This doctor hasn't helped very much or has he? You talk very brave but you must be really worried.

Must be hard to see things with Kaeleb that you don't agree with and don't want to interferre, altho you would love to say something. I know you are glad you are so close to him.

Very windy last night, blowing things all over. And cold this morning. Wouldn't have been if it wsn't for that wind.

Will check in later.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #99  
sef

Good morning!

It is a beautiful day. Bright, sunny and a little cool, but supposed to warm up.

Have the nursing home this morning and then I'm going to visit a couple of antique shops in Old Town and see what I can get for my deprssion glass, old records and other collectibles.

Going to make meatloaf for supper.

Right now I have a bit of a headache, took some Tylenol. Hope that helps.

Spent an hour last night talking to my cousin in FL. He is diabetic and has to shoot the insulin, is beyond pills. He had been in hospital with ulcer on leg. He almost died as he went septic. He is such a down person. Bemoans his fate but doesn't try to change it. Long story.

Seems I am full of long stories lately.

This is not helping head. Think I will get a cuppa and eat something see if that helps. I don't have to go to stores, but never cancel NH unless I am really sick. This headache is not sick, jusy annoying!

Will check in later.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #100  

Hey everyone! I had a wonderful surprise last night! I was getting ready for bed, and heard a strange voice coming up from the room beneath my room via the air ducts. I went to investigate. Lo and behold, James had come home and not told us he was coming! I was SO excited to see him. He of course had drunk his way home. His last day in New York was kind of crazy. The hotel reservation did not go through, so he ended up sleeping in his rental car. His plane was delayed, so he was not too happy, and suggested to the stewardess that if they were getting low on Jack Daniels, she might want to call one of the catering trucks to bring reinforcements to them on the runway waiting tarmac where they had to sit for an hour. She got the idea very clearly, and made sure his glass never got empty. The woman sitting next to him begged him to fly to Dallas with her and keep her company after they landed in Atlanta. He told her thanks but no thanks since he has not been home in almost a month. So, I was delighted to have him back.

My blood glucose level was horrible again this morning, so I decided it was time to quit playing around, and get back on the straight and narrow TOTALLY. I suited up and went for a 40 minute walk. That dropped the bg 45 points. I need to hop in the shower, then head off to the school. Then, I need to start plotting out the week to get everything done for the wedding. I am waiting on a final count from the bride and groom and a few other decisions on the cake and tables, then I get jump in full steam ahead.

I just finished breakfast- a whey protein smoothie and a cup of espresso. I will undoubtably need something with carbs to keep from crashing, so I will probably try a piece of fruit in a little while.

I messed up my knee last night kneeling at church, and it is really killing me this morning. I took ibuprofen, but it has not helped. I hoped that walking would loosen it up, but while it is a bit better, it still is too bad to walk down stairs normally. I am stiff legging it....sigh.

I will check in again later, after I get home from school. I better go get all ready.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #101  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Well, I had my conference call this morning with the State of Florida and HR from the hospital...lo and behold, they had my previous Boss there and she did all the talking....I should say a lot of hogwash!
They spoke first and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I let out a few gasps here and there...I finally got my chance to speak (I had taken notes while she was talking)..without calling her a speaker of the untruth, I very calmly told the man from the state what had transpired up to the point of my
not working anymore. One comment she said I have never used in my life and I told him so. I was made to look like a fool, but my gut tells me he didn't buy it all...he actually caught her in a few of her statements. She pretty much said I wasn't doing my job and that's why I was picked. I guess we'll find out what he thought as he will send his determination in the mail as to whether or not I have to pay the money back to unemployment. I still don't understand all of this other than I've been screwed by the company that I gave my all to for 17yrs! I can't allow myself to get my blood pressure up...

On the other hand, I did my taxes and thank gawd, I'm getting a really good
return...my car insurance is due in May and it will be used for a very good cause

MONET...I'm so glad that JAMES got home...the weather up there today is so bad, he wouldn't have made it at all! His luck with travel reminds me of my Brother. Did he write the letter to the Airline from his last experience?
How long will he get to stay?

I want to thank each and every one of you for the support that you've shown me through this mess with the Hospital..it's good to have friends and I'm blessed with all of you!

JACKIE...Did you win us a ton of money??? How did you trip on Sunday go? Did you notice how much gas is on your trip?

SEF...Hope your head is better by now. The coffee should help

MELF...The same thing happened to me when I tried to get on the board. I
then remembered and had to go over and make a new link to the board.
The placement is actually better than I thought it would be. I had the feeling that we would be clumped in somewhere but we're fine!

THIN...I cannot believe that school is about over! Hope the move goes well.

I'm off to wash the dishes. I've got eggs on cooking and then of course, I've got laundry to do!

SEE Y'ALL LATER!!

BOB
Old 04-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #102  

We have had a terrible day today. Lots of sick kids, but the worse thing imaginable happened this morning at a neighboring school. ( Our two schools are the two smallest in our county) A fourth grader got off the bus this morning complaining of a terrible headache and then collapsed. They say he was sweating profusely. He was transported to a local hospital where he passed away tragically. This is going to be very hard to deal with for my friends at this other school. Keep them in your thoughts??
Old 04-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Ladies.

Weekend was good, busy and very cold. I hdid have a winner at the track. $70.00. Biggest ticket I have ever cashed. Nice return on a 42.40 bet. Of course it didn't last long, dinner afterwards and again the next night. DH said I was the winner so I had to buy. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

Yeterday was nice visiting with my niece and her children from Md. I hate the drive, but my girls went with me so it was a bonding experience.
had to go to hte podiatrist again to. I thought he was cutting my toe off he hurt me to bad. Now he wants me to take Lamisil. I did not have a fungus but something he has never heard of. Par for the course with me. Anyone ever taken it?

thin, how tragic about that child at your school.

Sorry I don't have time for more replies. Very busy when you miss a day. See you tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #104  

Howdy ho! Well a new week ahead of us. Hope I can do one day at a time. And finally get back on SB. Dang I hate when I'm not in control of the one thing I could control. I had a peanut butter whole wheat bagel for breakfast. I passed on the scrambled eggs with ham DH had. I'm burnt out on eggs for right now.

Solly- I've used Lamisl twice for toe nail fungus but it didn't work for me. But I've heard of it working for other people. My brothers friend grew a beautiful new big toe nail back. Hope it works for you.

Thin- How sad for that little boy and his family. Wonder what was wrong with him.

Bob- What a horrible lady you had to deal with. But I bet unemployment will see right through her. Good luck.

Monet- I hope your BG gets leveled off. I've never seen anyone work so hard trying to keep it in control. Try to get some time off that knee.

Sef- Take me shopping with you. I love antiques!!!!

Well guess I'll get off here and go find something for lunch. Have a happy day...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #105  
sef

Good evening,

Went to NH and then down to Old Town. I had not been there since right after Katrina. Not many of the shops have reopened. It is like a ghost town with empty store fronts.

One antique shop was open. She said they are not buying because no one is coming in to buy. She could look at what I have but she couldn't give me a good price because she could have it in the shop for ages. She said it might be better if I took it to auction, only thing is if people are buying necessities for their homes, why would they buy at auction things they don't need. If no one is buying then it would go for nothing.

The shop is a conglomerate of different dealers. I cruised around a little and did not see much pink depression and certainly none of my patterns. Which could be a good thing as I kept the odd and more valuable pieces when I sold about a 1000 pieces back in '95.

My headache turned from annoying to hurting bad by the time I got home. Took more Tylenol and dozed a little. Made supper, ate and then fell asleep, missed half of Jeopardy. I do feel a little better. I think I will make it an early night.

MONET: Nice surprise that James was home......a strange voice? The first time I flew, I flew on Soouthern Comfort. I was so nervous and scared (I'm afraid of heights) my firend who took me to the airport thought I needed a stiffener.......or two. I floated iinto that plane and landed feeling no pain! Hope your knee is better. Isn't it strange, we can do something so normal and wind up hurting ourselves. Really concerned about your bg.

BOB: What a horrible woman! Truth should win out. Those arbitrators have heard it all and have a pretty good sense of who's talking straight. It seems like the work environment has changed so much lately. Glad I am retired! We want to support you, this is one place you can come for unquestioned caring.

THIN: What a shock for that child's poor parents. I wonder what the autopsy will show? We will definitely keep everyone in out thoughts.

SOLLY: You had better luck at the track than I did. I know how to pick the last and next to last placers.

TONI: If we could control our eating habits we wouldn't be here. Here is where we learn. For hardheads like me it takes longer. You'll make it, because you really want to.

My DH and I always went to estate sales, garage sales, flea markets and antique stores. Our house was a bounty of collectibles and antiques. My DS always said we should put in a turnstile and charge admission. When I sold house in '95 I had two gallery sales and three gargae sales......and still had a houseful left. Half of what was left went to DS who had just returned to states after 15 years abroad. The other half I kept for DD as she lived in HI at the time and I was using her stuff. Too expensive to ship to HI, plus she would have had to store it as she didn't have that large a place.

Hope you all have a good night, will talk to y'all in the morning.

Closed Thread